Learning you're expecting a baby is usually a time of much joy. Telling others your news just makes that happiness spread, making a special time even more lovely as your loved ones celebrate the new life you and your partner have created.
- 10 top parenting stories of 2014
- 10 cutest baby and toddler videos of 2014
- 21 celebrity baby names that got us talking in 2014
- 5 most controversial videos of 2014
Many parents are choosing to share their pregnancy and birth news with clever, creative videos – and some clips go viral as friends and even strangers around the world enjoy their news with them. Here are six clips we've loved this year … as well as two honourable mentions we just had to include.
1. This grandpa is just so happy to learn that his daughter is expecting – it's even more poignant when you know the family's background. This super sweet moment caught on film warmed millions of hearts around the world this year. (Read more.)
2. Baby announcements don't come much sweeter than this clip, which features a teddy bear preparing for the arrival of his new best friend. Then there's a big 'awwww' moment once he meets baby Henry. Aww! (Read more.)
3. Tom Fletcher, from UK band McFly, performed his emotional song Something New in this time-lapse video showing his wife's pregnancy and the announcement of their son Buzz's birth. It was a huge hit around the world – it's been seen more than 10 million times since March. It's easy to see why - it's just lovely. (Read more.)
4. We just love it when kids are overjoyed about getting a new sibling, and this video, showing little Faithlyn and Ethan getting an Easter surprise, is extra sweet. Faithlyn is especially thrilled with the news, telling her mum "I can't thank you enough!" (Read more.)
5. This video also shows a child getting emotional about pregnancy news – this time, it's 10-year-old Ethan, who has asked for a sibling for Christmas every year since he was two. TIn 2014 his wish came true, resulting in this gorgeous clip. (Read more.)
6. This couple got creative when sharing their awesome news with friends and family, using a clever trick to video their reactions. The joy is truly contagious! (Read more.)
It seemed 2014 was the year of the time-lapse video, with many couples using the method to record their pregnancies and announce the arrival of their new bundles of joy.
We especially enjoyed this one, which showed 42 weeks of pregnancy in one minute (some of which was filmed on a boat in the Greek islands). (Read more.)
Cutting the pregnancy time even further, this couple shared a clip of the nine months of pregnancy into a six-second Vine clip. Now that's clever! (Read more.)