Sign in to follow this  
Liv_DrSperm_sh

Channel 9 I hate you!

Liv_DrSperm_sh

Calling all EBers!!

Go on facebook and like this page

http://www.facebook.com/#!/ch9fail

Then go onto the channel 9 page and BOMBARD it with complaints!

becstar101

Haven't checked it out yet, but a friend posted www.vipbox.tv for live streaming of the games.

Good luck, I'm SO glad we have Foxtel IQ, I can tape full events overnight and watch them the next day. Looking forward to watching the women's team gymnastics final tonight...

FeralRebelWClaws
This is the Ch9 FB page where everyone is complaining.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/Channel9

In other news, I got to watch whole events last night instead of 1 minute of sport followed by 30 minutes of discussion about that minute. :)

Thanks for posting that! At least I got to unload...

BadCat, how long did foxtel connection through XBox take? If I read right it would cost about $60 for the month???

BadCat
Badcat, you are a genius....how is the XBox thingie going? We have a 250MB limit on our internet, will foxtel screw that in a nanosecond of streaming?

XBox is going great. Estimates online suggested that an hours streaming at high quality would use about 800MB. I'm running it on medium quality anyway because it seems to overcome the occassional buffering problem.

Thanks for posting that! At least I got to unload...

BadCat, how long did foxtel connection through XBox take? If I read right it would cost about $60 for the month???

It's cathartic being able to add your complaint to the tide of vitriol being spewed at Ch9 isn't it?

It took about an hour to set up the connection through XBox. You sign up online for Foxtel on XBox, use the pay by the month option. Then you set up your XBox and go to the XBox tv option. Setup in there took ages just because you have to put all sorts of info in using one of those on screen alphabets where you move the cursor to the letter and hit enter.

The costs involved are:

XBox (if you don't already have one) - from around $250

Foxtel by the month - $69.50 ($19.50 for the basic package you need and then $50 to add London 2012)

Gold Live for XBox tv - around $80 (depends how long a subscription you buy)

That's it.

Edited by BadCat

cward
Good luck, I'm SO glad we have Foxtel IQ, I can tape full events overnight and watch them the next day. Looking forward to watching the women's team gymnastics final tonight...
I'm loving it too and especially loving the foxtel app so I can even go to bed and keep watching it on my ipad

FeralRebelWClaws
The costs involved are:

XBox (if you don't already have one) - from around $250

Foxtel by the month - $69.50 ($19.50 for the basic package you need and then $50 to add London 2012)

Gold Live for XBox tv - around $80 (depends how long a subscription you buy)

That's it.

It's crazy that people have to fork out $400 to get decent coverage when it *should* be on free to air.

Somehow I doubt I'd get DF to agree to spend that much for me to watch the olympics especially when I am at work all day (except for today.)

Liv_DrSperm_sh
It's crazy that people have to fork out $400 to get decent coverage when it *should* be on free to air.

Somehow I doubt I'd get DF to agree to spend that much for me to watch the olympics especially when I am at work all day (except for today.)

Yeah, just tried it on with DH...no go!

I'm getting pretty close to booking on the next flight to the UK so I can camp out at my UK friends house for the duration!

Ianthe

We have an XBox and the kids have been nagging me for the $80 subscription thing anyway.Hmmm

BadCat

Go for it Ianthe. There's so much more olympics to see. Don't doom yourself to the pathetic Ch9 "coverage". There's gymnastics on at 3pm. (said in coaxing singsong tone) Do it. You know you want to.

That's a shame PussyDids and Livsh. My DH insisted on buying it for me. I said it was too much and he told me off and said I never spend money on myself, and then he literally RAN into JB who were just closing and said "sell me an XBox". He's a legend. :)

Could you borrow and XBox from someone? Or get a second hand one?

Edited by BadCat

JRA

Dh tried to take me to JB to get an xbox today. I am just not quite there.... It is the flow on after the games of having an xbox that I don't want

Binna
Anyone know if you can get the fostel coverage through the telstra TBox? And if so how much??

You can't get the Olympics coverage on it. Tried that one.

JRA, are you in the market for a new TV? The Samsung deal might avoid the issues with having an Xbox, although it is an expensive way to go.

Edited by Binna

sparassidae

It has certainly been frustrating. One of my "highlights" last night or whenever it was- watching the whole 7.5 minutes of an Aussie thrashing everyone in a rowing heat. Surely they could have switched to another sport in the middle, and just gone back to the finish to confirm?

The gymnastics has been particularly annoying- as I said to DH, when they only show the Australians it's easy for us uninitiated to say "wow that was good, why did we come 14th (or whatever). Since we don't see all the countries (especially the medal winners) there is nothing to compare to.

Anyway, here's another way to show your frustration: https://www.facebook.com/Channel9Olympicssuck

FeralRebelWClaws

We have 2 samsungs and even though they are newish (less than 2 years) neither have the foxtel option. (We have internet@TV, but they aren't "smart" tvs.

I think DF is afraid that then I'll want the kinect LOL Which I would...

I just find it annoying the way they only show like 5min of each sport. It's jumping around lie a kid on red cordial! Tonight, big surprise, more swimming and more rowing.

Binna
We have 2 samsungs and even though they are newish (less than 2 years) neither have the foxtel option. (We have internet@TV, but they aren't "smart" tvs.

I think DF is afraid that then I'll want the kinect LOL Which I would...

Same. I think my boys would like that Star Wars kinnect game.

Although a Foxtel/Telstra doorknocker was just here, and DH invited him in. Unfortunately it would take 10 days to connect, even though we already have cable and the previous owners had Foxtel. So close...

sparkle-tiffany
Yes there's some sort of legislation in place that in regards to sporting events, anything shown on a high def channel must also be shown on the standard def channels, so people with only standard def don't miss anything.

The only way I'm able to handle the terrible coverage is by recording everything on the pc set top box, them watching it later and fast forwarding through all the crap. In about 3 hours last night I got through about 12 hours of coverage, so much of it was repeated, or swimming heats. I am watching the footage from early this morning ATM. I got excited before because they said they were crossing to the women's water polo. They showed less than one minute of it, before crossing to the basketball, gah!!!

I thought Channel nine had 3 channels; 9, Gem and Go? Why couldnt they televise one set of sports coverage on Nine and Gem and then televise a different lot of sports on Gem? Im not sure which ones are SD and HD, but surely that would keep everyone happier?

Sign in to follow this