Sign in to follow this  
Liv_DrSperm_sh

Channel 9 I hate you!

Starrydawn
Yes me too. HATE this.

And bring back Bruce Macavaney! I used to find him really annoying but would take him a million times over Karl Stefanovic!

I will miss Bruce when it comes to track and field. He knows everything about every athlete from every obscure country going.

The coverage has been abysmal. That British accent guy who is he? Absolutely terrible. Worse than bloody Karl.

Edited by Chedasha

JRA

Damn we don't have an xbox, only a playstation.

$400 for how long?

BadCat

Most of that was the cost of the Xbox.

The Foxtel bit is $19 per month for the basic package and the olympics is $50 on top of that. You can disconnect again with no fees at the end of the month and reconnect anytime you want to. The Gold Live subscription that you need with your Xbox to access Foxtel was about $80.

It's heavy on the download though so if you have small download limit on your internet you might want to skip it.

JRA

Sadly it seems you can't do it with a ps3, only xbox.

Damn

I don't want it enough to go and get ANOTHER thing

BadCat

I felt the same. I have a PS3 as well. But the straw that broke the camel's back was when Ch9 said "let's go to the diving" and they did.... and they showed ONE dive. ONE.

I had a tantrum and told DH to pick up an Xbox on his way home. :lol:

Edited by BadCat

hoohoobump

I think they've taken some comments on board - haven't seen James Magnussen for at least five minutes and I did see equestrian competitors from at least three non-Aussies countries...

Still, pitiful...

I have fond memories as a child of watching hours of Olympics to learn all about different countries and sports, as well as the host city...

SlightlyLeftFeral
Nope.

Just went and bought an Xbox360 and a Gold Live subscription then set up a Foxtel account online. No contract, no fuss.

If only my ftb supps were in my bank account...

Zahhy

Bad Cat: I tried foxtel on xbox but found it annoying with it constantly stopping to buffer. are you having that problem? if not, are you running it through wifi or cable to your modem?

BadCat

Wifi. Haven't had much trouble with the buffering so far. Of course it's only been running a little over an hour now so I'll see how it goes.

willow79

Another one who is glad we have foxtel now. Although DH wants to watch basketball & I want to watch equestrian.

Zahhy
Wifi. Haven't had much trouble with the buffering so far. Of course it's only been running a little over an hour now so I'll see how it goes.

bugger. ours was terrible from the start, buffering every minute, so I cancelled it. I'll just have to go to mums and watch her foxtel this weekend again :p

Luxe

So sick of watching the same thing over and over. I'm on holidays so I have time to watch it but I think I might give up and do the tv series I bought from Jb's because the constant rehash about swimming is killing me.

Jenflea

Oh that Pommie cricketer guy is terrible on the cricket!

Why on Earth do we need a imported cricket commentator?? Do we not have enough ex players to use instead? I'd hate to hear him on the other sports.

Owl_Little_Girls
It's times like this I love my foxtel, we didn't even need to add the extra channels!

Channel 9 is getting universal hatred from everyone I know

Same for me. I can just watch what I want, when I want.

Not everything else.

FeralAlpacaWarrior
I really don't understand why 9 is broadcasting on 2 channels (9 and gem or go), and they are both showing the same thing.

Is it like that everywhere? :unsure:

I read somewhere (facebook?) that they have to show it on GEM because they have to provide standard definition by law, alongside high definition so those with set top boxes won't miss out...Its the reason they can't show two different things on the two channels or something as some people won't be able to access it.

Don't know if its true, but there is a reason for it apparently. Seems like the broadcasting law might not work the way it was intended.

Yes there's some sort of legislation in place that in regards to sporting events, anything shown on a high def channel must also be shown on the standard def channels, so people with only standard def don't miss anything.

The only way I'm able to handle the terrible coverage is by recording everything on the pc set top box, them watching it later and fast forwarding through all the crap. In about 3 hours last night I got through about 12 hours of coverage, so much of it was repeated, or swimming heats. I am watching the footage from early this morning ATM. I got excited before because they said they were crossing to the women's water polo. They showed less than one minute of it, before crossing to the basketball, gah!!!

Binna

2012 Samsung Smart TVs can access Foxtel* too, including the Olympics package. We have a 2010 model :( No Xbox, and DH won't agree to get Foxtel for six months just to watch the Olympics.

*http://www.samsung.com/au/newsletters/dealers/june2012/av/foxtel.html

Ianthe

[quote name='BadCat' date='31/07/2012, 09:12 PM' post='14790561

But the straw that broke the camel's back was when Ch9 said "let's go to the diving" and they did.... and they showed ONE dive. ONE.

I have been sitting here for four hours waiting for the diving! I should have realised moving away from the TV for 1 second would mean I would miss it.

I feel like Clark Griswold at Wally World- do I need to kidnap a Channel 9 program executive?

Anyway...

We got am Xbox on Saturday purely for he Olympics and I am so happy we did!!

Haven't had any issues with buffering thus far it's been really good. We have cable Internet with wifi running the Xbox foxtel from that.

If you are with Telstra supposedly the foxtel downloads are in the free download time :)

Edited by *Hayley

Princess.cranky.pants
Is there a schedule for the foxtel broadcasts anywhere?

Program listings are on Foxtels website.

Anyone got a like to 9's FB page. The link posted wasn't it.

Edited by Princess.cranky.pants

Rilla

Oh yes, isn't Mark Nicholas a treat?! He's bad enough on the cricket but woeful at the Olympics.

Why can't we get that month's Foxtel subscription and access it through their app? I reckon they'd get some customers if they added that now, everyone's so fed up with Channel 9.

BadCat

This is the Ch9 FB page where everyone is complaining.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/Channel9

In other news, I got to watch whole events last night instead of 1 minute of sport followed by 30 minutes of discussion about that minute. :)

Jenflea

money well spent then Bad Cat :)

mrsboof

Anyone know if you can get the fostel coverage through the telstra TBox? And if so how much??

Pretz

I'd like to know why Chanel 9 will cancel all regularly scheduled shows to bore us to death with cricket matches from morning until late at night, yet they only show little snippets, and repeats of the Olympics which they must have paid copious sums of money for the rights to air.

That does not make any sense to me.

I finally got to see a bit of the show jumping today, but of course they didn't show much.

I really hate channel 9. Are the game boxes expensive?

Liv_DrSperm_sh
2012 Samsung Smart TVs can access Foxtel* too, including the Olympics package. We have a 2010 model :( No Xbox, and DH won't agree to get Foxtel for six months just to watch the Olympics.

*http://www.samsung.com/au/newsletters/dealers/june2012/av/foxtel.html

Yep, my DH is being a miserly b*st*rd and won't let me sign up either.

I have seen NO mens gymnastics and FOUR LOUSY MINUTES OF THE WOMENS TEAM. I am seriously considering going down to channel 9 with a VERY big stick!

Badcat, you are a genius....how is the XBox thingie going? We have a 250MB limit on our internet, will foxtel screw that in a nanosecond of streaming?

Sign in to follow this