Sign in to follow this  
Liv_DrSperm_sh

Channel 9 I hate you!

Feral Grey Mare

Agree totally! Hopefully australia get knocked out of all the team sports early so we don't have to watch interminable hockey matches and boring basketball (can't stand the squeaking!). Have added all the commentary team to my list of people to send to Mars (one way tickets only...).

Azadel

I suspect Foxtel is paying Channel 9 to show rotten coverage so people switch. :ph34r:

Princess.cranky.pants

Times like this I'm glad we have Foxtel! I have been watching equestrian all day and loving it.

I have not even seen 'that race' because I have been too busy watching everything else. Not a huge fan of swimming.

Rilla

Oh it's been dreadful, hasn't it? I usually love the Olympics and absorb as much of it as I can, but its almost unwatchable this time. The commentators and presenters are critical, boring and smug. I wish I had Foxtel or could pay for access for a month and watch it on the app.

Liv_DrSperm_sh
Well you're welcome to come & watch it here.

We have 8 channels (Foxtel) & no one is watching it, TV is off.

We only watch one event as part of DDs homework every evening & once she sees what she wants & writes about it, off it goes.

We have to do this for the whole 16 days, it bites!

Wanna house swap!?? I'll even do your daughters homework for her!

SlightlyLeftFeral
Oh it's been dreadful, hasn't it? I usually love the Olympics and absorb as much of it as I can, but its almost unwatchable this time. The commentators and presenters are critical, boring and smug. I wish I had Foxtel or could pay for access for a month and watch it on the app.

Yes, and the constant flicking between events, so you never see a full one, just bits and pieces, interspersed with bits and pieces of other events.

I too wish that you could pay for the foxtel app, so I could watch the events I want, in full.

chookpea

What I don't get is why don't have any coverage during the day? I just turned on TV and they're showing Day of Our Lives!!

Fifteenyears

The weird thing is, everyone I know wants to see more gymnastics. I don't think it would be an unpopular decision to broadcast a little more of it. I can only assume they're pacing themselves and we may get to see some of the actual competition (as opposed to just the Australians) during the finals next week.

I'm another who can't believe how many bloody replays there are when so much is going uncovered. I think it's the worst Olympic coverage I've seen so far.

Liv_DrSperm_sh

reading the channel 9 facebook page is cathartic!

Looks like 99% of Australia agrees!

Anyone had any experience using that VPN thingie to let you see BBC iplayer?

Fifteenyears

Oh and that Big Brother ad? I'll have seen enough of that to absolutely guarantee that no matter how little else may be on in the time slot, I will never, ever tune in to Big Brother.

Hypnic Jerk

can I have a link to the facebook page?

Melie

Everytime I have tried to watch some of the Olympics on Channel 9 there have been ads on ...that Big Brother Ad is driving me nuts :wacko:

And I got the kids to bed early to Watch Amazing Race on Monday night on 7 and its not on because of the Olympics :unsure: ....not sure why the other channels have to change all their programming for 2 weeks because of a sporting event !!!!!

Amica

I wasn't expecting much... I'm still not over Eddie McGuires coverage of the winter Olympics and making gay jokes whilst covering the figure skating.

HerringToMarmalade

Me too! I just want to see some diving! Not hours of cycling and hockey! And since they're using 2 channels I assumed they'd be showing different things, and that one would broadcast the nights events again during the day. My dad has foxtel, I may have to investigate. Is there a schedule for the foxtel broadcasts anywhere?

Jenflea

I can't find the Channel Nine FB page, all i get is the Wiki listing for it.

I LOVE the diving! I really wanted to show my 2yr old some gymnastics as I think she'd enjoy it, but the TV guide isn't very good at telling us WHEN they'll be showing things.

JRA

You may be happy they are not showing the womens hockey match that is current happening :cry: :cry: :cry:

Coffeegirl

Link to channel 9 Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Channel-Nine...96098489?ref=ts

Personally loving the Foxtel coverage. Right at this moment I have my choice of

Equestrian Medal : team jumping

Swimming

Basketball

Badminton (Seriously? Why????)

Boxing - followed by women's hockey

Water Polo

Rowing

Weightlifting

And I flip to,channel 9 to see.......

An ad :rofl: Followed by another replay of some swimming events :blink:

And to the PP who said they had only seen Aussie in the gymnastics, we've seen lots of other countries, maybe it was just the time you flipped on and it was the Aussie rotation? They only rotate 2-3 countries at a time in the event from memory.

Fifteenyears
Link to channel 9 Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Channel-Nine...96098489?ref=ts

And to the PP who said they had only seen Aussie in the gymnastics, we've seen lots of other countries, maybe it was just the time you flipped on and it was the Aussie rotation? They only rotate 2-3 countries at a time in the event from memory.

Possibly, but we taped about four hours of TV that night and in that we got about four minutes of Australian women on the beam.

JRA

Take that back, the hockey is 6.15 in the morning

pili-pala

And just top it off, we have ray warren talking about rugby league whilst yet another freestyle relay in men's, referencing the 4 x100m relay AGAIN.

Off to investigate the streaming

In regards to the VPN and Bbc i player, we have limited success and a lot more failure. Haven't tried it for this, will it be in iplayer?

glasnost
I'm also sick of them ONLY showing events if there is an Australian participant. Yes, people want to see them, but not to the exclusion of all others.

Yes me too. HATE this.

And bring back Bruce Macavaney! I used to find him really annoying but would take him a million times over Karl Stefanovic!

BadCat

Woo! Four hundred bucks and a couple of hours later and I'm watching Equestrian on Foxtel.

JRA

But I assume you had foxtel connections etc first?

thebarnwellb4

Even My 7 year was complaining about all the swimming. Wanted o see the Archery!

BadCat

Nope.

Just went and bought an Xbox360 and a Gold Live subscription then set up a Foxtel account online. No contract, no fuss.

Sign in to follow this