Sign in to follow this  
Liv_DrSperm_sh

Channel 9 I hate you!

Liv_DrSperm_sh

What is the deal with channel 9's coverage of the Olympics!

Seriously it BLOWS! I haven't seen any archery/shooting/weightlifting/sailing......the list goes on...BUT I have seen the relay team lose about 11 billion times!

This is so bad I am actually considering getting Foxtel!

BBC, how I miss you :-(

blackcat20

Someone has started a group on Facebook

Group

~kacee~

I added the channels to my foxtel account yesterday for the same reason. On channel 9 I saw about 5 minutes of gymnastics in between basketball and equestrian. On foxtel there are 8 channels with about 3 sports shown on each.

Liv_DrSperm_sh

I don't have foxtel at all...and by the time I actually get it the Olympics will be half over!

AARRRGGGHHH!!!

If I had known channel 9s coverage would be so appalingly bad I would have organised it months ago.

If I have to see another half hour interview with Karl fawning over some athelete I will spew!

Ginja Ninja

It's terrible isn't it?

The lack of covering anything much of anything (other than numerous repeats of swimming) and them smarmy, smug presenters have me wanting to throw things at the TV, and it's day 3 or 4 ugh!

BadCat

You can get Foxtel by the month if you have an Xbox 360. I was seriously considering nipping out and getting one today.

Channel 9 sucks. They seem to assume that nobody cares about anything but swimming - unless we win a medal of course. :rolleyes:

Bluenomi

It's times like this I love my foxtel, we didn't even need to add the extra channels!

Channel 9 is getting universal hatred from everyone I know

jules095

There were lots of complaints about Channel 9 not show any equestrian, on twitter yesterday.

Surprise, surprise, last night they showed it.

I think they think people prefer the 'Popular' events, when many people like to see the lesser telecast sports

Edited by jules095

~mimo~

I really don't understand why 9 is broadcasting on 2 channels (9 and gem or go), and they are both showing the same thing.

Is it like that everywhere? :unsure:

BadCat

What really bugs me is that they are showing the same damn program on Gem. If you are going to run two channels for such a large event couldn't you put something different on each?

Oh, and 14 hours of coverage every day they told us. They neglected to tell us that 13 hours and 50 minutes of that would be dedicated to the swimming.

Pretz

Thank goodness I'm not the only one that thinks their coverage is appalling.

I like watching swimming, but they continue to show the same races over and over and over and over and over and over again. There are so many other sports that I'd like to see.

The commentators they have are boring and smug.

I'm also sick of them ONLY showing events if there is an Australian participant. Yes, people want to see them, but not to the exclusion of all others.

I imagine they had to pay a hefty price for the coverage rights. What was the point when their coverage is so abysmal?

As mentioned above, surely they could stop playing tiresome re-runs on GEM for the duration of the Olympics.

KT1978

I read somewhere (facebook?) that they have to show it on GEM because they have to provide standard definition by law, alongside high definition so those with set top boxes won't miss out...Its the reason they can't show two different things on the two channels or something as some people won't be able to access it.

Don't know if its true, but there is a reason for it apparently. Seems like the broadcasting law might not work the way it was intended.

JRA
I really don't understand why 9 is broadcasting on 2 channels (9 and gem or go), and they are both showing the same thing.

Yes,

Additionally I am normally first to complain as my two fave sports rarely get coverage - equestrian and hockey.

It has been a little bit the opposite so far

Speckle Park

Sorry to rub it in but the Foxtel coverage is very good. I have never seen such good sailing coverage of any sailing regatta. They are mixing in clever computer graphics to show how the whole fleet is placed and explain wind shifts etc.

I saw almost every competitor do the equestrian dressage and now I think I could be a judge next Olympics. It is such an improvement on Channel Nine only showing a sport if Australia wins it and even then only showing the Australian. They bungle it every time. Yes, we all love swimming and we all love a winner but there are about 35 other sports and 203 other nations who are also there.

RichardParker
I'm also sick of them ONLY showing events if there is an Australian participant. Yes, people want to see them, but not to the exclusion of all others.

This. Im not even a particularly avid fan, but I was happy to see the gymnastics the other night. They showed the Aussie team do their thing, then cut immediately back to the rowing - to watch the Australians. I love watching the competitors from other countries - that's the whole point of the Olympics.

Karl is just gross.

unicorn

At least I am not the only one miffed about them only showing the Aussies competing, and someone please give Ray Warren a gag, he is one of the reasons I stopped watching sport on nine, he just waffles crap through the whole event.

ScarfaceClaw

Even foxtel is a bit bias.... they showed the Aussie girls gymnastic team to the detriment of all others in their subdivision....

I saw NOTHING of the other teams, and instead was able to be enthralled by the aussie girls talking, retaping themselves, chalking up, packing their bags.... at an olympic level....

Otherwise tho, I am thrilled to have 8 channels of sporting awesome-ness and am loving every second....

ingrid74

Channel 9 sucks but all the streaming channels on the computer are great!

pili-pala

what are teh streaming channels? please share because I can't face seeing the 4x100m freestyle race again (and we didn't medal in it)

Liv_DrSperm_sh
Channel 9 sucks but all the streaming channels on the computer are great!

Oh god, please PLEASE PLEASE share your streaming channels!!!

Failing that...anyone here with Foxtel mind me camping out at their house for the next two weeks??

BadCat

Bombard channel 9's FB page with complaints. They're getting a complaint every minute or so at the moment.

ingrid74

http://www.sportlemon.tv/

Have a look here. Can't guarantee all the channels are working but Eurosport (there are several options here) will be showing some better coverage of the olympics.

Hubby also had a link to a station that has 6 broadcast streams and you can pick your sport that you want to watch. I think we pay for that though.

And if you can't get rid of the ads, go to full screen mode and they should go.

Edited by ingrid74

Liv_DrSperm_sh
Bombard channel 9's FB page with complaints. They're getting a complaint every minute or so at the moment.

EB campaign to break the channel 9 FB page with complaints!!!

Liv_DrSperm_sh

I am so glad it's not just me!

My DH is not interested in the Olympics (I know I don't know why I married him either) and he has no opinion. I thought I might have been looking back at BBC coverage with rose-tinted glasses!

Sign in to follow this