Soontobegran

Rebecca Wilson

Soontobegran
Rebecca Wilson says what your avergae Daily Tele reading is thinking. I mean, c'moooorn, you see an enormous, muscly Chinese (female) swimmer you don't *ping* steriods?. :wacko: Yeah well if you don't, then you're very young and/or forget the East germans etc from the 80s.

I don't often agree with her, but I think she gets way more shiz than her male equivalents in the profession.

This is the 16 year old girl Rebecca is talking about

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/07/30/world/as...ming/index.html

Not an enormous muscley woman as in those steroid taking Chinese and East Germans of the past but a diminuitive, baby face little girl.

If she has taken something it isn't steroid.

Soontobegran
I haven't heard anything of Rebecca Wilson, but I am annoyed with Foxtel. I was watching the gymnastics last night and all I saw were the Australians, I would like to see the other countries that are competing.

IKR.

I saw some of Canada and the USA today when they did repeats, the US girls were just a cut above the rest, amazing stuff.

Tammy Swanson
:rolleyes:

No I am not. One does not have to be related to someone to feel empathy and have an understanding that teenage kids and young men can make terrible mistakes...particularly those who live with immense pressure.

I did however have a coffee a friend who has a son who was in the Olympic Squad. He didn't make it into these Olympics but he shared rooms with Nick on several training camps and my friend met Nick and his parents more than once.

She assured me that the public perception of Nick is nothing like the reality and that there is way more to the stories than has been reported in the media.

She said he was a polite and hard working young man who took her son (who is 5 years younger) under his wing.

blimey I could think of a lot better people to take anyone's son under their wing but each to their own :wacko:

tres-chic

The commentary seems pretty bad on both free-to-air and Foxtel, it's hard to know where to turn!

Leila McKinnon and Cameron White have as much charisma and energy as a soggy cossie. Susie O'Neill on Foxtel is OK (and actually has some credibility) but she's quiet and getting drowned out by the other two.

Have some great sports commentators of the past retired or something?

Soontobegran
blimey I could think of a lot better people to take anyone's son under their wing but each to their own :wacko:

Yes, each to their own but this couple are wonderful caring parents who themselves are in the medical field......I trust their opinion, in fact I trust anyone's opinion who has actually met him rather than rely on the media to form that opinion.

Soontobegran
. Susie O'Neill on Foxtel is OK (and actually has some credibility) but she's quiet and getting drowned out by the other two.

She's been actively shut down by them. :(

I'd be happy to listen to her and nobody else really.

MrsLexiK
14787531[/url]']

Rebecca Wilson says what your avergae Daily Tele reading is thinking. I mean, c'moooorn, you see an enormous, muscly Chinese (female) swimmer you don't *ping* steriods?. :wacko: Yeah well if you don't, then you're very young and/or forget the East germans etc from the 80s.

I don't often agree with her, but I think she gets way more shiz than her male equivalents in the profession.

You clearly do not know who we are talking about.

KT1978

Could it be worse than the last winter Olympics where they rounded up commentators who joyfully announced they learnt to ski the previous day, but then commentated the slalom?

And talked over the top of commentators who actually knew what they were talking about?

:rolleyes:

Now that was painful!

matt1972

She was into that Chinese girl last night as well. It obviously hasn't struck her that a country with 1,300,000,000 might be able to find some decent athletes when they decide to put their minds and resources to it.

It's funny how when other nations swim well they must be cheats but when the Aussies swim well it is due to hard work, guts and good ole Aussie spirit.

Literary Lemur
I haven't heard anything of Rebecca Wilson, but I am annoyed with Foxtel. I was watching the gymnastics last night and all I saw were the Australians, I would like to see the other countries that are competing.

I am completely sick of only watching Australian competitors! I want to see the elite and the big moments whther they are are big moments or not.

Coffeegirl
I missed the Nik D'arcy but have just sat here whilst she basically said the china team where cheats or the swimmers where anyway.

Well she just voiced what others are saying/thinking/implying Including SMH.

At the following Olympics in Atlanta in 1996, they won just one gold. Just this weekend, Chen Zhanghao, the doctor with the Chinese Olympic team at the Los Angeles, Seoul and Barcelona Games, told the Herald he had tested hormones, blood doping and steroids on about 50 elite athletes. While the Chinese swimming authorities insist that their sport has cleaned itself up, five swimmers were banned for failing a test in 2009 and, even more worryingly, 16-year-old Li Zhesi tested positive for EPO in an out-of-competition test on March 31. Li had won gold as part of the 4x100m freestyle team in 2009.

I haven't really listened to her to be honest. I just focus on the swimmers..

TBH I'm disappointed in how the media here love to hype up our athletes before events, then rip them to shreds when they lose. It's sad.

Gangnam Style
You clearly do not know who we are talking about.

Thank you for pointing that out. You are correct. I shall no longer comment. :cry:

:laugh:

JRA

I too would like that. But firstly I think I would like to see Australians, and the families and friends of those Australians would love to see the Australians.

Chelli
TBH I'm disappointed in how the media here love to hype up our athletes before events, then rip them to shreds when they lose. It's sad.

I agree with this!

MrsLexiK
14787755[/url]']

Thank you for pointing that out. You are correct. I shall no longer comment. :cry:

:laugh:

Sorry my reply was very direct. I have been listening to people all day say she is cheat and I feel sorry for her. Grant Hackett is the only one I have heard speak about her and not say she is a cheat.

Gangnam Style
Sorry my reply was very direct. I have been listening to people all day say she is cheat and I feel sorry for her. Grant Hackett is the only one I have heard speak about her and not say she is a cheat.

It's OK. Obviously I am mistaken. There are no performance enhacing drug users competing in the London Olympics.

pili-pala

Slightly off track but any one else fed up with channel nines constant replay of the 4 x100 m freestyle relay. They just did it again after and ad break before going back to the equestrian