Ruf~Feral~es

Another media vent!

PixieVee
I meant that "tongue in cheek"! Of course I don't want a national inquiry. Although it feels like the media would like a national inquiry into how "our boys" devastated the entire country!!!! :D

Oh ok. Phew Haha.

Ruf~Feral~es

And on it continues - surely we can stop this garbage, somehow?

FOR the remainder of the Olympic Games, any athlete or team's failure to live up to expectations will be known as "Magnussen".

It can be a noun: Spain's football team is out? What a Magnussen. It can be a verb: Usain Bolt totally Magnussenned the 100m final.

James "The Missile" Magnussen and his uber-hyped 4x100m freestyle relay colleagues failed to launch this morning, coming fourth in the final.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/london-olympi...k-1226438615435

Zarlias

I may be a little slow on the uptake and granted I've been fluffing around today, but having finally sat down to watch the replay of the swimming medals...

um, so far we've won a bronze and a silver. That's like a couple of Aussies who are 2nd and third best in the WORLD in their chosen sport....

Honestly, I had no idea that anything had happened other than the fact that the relay team didn't win.

Sad state of affairs :(

chat

I can't fault the foxtel coverage it is brilliant. You even get little alerts at the top of the screen to switch over to watch an Aussie. The attention to detail is excellent. I watched the opening ceremony on 9 but that is probably it for 9.

Edited by chat

~JASB~

Anyone see the channel 9 reporter interviewing Kobe Bryant? Apparently there are reports in Australia of a blossoming romance between he and Stephanie Rice :rolleyes: All I've heard is they met, he gave her his boots, and she was star struck. That's all it takes to have a blossoming romance, apparently. Reporter sounded like a moron.

ZombieFerretOfDoom

I've been trying to teach DS (age 4) not to have a complete meltdown any time he loses a game.

What a waste of time. I should just encourage him to move into sports reporting when he grows up.

hoohoobump

When I turned on the TV his morning I had just missed the relay and thought they must have been disqualified they way they were talking...

Soontobegran
I agree with this. Our equestrian athletes are world class and barely get a look in.

Foxtel has a brilliant coverage of the Equestrian events. :)

Anyone see the channel 9 reporter interviewing Kobe Bryant? Apparently there are reports in Australia of a blossoming romance between he and Stephanie Rice :rolleyes: All I've heard is they met, he gave her his boots, and she was star struck. That's all it takes to have a blossoming romance, apparently. Reporter sounded like a moron.

That was about the most cringeworthy moment of the games reporting. What a fool of a reporter.

Ruf~Feral~es

I wish we had Foxtel. :(

I'm also annoyed that, even though Ch. 9 has all their digital channels, they are still either playing crap on them, or they all have the same thing on. I thought the whole point of the channels was that they could have more than one thing on at a time.

But I suppose they know that those of us without Foxtel are a captive audience.

Frockme
I agree with the equestrian comment. Australia are sitting second after Germary after the first day (which was dessage, our worst area) and there has been no coverage ANYWHERE. At least tonight I can sit back, watch the eventing round thanks to Foxtel and see if we can get ourselves into a winning spot for the showjumping

Foxtel had equestrian showing for hours over the weekend. I didn't watch bc it's not my thing but it as been on! :)

Soontobegran

I'm also annoyed that, even though Ch. 9 has all their digital channels, they are still either playing crap on them, or they all have the same thing on. I thought the whole point of the channels was that they could have more than one thing on at a time.

Yes, it is a poor show by Channel 9. :angry:

I am very pleased at the moment that I was talked into Foxtel, even happier that we have it to 3 TV'S so we can watch what we each like and tape what we are missing. :)

Anyway...

If anyone has a tbox or Xbox you can get py by the month foxtel, that's what we did for the Olympics and I have never been happier :)

casime
Foxtel has a brilliant coverage of the Equestrian events.

I would have paid for the foxtel coverage (I don't have the sports channels), but I go away on wednesday and I'm staying with someone who doesn't have foxtel, so it didn't seem worth it for a few days. I should have planned my trip better.

FeralAlpacaWarrior

Channel nine has had some equestrian coverage, it's been on in the middle of the night. I agree the coverage on FTA has been shocking. Stop telling us sob stories and get on with showing us sports! I think there's a media rule that for sports events the hi def channels can only show what's on the standard def channels. It sucks. PP if I had known about getting Foxtel for only a month I would have got it.

kpingitquiet

If you're only a successful Australian athlete if you win gold, why do they bother showing up for basketball? Why not just put it in a 5:1 olympic rotation between the US and the other couple countries who occasionally win and not bother with the whole competition part?

I really enjoyed 9's Beijing coverage. It seems with London that every time I turn the channel to 9/90 they're showing regular programming or replays of the pool. Why on earth can't they show missed events in the off-hours so we can see more than some damned swimmers and the interminable rowing and biking?? I caught a whole 10 mins of gymnastics and couldn't believe that's all there was. They better not screw me/us out of some good track and field events!

MrsLexiK
14787002[/url]']

I read an article about this, channel 9 is not allowed to split as the telecast needs to be available to all and at present not everyone has access to the digital channels. In this instance you can actually blame the govt and the free to air sporting act thing they have.

Poughkeepsie

Yeah, I'm with you too on the reporting beat-up of the relay result. Surely the devastated looks on the faces of those 4 guys was enough to make anyone realise they tried their best and JUST DIDN'T WIN. And so what...can't win everything, every time. I really feel for those guys.

Oh, and Karl Stefanovic makes me want to hurl my TV throught the wall...how is this man on prime time TV?????

P.S. More gymnastics please!