F.E.B.E

Welcome to your new Olympics forum!

F.E.B.E

With the London Olympics kicking off this weekend we thought we'd open a new dedicated area for discussion. Threads posted in other forums related to the Olympics will be moved here.

The section will be moderated by admin, so please contact Chelli, Therese or myself if you have any problems, or, to report an individual topic or thread simply use the report button (the exclamation mark below every post).

Anyone willing to start betting on the Australian medal tally?

PixieVee

I actually get the feeling that the Australian tally is going to be quite low this time around. I don't know why I think that and have based it on pretty much nothing haha.

SarDonik
I actually get the feeling that the Australian tally is going to be quite low this time around. I don't know why I think that and have based it on pretty much nothing haha.

Yeah we don't have the best swimming squad and not much on the track. Maybe the pole vault.

Therese

I agree with you PixieVee. I hope we are both wrong though :D

~Nodnol~

I agree Pixie. Maybe two gold in swimming, one in cycling and maybe pole vault?

Still, it is going to be great to watch.

PixieVee

Yeah, don't get me wrong I love the Olympics and I am not even a big sport watcher... but there's something about it that gets me excited! And London is going to be a great host.

Does anyone know what our tally was in Beijing?

Edited by PixieVee

kshy

I agree with the medal talley although I hope I am wrong

My predictions for golds are 2 in swimming, Pearson in the Hurdles, 1 gold - I think the unknown ones are the sailing - we dont hear anything about them but they could provide us with much needed/wanted Golds

What I am looking forward to is watching it with my 9 year old daughter - she is so excited and has the days marked down that she will be setting the alarm to get up really early and watch - she loves watching Sally Pearson and is racing in the Interschool sports hurdles a couple of days before

Whilst it could be a long few weeks of getting up in the middle of the night, I love how passionate she is about sport

Edited by kshy

Fifteenyears

I'm going to go right out there and say 14 golds and double that in bronze and silver.

Announcements