Sign in to follow this  
Michkaminx

Depression week 25-26

Michkaminx

Hi girls, I'm pregnant with my second baby and depression and anxiety has crept in. I'm hoping it's just hormones and will pass soon. Has anyone else experience these itimitant symptoms?

ejfingerscrossed

Hi Michkaminx,

I am naturally a bit highly strung, and have found pregnancy a bit of a stress out, I am also working and renovating, so I feel like I am stressed at the appropriate level. If you are feeling anxious I would encourage you to speak to your GP and get them to write you a mental health care plan. It means you will be assessed and get access to services and medications for free (or very little) if you need them. Even if it's intermittent do go and see someone, stress can affect you physically, particularly blood pressure and you don't want physical complications to add to the anxiety. My hospital North Shore Private offers a special midwife program to make sure you're ok, if you happen to be at NSP it's the gidget foundation, you can call them and make an appointment!Best of luck, let us know how you get on, or if there is anything that is particularly stressing you out!

Rach42

I have had depression/anxiety symptoms on and off through my pregnancy - I am sure it is to do with hormones and just the general toll that pregnancy can have with tiredness, etc, as the feelings have passed fairly quickly. However I have told my midwife that I have had depression and anxiety in the past so they ask me about it at my appointments. I like to have someone keeping a check on me just in case.

When I was pregnant with my second baby I was really worried about developing depression so I talked to my midwife and she got me an appointment with the hospital psychologist so I could talk about my worries - didn't cost me anything because it was in the public system.

Michkaminx

Thank you for your replies.. I do have a mental Heath plan and am seeing someone. I don't want to take meds at this stage as it comes and goes and isn't consistent. I didn't have it with my first child but I guess with this one I worry more as my first is now 3 and hope I will handle it. I think I avoided it with the first as I went bak to work but this one I will b staying home and that thought of being home with a baby again is a little overwhelming. I'm hoping this is just the pregnancy hormones and will pass. This has been a difficult pregnancy as I've been sick so I'm guessing that doesn't help. Thanks gain for your replies :)

Sign in to follow this