Sign in to follow this  
Perth12

Dating Scan

Perth12

has anyone had a dating scan yet- usually done between 6-8 weeks. My GP does not think its required. However, a ob friend thinks its a good idea as it helps have an exact date and provides an early inidcation that all is well... GP has recommended first scan for down's syndrome at 11 weeks or so....

Nowfor4

Hi,

I am having a scan on friday, I had a mc in April so just want to check that everything is ok, and I am running in an event the following week so just to put my mind at ease.

Sassy Dingo

I'm having mine on Wednesday. I'll be 6 weeks, 6 days then. I'm really looking forward to seeing that little heartbeat.

If you join the facebook group, a lady has already posted a picture of her scan. Looks like a little kidney bean. Amazing that something so small has a beating heart.

Babushka Doll

Having mine on Friday (will be 7 weeks exactly according to my dates). Can't wait to see bub's HB! My GP orders one for my OB who I see at 10 weeks.

melzy02

Ill have one when I see my OB. He does them in his office so probably around 8 weeks?

Babushka Doll

Anytime after 7 weeks a HB should be able to be detected. Anything before hand is luck, or yes - going to cause great stress because it is too early.

Although its hard - best to wait until after 7 weeks!

Ive had them with each of my babies, GP just orders them as part of routine. I guess it depends on your GP/circumstances. I'm sure if you really wanted one, they would give you a referal. Any excuse to see bub right??

Natttmumm

I'm having a scan on Wednesday at 6 weeks. I have a history of miscarriage I don't think it's routine. I'm nervous

kimliz

Hi nattmumm

Could you wait just a few more days? Don't want you to go though the no heartbeat yet scenario. I had one on Friday, I thought I was 7 weeks exactly, but scan put me 6 weeks 5 days. Everything was perfect and heart was beating 148bpm. It was such a relief to see after my micarriages this march. It made me feel pretty positive for almost 2 days lol. I cannot wait till the 12 week scan now, then I will relax a whole lot more. if i were you i would wait till you think you are 7 weeks, but I do completely understand your anxiety. Good luck.

M!ssy

I have one booked next week at my OB appointment. Can't wait, will be a first for me :)

TheFirstNoel

Just had mine this afternoon! Turns out I'm not as far along as I thought, only 6w 3days. I was a bit dissapointed at first as I thought it would be too early for a heartbeat, but the sonographer was great and found a lovely steady heartbeat :wub: Just one little bub, in the right spot, and it turns out the egg came from my left ovary!

I had one because my periods had been messing around recently so I was unsure of my dates, and I have m/c before so I freak out until I see a h/b!

Lickety Split

I have to wait until 12 weeks for my scan. No fair!

DanielleSupa

Doctor said 6 weeks for first scan, but i'm tempted to wait until 7 weeks to ensure i get to see that little HB!

Perth12

Hi eljose- I am in the same boat.... Would love to have one. Will make it feel more real. At the moment I have very little or no symptoms except feeling bloated n bad body ache..,. A scan n listening to a heartbeat will put me at rest and make it feel real!!!!

lisahoping

I had my dating scan today. I have been sooooooo nervous about it because of my age. I think id convinced myself I had a blighted ovum.

Anyway, it went really well, infact I cried lol. According to my lmp I'm 6 weeks 3 days and everything was where it should be, including a little heartbeat :)

They dated me at 6 weeks but because there is a less that 5 day discrepancy I apparently go with the 6 weeks 3 days, which means a due date 10 feb.

It was lovely to see and it definitely made it all very real. Hope the ladies who are waiting don't have to wait much longer x

Natttmumm

Had the scan and it was under 6 weeks. After the scan the FS told me he did it to rule out an ectopic. Tbh there was not much to see but he thought the scan was all ok and said to come back in 2 weeks.

Sign in to follow this