Sign in to follow this  
FourLittleLoves

Maternity Clothes

FourLittleLoves

Just thought I would start a new thread for the maternity clothes questions and finds. :)

HOTmilk maternity/feeding bras

Asos free shipping! and their summer stuff should be on sale in a few months!

Jay Jays extra long singlets in store, because nothing else covered my twin bump near the end last time. :)

mamacitamahns

I'm waiting for my 12 week scan tomorrow and then will be placing an order at Pea in a Pod, Asos and Topshop Maternity!!

Will post what I eventually decide on...so many choices! ANd trying to get stuff I can layer now, and still use when the weather is warmer.

Future-self

Target have extra long tanks at the moment - absolutely brilliant for covering the bump. They were on sale for $8 - normally $15 I think. I bought 3!

Quattuor Genitrix

What a timely thread for me! LOL

I just put an order in for some plus sized maternity gear from a place called women within. I spent $129 incl postage for three pairs of mat pants and a couple of shirts..

Will let you know what there fit is like!

I can find some gear here in normal maternity wear that would fit but would have no hope of finding jeans that will fit in a maternity style without paying $80+ for them!..

Swan Lake

Someone in teh normal thread posted about Oriri and I'm a total convert. I'm totally in love with some of their stuff particularly teh Sacha Drake dresses. Such a shame they're so expensive but teh fact you can wear them post pregnancy too might make it worthwhile spending the money.

Last time I got a few things from ebay and the rest just a larger size of normal stuff. I like the bamboo maternity wear as it doesn't wrinkle and they had some nice simple dresses that you can then accesorise to make it look like different outfits. I can't remember the company but if you put bamboo maternity into ebay a whole range of stuff comes up.

SoTired

www.nextdirect.com

Its a UK site with free shipping to Aust and it is cheap! I picked up 2 x l/s tops, leggings and a cardie for about AUS$80.

They have a cute jumper that I really want but its out of stock ($32).

Cardio Carrie

www.bumpbabyandbeyond.com.au have great things as well. They are based in Melbourne and sell a lot of last seasons maternity clothes from brands such as Ripe etc but at reduced prices. I ordered from them when I pregnant with my DS in 2007 and they still have good stuff and wonderful service too.

The maternity clothes range and prices are fantastic at Next Direct. Will definitely be ordering from them in the next few weeks. Will be getting my jeans online from jeanswest. I will need the short leg length and they are not available instore - only online.

porkchop's mama

Another vote for nextdirect - great prices and cut. I've ordered 2 pairs of trousers for work and they have really solid waistbands and look formal enough for work below the belly band.

I've also ordered from Isabella Oliver - they are a bit pricy but the fabrics are great. Got a dress and some skirts from them.

Did a huge Witchery run - went up a size in their chunky knits and layering tops. The tops have a bit of length to them so hoping they will get me through to the end of winter. Thank goodness we're going to be huge in summer not winter. Much easier to dress a summer bump.

Bought my favourite jeans in the maternity version from shopbop.com - Citizens of Humanity Dita in the petite leg length. Denim a little thinner than the main line but they look great on.

Metalicus!!!! How I love you. They had a great online sale this week, 40% off. Stocked up on dresses and tops. They wash very well and friends say that they've gotten close to the end of their pregnancies wearing the label and will be perfect for after as well.

Target have a set with a belly band, tank top and leggings. Got a set on sale for $15 last week.

Otherwise, my leggings from Supre still fit. Have heard that Cotton On is worth looking at as well.

Just reading over my post. I have shopped for the whole of pregnant Australia already.... Not even started on baby things.

Whoops.

porkchop's mama

Duh!!!

Forgot - soon maternity. Australian label. Lovely customer service. Nice fabrics but a bit thin. They have some winter sweaters that will come in handy for work. The wrap dresses are pretty but fit and fabric better with Isabella Oliver.

That's it - I promise.

Zingiber

Just went maternity clothes shopping and think i will spend the rest of the afternoon in bed crying.

Let it be known that Noosa is not a maternity wear friendly zone.

Am going to have to get to Brisbane at some point.

Managed to get a pair of black elastic waisted pants in Rockmans. Never thought I'd see the day i'd be buying size 18 elastic waisted pants at Rockmans but that day is here. With luck they'll get me the whole way through winter...I pulled them out and reckon i could squeeze a pillow in there so I should get to 6 months in them by which stage it will be starting to warm up again. If i'm bigger than that at 6 months..... God help me. Also got a couple of long black tank tops to wear with them.

Already have 5 long cardigans/oversized men's style shirts i can wear with the pants and my black boots so that's a half decent work wardrobe for office days. Have already got a few Sacha Drake dresses for out of office days but a couple are already getting a bit snug because i've put on weight all over.

Really don't want to buy too much because i have no intention of staying this big for a day longer than necessary!

meifong16
www.nextdirect.com

Its a UK site with free shipping to Aust and it is cheap! I picked up 2 x l/s tops, leggings and a cardie for about AUS$80.

They have a cute jumper that I really want but its out of stock ($32).

Thank you so much for your recommendation!!!! I've been trying not to buy any maternity clothes the past few weeks but woke up yesterday morning feeling pretty upset because I cant fit into most of my dresses or tops anymore!!! *sob sob*

Decided to finally purchase a few maternity tops and end up spending about $121 for 4 pieces. Hopefully they will fit well!!

porkchop's mama

I might well be the shopaholic of this DIG...

Have just ordered some Maternal America skinny jeans from Queen Bee.

Friends have given them two thumbs up.

Will update when they get here.

Happy shopping!

vintage.blue

I bought some lovely maternity jeans from Target yesterday. I bought some already from nextdirect but the sizes seem wrong as they were massive!

I'll need some tops soon. I wear a lot of cardigans with tops, so can keep wearing my cardigans and just need a couple of tops.

I'll also need some work pants soon. I'm wearing my normal ones but with a safety pin on the waist because I can't do them up anymore!

igotababybump

Ok question: do you buy your regular size when buying maternity clothes?

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll need them for sure! Gotta buy some mat clothes very soon as lots of stuff is not fitting me and just annoying me around the belly area. Have to buy some maternity tights too because the ones I have are feeling too tight.

Nutty nut

Can I ditto that question? I haven't bought anything yet other than one of those waist extenders for pants, though my stomach sticks out quite high up: bloating rather than a bump, so I don't really even need those yet.

Itching to go shopping, but I've got no idea if the rest of me will stay the same size, and I'll just need stuff to cope with the bump and boobs, or if I"ll put some weight on all over and need to buy a bigger size than normal... Girls on a subsequent pregnancy, advice based on last time? Wait to go shopping? Buy normal size or one size up?

porkchop's mama

I'm on my first pregnancy and have found that staying the same size works best for me. But it's only the first tri.

I did buy some trousers a size up in maternity and they're way too baggy for the moment.

cosmic79

I just had to pop in and recommend Mavi Jessica skinny maternity jeans. I'm 15 weeks and not showing as such, but my normal jeans are too small due to weight gain and I didn't want to spend money on the next size up when they would soon enough not fit me either.

This jeans are heaven. Comfy, and they look like regular skinny jeans. They were $150.

Just wanted to share because I know that jeans are hard to buy at the best of times, let alone when you're pregnant!

genevievesmum

Cosmic79 I took your advice and ordered a pair of the Mavi Jessica skinny jeans today from Queen Bee. Can't wait to get them. Thanks for the share :8

Love nextdirect also and have grabbed a couple of things from asos too. DId find from asos though, that my usual size came in a bit big but I'm sure in a while it's not going to matter a whole lot!

Lainskii

If anyone can get to pumpkin patch (or if you're happy to shop online) they are having a sale + extra 25% off on all their things including maternity.

I picked up some BF tops and cargo pants. and most of them came to between $15 - $30.

The code is AUBPVP if anyone is interested - lasts until Sunday (and free shipping if you order online as well.

~bluebird~

Hi, just wanted to say i found a website maternitysale.com.au nice clothes and cheap. Ordered on Sunday and came wed night, they said to stick to pre pregnancy size, and after trying them on think they will be great, look good now with room for bump to grow.

I found with some brands last pregnancy if anything i should have gone down a size because the clothes went overkil on arm size.

FourLittleLoves

I was just on Pinterest and found this DIY Maternity they have some cute tutorials.

cletus

does anyone know where I can get some inexpensive long sleeved stretchy maternity tops? I love the Kmart tops for just general wear, but it seems they only do 3/4 sleeved tops. Actually most maternity tops seem to be 3/4 sleeved - don't know how pregnant women are supposed to get through winter!

I did buy a long-sleeved top from nextdirect.com - but the cut is really odd and the sizing way off.

The only other long-sleeved tops I've seen have been in the $70-$80 or more price range which I'd rather not pay for just plain tops which I'm probably going to wear under dresses etc! Any suggestions, please let me know.

FourLittleLoves

Not sure about maternity but you could always look in Jay Jays or Cotton On etc that do inexpensive basic stuff. Most of it is stretchy and long enough to cover your belly.

missy78

Metalicus is having a 70% off sale at the moment on their website. I have picked up some great stuff!

porkchop's mama
Metalicus is having a 70% off sale at the moment on their website. I have picked up some great stuff!

Me too!

cletus - I've been wearing some tops from Witchery, they're having huge sale at the moment. The regular tops are pretty long in length and they also have layering tops that are practically mini dresses. Love them as they don't ride up.

PCM xxx

Sign in to follow this