Sign in to follow this  
sg290780

Anyone from the Mornington Area?

sg290780

Hi all,

I am from the eastern suburbs and thinking of moving to Mornington or close surrounds?

Have you always lived there? Did you move there? Have you left there?

What are some good Primary or catholic Schools?

Any down sides to note? How is it to get a job?

Any advice appreciated!

LadyMorgana

I am from the Chelsea area, moved to Mornington 3 and a half years ago and had to move back to Chelsea and will be moving back to Mornington very soon for good.

My step daughter goes to Mornington Secondary College and loves it, and is doing really well. They have great facilities. There's one bad area in Mornington if you want to know where PM me. I'm not sure about the job thing as neither my DH or I work in the area.

I love living there though. Everyone's really friendly. I can't think of a downside! If you want more info PM me

Miss S

I was a Mornington girl for 35 yrs, I live in Perth now but I miss home so much :( It is a great place to live although it is rather busy these days, house prices can be a little steep no matter where you live but there is some very nice properties around. All the schools are good with both catholic and public primary and secondary schools. The work side of things all depends on what you and your DH do but Mornington is pretty central. I know the area that the PP is talking about and some spots there are livable as that is where I grew up and i turned out ok :happy: If you move to the peninsula you will love it :)

flowerpuff

We moved from prahran in melb city to Mornington 7 years ago & LOVE IT - we also bought our home in the "bad area" that ladymorgana is referring to - the "bad area" is evolving as it was originally buillt as a housing commission area whereas today more young families are buying into it as the housing commission homes are being sold to private buyers & I can walk my children to the fantastic new location of the area's catholic primary school which they love.

I have no negatives relating to Mornington - it is beautiful as is all of the peninsula - as for jobs, I would say it depends on what field you work in - I am in health and am only a 15min drive from home, my hubby is a property valuer (knows a bargain as we bought our home for less than $200k 6 yrs ago) & although on the road a lot during the day, his main office is only 30mins from Mornington.

Good luck with your decision - we have never regretted it for a minute :D

Edited by flowerpuff

bosker

I lived in Mornington in the 80's & '90's and lived in different houses in Moorooduc, Mt Martha & Mornington. I loved it, mainly because I had/have familiy down there, so still visit yearly.

I've seen it grow from a sleepy hollow to a bustling town, the shopping is so much better than it used to be.

The only 'downside' that irritated me was the five-fold increase in traffic during summer.

Mother's beach is perfect for little kids, that's definately my favorite beach.

I really miss it actually

Bec& DH

DD19

DS5

Sign in to follow this  

Announcements