Sandra

August 2010 Parent Group #26

My4Sunshines
How is everyone going with TT?

:rofl:

This is me about TT, fingers in ears, eyes closed chanting lalalalalalalalalala :(

R E A L L Y not looking forward to it.

When we take Taj's nappy off he runs around the house and we call him 'free willy'

Those who tt a girl first then trained a boy was it really different? I've heard boys take longer, which is probably what I'm anxious about.

The potty is outside waiting to be cleaned, I should do it now the weather is warming up though

heidles82

Thanks everyone :-) Bridgette is just so delicious - a perfect little pink bundle!

Jackson's meeting went well - he gave his baby a quick kiss and cuddle but was more excited about the play dough and lollipop :rolleyes: He still has to learn to be gentle, but I am sure this will happen once we are all home.

TT - I have been lazy and waiting for warm weather, not being pregnant and for Jackson to show a little interest. Hopefully all three will align shortly!

KMA - hope to hear some baby news from you shortly! All the best for the next few days xxx

My4Sunshines
TT - I have been lazy and waiting for Jackson to show a little interest.

Same here, minus the pregnant bit :lol:

I guess having the potty inside may do the trick :rolleyes:

Good to hear Jackson likes his little sister, the fact he gave her a kiss is a huge step imo of meeting a new sibling

SG Hows things going with 2 now?

DD1 had her uniform fitting for secondary school last week and I could've cried!! She looked so much older though beautiful as ever. Actually it could've also been that I didn't get much change from $700 as well :grin:

How the heck will I be seeing her in a wedding dress??!!!

lexington

What is TT? LOL

I'm in denial. L will do poos in the toilet. He also knows sometimes when he has to wee. But he's not much of a talker so not translating that into TT yet. He'll tell us when he tells us like D did I guess. I am not gonna bother pressuring him.

lexington

Sorry to keep pimping my blog.

Check out how we got D to eat his veggies.

http://porkchopsnest.blogspot.com.au/2012/...vegetables.html

DD1 had her uniform fitting for secondary school last week and I could've cried!! She looked so much older though beautiful as ever. Actually it could've also been that I didn't get much change from $700 as well :grin:

How the heck will I be seeing her in a wedding dress??!!!

OMG $700 for uniforms!! Far out!

I'm now scared of school costs.

My4Sunshines

Far out how busy is life at the moment??

Every weekend in November and December is cray cray ( :rolleyes: , sorry!!) if there isn't something going on outside of home we are running round like mad people at home all weekend, I want a rest :cry:

Though very unlikely to happen if one hasn't even started Christmas shopping yet :fear:

Sooooo SG, Heidles & K+M+A+P (is that right??) how are things with a toddler and newborn going? fun hey!!!

Aminila how are you going?

Lex we grew the best broc this year, it was great, we also had and have tomatoes & cucumber and now we also have snow peas, zucchini, celery (though we didn't water it enough so it is very bitter), beetroot, spring onions and pumpkins. We really need another patch to plant multiples so we have ongoing, lasting supplies and not all at one go. The novelty seems to have worn off here though, however Taj likes to rake the veggies for me :angry: oh and pick the nectarines off the tree, when they are golf ball size and play with them as well as the apples so now we have no nectarines and I am constantly pulling him out of the nets over the apple trees :rant:

Sheesh these boys are busy!!!

stml How is your beautiful house?

Must go, plenty to do, just wanted to pop in and say :waves: to everyone

heidles82
SG, Heidles [/b]& K+M+A+P (is that right??) how are things with a toddler and newborn going? fun hey!!!

Define 'fun' :lol: Crazy - definitely!

The last 7 weeks have passed so quickly! Jackson thoroughly adores his little sister, and is slowly being less enthusiastic (rough) with his "Bridgette cuddles". He has even tried to share his toy cars, trucks and trains on several occasions, plus toast and biscuits - so sweet!

ShopgirlX

Naww Heidles that's gorgeous! E is similar with A, and we've finally gotten her to be more gentle! Mostly she squeals with delight when she sees him and says "he's so cuuuute" which is just adorable!

We tried to take a Christmas photo today but it was a bit of a fail ... I haven't seen the photos yet actually but A was all serious face so not sure we've got anything print-worthy!

Aah yes life is hectic now. Our Christmas tree is up but still naked :o We might get there by Christmas day!

heidles82

Slightly late, but I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! My two were thoroughly spoilt by Santa and their grandparents. We managed to get a Santa photo - Jackson was happy to sit on a little stool in front of Santa, but Bridgette was not at all impressed, especially when I took her dummy out for the few seconds it took to take the photo! We have a great photo of Jackson with a cheesy grin and Bridgette howling :lol:

It's hard to believe 2012 is almost over. It has been an awesome year for me, and I am looking forward to 2013 to be just as much fun with DH and our two gorgeous kiddies :love: Wishing all you lovely ladies a great 2013 too!

Skip to my Lou

Happy New Year! and MEry Christmas too! Hope that everything is going well with you lovely ladies.

Our Christmas was hectic and exhausting, but great too. We have taken it fairly easy since then, me getting a summer cold on boxing day has greatly assisted the 'lazy' stakes that's for sure. It's probably a good thing really as otherwise I would have been out doing landscaping etc every day, and although that needs doing, it's not going anywhere right? lol

I believe that I got sick as it looks like our house has finally sold and I started relaxing. It has progressed well, just waiting for the 'official' unconditional. Was supposed to be uc on the 21st December but the bank didn't have their evaluation report back in time. So the conveyancers shut up shop midday on the 21st and don't come back until the 7th Jan. I got contacted by a friend on christmas eve who congratulated me on the sale. She is a friend on facebook of the purchaser and they had been contacted by their bank to say it is all unconditional now! So no doubt the fax is waiting at my conveyancers for them to come back to work. So very relieved it's finally sold. Settlement is early March.

Paige is now toilet trained, she just decided 'BANG' and that was it. #1 and #2 and even her day sleeps. She wants to wear undies at night to bed, but quite often they are getting wet so I think it's too early for that now. She is so gorgeous wearing undies, but as she is so petite, I'm having trouble getting pants to fit. At least now it's summer so if leggings are short (size 1) it is ok, heavens knows what I will do come winter!!!

M4SS - another here spinning out about the $700 for uniforms!

We finally have internet at home now, so should be here a bit more often at last - it happened just before christmas, I am getting $700 compensation from Telstra due to all the mess around which is great. However, I got this months bill yeasterday and it's 3 x as much- charging me for 2 services which is interesting as for a whole week after they messed part of the 'fix up' up we actually had no phone at all...am waiting them to call me back so that can get sorted too. Will this ever end? Over 4 months now of phone troubles. Insane.

Think I've rambled on enough, best go and do something productive, Happy 2013 xxx

My4Sunshines

HELLO!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with your families and have had a great start to 2013

It's been full on here, the Christmas build up was frantic then dh and I fell in a heap for about a week to get over it all :tongue: Oh I think the age thing is hitting us now!

DD3 was sick over the holidays and an xray revealed she was quite constipated (was is 2010 as well) so she's been having 'special drinks' ;) she knows there's medicine in there but it tastes shocking, like salt water, so we mix it with cordial.

DD1 is prone to blocked ears and dd3 is prone to blocked pipes, Taj has allergies, dd2 is HIGH maintenance, what a bunch we have. I'm not even going into dh and my issues, let's just say the over 40 issues are comin out :blush:

DD2 & 3 are off to school tomorrow and dd1 starts secondary school on Monday, still can't believe it, I shed some tears thinking about it last week!

Dh has finished his 6 year Psychology degree(?diploma? he has/is working on so many I'm a bit :wacko: ) and is about to finish his MBA, he will start his Honors and PHD this year.

He got bad news today that his Oma in Germany died early this morning, our time, she was in hospital for a few weeks just after Christmas then once she came home she went down hill fast, her body just shut down and at 98 I say she did a fabulous job. Now he is kicking himself he didn't go over when she became unwell and is tossing up whether to go over now.

Taj is very not interested in the potty, he took one look at it and was not impressed, he will happily sit on it if his ball is in it and he has pants on :glare:

I can just see he will want to do it in winter :glare::glare:

Oh we bought him a Thomas the Tank Engine bed and he loves it, he'll cuddle his face at the front and pretend to drive it saying 'toot toot' :wub:

Now completely off topic has anyone heard of a procedure where some coral like substance is inserted into the fallopian tubes and your body reacts by growing tissue over it creating it's own natural blockage?

I want to look into this before we go ahead with a vasectomy for dh

I hope the new bubbas are going well and bumps are growing nicely.

Our group has gone very quiet though our lives have become quite busy I guess.

STML I a thrilled to hear your house sold, what a relief

Have any floods come near you?

IAC How are you?

LEX Where are you?

Take care everyone :waves:

lexington

I'm very good M4SS!

It's more like I have so many social media updates that I forget to come in here!

My4Sunshines

CONGRATULATIONS Aminila and welcome to your new son Tommy :babyflip:

He is so cute, and he came early!!!!

I hope you are going well and the night feeds aren't too tiring ;)

What do the big brother and sister think of him?

Great news and thanks for letting us know

lexington

How are all the second bubbies and how are you guys coping?

I'm at the stage of getting rid of all the baby things including onesies. I'm just offloading to anyone and everyone who has a baby!

Then attended a target baby event that I said I wasn't suitable for and ended up with more!!!

Now to palm off to someone else!!

Skip to my Lou

Belated Congratulations Aminila!! So very excited for you , hope all is going well.

I am finally the owner of only one house which is great. Work has been very busy lately so I haven't been on here or fb. In fact I am thinking of getting rid of fb completely.

DH and I celebrate our 10 year anniversary soon and are going away child free for the weekend - just going to stay in the Dandenongs but I can't wait!

My girls are both good although have been having a lot of behaviour issues with F. Who would have thought 6 would be the hardest age yet? She is so emotional it's almost like adolescence already. One minute she's fine, then suddenly screaming and crying. Doing DH and my head in. She's also gone crippling shy, crying when she meets new people or has to do things like get her eyes checked. Yep that was a fun visit. Am dreading taking her to the dentist again but can't really not do it..

P is in a 'big girl bed' finally, she was hating the cot, we ordered a new bed for F and it took 8 weeks to come in, then P got F's old bed. She can get a new bed in a few years once she is night trained. Strange having a colder day here, and yep a real struggle finding pants that are long enough for P but not too loose around the waist. Chubby kids are so much easier to dress! I never had this problem with F!!

x

ShopgirlX

Hi gals!

CONGRATS Aminila! All the best to you and little Tommy <3

I had written a whole reply on my phone and then my browser cracked it. I am so :rant:

Anyway now to try and be as witty and charming as I was the first time around :p

All your kidlets are so 'grown up' now. I haven't TT'd and E is still loving her cot (guess that's a bonus). We are going to tackle TT over Easter weekend. I am in complete denial. Do. Not. Want. To. I don't 'do' poos and wees. I will never be able to take her out anywhere ever again until she's oh, I don't know, 10? Argh. Give me strength. I'm almost secretly hoping it doesn't work out so I can confidently have her in nappies for longer. Is that bad?

Meanwhile the little one was cruising along beautifully until 2 days ago when the hot red cheeks and Mister Cranky Pants turned up :( He now won't sleep longer than about 30 minutes in the daytime (unless I'm with him) and we were just starting to get past his shocking cat-napping. I hope this passes soon and that the poor little guy at least has a tooth to show for all this!

I have no idea where my time goes. I can't seem to get anything done, and I don't even have E home twice a week! Argh! Someone tell me it will get better and my house WILL get cleaned??

Hi to everyone... See you in another few months :p

Skip to my Lou

Ah shopgirl it does get better. The older they get the easier it gets. As for TT. Seriously - you can't do it when YOU want to, you have to do it when THEY want to so if E isn't showing an interest don't worry about it yet, you're most likely going to cause stress and anxiety trying to do it if she - and you- don't really want to. Please don't stress about it, I promise it will happen, and if you wait for her to lead you it will happen so much quicker and easier. I didn't get a say with either of my girls, it wasn't that convenient when P started but when they are that eager you just go with it. Going out the first few weeks is stressful, but you just have to make sure you know where the toilets are and trust them to tell you when they need to- and run like lightning when they say they do!! Most people I encountered offered up toilets, people seem to have a lot of understanding for TT thankfully.

Good luck and if I'm not back before next weekend Happy Easter everybody!!

heidles82

Hi! I hope everyone had a lovely Easter. I ate way too much chocolate but it tasted so good :D

Jackson got extra chocolate eggs from the Easter Bunny for giving him his bottles. He has asked for a bottle at bedtime some nights, but I remind him he got extra chocolate and he is ok again. I was a little sad to get rid of the bottles - I guess because he is now a little boy! He is almost fully toilet trained (wears a pull up at night but these are dry most mornings). He picked up tt quite quickly really - I think because we waited until he was ready (ie telling us he wants big boy undies).

Miss B is 5 1/2 months old and boy has it gone way too fast! She is such an easy going little lady - always happy and smiley :wub: I think she will be a bit of a handful when she gets mobile - very curious!

Hope everyone is well and I'll check in again soon :)

lexington

OH HAI ladies...

Checking in on you.

Skip to my Lou

How sad. Looks like our little group has come to an end :down:

My4Sunshines

I'm still here I'm still here :(

I check in every now and then but don't post myself :blush: as I thought all the posts would be my own :tongue:

I will be back later as I have stuff to do now.

Don't leave!!!!!!

Skip to my Lou

HOORAY!!!!!!!

waiting eagerly for an update :D

Edited by Skip to my Lou

My4Sunshines

Oops, a little later than promised however I have a good excuse, Miss 7 chipped both her front teeth, her new ones :cry: I have knots in my stomach thinking about it.

We are off to the dentist at 2pm, can't help but think of the cost at the end.

Soooo, all has been well here my big news is Dh had a vasectomy last month :clap:

We won't get the 'all clear' just yet though.

DD3 turned 7 this month and we went rollerskating with some of her friends the weekend just gone. It was so fun, dh even bought a pair of skates as he didn't like their in line skates or the regular ones :rolleyes: so I believe we will be regulars at the rink to get the use out of them!

Lou I could have written the exact same thing with the crying, it's driving me nuts, tears over anything and nothing and the smallest thing, quite exhausting. She is a sensitive girl, I just wish she would talk instead of cry.

DD1 has settled so well into secondary school and is just starting to realise she needs to put more effort into her work now, her natural talents will only get her so far ;)

DD2 continues to be ...... herself, high maintenance :8 She was in a swim meet last week in 6 events and got 5 pb's, one 6 seconds off!!! think we need a pool at home so she can swim her frustrations out!

Taj has settled well into the roll of 2 year old boy :glare::glare::angry:

Still no interest in the toilet however he is speaking much more clearly now and repeating what we ask of him, just need to watch what we say ;)

One night while we were eating dinner he said "naya (dd3) sit down 1 2 3 4 5 go timeout" :rofl: we couldn't stop laughing.

I think that is about it for us, how is everyone (anyone) else going?

Lou how is your house? Did you find another job?

How are all the new bubba's going?

It has been very quiet here, I guess a lot are on fb?

Anyway if anyone pops in I am thinking of you and hope you can give us an update.

Off to have lunch before the dentist, :waves: byeeeeeeee

Skip to my Lou

Hey M4SS who is your 7yo going? Must be the season for injuries - scary how we parallel really - but F fractured her ankle on mothers day, and it hasn't healed even slightly yet. We are going on holidays in only 2 weeks, so hope she makes a recovery before then as it's going to be quite hard camping with her in plaster still. It's been hard enough dealing with it at home to be honest.

Our house sold and settled on the first of March. Such a huge weight off my mind. It went UC around christmas, so not long after I started putting back on the weight I lost from stress, at least it stopped back where I was before the weight loss started, it was quite scary seeing the scales going up and up when nothing - other then the house selling - had changed, I was pretty scared it would just keep going up and I would end up a whale!

I am still casual at the same place, but I now get shunted from department to department doing whatever needs to be done. I hate the instability and the constant feeling of not quite being part of the teams I work with, but am grateful that at least I still have a job and the hours are perfect. This contract expires in the end of July, so it will be quite interesting to see what happens after that now that the decision has been made and we are changing 'brands' so to speak.

P is having a real growth spurt lately, she really is a little girl now, not even nearly a baby anymore. Hooray!!!lol