Sandra

August 2010 Parent Group #26

whydoibother

congrats Aminilia :) Glad all is going well and Happy birthday :)

M4S haha at DH my dad was an ice skating freak he used to do it as a teenager and when I had a birthday there he would go in the comps they held for fastest around the rink etc. Wow a 10 year old hey :)

Kids are back at school/kindy today. Sam is asleep in the pusher atm.

heidles82

Oh congratulations Animila! I totally missed your news :doh:

My4Sunshines

Craps, have I done it again??? :huh:

SG Has E had her birthday?? If she has sorry I missed it and hope she had a great day :bighug:

Skip to my Lou

Oh congrats Aminila that is wonderful news!

LOVE teddy cars M4SS they always go down so well :)

Oops happy birthday to E sorry Shopgirl I've been missing everything lately :(

All going OK here, Paige is using the toilet quite a bit now, but still along way to go. Have been feeling more positive about the house, went on a cleaning blitz and BAM! 2 people showed interest in it!! One came through on Thursday, coming back Monday!!

We move in 5 weeks!! Holy moley so much to organise and do yet....

My4Sunshines

Here is my birthday boy

birthdayboy.jpg

I cannot believe how big he looks, I am still amazed we finally have a boy, I just love those times when he wants to give his mummy a kiss and cuddle :wub:

Sorry, this is my last bubba and I am doting on him just a bit :rolleyes:

Hope all our big boys and girls have great 2nd birthdays

Edited by My4Sunshines

Aminila

Happy Birthday to Taj!

Skip to my Lou

:blush: :blush: I'm sorry M4SS missed Taj's birthday, was just coming in here to post a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY message.

Hope you all had a great day, love that photo, wow he looks so big!! Although P is 2 soon as well as these kids look so much older than her. She is a petite little thing with not much hair, she gets that from me, but will get it in spades later.....

My4Sunshines
Although P is 2 soon as well as these kids look so much older than her. She is a petite little thing with not much hair

Pics please :happy:

Just had a quick squizz at your house :o wow so much has been done, very jealous of all your storage space, the bookcase, desk with shelves and laundry..... urgh drooling here!!

Any buyers on the other house yet after your cleaning blitz?

ShopgirlX

Hi ladies! Thanks for the birthday wishes for Eva... M4S you managed to get the right day anyway ;)

We are sooo busy, birthday week was 3 gatherings, so much going on. 33 weeks pregnant now, and found out today that the little monkey is breech... No wonder I am so uncomfortable! 3 weeks ago he was head down, so hopefully anything can change at any moment. Typical though, our entire life has been nothing but stress all year, right down to the cat falling off the 1st floor banister railing tonight. He's walking and eating so I hope like heck he's OK. DH is such a stress head, leaving me to deal with everything which I am NOT impressed with *sigh* . I just want this little baby to arrive safely, cos that's about all that's on MY mind ATM.

At least we have managed to throw together a bed for him to sleep in when he does arrive, my hospital bag is almost ready to go (unlike last time when I packed it after my waters broke at 37w, GBS+, and I was supposed to be on the way to hospital!) Secretly I can't wait to spend 4 days in hospital when he arrives... let someone else deal with all the other crap for a bit :happy: and I can be in a blissful little bubble with my new baby.

Sorry that this is such a negative post... feel like I needed to get it all out!

Happy birthdays to everyone :heart:

My4Sunshines
M4S you managed to get the right day anyway ;)

*IG :grin:

I felt it in my waters :rolleyes:

33 weeks already????!!!!! Holy cow, that seems to have flown

I think you are due the same week as a teacher at the girls school :happy:

Sounds like your son is being a cheeky monkey already

How is your cat? Poor puss, was he shocked or did he get up and go?

lexington

Gosh look at Taj M4SS, I don't think I have seen a pic of him since ever. LOL

Lukey's birthday came and went. Took them out to Korean BBQ where they spilled a bowl of rice on the floor, screamed and basically refused to sit down. LOL it was for dinner which probs was a really bad idea!

But now I desperately want to have more Korean BBQ.

My4Sunshines

Just a quick :waves::waves: to the pregnant mummas

SG, KMA, Heidles, KK how are you all going?

Been thinking of you and hope your bubbas have been kind to you (and the toddlers!!)

:heart:

ShopgirlX

Hiya! Still here, still pregnant! 36 weeks now so getting verrry close! E was born at 37 + 2 but I'm not sure I could be that lucky again. I'm struggling with being so heavy and uncomfortable and having to manage a toddler, but that's not news to anyone who's had more than 1 baby!

Wonderfully, the little guy has turned, confirmed by scan yesterday. I thought I could feel a bum rather than a head pointing up about a week after finding out he was breech... I started implem

enting all the advice I could get my hands on for turning babies around and it seems it may have worked!

How is everyone else? KMA where are you? Lou, what's news? Heidles how are you going? Lex what's new in your world?

xxx

heidles82

Wow SG not long now!!! Glad your little one has turned - now he has to stay there :)

I have 8 weeks and 2 days til little miss is due to arrive. ATM I am counting down to my last day of work - 3 weeks and 1 day left :dance: It's going to be busy, but DH and I have booked a couple of days away on the NSW Central Coast my first week of leave, so I will have to have everything done!

We have a growth scan booked for Friday and I can't wait to see little miss (and double check she is a she :lol:)! I also hope she has moved - at my last checkup she was breech oblique - head under my right rib and bum in left hip. Not the most ideal position!

Jackson is going well - there have been a couple of rough days lately where he hasn't had a day sleep and morphs into a little terror in the afternoon. Lucky he is so cute :lol:

Wow this was going to be a short post as I am on my iphone and should be trying to sleep:D Hope everyone else is well!

My4Sunshines
I'm struggling with being so heavy and uncomfortable and having to manage a toddler, but that's not news to anyone who's had more than 1 baby!

Yep, I was exhausted with Taj running after the other 3 plus he was my heaviest, I was 39 and 39+ a couple of days (!!) the longest I had ever gone, so all those factors made some days towards the end very tiring and S L O W

I cannot imagine doing it again with 4 at home and being 42+

I read Antonia Kidman is pregnant with #6 :o

Hats off to her!!!!!!

IAC How are you?

Edited because I didn't finish a sentence :doh::wacko:

Edited by My4Sunshines

TotesFeral

I am around sorry!

Everything is going well, almost 33 weeks now. And like Heidles my bub is breech oblique! It's yeah not the most comfortable thing in the world.

Glad to see your little bub has turned shopgirl! I'm hoping I can convince mine as well as otherwise it will be a c-section for me as the hospital does not do breech births.

Have a check up next Monday so will see then how his positioning is going.

Addison is good. Although so definitely has her mothers attitude ;)

Hope everyone else is well!

whydoibother
:ph34r:

ShopgirlX

My goodness what is with all these breech bubbas?! I got some good info from spinningbabies.com if you are interested.

38+3 over here... my longest pregnancy! Being his father's son I'm not sure this guy will be in any great hurry to leave his comfy 'bed' any time soon! So just waiting, waiting.... Can't sleep tonight, hope that doesn't mean anything will happen soon as I will be needing my rest!!

ShopgirlX

Hi gals, just wanted to add some info for KMA and Heidles... I am sure you already know there is still plenty of time for your little ones to turn - my guy was breech at 33 weeks and by the time OB checked again at 35 weeks he had turned. I didn't really feel a big thumping somersault that people seem to think will happen, I think he just turned gradually until he was where he needed to be.

I spent a lot of time sitting over the back of dining chairs instead of on the couch, making sure my pelvis was tilted forward. Hips should be higher than knees to achieve the tilt. Pelvic tilts were too hard for me to do but can also apparently help. The most fun was doing 'handstands' off the edge of a couch a few times a day - this is on http://spinningbabies.com/ with instructional videos to make sure you're doing it right!

GOOD LUCK!!

Latest from us is that I will have my first internal :dry: next week at 39+5 to see what's going on if nothing has happened since. I didn't have any with E as she came early (unless you count the damn midwife who just whipped her hand up there while I was in labour, I didn't even know it was coming :ph34r: ). If things are favourable my OB will do a S'n'S too... argh! Getting so close!! Just trying not to think about it too much!!!

xx

My4Sunshines

Damn, tried 3 times now to post and the darn screen keeps jumping back and I lose my reply.

Now I've cracked it and doing a tanty :rant:

bbl to try again :angry:

:waves:

Ok back now for another go :pray:

SG There is a mum of a boy in dd3's class who reminds me of you, I believe she looks very similar.

Your boy seems to be taking his time compared to E.

Taj was my longest at 39+1, I was praying I didn't need to have an emergency cs prior to the plan.

Aminilla How is your bump going? Hope you are well.

KMA & Heidles Hope you are well too and growing nicely :happy:

Can't believe 3 of you are almost at the end and get to meet your babies soon, exciting!!!! :dance:

STML How are you doing? Actually I will go to your blog and see for myself, you are probably a busy little bee with the houses and job.

I checked out the newest part of Fountain Lakes ( :happy: ) yesterday and I really like it, it's bright and glam, much better than the other part they opened earlier it's so dark and blergh I just don't go there.

School holidays next week :excite: no early mornings, pj's till whenever, woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best be off before I lose this post :unsure:

:waves: everyone

Edited by My4Sunshines

My4Sunshines

Just thought I'd share with you all what my ds has been up to today.

He can play really well by himself for short periods of time so when he was in the lounge room I thought nothing of it as all his cars are lined up in front of the tv and he zooms them back and forth.

So I go in after a few mins to find he has 'seasoned' the ipad and couch with......................

salt & pepper!!!!!!! :o:omg2::omg::fear::glare:

The beastie had gone to the dining table (obviously in stealth mode as I didn't hear a thing) and taken them to the lounge and went to town.

I guess it was lucky the vacuum was already out.

Then after the girls came home this afternoon he just salted the ipad :glare::glare:

Salt & pepper now need a new home :rolleyes:

eta our new family pics....

12456kremer015.jpg

Edited by My4Sunshines

heidles82

Hi ladies!

sg - any baby news yet???? And thanks for the tips and links for getting bubs to turn. I have had a look but not really done anything about it yet. Although I have been cleaning the floor a lot the last few days - nesting already?! My next OB appointment is in a couple of weeks and fingers crossed she turns by then - otherwise I may be looking at ECV or a C-Section. I am not going to attempt breech vaginal birth (although I have heard many positive stories) - I just think that I will be too stressed during the birth and will probably end up needing a C-setcion anyway.

M4S - By the sound of it Taj and Jackson would make good mates - two little mischeiveous monkeys :lol:. And my, doesn't everyone looks so grown up in the pic!

I am on maternity leave :excite: DH and I are going away for a couple of nights tomorrow (without Jackson) - looking forward to some quality time and hopefully some quality sleep - between Jackson getting out of bed a million time each night and my bladder waking my around 5am each morning, I am seriously lacking sleep!!!

ShopgirlX
SG There is a mum of a boy in dd3's class who reminds me of you, I believe she looks very similar.

:blush: She must be lovely :p How funny... I always thought you reminded me of someone but have never been able to figure out who :wacko:

Heidles and KMA there is still every chance your bubbas will turn of their own accord anyway... best thing to do is NOT STRESS! Handstands off the couch were really fun though! I thought it was quite an achievement... just make sure DH is there to get you back up if you get stuck haha.

Well I'm still standing everyone!! 40+2!! The cheeky little one has been served his eviction notice however, and will be joining us this week! My OB induces at 41 weeks and I must say I am happy with that!! I feel good that we can do some solid planning around the event rather than freaking out when it happens unexpectedly -- yes, I realise it still could but I am reeeeeaaallly not feeling like that's a likely scenario! I was not dilating AT.ALL. when I was checked this week and everything feels much the same as it has for the past 5 weeks!! So gel next Wed, waters broken Thurs if things don't get going by themselves. Then on the Synto drip right away if I'm still not in labour which I am really happy about. I was induced with E after PROM and GBS+ with no natural labour, so I know exactly what to expect from there on in. That's the part I'm trying not to think about though! I just hope it's quick once it all gets going! And I hope DH can remember how well he helped me through last time!! :wub:

Hi Cal, Lex, Lou, hope you're well... This is such a little group of people now.

Probably talk again after the little one finally arrives!!! xx

heidles82

SG - I hope all goes well for Wednesday (or before)! I hope you are able to relax and enjoy the last few days before you meet your little man :bluestork:

My4Sunshines

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was checking to see if anyone had posted and saw Heidles last post and thought no-one had, then thought I would check SG last post to find out when her OB app was and reading her post I thought it didn't make sense to what I was expecting iykwim :wacko:

Then the penny dropped that you have both posted, really not on the ball today :(

SG Can't believe he hasn't come out yet :happy: you need to get the Big Brother voice going on his eviction, be funny if it happened on Tuesday when the real BB eviction is ;)

I have secretly been :ph34r: to read some wonderful baby news

C'mon baby hurry up already!!!!!!! :grin: