Sandra

August 2010 Parent Group #26

Skip to my Lou

Shopgirl, Glad to hear all is going well, will be great once your kitchen is in. I understand your frustration, even when on holidays visiting great restaurants I start to crave a home cooked meal. I'm not surprised you are tired with all that is going on and WOW halfway through your pregnancy already!!!holy cow.

You transition to a 'big' bed whenever you want to. We had this discussion on facebook a month or so ago. Some have already, some aren't yet. I didn't do Frey until she was over 2 years, but there is no real rule on it.

xx

My4Sunshines
Hey is anyone thinking about transitioning to a 'big' bed just yet? Is it too soon? I have no idea!!

:no:

Not for a while yet...........no money! ;)

With the others they were over 2 and even then they looked so tiny in a 'big' bed.

We have one of those rails we put up on the side of the bed and the beds we got for the girls have trundles so that was used as a step up to the bed and also a safety net if they fell out once we took the rail off

I think we will need to get Taj a king single though for the length, his room is tiny, hope it will fit!

Geez for me it will definitely mean no more babies once Taj is in a bed, so many stages going by and this is the last link :rolleyes: (oh hang on he's still in nappies, oh the joy of that hurdle!!)

Anyway not sad about the baby thing, I'm over it.

Pregnant with a toddler is hard work, totally agree.

Imagine being pregnant with 4 other kids at home :fear: NO WAY!!!!

Soooo don't want to be creepy, please don't think I'm creepy :pray:

Edited by My4Sunshines

lexington

D had to evacuate the cot for L. He was really happy about it.

I think he was 18mths? L could go to a big bed now. Just avoiding it as we will have to get rid of a bookshelf to fit everything in.

heidles82

:waves:

All going well here - just gone 15 weeks and a small bump has developed. No pics yet tho - been very slack!

We have ordered a big bed and suite for J. It should arrive in the next month, but not sure when we'll get J in it - I want to keep him in the cot as long as possible - I don't have the energy to chase him around the house :lol:

My4Sunshines

Lex is that L or D in your sig pic?

I have a ? for y'all, I have the radio on atm and Nikki Minaj Starships is on, I watched the vid and I rekon she's had bum implants (didn't look that way in Super Bass), can anyone confirm or deny? Sorry the image just disturbed me while I was watching it seeing the very not natural shape of it (oh then I worked out the lyrics :fear: holey moley!!!!!)

lexington

M4SS that is an old picture of D. I think he was about 10months or thereabouts then. So cute. Also about Nicky Minaj... i don't know why people think it's cute when young girls sing her song. Why!? It's not cute. I am also not sure of her bum implants. HAHAHAHA

Heides - have you removed the side from the cot yet?

heidles82

No I haven't done anything to the cot yet - should I do that before he moves to a big bed?

J insisted in taking his Little People bus to bed with him last night - who needs a teddy when you have a bus :lol:

My4Sunshines

Heidles That is funny!!

Taj will take things to bed then when he is laying down he will reach up over the cot rail and drop it on the floor :rolleyes: , he could post it through the rail but that is not as dramatic when it falls from a shorter distance :doh:

You could try taking the rail off first so he gets used to it not being there yet he is still in a familiar bed if that makes sense?

KMA Hope you are going well

Lex It is a cute photo, the eyes say it all!

Silly me thinking NM songs were cool and fun, best not to watch the vids.

DD3 is 6 years young today! I can't believe it!!

At one point this morning she said "well has anyone got anything for me?"

Obviously we were taking too long. I did tell her she had to get dressed first this morning as she usually has brekkie first and flaffs around and we end up rushing.

Anyway she loved her presents and happily went off to school with a bag of lollypops to share with her class

Edited by My4Sunshines

TotesFeral

I'm here! :waves:

Sorry I always forget to pop in. Bump is growing nicely, have my scan at the end of this month.

Shopgirl where are you. I want to know the result of your scan :p

We are buying Addison a big bed later this month and will eventually progress her into that, leaning more towards after her 2nd birthday though.

Hope everyone is well.

lexington

My4SS - I had no idea her lyrics were so rude until I was sitting in a car alone with the music blaring. Not rude as in for adults. I thought it was kind of inappropriate for girls to be singing them on Ellen!?

Edited by lexington

My4Sunshines
I thought it was kind of inappropriate for girls to be singing them on Ellen!?

Yeah, that's a whole other issue!

YouTube her latest song lyrics, as I said previously Holey Moley :o

Edited by My4Sunshines

happy2bme

Happy mothers day to all our beautiful mummies!! Hope you all have a lovely day.

Xx

whydoibother

Happy Belated Mothers Day xxx

Skip to my Lou

I'm so out of it I don't even know who you are talking about M4SS

All going well here, I got a job yesterday - back at the uni although different department. Going to be permanent casual - for at least 3 months. Just working a couple of afternoons a week. I'm pretty excited about it, although I haven't worked in 6 years so it's a little daunting as well! Expected to start in a couple of weeks, just waiting for the contract to get organised....

Paige is going great, she freaks me out with a lot of the stuff she comes out with, she's just far too clever. Had my neighbour over for dinner last night and she brought the girls some beanie bears. Paige fell in love with her 'blue bear' and wouldn't let go of it. At bed time she kissed my neighbour goodnight, walked away then at the door turned back and said to her 'thankyou blue bear'. Totally unprompted, and hours after it had been given. I swear she has been here before.

Freya good also, getting into school big time and really loving her reading. I love having her read to me it's so exciting. Came out with some cute answers on the school mothers day card 'how was mummy made' - her answer 'with invisible thread'. Had a nice relaxing mums day which was great and sorely needed!!

Hope everyone is great xx

My4Sunshines
I'm so out of it I don't even know who you are talking about M4SS

hehehehehe now I don't feel as old as I actually am :grin:

We have the radio on here more than the tv and with the 2 older girls they are right into their music.

You know what, the song is on now as I type!!!!! :lol:

All going well here, I got a job yesterday - back at the uni although different department. Going to be permanent casual - for at least 3 months. Just working a couple of afternoons a week. I'm pretty excited about it, although I haven't worked in 6 years so it's a little daunting as well! Expected to start in a couple of weeks, just waiting for the contract to get organised....

That's great news!! Well done

I'm guessing its probably the uni right up the road from you??

Dh just scored a job marking papers through a lecturer who goes between your way and Frankston.

Very small world :D

What will you be doing? I hope you get all you need to out of it and it helps YOU iykwim

I'm looking for some work that will fit in with when dh is home, so have been looking at after hours cleaning, merchandising or the like, just need to get the very old resume up to scratch.

I haven't worked in 12 years :o I really cant believe that as I have never been more tired from 'not working' :rolleyes:

Edited by My4Sunshines

Skip to my Lou

LOL I hear ya! Work will be great to get away from things. I originally started looking as I wanted stimulation for me, now because of the house the money will also be VERY handy!

Yep the uni that is 2 min up the road - very very convenient. I will be working at 'student services' so on the main reception for the campus.

lexington

Congrats on the job again STML.

I was invited and attended an event for mothers at Big4 Bellarine last weekend. I went alone.on.a.vline.train. Enough said.

When I got there, I realised that it was a mummy blogger event. Cue: Start wanting to cry.

I think I was pretty anti social (not as talking as I normally did but still did some). Anyway, they scare me... Anyway I survived and I even wore jogging shoes. Don't ask.

ShopgirlX

H2BM nice to see you!

STML Biggest congrats on the job, I am thrilled for you!!!

KMA and everyone: :bluestork: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heidles82

Yay Shopgirl!

whydoibother

yay!

My4Sunshines

KMA and everyone: :bluestork: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing you are having a boy??????????? :huh:

:excite::dance: Congratulations SG, that is brilliant news :dance::excite:

Did you have any idea?

Heidles and KMA will you be finding out? :bluestork: or :pinkstork: ????????

heidles82

We have decided to find out this time (Jackson was a surprise). Hopefully bub will cooperate at the scan next Monday :D

I have no preference if it's blue or pink though. And I am clueless when it comes to any hints - it is a different pregnancy to Jackson (this time i have had more morning sickness, been less tired, hardly any appetite and haven't put on weight yet) but I know that doesn't indicate much

ShopgirlX

Yep it's a boy, so one of each for us! Heidles I'm so excited you are finding out, can't wait to hear the news tomorrow!!

We have been so busy with the house and moving that its hard to say whether this pregnancy has been much different to last time but I feel BIG this time!! I honestly feel like I'm almost the size I was with E at term and I'm only just past half way :cry: I hope things start slowing down now! My weight gain is pretty much on track; I just feel like I'm going to burst!

KMA will you guys find out what you're cooking in there? :D

Skip to my Lou

Yay SG A little boy to love and cuddle!!

Don't worry about getting big quick - I was the same with Paige, you pop a lot quicker and feel so big, but overall I was actually smaller and so was Paige.