Sign in to follow this  
kelbel1275

A very early and unexpected arrival

kelbel1275

Well I don't visit here all that often...

A week ago yesterday I had a few niggling pains..anyway long story short I was rushed to the Royal Women's Hospital in Melbourne.

I'd had the cervical test (can't remember name of it) to test if preterm labour was indicated. I tested positive.

I'd been given a steroid injection, and numerous doses of Nifedipine to stop labour.

After nearly 24 hrs in hospital I was in established labour, and gave birth to a beautiful baby boy after only 2 hrs in labour. 10 weeks early but with a brilliant loud cry.

he was rushed off to NICU, for a bit of respiratory support.

So we have a full 7 days behind us of travelling back and forth to see Jackson. We live 80kms from the city, so to say this is an ordeal is an understatement. Meanwhile my eldest son, hasn't really seen too much of mummy :(

I'm now having trouble with my milk supply, but am seeing the Lactation nurse tomorrow, so hoping she can wave a magic wand for me.

Best wishes to all the ladies on this DIG, and keep baking those beautiful little babes

K

xx

TheAP

I don't belong in here but I couldn't read your post and not reply.

Congratulations on the birth of your darling son! I hope that his journey (and yours) from here on in goes from strength to strength and that he is home with you soon.

Regarding traveling to the hospital please, please ask to speak to the hospital social worker. There are all sorts of things they can help you with.

There is a section on EB for Mums of babies born early with lots of support, advice and listening ears who have been where you are now. When I get to a computer I'll link it in for you.

Good luck with the LC tomorrow. Be assured that difficulties with breastfeeding are pretty normal for babies born premmy. I'm not trying to dissuade you from breastfeeding. Just letting you know that there probably will be tough times ahead before everything settles down. Please come into the breastfeeding section for support, advice or someone to vent to.

Best wishes OP. I'll be thinking of you, Jackson and your family. :)

Edited by Smyla80

sks_2009

Oh wow, Kelbel, Congratulations!!!!

Sounds like Jackson is doing really well. Good luck with getting your supply organised..

Good luck with all the traveling, it must be exhausting for you (and your family).. Please take care, and keep us updated..

Congratulations again....

bananagirlsmum

oh wow kelbel congratulations on your little man.

I hope bub continues to do well and grows bigger and stronger each day.

Take care and rest up where you can.

Please keep us updated on how you are all going

Nobody Cool

Congratulations on the birth of Jackson :)

I hope you are both doing well and that you are able to get through this initial period with lots of support.

fozzer

congrats on your little boy...before you know it he will be home in your arms. :)

Looks like your the first in this DIG...with many more to come :)

x

Chook788

Congratulations on your little boy! Best of luck with the rest of the journey in hospital and in life xxx

maximin

Congratulations! My little girl arrived 10 weeks early on Saturday but I am still in hospital so we haven't had to start all the travel yet. Fingers crossed our little 30 weekers have a great course in the NICU!

fozzer

oh wow maximin congrats thats 2 now... :)

hope everything went as smooth as can be and your doing ok.

Hope both of you ladies have your bubs out of NICU very soon...

Mummy2Some

Congratulations ladies on the birth of your babies.

Wow 10 weeks early,Hope everything goes as smoothly as possible with your 30wkers.

Take care.

CheriDeMomie

Congratulations and good luck !! Welcome to the world Jackson !! Hope he thrives and is home soon xx

HopefulBaby

Congratulations girls!! I am sure that both your little ones will do well in the NICU and be back in your arms soon enough.

Take care of yourselves xx

An6elbabii

Aww congrats to you on the birth of your little one.Hope all goes well.10 weeks early....wow!!! :)

boofloo

Congratulations to both of you on the birth of your children. I hope everything goes as well as it can for them, and they are are out of hospital and home with you as soon as possible.

ubermum

Wow, congratulations.

Sign in to follow this  

Announcements