F.E.B.E

Win 1 of 5 “Surviving the Storm” books by Jodie Nolan

F.E.B.E

With time out of the workforce raising children and generally lower rates of pay, women need to pay special attention to protecting their financial future. Self-made millionaire, mother, financial expert and best-selling author Jodie Nolan highlights an important need for women to start putting in place strategies to build their wealth in her new book 'Surviving the Storm'.

Jodie Nolan is a financial expert who has decades of experience in Australia's money sector including senior roles in the country's biggest financial institutions. A self-made millionaire by 29, Jodie has experienced extreme wealth, loss and re-building after her financial collapse. Jodie is passionate about educating people about money, its core fundamentals and how they can build their own financial independences. The Founder and Director of EQUIS Group, and published author, Jodie now dedicates her time to passing on her knowledge and expertise to adults to help make a difference in their lives today, and generations to come. Jodie is married with two young daughters and lives on Queensland's Sunshine Coast.

Purchase a 'Surviving the Storm' from www.jodienolan.com and receive a free money e-book and budget planner.

Prize:

5 Surviving the Storm book valued at $27 each.

Total prize being: $135

How to enter

For your chance to win, just reply below with the answer to the following question in 25 words or less:

“What saving and budgeting tips do you and your family have that you wouldn’t survive without? “

T &Cs pinned in competition forum.

Competition commences Monday 20 February until Monday March 5, 2012.

samirae04

I barter to save money my group of friends are happy to negotiate, swap and trade to prosper and save

gemgirl

1. My partner manages the budget - we know our strengths!

2. Meal planning EVERY week

3. An Excel spreadsheet updated weekly

4. Small splurges now and again

Jokstar

- Buy on sale in bulk, cook heaps and freeze for later.

- Buy and sell on ebay.

- Make your own home brew - including spirits.

MummaDiva

Risk manage for unemployment - budget for base living expenses within the lowest income, with incidentals, splurges and savings paid for by the higher wage.

Barefoot

Don't spend more than you earn.

Pay yourself first.

Surpriselove

Save a little but save often. Make sure the necessities are prioritized.

Tna71

Meal plan for the week.

Freeze leftovers for lunches this way you don't go near the shops so there are no spending temptations.original.gif

nikkibaby1

Our money is all pre allocated before we get paid, we have "pocket money" (us parents) i also shop at aldi

patsy08

- Record daily expenses on spreadsheet

- Allocate “fun” money amount

- Leftovers for lunches

- Look for specials, bargains

- Shop at sale events

Robbow

Only spend if you have the money

Do as much as possible yourself

Buy in bulk

Buy Farmer direct

Grow your own

Weeneybaby

We wouldn't survive without a weekly allowance, free outdoors entertainment, long and short term financial goals, belief we can get through tough times :)

slk

i have an old drink can that i put my $2 coins into (they're the only ones that fit and don't come out!). i don't miss the odd coin that i put in. before i knew it i had a can full which equated to about $400! an easy way to save without thinking about or missing it!

Immyxx

We budget for one take out meal a week, it teaches the kids how eating in moderation is paramount to good health and prevents nagging

alexiew

COUPONS! I always tear out offers in magazines and look for promo codes before ordering anything online. I save hundreds every month.

With time out of the workforce raising children and generally lower rates of pay, women need to pay special attention to protecting their financial future. Self-made millionaire, mother, financial expert and best-selling author Jodie Nolan highlights an important need for women to start putting in place strategies to build their wealth in her new book 'Surviving the Storm'.

Jodie Nolan is a financial expert who has decades of experience in Australia's money sector including senior roles in the country's biggest financial institutions. A self-made millionaire by 29, Jodie has experienced extreme wealth, loss and re-building after her financial collapse. Jodie is passionate about educating people about money, its core fundamentals and how they can build their own financial independences. The Founder and Director of EQUIS Group, and published author, Jodie now dedicates her time to passing on her knowledge and expertise to adults to help make a difference in their lives today, and generations to come. Jodie is married with two young daughters and lives on Queensland's Sunshine Coast.

Purchase a 'Surviving the Storm' from www.jodienolan.com and receive a free money e-book and budget planner.

Prize:

5 Surviving the Storm book valued at $27 each.

Total prize being: $135

How to enter

For your chance to win, just reply below with the answer to the following question in 25 words or less:

“What saving and budgeting tips do you and your family have that you wouldn’t survive without? “

T &Cs pinned in competition forum.

Competition commences Monday 20 February until Monday March 5, 2012.

Feeny

Never pay full price for anything!! You'll be surprised how easy it is - access all the catalogues on-line and you'll know where to go

Claude27

Buy kids' Christmas presents on sale throughout the year. When Christmas comes around there isn't a huge expense.

~elle~

Meal plan.

Buy on sale.

Clothes - buy a year ahead on end of season clearance.

Car free days.

Savings - small / large = BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!

maplesuz

Learn everything you can about tax, superannuation, mortgages & investment options to ensure you are maximising your money, and browse the EB Hot Specials forum!

gemmaw

Try to buy secondhand as much as possible eg clothes, furniture, kids toys, vehicles. Big items or small it really saves you money if you never buy new :)

kirsty129

I always compare the safeway, coles and aldi weekly catalogues before deciding where to shop.

robyn42

Always pay full credit card by direct debit every month keep a forcast of expected expenses and a record of expenditure. And whereever possible use the credit card but only for items you would expect to pay cash for.

sondajay

overpay gas bill fortnightly,when it adds up, get them to send a check for credit amount, i've been $700 in credit, comes in handy

Natasha_Anderson

Direct Debit each fortnight so never get any bills, or minimal bill. Offset morgage interest into your bank accounts. Save with special buys discounts :-P

FeralLIfeHacker

Using cloth nappies and wipes, hmoemade cleaning products, pre-paying all bills so they arrive in credit and shopping at the local markets fro fruit and vegies.