Sign in to follow this  
HopefulBaby

Purchases for baby - May DIG

HopefulBaby

Hi ladies,

Firstly apologies for being MIA for quite some time. I have been :ph34r: the May DIG - congrats to everyone who has had their 19/20 week scans! We had ours last week - decided to keep the gender a surprise, despite the temptation :)

So...as per the subject, just wondering who has started on the "big" purchases for baby yet?

And for those who have, any words of advice on pram choice, car seats, cots etc?

I am feeling decidedly overwhelmed with all the choices! I know I should just go to a shop like Baby Bunting and find myself a helpful salesperson, but interested to hear what you all are thinking :)

Hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas

xx

Harmony1

I am 21 week and haven't bought anything major except some baby clothes and bed sheets. I am learning to make a baby blanket, hopefully it'll turn out alright.

There are prams, car seats and cots on sale at ToysRus and Target at the moment. I will wait till my hubby comes home (he's working in another state) this thursday so that we could go have a look together.

~A Poetic Winter~

Have bought a few winter onsies and thats it.

Being second baby and busy with DS I'll probably end up buying most stuff we need for her the day before my c-section :D

Mummy2Some

Now that Christmas is over I can start purchasing the big buys for baby,All we have for him so far are some clothes, a Cot(was DD2),Bassinet, We still need to decide on a capsule,Pram,Blankets/wraps/cot & bassinet Sheet sets,a Swing(We have decided to go for one that swings back and forward and Side to side) We probably aren't going to worry about a rocker/bouncer as we will have the swing and my lounge is small so the less we have to better.

ladybugaboo

I am 20 weeks today (having scan tomorrow - very exciting!) and we only just today went to Target to buy the car seat as it was on special - half price. We bought two so we can have one in each car. We are very lucky in that my parents will be buying us a cot and DH's parents have given us a very generous amount of money which we are putting towards a new pram. Being our first bub we don't really have anything - by "don't really" - we have a high chair that my SIL gave to us about 3 years ago when they had finished their family which has been sitting in our spare room all that time so apart from that we need to buy everything. My best friend is insisting on having a baby shower for me so am holding off buying clothes and bits and pieces until after that as she has told me that I will probably get a lot of stuff.

~katiez~

I am almost 21 weeks and we really hadn't bought anything....until yesterday!! There are two major baby shops near us and both had good sales so we negotiated with both and bought:

- Safe and Sound Platinum Car seat (0-4years)

- Boori Cot, Bassinet, Changetable, bookcase and set of drawers

- Baby Jogger City Mini 4 wheel pram

We got them at fabulous prices and as they won't all be ready for the best part of 6-8 weeks we didn't think it was too early.

Sign in to follow this  

Announcements