mellis77

very low rising HCG levels.... is it all over?

mellis77

hi guys,

this is my first pregnancy....

my hcg levels are very low and low rising...

on thurs 15/12 at 5 weeks i was 159

on sun 18/12 i was 327 (doubled but very low)

on wed 21/12 i was 412 (not even close to doubling)

on sat 24/12 i was 593 (not even close to doubling)

have an appt with my obgyn on wed...

has anyone heard of positive outcomes with such low and low rising levels... or is it all over?????

thanks in advance :)

mellis77

oh and i have no bleeding or any mc symptoms at this stage!

Chasing daisies

They are still rising so im sure there is still hope.

The numbers are only a guide

good luck

alice08

I don't want to alarm you but low and very slow rising levels can be an indicator of ectopic pregnancy so please take care.

I sincerely hope that this isn't the case for you and that you just have levels that are slow to take off.

Best of luck.

mellis77

chasing daisies fingers crossed :) thanks

alice08 yeah I've researched all the possibilities... i guess at my appt on wednesday she could do an ultrasound which should show up if its etopic!

mellis77

saw my obgyn today, she said its not looking promising as the levels are so low but she said she won't do anything to help bring on a miscarriage as my levels are still going up. She said it can take the body a long time to realise there is something wrong with the baby and to have a miscarriage so i have to just be patient and wait. She has given me 3 more pathology slips and I have to have them done weekly to check my levels. One interesting question she asked me is..."why did your gp get quantative hcg levels taken"? She said the norm is to just test for the presence of hcg... not the level. I am very annoyed as the gp has caused me weeks of pain over this.. my obgyn said she would have just tested my levels at my 9 week appt, not before... i suppose in a way its been good knowing as i would have been devastated going into the 9 week scan thinking alls well only to be told its not! i was expecting to go in there today and to have an ultrasound, but as my levels are below 1500, it wouldn't pick anything up!

so for me, its a waiting game... it will teach me one thing.... patience!

Chasing daisies

i hope things go well.

Sorry i had an ectopic in august and my bfp wass very very light..i also had a small bleed before my period was due which is usally the first sign.

I never had any blood test so i dont know what my hcg levels were.

I was 5 weeks when istarted getting weird stabbing pains...i had an u/s at 5 weeks 2 days which picked up free fluid....thats the only way they can detect an ectopic at that stage

swheat
hi guys,

this is my first pregnancy....

my hcg levels are very low and low rising...

on thurs 15/12 at 5 weeks i was 159

on sun 18/12 i was 327 (doubled but very low)

on wed 21/12 i was 412 (not even close to doubling)

on sat 24/12 i was 593 (not even close to doubling)

have an appt with my obgyn on wed...

has anyone heard of positive outcomes with such low and low rising levels... or is it all over?????

thanks in advance :)

Hi - firstly i wanted to say i feel your anxiety. this is a really tough time and i have only just gone through the exact same thing. i had no miscarriage symptoms (like you) and just felt something was up. my levels were rising slowly and very low and then they started dropping from around 500.

You need to be seen and have an internal ultrasound, this is the best way to see how things are going or not going and will save you weeks of heartache and wondering.

I have read loads of positive stories about people who have had low rising HCG levels (mine started dropping so there was no hope), so you never know what may happen, but the best thing is to know early so you can prepare yourself and not have to wait thinking you have a healthy pregnancy and then finding out weeks down the track that little bean stopped growing.

Stay strong, if this one does not stick it was not meant to. I have a beautiful healthy 9 month old baby boy and am a strong believer after 2 miscarriages (one only a couple of weeks ago) that when they are right... they are perfect... when they are not, a little angel takes them for us. Let us know how you get on and best wishes for positive or speedy outcome. xx

DecafJane
Stay strong, if this one does not stick it was not meant to. I have a beautiful healthy 9 month old baby boy and am a strong believer after 2 miscarriages (one only a couple of weeks ago) that when they are right... they are perfect... when they are not, a little angel takes them for us. Let us know how you get on and best wishes for positive or speedy outcome. xx

This is a wonderful way of thinking of it. Thanks, swheat. Sorry again for your losses.

Percival

I had low rising levels at the start of my pregnancy. My perfect little 7 week old boy is currently sleeping on my chest.

mellis77

hey ladies...

well heres an update, long overdue!!... after writing this post, i miscarried (blighted ovum), got pregnant again the next month, had another miscarriage (blighted ovum again!) and was told to wait 3 months before trying again... so i waited 3 months, i am now pregnant AGAIN.. currently 5w3d.. very early days.. i miscarried both times after this point so am not getting too excited yet! I do have extremely sore boobs (sorry tmi) which ive had since around the time i ovulated, which is very unusual for me.. so hopefully this is a good sign!!

I really want an ultrasound at 6w or so too see if their is a heartbeat but unfortunately I have to wait until 12 weeks, unless i start bleeding.

anyway.. ill keep you posted!!!!

x

lace

Late reply, but...

All the best with this one mellis77. I hope it stays. It sounds like it's been a really tough year for you.

Sending positive vibes...

mellis77

thanks so much :D had an ultrasound at 7w3d and there was a baby and a heartbeat! (first time theres been a baby!) All measured perfectly and a healthy heart beat of 139bpm.... keep your fingers crossed for me xxxx

NastyMuddyPuddles

Fingers crossed for you mellis77 for a sticky bub and

Complication free pregnancy!!!

insertemotion

Congratulations Mellis :)

mellis77

Thanks guys :) very very relieved but still apprehensive as still early days! Really wish I could have an ultrasound every week! Lol

Edited by mellis77

Announcements