Sign in to follow this  
ladybugaboo

When did you start to show?

ladybugaboo

Morning Ladies,

Well, I thought I'd just ask the question - I know its different for every person - but when did you actually start showing - and not just looking like you'd eaten a few extra meals. I'm 19 weeks today and honestly, unless I told you I was pregnant you wouldn't know! I have a *little* bump but it moreso looks like I've eaten one too many chocolates. I have been really sick with MS as well - vomiting at least twice a day until 18.5 weeks (keep your fingers crossed it has gone now!!).

Thanks Ladies

xo

j-gray

I just looked podgy until the 20's ! Then by 26 weeks you could tell it was a baby :)

winkywonkeydonkey

I had really bad morning sickness too, for both of my pregnancies and both times i didnt show until after 24 weeks.

dont worry you will start popping out in the next month or so.

MiloandOtis

I'm nearly 21 weeks with #2 and for those who don't know I'm pregnant you wouldn't really know...I guess it depends on what I'm wearing too.

kristylee21

you couldn't really tell with me until a long time into my pregnancy unless i was wearing a bikini or something.... i think i only poped out about about 30 weeks and even then you couldn't really tell under a loose shirt... i was tiny!

bubblynutter

Most people can now tell with me, but only in the last week or so. This bubs is taking a while to move up past my navel, which helps to emphasise the 'too big a lunch' look. I'm expecting to really pop out over the next 3-4 weeks.

I've also noticed that the bump seems to grow in spurts. Around 14 weeks I had a couple of weeks of quick growth, then plateaued, then again about 19 weeks, and has plateaued again the last couple of weeks.

hobo_princess

Still no noticeable bump here. I just look like I need to do some sit-ups.

Still haven't put on a single kilo either.

DyingofLove

I thought it was pretty obvious at 17 weeks, but I didn't get a comment from a stranger until 19 weeks.

MrsDamonSalvatore

ill be 28 weeks on thursday, and you can barely tell!!! it usually depends on what im wearing! im beginning to wonder if i will ever look pregnant!!

idignantlyright

I always showed by about 18wks.

I know a lady who was having twins, and right up until about 7mts it looked like she was in an early pregnancy with 1 baby.

Both babies were around 7lb.

scoutlulu

This is my third and I look REALLY pregnant at 14 weeks, Resembling what I looked like at 23 weeks with #1. I think I started showing at about 10 weeks this time (I am short too which i claim makes a big difference). Quite embarrassing when my friends at the same stage of pregnancy still have flat tummies!

It's going to be a loooooong, huge pregnancy!

Crodka

I'm 23weeks and I just look a little chunky. Its not a round bump, my body shape just seems to hold it in. But I did have someone ask last week when I was due, maybe he just noticed my belly growing rather than it looking outright pregnant. My bub was 45degree breech/transverse and posterior till last week, now its full breech and DH says he can tell my belly has changed shape. Not complaining I'm sure I'll be huge at 9months, the longer I stay small hopefully the less strecthmarks I get!

~katiez~

Almost 20 weeks here and if I wear maternity clothes I look pregnant, if I wear regular clothes I don't. Only put on 1 kg so normal tops fit and a couple of roomier pairs of pants and all skirts still do fit. But I even in maternity clothes I still don't look pregnant enough for someone to ask.

ubermum
Almost 20 weeks here and if I wear maternity clothes I look pregnant, if I wear regular clothes I don't. Only put on 1 kg so normal tops fit and a couple of roomier pairs of pants and all skirts still do fit. But I even in maternity clothes I still don't look pregnant enough for someone to ask.

I'm 17 weeks and showing, but I can still wear all my normal jeans and I can easily hide it.....which I will be doing Christmas Eve ;)

ladybugaboo

Thanks Ladies. Very reassuring to know that I'm not the only one....even though I knew that we all show at different times!! I guess I am just so excited about this pregnancy that having a noticeable bump kind of makes it real as well where as at the moment some days I really do have to wonder if I am pregnant :lol:

xo

fozzer

im only just showing (to those that know me well), to others not really, although this week I have had a big growth spurt. This has only changed really in the last week, before then my friends still said i was small. First preg didnt show until 24/25weeks.

Everyone shows at diff times and is usually dependant on where your uterus sits, how deep and is not even reflective on your size i know some tiny girls size 6 who showed early (they had tiny little waists and went back tiny) and some bigger girls size 20 who didnt show till late and vice versa. It amazing how the body is so diff for all of us, i love it when i show then i look pregnant makes it more real. :)

Mel.Bell

DD#1 - 8 weeks (she ended up being 5.7kgs at birth & I was a size 8 before I fell).

DD#2 - 6 months (she was 4.2kgs at birth & I was a size 12 before I fell).

I plan on getting to a size 10 before I fall again -Only 2 sizes left! :clap:

happymum2many

It was always around 20 weeks with #1 and 2.Maybe a couple weeks earlier with #3.

This time around,it depends on who is looking at me.For people who know me,they can tell now,and say i have a definite baby bump.Though for customers i serve at work,some of them (after knowing im pregnant) admitted they thought i just had a bit of a podgy belly.

THis pic was taken when i was 16 wk 1 day... but it was at night,so i am a lot bigger than what i am at the start of the day

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/bia...ss/IMG_1932.jpg

antiskeptic87

This is my first baby.. I'm an average build and I've had a noticeable belly since 12 weeks.

ALTHOUGH, in saying that, I always put weight on my belly first so I'm not sure how much of it is legitimate baby bump ;)

I wouldn't worry though - I have several friends that are around 20 weeks pregnant and their bellies are only just starting to pop, so as normal as it is to be showing early, it's normal to show a little later too :)

Congrats on your pregnancy, hope all is going well so far!

fozzer

DD#1 - 8 weeks (she ended up being 5.7kgs at birth & I was a size 8 before I fell).

DD#2 - 6 months (she was 4.2kgs at birth & I was a size 12 before I fell).

Wow...5.7kg bub at birth amazing, that would have been heavy towards end of pregnancy :)

katieface84

First time my bump was noticeable by about 16/17 weeks.

This time people had guessed by 10 weeks :o

21 weeks now and pretty big!

Sign in to follow this  

Announcements