Sign in to follow this  
FarmyGirl

(MAY 2012 DIG) Anyone have any names chosen or ideas?

FarmyGirl

Who is super organised and has names chosen... or a list of ideas??

I've been suggesting names a little bit and DH has said no to all of them so far! We have a girls name still from when DS2 was born. But I think I've decided against that one.

Are you going to try and fit with the 'style' of your other children's names?

Great site: www.nymbler.com - lets you put in your children's names and it finds names that are a similar style.

Edited by FarmyGirl

happymum2many

We are a bit lost for names.There is nothing that has jumped out and said "this is the name we are going to call our baby".We have only looked at boys names,as girls names appeal to me even less than boys ones.

Our biggest prob is that all the names we do like,are either my sisters partners names,or are names that are too similar to nieces or nephews names.The joys of coming from a big family i suppose!

Will check out that site for sure though,we need help!

Shell&Josh

I have no idea I had it all done when i had my son. but this time round I dont know

If i had a boy i would like to somehow put my dads name in there but wont be the first.

For a girl I did like Thalia Jade Patricia. but Not so sure now but that was back when i was with my exhusband when i pregnant with my son Joshua

Decisions are hard

hobo_princess

At this point Amy Grace for a girl and Lee Stephen for a boy. I'd like to keep discussing it to see if we can find something we like better but DP doesn't want to talk about it anymore because he thinks it'll be confusing since we've already agreed :rolleyes:

Shell&Josh

Although I like Oliver, spencer, Xavier, Abigail. different..

Likes not something ive discussed, just using farmygirls suggestions..

Edited by Shell&Josh

katieface84

Our front runners are:

Grace Evelyn for a girl (have wanted Grace since I was in school and Evelyn after DHs great grandama, a beautiful lady who lived to 100)

Benjamin Thomas (just picked Benjamin in the last couple of months and Thomas after my brother)

I get to pick this time, DH picked both of DSs names, although obviously have to pick something he likes also!)

~A Poetic Winter~

It seems to change every day.

Today it would be

Olivia or Edward (and no not for bloody twilight :rolleyes: )

Shell&Josh

I like Edward But cant have that for the first name. It was my dads frist name and he was a very good man..

~katiez~

We change often but this week it is Georgia or Henry :)

MiloandOtis

We have no idea at all, we were talking about it last night and every name I said, DH had some nasty nickname or reference to it. Every name he suggests was just old fashioned and crap!

FarmyGirl

katiez - Henry.... :wub: I have a Henry.

I haven't discussed any of these with DH.... really stuck for boys names though!

Elsa Louise

Gretel/Greta Louise

Eleanor/e Louise (not sure on the spelling)

We have 2 boys and a girl. Our girls name is different but not weird. So I kind of want something that's in the same style.

Shell&Josh

farmygirl eleanor I have a friends dd spelt that way.. What are your girls names?

Henry lovely name its my partners middle name.. hehe

we have 6 montsh to decide so plenty of time..

mama_j

At the moment we have Evie Jade (Jade as all of our first initials spell that!) or Ryder James.

However, I am pushing for Stella Juliet or Noah James, and if DH had his way it would be Nate James or Lucy Rose...

Names are so hard!!!

FarmyGirl

shell&josh - Amara is my girl's name.

Joza - I'm loving Stella and Noah the best! :) My cousin's little girl is Stella (she must be about 5 now) and I thought it was a super weird name then! lol BUT it's really grown on me and I really like it now.

Mummy2Some

We have chosen Charlie John for boy and Charli Anne for a girl not everyone's cup of tea but we both love the name Charli/e for a boy and girl.

mama_j

Haha thanks Farmygirl! I have been trying to tell him my naming taste is way better than his ;) LOL! I have 6 months to convince him! Watch this space! :)

Jo

FarmyGirl

Joza - Just tell him EB has decided for you! ;)

edited to add: Keep working on him! I saw Amara in a name book when I was about 4 months pregnant and he finally gave in at about 8 months!! ;)

Dark Passenger - I love Amity and Dimity. I asked DH about Amity. NO! NO! NO! Grr!

Edited by FarmyGirl

Animal House

Such beautiful names :)

I've got plenty of names if our little one is a girl, but pretty stuck for boy's names.

So far I like Ruby Grace, Abigail Jade and Lily Claire. I also love the name Madeleine, but friends of ours just called their collie puppy that!

The only name I have so far if we have a boy is Marcus James. My husband's middle name is James, and so is his Dad's and grandfather's, so that's kind of a done deal but really struggling with first names.

FarmyGirl
Animal House - Nice selection of names there! We always found boys names so much harder than girls names!!

An6elbabii

I have chosen these names if bubby is a boy.....Owen,Chase or Connor.For a girl i only have the name...Hope,can't think of any pretty but uncommon names for a girl. :unsure:

Chook788

Absolutely Love Hope, but my DH says no. So thinking Grace instead sort of along the same lines but more common. so unsure if i want to use it as im a child care worker and dont want to come accross a million kids with the same name as my kids. Also like Lilly and Zoe

totally stuck on boys names

sks_2009

Some great names ladies, love love Hope, Zoe, Abigail, Amity, beautiful!!!

DH refuses to discuss names till we find out the sex, only a few more weeks to go. I think boys names are much harder, I quite like Luke or Lucas, but other than that I've got nothing!!

happymum2many
I like Edward But cant have that for the first name. It was my dads frist name and he was a very good man..

Thats my dads name too :).He died when i was 14,my DS would have been his first grandson.So it was a given that Edward was going to be used.

My sons name is Blake Edward.Though he is 7 yrs old,so there was no twilight connection then!

Chelara

I like Sophie for a girl and Samuel for a boy, nothing set in stone and it looks like a boy so really have to get thinking!

happymum2many

Farmygirl.. thanks for that link!.

Funnily enough,when i put in the names of the children we have,the names generated were mostly the names we had already discussed,and the other names we couldnt use as they were already names of family members or too similar to other family members names :)

Still no closer to chosing names though!.

I really like Cooper Stephen (Stephen is DPs name),but DP isnt sold on it.He likes Saxon and Bohdi.Though he was being silly the other night and wanted to call the baby Slytherin!... i think not!! lol

Sign in to follow this  

Announcements