MiloandOtis

How much weight have you gained so far? MAY DIG

MiloandOtis

I have just read back on my diary from when I was pregnant with DS and at this stage I had still gained no weight :ph34r:

Things are a lot different this time with me satisfying my cravings (I was a bit of a health freak 5 years ago!!) and I started off 3 kilos heavier and have gained 2-2.5 kilos so far.

Is everyone else the same?

Nobody Cool

This thread is going to depress me.

I am 13 weeks and have put on 8kg already.

Not too worried because I did the same with DS and only put on 13 kg in total for the whole pregnancy so I know that the first trimester is the worst for me re: weight gain. Back then I had also done IVF so was carrying an extra 4kg before I even got pregnant.

Worst part is that I had finally lost that 17kg and was back in the skinny jeans after 18 months. Three weeks later I got my BFP :D

Lulus mum

I'm like you Shady Lane the 1st trimester is terrible for me. I seem to ballon out and then for the rest nothing. i am 13 + 5 and have already gained 7 kilos.

Hoping it starts to slow down again like it did the first time :)

katieface84

When I weighed myself late last week I had lost 3 kgs. Stoopid MS!

I'm hoping it's the same as with DS, I only gained 7 kgs all up and was 6 kgs lighter than prebaby 2 weeks after. Doubt it thought!

MummyHILI

I have gained about 2.5 to 3kgs so far (12w 4d). I did start off a litle heavier this time :( Normally I am 55-57kgs, this time I started at about 58.5kgs. I am trying not to be to hard on myself though, I did have twins in March this year (at 23 weeks) and although I lost the weight almost straight away my weight has flactuated by a few kgs since then! As long as this baby is happy and healthy I am really not too fussed :rolleyes:

MiloandOtis

Is anyone doing any form of exercise? I've been so lazy and feel very guilty!

Mummy2Some

Ive lost almost 4kgs because of morning sickness.

Chelara

Lost about 2.5-3kgs but I am only 10 and a bit weeks. I have also eaten no vegetables in about 6 weeks so will surely put on heaps soon.

I think I was still at no gain this time with DD too.

Edited by Chelara

MummyHILI

I walk 30 -60 mins a day, 5 days a week.

Tomate1910
I have just read back on my diary from when I was pregnant with DS and at this stage I had still gained no weight :ph34r:

Okay so this might be a normal thing in first pregancy then? I have not gained anything but also don't have any MS.... well no alcohol, healthy food and regular gym session might help with not gaining weight atm

I'm going to the gym 3 times a week (as before pregancy) usually 40 min cardio (bike, elliptical, treadmill: just enough to watch an episode of greys or gossip girl on my phone) and then strength training. I guess I burn about 400 calories a session.

I'm not going to maintain weight though, more to maintain general fitness level and at 11 weeks am a little worried about not having put any weight on yet.

Do you have to put on weight in first trimester given that bub is, what was it again, a kumquat atm?

goddessof1967
This thread is going to depress me.

VERY simple solution. Do as I have done for both pregnancies - don't weigh yourself! I don't ever weigh myself, actually. I don't know why us women feel compelled to torture ourselves with weight.

fozzer

Ive put on 1kg so far...which surprises me as my MS requires me to eat 10 meals a day seriously, i feel worse if I dont eat. Ive had maccas, hungry jacks, pizza, burgers continuously so am shocked ive only put on 1 kg and i've rarely cooked as i have felt so ill.

I started probably a kg lighter than my last preg...my last preg i put on 18kg or something but im normally small 54kg...i didnt look like i had put on 18kg, people thought i was all belly...though i think it was more fluid cause as soon as I had her i was 8kg heavier, I was pre baby size within 4 weeks so am not concerned with weight this pregnancy, it came off pretty easily with breastfeeding and I was eating like a horse. Def be breastfeeding this time round, best weight loss remedy for me :)

This time i'll just make sure after the MS fades that i dont eat chocolates several times a week (like 2 a day :rolleyes: ) as I did my first preg. I was naughty naughty...and that prob contributed to some of the weight gain. I was definitely in im pregnant mode so can eat what I want.

I do remember getting heaps of cellulite around 30+weeks on my thighs/bum, when normally dont have this...i got heaps and I freaked out at how ugly it was. As soon as I had her though it completely dissapeared, i mean completely. Very bizarre all these pregnancy changes but it was concerning at the time.

lets all hope we go into this and all come out as glamour queens :) hehe

To those exercising- thats pretty amazing, now i feel really lazy no housework or exercise :) im hopeless haha

katieface84

No exercise here yet. Still waiting to feel decent again and will start walking on my days off.

MiloandOtis

Another who agrees breastfeeding is the best! I put on 10 kg with DS, walked out of the hospital 7 kg lighter and within a couple of weeks I was back to pre pregnancy weight. I did do a lot of walking when he was a newborn though as he loved the pram.

FarmyGirl

I've lost about 3.5kgs. But I've been trying to do that!

Nobody Cool
VERY simple solution. Do as I have done for both pregnancies - don't weigh yourself! I don't ever weigh myself, actually. I don't know why us women feel compelled to torture ourselves with weight.

I don't weigh myself. The only reason I know my current weight was that I had to get on the scales at the ED with my toddler last week.

The only other time before that was when I fit into my skinny jeans again. Had to get the reading on that one - it was a milestone moment ;)

I was weighed regularly by my OB with my last pregnancy, even though I know the practice is very much out of vogue. I'm glad they did TBH because my weight could have blown out like crazy if I wasn't aware of it. It helped me stop "eating for two".

Nobody Cool
Another who agrees breastfeeding is the best! I put on 10 kg with DS, walked out of the hospital 7 kg lighter and within a couple of weeks I was back to pre pregnancy weight. I did do a lot of walking when he was a newborn though as he loved the pram.

I'm one of the unfortunates whose body tends to hold onto the weight until I wean. Once I'd stopped BF at 14 months it completely fell off within about 8 weeks. That was awesome. Best non-diet ever :D

fozzer
I'm one of the unfortunates whose body tends to hold onto the weight until I wean. Once I'd stopped BF at 14 months it completely fell off within about 8 weeks. That was awesome. Best non-diet ever :D

wow isnt that amazing shadylane...supposed to work the opp but hey at least it worked for you one way or another :) our bodies do what they want I guess.

Nobody Cool

LOL, I know hey. I was starting to feel a little ripped off. And then all of a sudden - bazinga!

Vesper79

I'm too scared to weigh myself, Im 11 weeks today. I can tell Ive put on a fair bit as my arms are turning tuckshop ladyish! Sob. MS hasnt helped the situation, the only things I could eat for the last 5 weeks were fairly unhealthy, loved cold food so it was ice cream daily. Better be careful for the rest of the pregnancy or Ill be a beach whale again. :(

ntwitchen

I am really worried. I have lost 2 kg since I got pregnant and I am constantly sick. I haven't gained any weight and I can't keep anything down. When I am not at work I am asleep in bed. When I try to go for walks I always throw up afterwards. I used to exercise 3 times a week at least and now the thought of walking to the bus stop makes me puffed. My husband has started driving me to the train station as I have fainted on the way to work twice already.

I'm really not enjoying being pregnant - is anyone else the same?

DyingofLove

I've put on 2kg. I wasn't able to do any exercise from 7-11 weeks due to MS. Doing a little bit more now but I just don't seem to have much stamina! Before getting preg I was going to the gym 3-4 times per week. I don't feel like I have the energy for that now but I'm trying to go twice + some walking.

Guest Buy Me A Pony!

I went to the GP today and have lost 2.4kg. I have been unwell but have an enormous belly and it seems the weight has shifted from my previously soft parts to the belly & breasts. Not worried here at all as I'm starting to feel better heading into 12 weeks.

GG22

It is great to read all of your posts :-) I am 6 months (25 weeks) pregnant and have so far gained 10kgs during my pregnancy.. eeekkk.. I have no one to blame but myself though as I have had an unforgiving hunger and have been eating rubbish and enough for 8 people. I plan to slowly loose 5kgs, or at the bare least, not gain any more weight before the birth. I was actually 65kgs 6 months before I got pregnant, and then gained some before I got pregnant as we were trying for a baby and I wanted to fill my body full of nutrients.. and crap I suppose, and I am now 83kgs. Thats already 18kgs gained and still over 3 months to go.. sounds bad hey!! Looks like it will be a long road for me to get back to my original happy healthy weight of 65kgs. Wish me luck guys!! :-)

sks_2009

I haven't put on anything yet, but I'm 1kg heavier than I was with DD at this stage, and unfortunately I'm probably around 6kgs heavier than I should be.

Last time I put on 12kg and 10kg was gone in two weeks, so I was pretty happy with that.

My OB weighs me each time I visit, I don't mind, it kind of keeps me in check, the week before my appointment I think oh I have to be good this week...

Announcements