Sandra

August 2010 Parent Group #25

whydoibother

STML oh both my boys are like spider man! I can't even count how many times Noah has fallen-it seemed he had a permanent egg on his head for a while there. Sam is so strong so he will get heavy chairs and push them to where he wants to go to get something.

M4S: I am surprised they did not give you an epipen?! Do you have an allergy plan or such? Zyrtec is what I used with Noah as it works fast. Sometimes also small amounts of the allergic foods can help to desensitise them so I have been told. I am glad your test went ok and I hope it all clears up ASAP for you! Oh and Taj behave :p

heidles Amelia always woke at 4 am as a baby oh my I was tired!

lexington

Hey ladies!

I just want to say HAI!!!

happy2bme

Just coming in to say Hi :waves:

So busy with working, studying, kids, house etc etc. Gosh we've had a hectic year with DS1's first year of school. We've had to see a child psychologist & so forth which has kept us on our toes.

Henry is going well, says quite a lot now, very much a climber - usually the dining table he stands up there & dances ha ha ha. He has been FF for a while now as he is quite long. He is seriously a character, has us in stitches constantly.

We are also on the move - ive been offered & accepted a position in Townsville (we live just outside canberra atm) so big changes coming - mixed feelings about that.

Anyway just thought Id pop in to say hello

lexington

H2BM - YAY YAY YAY!! I bet you are in a hurry to get out of COLD Canberra! We had CANB colleagues come down to Melbourne yesterday for a finance event and they were like omg it is SO HOT here.

RD - how are you going? Healthwise with the entire family?

The allergies are not good at all! I am very relieved that L does not seem to have as much issues with eczema and hayfever -> as yet!

Skip to my Lou

Lex - didn't you have a new sig????

All OK here. both girls have colds, and I'm fighiting it off too. So much going on house wise. We have the final final plans now, council told me planning permit should be approved before christmas. DH has been working on a driveway so there will be access to the build site..um was hoping to have slab down before my b'day (Jan 24) but looks like we may not make that deadline...who would have thought there was so much stuffing around once plan and builder were organised??? Off to pick out the plumbing things this weekend, we have already selected some other things like internal doors, handles, skirts and archs, and our polished concrete agg type and colour, but still so many things to be chosen!!

Also will be putting the tree up this weekend.Have put it off to save me a week of 'P leave it alone!!!' but don't want to delay any longer x

lexington

STML no that was a blog header. :)

whydoibother

:p

My4Sunshines

:ph34r:

:waves: Teehee!

lexington

Happy Holidays to everyone!!

I'm guessing the excitement is not there as it is not the first Christmas for most of our bubbas?

Well I am the grinch anyway! :D

essy1

Really, I think I am MORE excited because Elowen is able to enjoy Christmas more this year.... and so will we :D Also as I am no longer breastfeeding I will be able to get stuck into my mum's fabulous (and very strong!) egg nog :xmas_tongue:

lexington

This year it just sneaked up on me.

Last time I checked it was 80 plus sleeps to Xmas. WHATTTTT.....

I think it is just the time of the year where there are so many social commitments, work commitments as well that it is very crazy.

heidles82

:waves:

I can't believe Christmas is only 5 sleeps away and that 2011 is almost over! Each year seems to go by faster than the previous one.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas! We have all been great this year so Santa should treat us well :xmas_tongue:

Skip to my Lou

Essy you have it right, and it just keeps getting better as they get older. Stu had to dress up as Santa at Freya's kinder christmas party, and she didn't even realise it was him LOL the magic of christmas!!!

It barely feels like christmas to me as we have been so 'building' focused lately. We have selected and organised almost everything. Have an appointment tomorrow to do tiles, cabinets and carpet! We had hoped for our planning permit back before christmas. I chased it up this morning and council told me that it would be getting signed off 'shortly' Arghh keep your fingers crossed they do it for me today I am so eager to get it through!!

Anyway happy christmas everyone, hope you all have a wonderful time watching your kiddies ripping into their presents (unlike last year when they just lay and watched hahaha).

Merry Christmas everyone and please have a safe and happy New Year xx :xmas_tongue:

~*KnM*~

Hi Ladies,

Just dropping by to wish you and your families a very Merry Christmas and a happy new year :xmas_cool::xmas_tongue: . I still :ph34r: every now and then

Xxxx

Edited because I really can spell..... honest!!

Edited by ~*KLM*~

ShopgirlX

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!

I'm not sure about everyone else but we have been flat out and have hardly had time to stop and realise it's Christmas. But then when I woke up this morning it finally hit that it's Christmas Eve, we are all home, and can relax and enjoy some family time together! YAY!

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, enjoy the celebrations with our gorgeous little ones, and pop back in to let us know how it was :)

:xmas_cool:

heidles82

merry_christmas4.gif

Just getting in early as we will be out and about tomorrow :xmas_cool: Hope everyone has a wonderful, relaxing and happy day xxx

My4Sunshines

MERRY CHRISTMAS :xmas_tongue:

Hope everyone has had a magical day with family (and friends if that's the case).

Storms are a brewing in our part of the world, can hear the rumbling now with dark skies, hold on Melbourne we're in for a bumpy ride!

KLM & SG so good to hear from you both again.

Take care everyone and have fun playing with all the new toys :xmas_cool:

Eeeek thunder now :huh:

ETA :doh: SG I just looked back on your post and realised I had done the same greeting as you (great minds and all hey :rolleyes: )

Edited by My4Sunshines

ShopgirlX

Oh M4S :doh: :doh: :doh: we were in Officer on Christmas Day - we should have popped in to say HI! -- I realise this NOW... arghhh!!

We thankfully didn't try to drive home that night to Melbourne (I believe we may not have made it due to the Tulla Fwy being cut off at some point) and stayed the night in the fresh country air with my folks. The lightning show around the nearby hills (that went all night) was sensational! It was DD's first night away from home and apart from an hour or so of crying in the middle of the night, we survived!

I hope all you other Melburinans came away unscathed - Lex it seemed pretty mental over your way, I hope you didn't get huge damage.

Bring on the New Year!!

My4Sunshines
Oh M4S :doh::doh::doh: we were in Officer on Christmas Day - we should have popped in to say HI! -- I realise this NOW... arghhh!!

:doh: We were home all day this year too!! Our first at home since dh and I have been together (21 years :huh: ) SOOOOOO close, would've loved to have you over too

Hey I didn't know your folks were out this way

We are looking after our neighbors dogs and after watching the clouds move across towards us and nothing happening we decided to risk it and take them for a walk, well we got just over 1/4 of the way and it started to spit, then within seconds it turned to rain (luckily I had the pram rain cover so I whacked it on) so we took a shorter route but the rain got heavier, we shoved dd3 in the pram with Taj so they were ok however dh, me, dd1, dd2 and 2 doggies got W E T, dripping wet :lol: While we were dripping we looked in the pram to see Taj and dd3 peering out at all the rain and speechless with eyes :blink: it was hilarious!!

We did have a good laugh about it at the time though and naturally once we got round the corner from home the rain all but stopped and the wind started up to dry us of a bit :rolleyes:

Anyway all in a days fun :tongue:

Edited by My4Sunshines

My4Sunshines

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Hope 2012 brings you all beautiful memories to cherish and as much happiness to fill you.

:bighug::hugs::bighug:

Skip to my Lou

Happy New Year everyone :D

Those storms were insane. I can't believe we had more than 24 hours of thunderstorm, just incredible - and quite freakish too.

All good in our household. We had a lovely relaxing christmas eve & Christmas day. My mum, sis and her family came for lunch on the eve, and it is the first year ever that my sis didn't crack a mental at someone and storm off in a huff!! It was great, and she even sent me a lovely thank you message that evening which is most unlike her. Maybe after almost 35 years we can start to have a relationship????

The day we sepnt at home, letting F especially play with her toys. We popped briefly to the inlaws in the afternoon.

NY was a quieter one, we went to our neighbours. Stu brought the girls home around 8 - but popped back over around 11 and then I kept popping back home to check on them but they were ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ all the way. He came home properly after midnight but I stayed and partied. Well I stayed and chatted anyway LOL.

We've had a few relaxing days doing nothing much really, we did go 4WD to a river on Monday for a swim. It was divine........the girls had a ball too. Stu spent a few days at the block smoothing out a driveway - took him a few days as its 160m long...poor boy. He also dug a drain at the side, but had yet to smooth out some of the dirt piles created. We are hoping the rocks for the driveway we ordered before christmas will come next week, although the excavator can get in now, just waiting to find out when.... We have a meeting with our builders on the 16th so hopefully will get a start date then, doesn't look like the slab will be down before my birthday (the 24th) which I had really hoped for, but we did get the planning permit approved before christmas, and the building permit should be approved very soon. Then all we need is the septic permit....but the slab can get started without that one. Stu is ordering our shed today so he will take some time off to erect that once the permit is through.

On an exciting note, we have a few days off planned - we are renting a cottage in Hepburn Springs :D so excited, seems like forever since we have been anywhere. Am hoping to visit hanging rock as I have never been before. We think we will visit Weribee open Range zoo on the way too fun fun !!

Enough prattling, best go do something constructive

take care all xx

M4SS - nice new sig too :D

Edited by Skip to my Lou

whydoibother
Happy New Year everyone :)

My4Sunshines

STML I was out your way today (Traralgon) to see my Aunty, Uncle, cousins, 2nd & 3rd cousins as one of my cousins passed away yesterday after treatment for a brain tumor 3(??) years ago, pancreatic cancer last year then on Dec 16th we learnt she had cancer in her liver.

We had planned to see her today as a family gathering and as she was hospitalised over new years we decided to go to her however the b**ch of a disease took her too soon.

She is in her early 50's and has 4 kids and 4 grandkids.

We didn't see much of her as they are my dads sisters kids and mum and dad split when I was 3 so our contact was very limited to say the least.

Under different circumstances I may have given you a buzz!

Have a beautiful time in Hepburn Springs and Hanging rock is a great workout (we went last year) just hang on to the kiddies ;)

heidles82

Happy New Year!

M4SS - Sorry to hear of the passing of your cousin. Cancer is a horrible disease xxx

:waves: STML, RD, SG and all the others :ph34r:

Nothing exciting has been happening in my life - same old same old. Jackson is such an active toddler and I am kind of looking forward to going back to work on Tuesday for a break - after two weeks off I am exhausted :lol:

I am kind of bummed atm as I had my mirena removed at the beginning of December so we could start TTC #2, but AF showed up today :rant: It has been over two years since my last one, so I am not used to it!

lexington

Hey Ladies, thanks for thinking about me in the Christmas day storms.

Yes it was bananas..

I was home luckily and I did not have to endure the storms with the two boys in a car driving through Wallen. When the storm peaked I think we would have been driving through that area. It would have been awful!!

Thank goodness.

We moved my car to the neighbour's tree on the nature strip. I think that protected it as my work colleague who lives in the next suburb had her car pelted even though it was under a tree as well. Her car was damaged and so was all her relos who attended the Christmas lunch.

We had no damage that I can see... who knows about the roof! This was what happened on Christmas day for us!

My White Christmas

M4SS - I am so sorry to hear of your cousin.

Update to - My grandma fell again around NYE, I cried and cried as mum said she was bleeding a lot and thankfully my brother was in singapore back on holiday as he is 1) expecting a baby 2) on break from New York Uni after his exams. And he picked mum up from her office that day. She is ok but she said her head and leg hurts. I cannot even remember how many times grandma has fallen now. I am totally in denial that this is happening. :( And I was so scared as flights are crazy expensive due to the New year period. I'm so scared now. On a more positive note, my brother had his baby boy called Rui Jie (or Swee Just) already on Friday afternoon. How exciting! 3.5kg ... bejesus! Go SIL.

Edited by lexington