horsey

In Utero Names

horsey

Hi everyone! Just curious as to who gives thier bub an inutero name that won't be their outside name. We do DS1 was Octavius, DS2 was Spartacus and still deciding between Ignatius and Cletus the Foetus for this one :)

CanberraCath

We never did but I love yours! Particularly Cletus the Fetus!!!!!!

horsey

The funny thiing with DS1 my MIL thought that was going to be his name if it were a boy :) its not too bad in comparison to some things I've heard but um NO!

tess11

DS2 (2.5) started calling this bubba Tiny and its stuck.. we have had people ask us if thats what we are really going to call him... ummm no def not lol

hobo_princess

We call ours 'veto'. A reference to Friends when Ross and Rachel are discussing baby names.

~BoysRus~

just the usual Shim jellybean

Dangersgirl

We are calling ours Nacho :)

Justaduck

We haven't really got one, but I used to call my brother "Cup." I think I had just learnt to spell the word :p

BadgerBasher

Originally it was Jellybean, then (at about 20 week) it became The Jelly, which stuck until she was about 5 weeks old, and now at almost 6 months she's known as Beanie.

She does have a "proper" name. So far only her 3 grandmothers use it.

shama

It started off as Bumblebee (partly a Transformers ref, and partly cos I think bumblebees are just SO cute), but after deciding its a bit of a mouthful, have now reverted to Lamby.

Blame my BIL for that one :) I'm a kiwi and he loves to pay me out with sheep jokes regularly... he called the baby lamby last time we saw him, but it's kind of just stuck...

I love some of the names suggested so far! And also the idea of this thread - great work horsey!

Vamp Tramp

Beryl for dd1 lol the ss and sd thought that was her real name

Working_Mummy

Ds - Monkey (I was addicted to Bananas)

This time - Little Ram (Expecting an Aries)

tassiegal

DS1 used to tell people that DS2 was going to be called Bartholomew and he did convince one lady.

Tomate1910
because that is what it looked like on the dating scan... and it also happens to be a very funky soultrain song :)

Nobody Cool

LOL loving the names in this thread :rofl:

We have had two for this bubba so far:

Freebie - because s/he was a fluke natural pregnancy after two IVF transfers and snuck in three weeks before our appointment to start IVF cycle #3. Hence cost us nothing...

Pinhead - Wishful thinking and hoping to manifest a baby with a much smaller head than the last one, who absolutely shredded me downstairs and left me with third degree tears. The theory being: if I keep saying it, it might come true :D

Mixed_Spice

not preggers yet but dh has stated that it will be called 'prototype' (his a mechatronic engineer)

Spider Fingers

No name until 12 weeks, and then baby was christened 'Guts' by her Dad

fick

We called our daughter 'Peaches' or 'The Peach' before she was born. We ended up calling her Georgia for the same reason... Her Donor Daddy is from Atlanta, Georgia (where the best peaches come from :happy: ) and we thought it would be nice to kinda have a bit of a link to him.

Ellen D

I'll be referring to mine as Squirt....

DyingofLove

Nugget! :D

Teds

Friend at work called hers fruit basket because the books say stuff like "and this week, your baby is the size of an lime/apple/avocado.

You get the idea.

Cranky Kitten

DD was Gremlin until birth after seeing her at the 20 week scan. This one has been Penguin from very early days - which is why when we went to Sea World we bought a giant stuffed emperor penguin as his first stuffed toy :)

fozzer

haha love some of these names...great post.

First DD we called Spiro (b) and Gertrude (g)...my dad was concerned seriously thinking we would be calling our bub that and we did it to tease my dad, he is greek but still freaked out we would call our kid that and had never even heard of gertrude...i remember him saying in his accent "Whad daa stuppida name like gerrrtuuude", was funny at the time, us all laughing at his expense.

This one im like Macka, this one is nugget, simple and cute.

HopefulBaby

I love some of these names - they make me laugh.

We've gone very unoriginal and are calling ours "nut".

Stained

We just decided for the rest of this pregnancy (not much to go) this one will be Widget. Last night for the first time DH finally had his hand on my belly for the antics that are this baby and he was like, "Oh my goodness, there is an alien in there!!" "Yes, dear, I have been trying to tell you this one is crazy!"

Announcements