Nut

Feeding Aurora

Nut

In honour of World Breast Awareness Feeding week, Martina tells of how she persisted with express feeding her daughter Aurora, born 9 weeks early with a genetic condition called Noonan Syndrome. Aurora passed away shortly after her first birthday, but her mothers persistence meant she experienced the benefits of breast milk through her precious 12 months of life.

You can read Martina's story here:

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/life-style...0802-1ia2r.html

Please feel free to leave comments.

Guest Lois Griffin

I'm terribly sorry for the loss of your daughter, Martina.

You should feel so very proud of yourself as you overcame some massive hurdles in your breastfeeding relationship by the sounds of it.

The story is vey appropriate given it's World Breastfeeding Awareness Week. I encourage anyone who is having breastfeeding issues to call the ABA or attend their local meeting for advice and support.

charlie23

Martina

Thank you for sharing your breastfeeding journey with Aurora, she is missed by so many :heart:

Kel

Edited by charlie23

~Sorceress~

What you've achieved is just amazing, Martina :) . How lucky Aurora is to have you as mum :wub: .

Blondiebear

Martina, what an incredibly inspiring story, thank you so much for sharing it with us. You should be immensely proud of what you did for your beautiful daughter throughout her too short life. I am so sorry for your loss.

~Jot~

Wonderful article Martina, and that photo is just precious. :heart:

Jendo

Thank you for sharing your story Martina. I am very sorry for your loss. However I think that you are an amazing mother and though your daughter left you far to soon, I am sure she felt truly loved and cherished while here.

What an inspirational story, this does indeed show the power of a mothers love.

blissfulqueenb

Hello Beautiful Aurora. How nice to see you again.

Missing you always

Auntie Carla

xx

Therese

Martina thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous girl with us. You gave her an amazing gift.

TeachmeMum

Martina, thankyou for sharing your heartfelt and loving story and your beautiful daughter with us. You showed great determination and strength, even when it seemed that everyone else was adamant Aurora should be on formula. You provided her with everything she possibly needed and more. Congratulations on your successful breastfeeding relationship with Aurora.

I see your signature occasionally and wonder how you are going. I hope that you are well.

Guest Bubbalicious9

Edited by Bubbalicious9

MarlaMoo

Thanks for sharing your beautiful breastfeeding story Martina. You are such a strong and brave woman, and very rarely let on to any of us just how hard it was for you and everything that you went through. Aurora is such a lucky girl to have such a wonderful mumma who did everything she possibly could for her. She is very much missed :heart: xxx

Kokosh

Dear Martina,

Thank you for sharing your story.

I'm so very, very sorry for the loss of your beautiful little girl.

You should be so very proud of everything you gave your little daughter and I’m sure Aurora knew how much she was cherished and loved.

I understand how hard it can be to persist with breastfeeding when people around you are telling you to give up and use formula. The first 6 months of my daughter and my breastfeeding relationship was difficult with multiple episodes of mastitis, torn nipples, bleeding, nipple blisters, vasospasms and low milk supply. The first 4 months of breastfeeding were accompanied by my tears of pain. In reading your story though, it puts in all in perspective and I realise how fortunate I am to be able to breastfeed her now.

Your courage and determination is amazing and an inspiration for all us mothers out there.

Your gift to Aurora is immeasurable.

xxx

Lawns85

Martina thank you for sharing your story, I am so very sorry for your loss. You are an inspiration to us all.

LittleRB

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful little girl.

I'm in absolute awe over the perseverance and determination you showed during a time of such incredible adversity.

I'm sure Martina was so glad to have such an amazing Mummy who clearly loves her, and I pray that she is at peace.

N&C'smum

My heart goes out to you, Martina!

Your courage in sharing your story for the benefit of other mothers and babies is inspiring xxx

RedsGirl

Martina, thank you for sharing this very special part of the story of you and Aurora.

I am sure your beautiful girl appreciated every single drop! What a wonderful Mummy you are. I have also had my share of issues getting established both times, but this puts it all into perspective.

Guest bottle~rocket

What a beautiful story and what a wonderful mother you have been to Aurora. I'm sure that breastfeeding would have been a great comfort to you, as well as being the best thing for Aurora.

You should be so very proud of everything you gave your little daughter and I’m sure Aurora knew how much she was cherished and loved.

I agree. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your little girl.

jactela

XXXXX

RachH

Martina, I am so sorry for your loss. How heartbreaking. I take my hat off to you though for what you did for your beautiful daughter. Amazing story. Take Care and thank you for sharing (also thanks to Nic for writing the story)

whydoibother

Dear Martina,

Your strength and mothers love made Aurora's time here on earth so special. I am sorry she had to leave so soon xxx