Sandra

April 2010 Parent Group #24

emily~and~girls

SJM congrats!! Amelia was the name i wanted for myself all through my childhood - I just loved it and still do :wub: beautiful name for a beautiful daughter

Edited by emily~and~girls

mccarro

Hi all!

sjm - I hope everything's going well with Amelia and that Charlie's coping ok with the 'intrusion'.

Lou - how's the treatment going?

waves to everyone else!

AFM - 2 more sleeps until DH gets back. I can't wait. It's been almost 4 weeks since we were home together, and I just want to snuggle up with him at night.

Had a day off work today after Atticus woke a couple of times last night vomiting. He couldn't keep anything down until about mid-morning, and then after his nap, it was like someone had flicked a switch and he was back to his energiser bunny best, running around the house multiple times before pointing at the pantry and requesting food by plonking himself on the floor and holding out his hands. He's been fun to watch lately. Tonight while I was cooking dinner he stood on a chair at the sink rinsing dishes and stacking them in the drainer. I went to Bunnings today, and he whizzed around with the little trolley choosing random things to put in it, but he was really deliberate in what he put in, examining everything carefully and pretending to read the package. I caught a glimpse of what I must look like when doing the grocery shopping. I am in awe of the process by which they absorb stuff at the moment - I need to start being careful of what I say around him.

What funny things are your little ones up to at the moment?

sjm218

Mccarro - I adore this age, so chatty and really starting to show their little personalities. Charlie has quite good speech, so will ask for what he wants or sign it to us ( they sign at his daycare). It is great knowing what he wants.

Funny things he does, he has quite a funny sense of humor he thinks passing wind is hilarious, particularly when he does it himself ( giggles after he has done it), but he thinks it is funny if dh or dd do it (of course I NEVER do this.,!).

He loves to collect acorns when we get home and fill up the dog bowls with them - we have to play outside for at least 30 minutes when we get home or we get a tantrum!

Tantrums have started but he is like me and can't stay cross for very long at all.

Mccarro - isn't it amazing how fast they bounce back so fast after being sick?? Perhaps there is a lesson there for us!

thanks Emily - we had three names we were tossing around: Amelia, Amelie and Emily!! We obviously have very similar taste!!!

Flying kiwi - thanks! How are you progressing?? Started talking about names yet?

Jazz - thanks very much!! Any more thoughts on TTC yourself? I know you are considering it....

AFM - we are settling in at home pretty well. Amelia is a very content baby, eats and sleeps mostly. She is even letting me get four hour stretches at night so I am feeling very lucky! Charlie has also been very calm and settled. Dh is home and will be for the next 3-4 weeks, so he is enjoying lots of Charlie time. We have kept Charlie at daycare too, so I think the routine is helping him.

He is very curious about dd and looks for her. He gets worried when she cries and even shared a toy with her yesterday. He still needs to work on gentle, he tends to pat her like a dog, meaning well, but a bit rough. I think he will adjust very quickly.

I am starting to feel human again after the Caesar, it was definitely more ouches this time early, but seems like I am getting better faster, if that makes sense! Yesterday I even managed to do some washing and ironing! Exciting stuff!

Talk soon!!

flyingkiwi

21 pages? They don't normally let them go this long do they?

What funny things are your little ones up to at the moment? Max cracks me up all the time. He launches himself into the beanbag full tilt and thinks it's hillarious. He can sing a passable rhythm and tune (but not the words yet) for the alphabet song (or possibly twinkle twinkle or possibly baa baa black sheep - they're all the same). Whenever he's standing on something he puts his arms up and goes "cocoda" (crocodile), but doesn't always wait for the 1,2,3 to jump off. When somebody is talking to him on the phone he has a rapt look on his face but doesn't say a word. Lately he insists on taking a book to bed with him and is sometimes still clutching it when he's fast asleep. He's got an obsession with socks and shoes and sometimes tries to put his socks on over his shoes, or multiple pairs of socks or shoes on. He also does funny tantrums where he just throws himself on the floor and sobs. And a million other things.

Not so cute is that he just took almost an hour to go to sleep! It's really warm here, but I still have him rugged up because it will get cold later, so that was probably part of it. Also he may be getting 2 year old molars.

On a different topic, well done New Zealand! About time we had some good news!

meljb
21 pages? They don't normally let them go this long do they?

I thought that the other day too.

What funny things are your little ones up to at the moment?

Annabelle loves running away and "hiding" whenever we call her to do something, she usually runs to a corner and turns around giggling at us as she slides down to the floor. She also has a thing for shoes - hers, mine, her brother's, DH's, it doesn't matter. she just wants to wear shoes all the time! Actually, that's not true, if they're her shoes it very much matters which ones she wears and heaven forbid I choose the wrong pair in the morning :rolleyes:

She's teething again atm cue bad sleep and lots of crankiness, it looks liek she's getting all 4 eye teeth at once and they are taking their sweet time to cut through :(

flying kiwi - A begrudging Well done to the All Blacks. should have been the Wallabies but they played so badly when it mattered that I have to say the Kiwi's deserved the win last night.

~*Lou*~

HI ladies

Yeah I wondered why the thread was so long, thought maybe catalyst on holidays or something!

Toby has a cheeky big sister to copy and he does! she throws toys, he throws toys, she laughs at something naughty she's done, he laughs at something naughty he's done, you get the idea! He's taken a few unassisted steps several times, but lacks confidence, however he can CLIMB. He can climb onto couch unassisted, he can climb out of the bath (if we let him, which we don't!), he shoots up the stairs at Mum and Dad's house, and can get back down again, going backwards, no trouble (obviously we are right there to catch him if he does fall and we have barrier at top and bottom, so playtime on the stairs is well supervised).

Lou xx

guru nakal

hi everyone

I was thinking the same about the length of thread!

Funny things - if/when allowed to run around naked, has to hold on to his bottom!!

Puts his chin down and looks up through his eye lashes if he doesn't intend to do what you asked him to do.

When you ask him to go and tell his brother something, stands two steps from you and screams JaJa! down the hallway at full volume (don't know where he has seen this done! :D )

Gets fish bath toys and says num num num as he gets them to "eat" your hands

Shoes, yep loves them too!

Party pants - thinks they're pretty funny too.

Giggles heaps when you put him to bed, he's just so excited to be there!

Chucks a massive tanty every day when I pick him up from daycare - goes all rigid etc. Ok, that one definitely aint cute!! I think he is hungry and tired by 5pm.

Food tantys involve leaning against the pantry, head in hands, sobbing uncontrollably (at least until the biscuits/sultanas/fruit sticks appear! :rolleyes: )

Cute things - open mouth Kath and Kim style kisses. Says "oh my goodness". Said I love you to his brother today. Looks at me - anything is cute, isn't that how they survive?

Hope everyone is well.

emily~and~girls

Funny things:

- When Abby doesnt like something she screw her nose up and snorts

- She runs around yelling "oh dear, oh dear, oh dear" for no apparent reason

- She sings just the last note of jingles for example the fireman sam cartoon has the final line "sam is the hero next door" so she just watches and waits for the right moment and chimes in with "oor"

- When you sing "its raining its pouring" and get to the bit where he "bumped his head" she yells "ouch"

- At gymbaroo she spends the full 45 minutes walking around with her tongue poked out - i know that it's becasue she's excited and concentrating, but I have to keep touching her chin and saying "put your tongue back in your mouth". She never does this anywhere esle but gymbaroo. Cracks me up

Cute things:

When maddie is crying abby walks up and points and says "gyning" and then tilts her head to the side and says "oo ariiiii" (translation "crying, are you alright?")

the rest is good - off to the beack for the cup day long weekend w00t!

Edited by emily~and~girls