New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

Kat*and*Kids

Gold!!!

having-fun

Sneaking in for silver :D

Still lurking guys. Wanted to let you all know name of zombie causing status is Elijah. We call him Eli day to day. DS calls him baby brother. So cute to watch them together.

DF: fingers crossed mate. 9weeks-yay!!! I know how hard bed rest will be for you. Take care and will lurk for results of today's appointments.

Wishing you all the best :happy:

Caramel Latte

Bronze

Have a great day all!

Mrs Dinosaurus

Up at 4.30 - cat sick all over kitchen floor, neck and shoulders unbelievably painful, BH to boot :)

Whinge, whinge, whinge!

Hope everyone has a good day - I'm about to give up and get up. Maybe find someone to do baby brothers cupboards so I can put his clothes away!

MarsBarSlice

Gosh you ladies are up early.

Tygrays - bbighug.gifSending this to you and hope that things turn around for you very quickly. It's just awful when you feel like everything is on top of you

DF - Keep resting, will be ninja.gif for your news, always thinking of you

Mamabug - It took ages for my Chiro to get me walking/moving without looking like an 80 year old. I hope the physio kicks in for you soon, it just feels so much better

Jen42 - Congrats on the award, that's fantastic and that your boss put you up for it

Belinda33 - I was on maxalon for months with this pregnancy. It really did help so if you need it, take it. It's just too draining and tiring being so sick all the time.

Shadowess - You've put in my head that I should really start getting Baby Bat's room organised, it looks like a dumping ground. I had it all neat and then, I don't know something just happened and well I'm back to having to find the floor again.

JDU - I wish I was there to help you. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling more comfortable with what you have been told.

Key - Ooh Disneyland, it really is the best place on earth

Kate - Enjoy Coffs, it'd be nice to get away. We're going to Morpeth on Monday with some friends, it's meant to be lovely

Eva - Great news on more kicks

Bigmum & TNMN - hope your enjoying your holiday

AFM: Sorry I've been MIA, I've been lurking when I can. I've been so sick. It started with a head cold for a week and then I got gastro & vomiting. It took me a few days to recover and now I'm back to just the head cold.

My Ob appt last week went well, had my 2nd Anti D shot, not much else to report really. I still get paranoid about lack of movement but need to just accept that maybe this one isn't a mover & shaker like DS was.

Have a great day ladies, hello to anyone I've missed, enjoy your long weekend.

Mamabug
I still get paranoid about lack of movement but need to just accept that maybe this one isn't a mover &

shaker like DS was.

Master Bug was a rather relaxed little one, especially after the boisterous behaviour of his big sister. There would be MANY days when I would end up bruising myself from the vigorous poking I'd give my middle in the hopes of eliciting a response from the lad! :rolleyes:

Feeling lesslike a decripit 90 year old this morning - helps that Himself is working closer to home and didn't have to get up until 6.45...unheard of bliss in this house, it is usually 5.15am at the latest for him! So, I got lots of snuggles and was kept toasty warm. It really does make a difference when the cold "gets into my bones".

Only problem was when I rolled over for cuddles, I think I tipped BabyBug on his/her head and there was much protest with limbs flailing in all directions :wub::blush:

As for all this activity setting up baby rooms - this one will get put in a cradle next to my bed. Clothes get stashed under the change table. A box will be under the cradle with wraps, cloth nappies and bed linen. That's about the extent of preparations in this joint for a new arrival!! Of course, it makes it easier when we only have a 2br house and there isn't actally any room for another bod in the binkies bedroom!!!

Neko NoNo
Edited by Kate-ko

Caramel Latte

Hi All

Mumabug: Hope that "Himself" gets to work closer to home more often. This bub wont be having a nursery, just a bassinet next to bed and balance of items (change table, drawers etc in with youngest).

Kuta: So sorry to hear you have been sick, hope you are feeling 100%

Jen: Sending :bighug: hope day gets better.

Having-Fun: Elijah is a lovely name. Our child is going to be "No name" as we can't agree on anything - lucky we still have at least 27 weeks to go.

:waves: to all I have missed: Hope you are well.

AFM: Issue one this week has been solved, our little houdini (aka Cadbury, youngest childs pet, had taken off (left collar still done up) and was located yesterday afternoon. 1st call this morning was to the shelter and now he is home, waiting to surprise miss 7). Cant wait as she has missed him - been watching all dog shows, staring at his dog bowl etc. Was so sad to see.

After further looksies today there is no sign to why I bled (as in nothing to do with the baby - thank goodness!!!) so as it is me, I am happily following DRs orders and bedresting.... fun. Also measuring 9 weeks 3 days so gained a day in 24hrs. They gave me a little scan pic for my purse.

Hope everyone has a great day and can stay warm.

michelle120773

Hey Ladies

Feeling very relieved...have returned from my OB appointment.

Blob is now measuring a wopping great 3.9 cm!!!!! HB was 190 bpm - up on the 180 last time

Measuring spot on for 10w4d and still due 2/1

All looking good....when he first started the US Blob was looking straight at me - I could see where the eys are, stubby little arms and legs (just like its mummy!), a pulsing heart and pulsing cord!

Feeling so much happier today and more relaxed than the last few days!

12 wk US on 20/06 and then next OB apt on1/7...then he says we can stretch it out to 4-6 weeks between appointments!

Neko NoNo

Michelle- Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.

Ty- I hope you are doing okay. Thinking of you

Kuta- I hope you are on the mend.

Jen- :hugs:

AFM- I've just arrived and the flight seems to have upset the baby. I've got quite strong cramping going on now. Anyone had this? I'm sitting on the couch now trying to relax and see if he will settle. I'm a little worried. I didn't even bring my midwife's number with me! :doh:

Mrs Dinosaurus

Kate - Yep, I don't fly particularly well at the best of times so the extra stress seems to upset bubs every time I fly pregnant. If you get too worried go to the local A&E or find a GP to refer you for a scan but I'm sure it's fine.

DF - Yay for cadbury and hoping the next 3 weeks goes fast as.

Michelle - Yay! So pleased it's all going well, I was also a mess up to the NT scan and even then was pretty stressed leading up to my 16 week scan as it had been 4 weeks between scans and I was used to 1 or 2! Also hope times flies for you and you can relax soon.

Kuta - Ugh, that sounds just awful especially so late in pregnancy - as if it's not tiring enough carrying a whole extra person around and all their blood needs. I hope you get a restful weekend and feel better Tuesday (I assume it's a long weekend everywhere?)

Having Fun - So pleased things are going well with Eli (love the name) and that DS is being a nice big brother. Mine keeps saying "no baby brother" every time it's mentioned!

Mamabug - Hope you get more sleep ins this weekend and more snuggles.

Hi to everyone else, I hope everyone has a lovely long weekend planned (or not planned!)

DS got jealous of the cat being sick and had a massive spew in the car this morning - poor thing, and poor mummy dealing with the mess! He seems better again this afternoon so hopefully he's at the end of this lingering cold. Work is full of exciting emails from students (bwah ha ha ha) and the award I won has seen me nominated for a huge national award - I must say this couldn't come at a better time career wise :) Fingers crossed it's all enough to see all my requests for legal clarification from HR melt away...!

DH being a bit too busy at work for my liking but hopefully it's as short term as he claims - it's not very nice to look forward to the weekend and then find out there isn't going to be one (from your point of view). And now I'm off to find plasters and baby brothers crib on line :lol: spending money fixes everything :D

EvaFaithful

Hello ladies!

Short and sweet from me this morning.

Mum and dad are home after being in Europe for 6 weeks! Sweetpea has so many cute clothes from Paris. Am seriously craving chocolate and strawberry milk :p have already eaten a mars bar and had a glass of strawberry quick!

:heart: Eva

tygrays

Heya guys,

I've been doing it tough the last few days... Our back up/chicken out plan has all but fallen through with the ob telling me the other day (it didn't really 'click' at first) that once we present to the hospital I wont have a say in anything, they will do what they deem fit and they have a right to do that as the medical team... So kinda reeling, trying to work it all out in my head and it's not been a pretty sight. That on top of threats to contact DOCS if we present with a baby born at home via freebirth doesn;t sit very well with me :( It also means that we're locked out of things like vit k tratment, heel pricks etc etc - they weren't being planned as such but if Aerynn had a traumatic entry to the world or there were indications they were required we always planned that we could go to the hospital for a check up and get the necessary treatment.. it seems if we do we're more than likely looking at a DOCS investigation **sigh** So much to work through!!! So much in my own head to deal with with other implications... AUGH!!! All I want is to have my baby as naturally as it was intended!!!

Sorry, just a bit frustrated here, but I am working through it all and know that we are doing the right thing... It's probably things a lot of pple wouldn't even question with their doctors I know, and once she is here it will be all a distant nightmare that we can move past... I guess the thing for me is that birth is a very very special process, and I want to honour that process and not have my wishes and desires trampled on by men who think they know better!!! :(

Anyhoos, another 'me' post, so sorry... I really want to start getting better and moving on from centralising everything, it's really proving to be a bit tough at the moment with all these walls caving in around me...

Shadowess

Ummmmm, I'm sorry, but don't DOCS have more important things to investigate??? like kids who are being abused, or neglected or something serious like that???

I wouldn't have thought that free or homebirthers would be top of their negligent parents list... I think they're trying to unnecessarily scare and stress you into conforming to the system.

Okay, sorry it's short, but I'm off for a nanna nap before I take Ruby to her play date... not sleeping very well at all at night, so it's naps all round here..

fee

tygrays

Apparently it is negligent for us to want to birth at home and they need to make sure that all is ok with the situation... I wouldn't be concerned but it's been done previously and very recently by the same hospital and staff.

Neko NoNo

Ty- that is terrible. I hope you are getting some good advice from the homebirth forum as I have no idea what the legalities are. I can't beleive the hospital is using intimidatory tactics on you. How is that good practice. Good luck and I hope you get some rationalitiy soon.

Jen- I hear you on the retail therapy. I hope the spewing has reached its end

Eva- milk! I can't stop eating icecream and milkshakes. Our babies are going to have some strong bones!

Fee- bring on the nanna naps.

EvaFaithful

TY - That sounds like such nightmare :( I'm not up to date with all the info and details on free birthing etc. Really hope you can sort things out quickly!

Fee - I hope you enjoyed your nana nap. Sleep is a distant memory it feels like

Kate - I've never been a milk drinker until now. Totally love my strawberry quick!

AFM - had another anxiety freakout yesterday but am better today. My little man has been kicking soooooooo much. It is totally blissful :wub:

I was wondering if people wanted to join a Facebook group together so we can show photos of bubs as they are born and everything. If you're interested let me know.

I want it to be October already so I can hold my little man but I also don't want to wish away this time either.

Okay enough from me .... Washing in the machine keeps beeping which means it's time to do some chores!

Eva

Shadowess

Ty, yeah, the hospital may think it's negligent, but does DOCS? what's been the outcome when others have been investigated? Really, I'd be surprised if DOCS takes it seriously, surely they have more important things to investigate?

I just don't see how they can generalise and say that free or home birthers are being negligent... if you were, you wouldn't have been going to doctors appointments, or scans or anything in the lead up, and you wouldn't have (or tried to have) a back up plan for encase things went wrong.. if you were negligent, you wouldn't care what happened the baby. It just doesn't make any sense.

Mrs Dinosaurus

Tygrays - hugs, hugs, hugs. I'm with Fee - I'd be (subtly) investigating those fear-mongering negligence claims - talk to the homebirthing group since so many freaking women do it every year I'm pretty sure they simply don't have the resources to investigate them all. And it's not illegal - remember that, unlike actual negligence such as not feeding your child. Gosh these people make me angry - I can't imagine how you're feeling. More hugs.

Love to everyone else.

tygrays
Ty, yeah, the hospital may think it's negligent, but does DOCS? what's been the outcome when others have been investigated? Really, I'd be surprised if DOCS takes it seriously, surely they have more important things to investigate?

I just don't see how they can generalise and say that free or home birthers are being negligent... if you were, you wouldn't have been going to doctors appointments, or scans or anything in the lead up, and you wouldn't have (or tried to have) a back up plan for encase things went wrong.. if you were negligent, you wouldn't care what happened the baby. It just doesn't make any sense.

My thoughts exactly :( I've had a good chat to our birth assistant this evening which has really helped calm the thoughts in my head... The fact that we'd only transfer in an emergency situation means the likelyhood is low, but we need to be prepared just in case... I think the fact that DOCS will come knocking on my door at any time is what freaks me out.. if I didn't know about it I wouldn't be freaking LOL it's the KNOWING that it'll happen, that our decisions are going to be questioned etc... It's something we just have to be prepared for if we do transfer, unfair but the obs don't like homebirth - hence the strong movement against home/freebirths by the powers to be...

EvaFaithful

I slept through the whole night!!!!! :excite: I only just managed to hobble to the toilet this morning, it could have been very bad, but was so worth it

BBL

Shadowess

Eva, I'm jealous! I haven't slept through the night for ages now, and in the last few days it's gotten really bad! Pretty much up every 2 hours for the toilet, and not particularly comfy in bed.. I hate this pointy end of pregnancy.

My pelvis is REALLY sore at the moment too... my osteo appointment on Thursday wasn't nearly as effective as the week before. She couldn't get me in this week, so I have to wait 2 weeks for another appointment... going to be a mess by then! For those of you with pelvis problems though, particularly across the pubic bone, I highly recommend sticking a heatpack between your legs. It made a huge difference last night! I could actually roll over and get out of bed without almost screaming...

Tygrays, I still reckon DOCS have little time for things like that. I think you'll find that they won't even bother investigating.

Kate, when I was pregnant with Ruby, my craving was for gelato from the local markets... it was soooooo good! Actually, I blame that on the reason she was 4.4kg! Funny thing was though that when I had it again after having her, it wasn't nearly as good as I'd remembered! This time my craving was ham and pickle sandwiches... I wonder if that means this one's a boy...

Okay, that's as far back as I can see...

Is it wrong to be wishing it was Tuesday again, so DH is back at work, and Ruby is at daycare, and I have the house to myself again??? He's planning on having 4-5 weeks off when Bert arrives, and I'm kind of dreading it! I much prefer to just get on with stuff myself!

I think we're just laying low today, we'll do a bit of cleaning up, and maybe go down to the park or something. Nothing too exciting.

fee

Mamabug

Tygrays.

Document, document, document.

Have a list of all your appointments, have copies of your previous birth histories.

This will start to show that you take the situation seriously have considered and researched the options in the local setting. Your previous history is important, especially as it is the information n which your current situation is based - and you said you didn't have opposition to your birthing ideology in Tasmania. which shows it isn't you and your child's situation that has changed, rather the ideologies of the medical system into which you have landed.

Also, couldn't hurt to make an anonymous call to DoCS and ask a few questions...

EvaFaithful
Tygrays.

Also, couldn't hurt to make an anonymous call to DoCS and ask a few questions...

Agree with this!

Ive done it before when I needed to find out how serious something was, when working at daycare.