Sign in to follow this  
Sparkle4

Party games for 10 year old girls

Sparkle4

Hi

My DD is having a party at home for her 10th birthday and we are planning some games. I am after any suggestions for games for this age.

I have alerady thought of the memory game where you put objects on a tray and everyone looks at them for a minute then the tray is taken away and they have to write down what objects they remember.

Thanks

~ DD 9 ~ DD 7 ~ DS 5 ~ DD 1~

happy-mummy

Can't go past the chocolate game -

Big block of Cadbury chocolate on a plate with a knife and fork. Kids sit in a circle around it and take turns to roll a dice. They must roll a 6 for a chance to get some chocolate but the catch is that they have to dress up in a variety of items (think scarf, coat, beanie, and most essential - gloves!) before they have a chance to cut off a piece of chocolate with the knife and fork. Other catch is that they can only cut one square at a time and must put it in their mouth before they cut another piece. Can use individual forks if that makes you more comfortable.

Always a winner and good for a laugh!

Other winning game is the "feed me" game.

Girls pair up. One puts on a large garbage bag over her clothes (cut/rip hole for head). Other person is blindfolded and stands behind her with a spoon. Girl in garbage bag holds a bowl of custard. She must direct the blindfolded girl behind her to where the custard is so she can be fed. Winners are the cleanest pair at the end when all the custard is gone.

Have fun!

CocobeanLillylove

You could play spin the bottle - obviously not the kissing version but another variant of it involving fun dares

memy2girlz

put up a picture of Justin Bieber,blindfold & put lipstick on the girls....spin them around & get them to kiss poster,the closest to the lips is the winner!

Edited by memy2girlz

NotGirly

Newpaper Fashion Design: in groups of three, kids have one person as the designated 'model' and the other two as designers/constructors. Give each group a big stack of (broadsheet) newspapers and sticky tape and 15 minutes to 'dress' their model. Then have a parade. Prizes if you like (e.g. most outrageous, most beautiful, most practical)

For more ideas, see if you can find girl guide and scout games. Usually very appropriate for that age group.

Rocket

My 10 yo didn't do party games but we did break out some hair curlers/straighteners and gave each girl a hair make-over, plus UV face-paint which is always a huge hit and because the make-up is done like a kind of tribal thing in style doesn't involve making the girls into little Lolitas, which would annoy me greatly.

Sparkle4

Thanks for all the replies - they are all great ideas :). I remember playing the chocolate game when I was about that age - lots of fun!

FeralLIfeHacker

Newspaper game is always a hit. They get into pairs, they start with a large square of newspaper, play music, when the music stops both partners have to jump on the newspaper and rip off a section of newspaper. You keep playing, dancing until there is only a tiny section of newspaper left and the partners need to cling to each other to balance on the tiny piece, if their feet touch the floor then they are out, keep going til their is only one couple left and they are the winners.

Hope that makes sense :)

EllenD

A)cut up 3-7cm long pieces of wool in a range of colours and distribute them around the floor (or grass if outside) before the party. You can let them happily guess away what the wool is for early on in the party!

During the party split the kids up into "teams" of one two or three (depending on how many wool colours you had) and give each team a colour.

Turn on some music and let each team off to gather up as much wool of their colour as they can. Stop the music (perhaps when you've decided your floor is clean enough :- ) and get get them to make a line out of their bits of wool, longest line wins! (Don't really have to win anything, or maybe a small token that they can lucky dip from a bag).

B) Along similar lines to the earlier mentioned chocolate game: Have a dress up bag of funny clothes (eg gimic glasses, daggy accessories from another era eg 60s, 70s, 80s, an old house-coat or kitchen apron, witches hat, swimming cap - a nice floral one too - etc etc see what you have around the house. The game is to pass an orange from kid to kid around in a circle holding it under the chin and when it falls both orange-passers pick something at random from the bag to put on (would work nicely with all 10 year old girls i think - lots of giggles - and with pairs of girls having to pick something out, it avoids embarrassing/ singling out any shy kid as the 1st with a funny accessories that all others laugh at ).

C) The usual musical chairs (safer with 2 rows of musical cushions on the floor!), musical statues...winners can simply "win" or can again win a prize from the lucky dip bag.

D) a game of chinese whispers (probably a more pc name for this game somewhere??). You can start them off with a sentence and several whispers around the circle later see what was relayed. Example the classic army old tale of "Send reinforcements, we're going to advance' which became 'Send three and fourpence, we're going to a dance' further down the line.

E) If you are having some balloons, try some balloon games. Who can balance a balloon on finger tip the longest (you can move around freely, the balloon just cannot drop and can't use your other hand.

F) Balloon pair game: split into a long of pairs facing each other and blow the balloon back and forth to keep it in the air (can't use hands).

E) A scouts game I can recall was fun- again line up in pairs facing each other, sit down and each pair puts their feet together, number each pair 1, 2, 3 etc down the line and each person must remember their number. There are two teams, as you stand at the top of the line or at the top of the "road of legs": team A on your RHS (the RHS of each pair) and team B on your LHS (the LHS of each pair). Game starts when you call out a number, number 3. Then both "number threes" must stand up and race each other up to you at the top of the line of pairs over all the legs (which should not be moving for safety and its good to space out the girls a bit before starting), around the back of their team and then back up through the middle over the leg pairs again until they sit back down where they started. The fastest of the pair adds a point to either team A or team B. Keep calling out random numbers until each pair of kids have had a few "goes" at racing then do a tally of scores and announce the winning team. ( PS its a good idea to take all shoes off and stay in socks, or bare feet )

Good on you from prepping up games by the way. I must admit these games are not my own imagination, my Mum was awesome at party games and I had fantastic parties through my childhood. Plenty of adult led games to keep young girls active prevented any "b**chy" tenancies or any exclusion and ALL have an awesome time at the party!