F.E.B.E

Surviving Suicide: Nut's story

Guest Dinah_Harris

Thanks for sharing and for reminding us to connect with family and friends as often as we can. I'm so sorry for your loss.

But Nut, this wasn't your fault.

RIP Lothar.

EFS.

Edited by Dinah_Harris

PurpleNess

So sorry for your loss & thank you for being brave enough to share your painful story. RIP Lothar

Bex_star

A heartfelt and raw account of something so painful and yet so often not spoken of.

Im so sorry Nut that you and your family had to experience this type of loss and Im so sorry for your brother who obviously felt so lost he couldnt see the way out.

xx

Therese

Thank you for sharing your story with us. It took a lot of courage.

You have reminded me to cherish every moment with people. Thinking of you and your family. Xxx

TinyTeddys

A member of my immediate family took their life a few years back and other than family, most people close to me don't know they commited suicide. Thank you for sharing your story, I know how hard it can be, RIP Lothar

B.M.C.M.I.E

Thank you for sharing your story Nut.

I'm sorry for the loss of your brother but I appreciate you sharing, it gives a little comfort to those who've been in the same situation.

I truly hope this helps people see warning signs and to help someone in need.

It'sbeenawhile

Nic you wrote your story so well. I am like i was when it happened so deeply sorry that you have to go through this.

andyk

Thank you for sharing your story. I am so sorry for the loss of your brother.

Mercurial

Nut - thank you so much for sharing your story. I can't imagine how difficult the last 10 months have been for you and your family.

Thank you also for reminding us why it's so important to love and enjoy our families.

Guest maybelle

Thankyou for sharing. I wish you didn't have such a story to tell.

mummy2bailey

I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious brother, thankyou for sharing your story I can't imagine how hard it was to write

And thankyou for reminding me not to take my family for granted, we too are a very close family and you would never think it could happen to one of our's, your story made me relise it can happen to anyone, anytime

Take care xx

YodaTheWrinkledOne

that's powerful reading.

ToddlerWrangler

Oh Nut I am so sorry for the loss of such a kind hearted soul. Thank you so much for sharing your story, i know it would have been hard to write. I think that it is truly beautiful that you all have a tattoo that is a memory and will stay with you always.

It has made me think of my BIL who is currently depressed, i will make an effort to see him more.

Sending you lots of love to you and your family

Accidental

Thanks for sharing, Nut.

I'm going to take a family photo with DH when he gets home, we don't have one yet and I guess I never considered there may be any urgency, but you really never do know.

cardamom

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank you for sharing your story - it has a real personal resonance for me. My family too are very close, like you said, others joke that we are 'abnormally' close. For the past few months my younger brother has seemed down and withdrawn; whenever I've asked him if everything has okay, he's brushed me off. I've always thought that, because we are so close, if something was really wrong, I would know about it. This has reminded me that that's not true.

=R2=

What a touching story Nicole and so sorry for your loss :(.

My husband (also in IT) was bullied at work some years ago before our first child was born. I'm sure he went into depression and it was scary seeing your loved one replaced by a souless being. We agreed that resigning was the best thing to do. He found more dignity in being unemployed in the short term compared to his whole being ripped apart at work week after week.

I'm so sad for your brother having nobody to turn to and talk to during his darkest days. I hope your family finds some peace and love in remembering him.

B-B-M

Thank you for sharing a story that never should have to have been written. I have also lost a sibling to suicide (sister). No words can describe it.

I send strength to you and your family.

Peppanickel

I am so sorry for the loss of your brother Nic. Please just know that nothing you could have done would have changed it. As someone who has been to those depths regularly, who has had a couple of failed attempts, has been hospitalised a few times for being suicidal there is not anything that anyone could have done any differently or said any differently that would have changed my mind or prevented the attempts that I did make.

Gurt

I am in tears. I am just so sorry for the loss of your brother, but thank you for making us aware that we should make every day count (I am one who has no photos of me with the kids either because I hate them - You have inspired me to change that). Thinking of you x.

Tender Heart

Beautifully written, Nut.

babatjie

Thank you for sharing Nut. It's so true what you said about saying 'I love you' and taking photos. So often I say no to a photo because I don't feel my best.

I can see the family resemblance between your son (when you had him in your sig a while ago) and your brother.

Peanut

I have never forgotten that photograph of your father mourning his son at the funeral. Very powerful and very moving.

All the best to you and your family, Nut.

red door

wow Nut...your line "drowning in his own mind..." made me cry.

Strength be with you.

*Ev

Nicole, thanks for writing it.

For the other readers.... I am Lothar's mother.

My son's decision to take his life devastated us.

To those who suffer from depression and keep it to themselves.... my message is, TALK TO SOMEONE.