Sign in to follow this  
Melbourne_gal

Comfy shoes for pregnancy

Melbourne_gal

Hi,

Could anyone recommend comfortable shoes for pregnancy? I'm only in the 2nd trimester, but I've already got foot pain and swelling.

Thanks in advance :)

~*MrsL*~

I live in my Birkenstocks! Love em!

Not sure what I am going to do in winter... :unsure:

jazzpup

My feet ended up huge (think two sizes bigger!!!) after about 24 weeks.

I got a pair of grosby slip ons and they were great.

I just got them at big w so not too expensive, as my feet went down after bubba was born and now they are way too big on me!

LovetheSun

I second birks! I love them. For some reason when I'm pregnant I roll outwards on my feet, mainly my heels. I love that birks keep your feet in the right position.

Green Gummy Bear

Thongs. They're easy to get on and off, there's no bending of any sort, and it doesn't matter how big your feet get, they'll still fit! For those of you worried about winter, may I suggest slipper thongs, lol.

damster

I third the birkenstocks. For Winter, I had a black 'clog' style pair that I wore with maternity opaque tights. The only shoes I could get my puffy feet into!

Soontobegran

I 4th Birkenstocks, although you are at risk of being called a hippy/CUB! :)

Clank.R

I know a lot of people go for slip ons and thongs so they don't have to do them up, but for me one of the best pregnancy investments I've made is my lace up rockports.

My MIL is a physio and really recommends these shoes for their excellent support, and lots of nurses wear them as they are on their feet all the time. You've got to tie the laces, but they are so comfortable. I can't wear any other shoes for long periods of time without doing the "tender foot dance" and stepping from one foot to the other...

sjl

birkenstocks for me too.

2xmum

I lived in havianas (even at work...) and ballet flats - leather so they stretch.

babybeli

Slip on colorado's comfy from day one.

Chubub

Havianas or Rabens

bini48

Thongs! I have terrible oedema and can't even contemplate getting anything else on these sore, puffy feet.

emc002

I was wearing thongs, I have oedema too.

Got a pair of Masseur sandals for $40, they're the cork ones with the black adjustable velcro. They are good because now I can alternate between getting enough exercise and putting my feet up.

Genabee

Ballet flats from Sambags have been my most favoured shoe, especially for work.

I get around in croc slippers everywhere else.

Indatree

I lived in a pair of New Balance runners recommended by my podiatrist SIL. I had bad plantar fasciatis which worsened as I got heavier and these shoes gave me the support so I could walk without pain.

Was a PITA having to tie them up though... and in summer, and I felt like a total dag. But oh well pregnancy is not very glamorous anyway. Watch out here comes the whale in sneakers :laugh:

mjlover

im struggling with foot swelling too - but at work we cant wear any of the shoes that have been suggested so i just deal with having 'strap marks' embedded into my feet ... :(

KHK

for casual - birkenstocks, merrells as they zip up & at home croc slippers in winter as they a wide.

For work I got a pair of hush puppies with adjustable front and side panels with valcro. They are not the most glamerous I call them my granny shoes but they are decent for work and comfortable.

I have a full cocktail wear wedding next weekend and I still have not bought shoes for that yet!!!

libbylu

I bought a pair of "Earth" shoes and they were very comfortable. I was travelling overseas between 6-7 months so needed something versatile that I could walk in but also okay for meetings etc.

http://www.earthfootwear.com/ourfootwear/b...-4-casuals.aspx

Diana Ferari also make shoes that are padded inside for extra comfort.

Melbourne_gal

Thanks for your suggestions everyone :) I normally love my Havianas as well, but even they're not comfortable lately. I suspect it's got something to do with limited arch support for my flat feet. And I can't wear Havianas to work anyway... There are some great suggestions here, so I'll be able to do some research now.

Thanks once again.

Edited by Melbourne_gal

Melbourne_gal

Sorry, excuse the double post.

Aimo

I bought some ballet slipper style black sketchers to wear to work, don't look completely awful with the suit and they have the arch support MIL insisted I need.