.Ally.

Young Mums chat thread take #3

CherrySunday

Hi again girls. Sorry I've been so slack, spent most of the last few days organising wedding things so it's all done before we move house.

Managed to book a celebrant, photographer, and dressmaker; oranised cake, researched balloons & flowers, bought DFs suit & shoes and started writing our ceremony/vows. phew...

How's everyone going?

Brooke, are you busy with wedding/naming day? I can't wait to hear all about it!

Ada*, we never really had this huge urge to marry either, but DF felt that it might be a nice time to get engaged after DD was born, and we love the idea of surprising everyone with a wedding (especially since they've been asking constantly about when the wedding is!)

Ash, I hope Coopers eczema clears up very soon :(

Loving all the baby piccies!!

B.M.C.M.I.E

Just a quick one from me.

Erin - CONGRATULATIONS! I hope it all goes smoothly and I can't wait to see photos of the big day (for all of you!)

DF and I are arguing over whether to stay where we are or move. We had some douchebag go through my car the other night when DF ran up the street in his car. I'd left it unlocked so DF thinks that's why, I'm just thankful no windows got smashed. They took nothing, I tend to keep nothing valuable in my car for that very reason! A broken GPS and a bluetooth phone thing that we don't use was all that was in the car and they didn't take either. I was inside with the girls and he pulled up to see my passenger door wide open and the contents of my consoles on the front seats.

A similar incident happened 6 months ago. DF ran up to the servo late one night for milk and two guys tried to break in while I was in bed and the girls were asleep in the next room. I was VERY lucky as both our back doors were unlocked and open (hot night). I almost let them in when I heard noises and went to open the front door before realising DF has his keys and would just use them so he didn't disturb the kids. The dog stopped them accessing the back doors and they heard me on the phone hysterical to DF and ran off.

DF now wants to pack up and move but if we do, we'll move back to our home suburbs which is double the rent we pay now. It means no uni for me because I'll HAVE to work. We won't have a choice in it. We were also going to buy here next year, so we won't be paying off our own home for YEARS.. Until the kids are all in school and I can afford to work full time.

OK so that wasn't such a short post. Just trying to wrap my head around WTF we're going to do.

dorkalicious

Great pics everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA ... Atticus sleeping is still very poor but I have also been busy with the wedding/naming day stuff AND we just got rescued an adorable kitten from the RSPCA that i am house training.

Erin: sounds like you are on top of things!!! We have everything arranged now.... just need to pay the catering bill and try to keep my mouth shut for the next 3 weeks!

Beck thats a tough one with the house :( I can see both your DFs point and yours. Is there any middle ground? Perhaps another suburb thats a bit safer but not as expensive as your home burb?

SAHM: I'm not technically one ATM as I am still on maternity leave but I'm not returning to fulltime work. DF isn't a big earner (I actually earn more than him in my job :( ) so i will prob look into doing some night work to help out... living in the country and renting also helps a lot!

Hope Coopers eczema has cleared up?

Sorry if I missed anyone... heads a bit all over the place.... really need some caffeine now!

B.M.C.M.I.E

Brooke - 19 days!! It's coming up quickly!! I'm hoping to convince DF to stay in this suburb but on the other side, either that or make some changes to the property to make it a little safer and less of a target. My cousins Mum lived in this actual house for 4 years before us and didn't have a single incident. Though if the douchebags in the area knew they were older and have seen us coming and going, that might be why they think they're more likely to get something out of us.

DF has agreed to let me enroll Chloe into kinder up here (enrollments start next week!) so that's a start.

dorkalicious

Need updates from everyone! Don't want the thread to die!

Great to hear about your DF letting you enroll Chloe, Beck! Worth considering making the house more secure I think!

Atticus sleep has been improving - thank god! But i just noticed a tooth bud yesterday so I'm hoping that wont throw him out :(

Wedding is getting so close... starting to panic that things wont be organised or run smoothly but looking forward to my Aunt getting here... she lives in London but is coming over to visit and attend 'the naming day' ;) lol

CherrySunday

Oh, sorry Brooke! I've been busy, running around visiting people, and shopping for our 'naming day':p and doing some nappy stuff too.

So glad Atticus is sleeping better for you. I hope the tooth doesn't wreck things - it hasn't seemed to for Evelyn. She's been trying to have this tooth erupt for about 10 days, and it's taking it's sweet time!

I hope you can just relax about the wedding - I'm sure it will all go fine. I read the best thing the other day: 'on the night before your wedding, give it all to the gods. Anything that might go wrong will probably only be noticed by you!' (I sure hope this is true!)

Congrats on the kitten :)

Beck, I'm sorry you're having trouble in your area - good news about the kinder enrollment though. I hope the situation improves in the neighborhood.

Hello everyone else! Pop in and say hi! :waves:

We've been a bit busy around here (well, I have - DF seems blissfully ignorant to all my rushing around :dry: ).

On top of the naming day/engagement party (secret wedding) we're moving house in 4 weeks - so I have to start packing, have to change our address with pretty much everyone we've ever dealt with, disconnect/reconnect electricity, internet etc. :yawn:

Then I feel guilty that I'm not doing things with Evelyn, sure, I talk to her & meet her needs all day, but the last fortnight or so we've hardly read any books, been for walks, or just played together :(

Hopefully the next few weeks will fly by & we'll be moved in and able to give Evelyn my full attention again.

gosh, being a Mum is hard - emotionally exhausting!

B.M.C.M.I.E

Erin, all the chaos is only temporary and I'm sure Evelyn won't hold it against you. If you're struggling to find time to read to her etc. why not try a music CD with some nursery rhymes on it?

I think DF's willing to consider staying here as he's just repainted the loungeroom roof, painted a feature wall in the lounge & moved the TV over there. Patched the rest of the lounge (cracks and such) and is letting me start on painting the nursery next weekend :wub:

He wouldn't put money and effort into the house if he was adamant we were leaving.

We still need a creamish paint for the rest of the lounge and the nursery (lounge and nursery are having the same feature wall which is the only paint we have atm). Will get onto that during the week :D

Mung bean

Hi young mums, my name is Alanna I am 21 going on 22 - I am expecting my first in May with my partner.

I am Sydney girl, any Syd mums out there?

Live.Love.Learn

Hey guys I'm still around, just busy!

Will try jump on tomorrow xo

CherrySunday

yyoooooooo hooooooooooooo......????????

TotesFeral

Hi everyone.

Sorry I'm still around! Been very busy with organising wedding stuff and doing tafe work. Also now trying to keep up with a baby that is officially rolling all over the place and getting into everything!!!

Hope the packing and organising is going smoothly for you Erin. Don't feel guilty about Evelyn, you have a lot on your plate at the moment and I guarantee you are spending as much time with her as you possibly can.

Hope everyone else is well!

B.M.C.M.I.E
:waves:

bubbanme

I'm here!! Nothing much exciting to report though. Not sure if ive said in a previous post.. but Ada has been crawling for about 3 weeks now and omg do i have my hands full... she is getting into everytttthing!! God help me when she can walk!!! Just been reading the thread 'sh*t my kids ruin' and completely horrified at some of the stuff that could happen to me!!! :lol:

Hope everyone is well and hope the wedding planning is coming along nicely :)

B.M.C.M.I.E

That thread is awesome! I'm trying to hunt down the photos I took a few weeks ago but I can't remember which camera they're on (mine, my phone or DF's phone).

CherrySunday
Just been reading the thread 'sh*t my kids ruin' and completely horrified at some of the stuff that could happen to me!!! :lol:

Ahhh, me too!! Hilarious, but scary!

MelC2011
Hi I'm Mel and I'm expecting my 1st baby in October 2011. I'm 18 years old and I really need advice, please?

CherrySunday

Hi Mel, welcome & congratulations on your pregnancy!

What kind of advice are you after?

Edited by tigerfan

TotesFeral

Welcome Mel and Alana(sorry I missed your post back there).

What kind of advice are you looking for? Ask anything you want, I'm sure we can help!

I finally got a really great photo of Addison smiling!!!

P3101180.jpg?t=1299839329

So I decided to get it printed onto a canvas as a birthday present from her to me :D

Oops sorry the photo is huge and I don't know how to resize!

I think my little baby is going to be on the move soon. :cry: Why do they grow up so fast.

B.M.C.M.I.E

Welcome Alanna & Mel!

I spent today patching up some annoying cracks in the babies room, about to go and do some sanding so we can start painting tomorrow :wub:

doubledee

Just leaving my mark, welcome to the new comers :waves:

:ninja:

ETA - Oh, for those of you in here that have a mortage how much are your repatments weekly? and with what you earn a week what would that be in a percentage? Its ok if you find that too personal and don't want to answer. Its just DH and I have been looking to buy for three years now, we've found something we love but its a bit more then what we had been looking at, now with only DH's income (which will only keep going up as he finishes apprenticship in a couple of months) were just unsure on how much will be too much. :)

Edited by doubledee

Madhouse!!

were building our house - our mortgage will be about $280000 with repayments near $500 that is about 60- 70% of dp wage - i am currently working too though so its baout 45 - 50%

CherrySunday

looks like the thread is dying again :(

dorkalicious

Hi everyone! and the newbies:D

Mel: what advice are you after? PM if you prefer but we would all love to help you! Was your pregnancy planned? My sister fell pregnant unplanned at 17 and if it makes you feel any better she now has 2 beautiful kids, a wonderful fiance and is studying PT and loving life!

Sorry i have been so slack! Been crazy busy with wedding stuff and Atticus is teething really badly. PLUS had to extend my mat leave and organise some other PT night work... still working on this!

Hope the thread doesnt die!

Live.Love.Learn

Sorry I have been slack AGAIN!

DD - You know roughly our income + mortgage repayments.. but its around 40% I think?

Erin & Brooke - how are the wedding plans going? and how are you both going with sleeping?

BMCM - Yay for setting up bubs room, so exciting :)

KMA - cute photo! I love smiley photos!

AFM - Well we had Cooper rushed to hospital the other day. He came up with a very scary looking rash that kept spreading up to his face really quickly, it looked horrible, all red & blistery kind of. Called our paed & he met us at the hosp straight away (been seeing him cos of Coopers eczema). He says Cooper developed an allergic reaction to his cream so we are on a new one now & his eczema is clear!! YAY! His sleeping still hasn't improved although last night he did a 5 hour stint which was AMAZING.

CherrySunday

Yay! replies!

Brooke - You must be so excited about this weekend! I hope it's all come together for you, and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Ash, wedding plans are going alright. There's not too much left to do now, and I'm going to sort it all out after we've moved. We'll just keep working on the ceremony for now.

Sleeping is better too. Evelyn seems to have dropped her morning sleep and goes for an 80-90 minute sleep around lunchtime, which means I have a minute to myself! Nights are good too, she wakes 2 or 3 times with fairly big gaps in between.

I'm sorry you had so much trouble with Coopers skin - I'm glad it's all okay now, but you must have been so worried!

Been packing a little bit, and doing lots of running around. Doing lots of nappy stuff too. Had markets with Tam on the weekend, and left Evelyn with DF for 7 hours :o - she was fine (slept 2 hours!!), DF was fine, I was worried sick, and came home with exploding boobs ;)

Also did a demo for my rhyming connections group, and got a nice order from the group leader, and have a party this weekend!

So busy...

Has anyone else been doing the nappy hunt?

I hope everyone is doing okay! Would be great to hear from you all :D

Edited by tigerfan