.Ally.

Young Mums chat thread take #3

Live.Love.Learn

Beck I want to cry! That all sounds perfect :D how exciting. Far out I hope I can have a vbac next time... Awwww :wub:

Rumour has it..

Aww that sounds like a perfect birth... so lovely! :wub:

dorkalicious

Sounds wonderful Beck! and absolutely DIVINE pics :wub:

Ahhh you are making me so super clucky!!!

Ash- he has 5 teeth with another 2 cutting at the moment! They are quite cute but he likes to really chew things so I have to keep an eye on bottle teats and dummies etc. He loves a bit of meat to bite on :D

doubledee

BECK - CONGRADULATIONS, her name it beautiful, your labour was too perfect and the photos are just precious. Reading your storey makes me want another baby right now and then another 5 after that!!

AFU - DH and I BROUGHT A HOUSE!!! We take over August 22 and we CAN NOT WAIT!!! It was so spare of the moment thing, we wern't even looking and it just happened. I'm really excited!!!

Layla just turned 9 months and I want to start planning her 1st birthday already, lol. I'm so excited to entertain in our new house.

Hope everyone else is well.

i adore

hi,

beck- congrats on your gorgeous baby and perfect birth, tried to add you on fb , i'm susan bell

doubledee thats so exciting that you bought a house.how do you become an expert member?

afm- had my 24th birthday on monday- where does the time go? i went shopping and got some well needed new clothes, as I have very little for my post bub body, have to get back on the losing weight wagon as I have fallen off with all this cake and people shouting me birthday meals. I have quick labours 4.5 hours and 3.5 hours with gordon.

all your babies look so cute. I'll upload some photos soon.

B.M.C.M.I.E

i adore - I wasn't sure who it was so left it sitting there, will accept now :)

DD - WOOHOO!!! Congratulations, I hope the move goes well.

So far, so good. We had a rough night Friday night. Isabelle just wouldn't stop feeding, wouldn't stop sooking (probably cos she just wanted to feed) and wouldn't sleep. My nipples are pretty cut up so I was in tears just needing an hour or two for them to rest. DF knicked up to get a dummy and she took it without a problem and DF let me sleep for 2 hours. After that she had a more decent feed and slept for us.

Her feeding has gone back to normal and she was much happier today and yesterday. She had about 30 minutes awake time this morning (she's only had 2-3 mins at a time since birth!) so she's slept through her feed by almost an hour. Will wake her soon as I'm so full and sore!

Had my first big solo time with more then just Isabelle last night. DF took Chloe but left me with Isabelle and Maddy. They were both angels for me which was lovely. Fast asleep and in bed by 8.30, DF got home at 9.30 and I put Chloe to bed aswell.

I'm so glad to have DF home, he's been fantastic but I am a little worried about when he goes back to work. The house is functioning because he's home to help. If Isabelle has a good day, I'll manage just fine but I know if she's having a bad day and in my arms all day then the house work will build up and the girls will miss out on one-on-one time. 8 weeks and DF starts his new job too, off interstate driving trucks... Looking forward to the money but starting to get a little nervous about being solely responsible for three little people, a household and myself for 90% of the week.

dorkalicious

Beck glad to hear you managed some rest and sounds like Isabelle is doing quite well for a little one! I can definitely understand your nervousness about DF being away so much for work.... I'm not sure I would handle that now with just 1 let alone 3 babies! But I guess women (and especially mothers) always seem to find a way to cope don't we? If the money is going to be quite good as you hinted- can you get a cleaner? They are actually not that expensive for say once a week to do the big tasks. Might take some pressure off? I guess my only suggestion would be to make use of DF when he is home and use that time to cook up big and freeze. Hopefully that way if you are as prepared as possible you wont have too much housework build up.....

Suz- I too fall off the weight-loss wagon- but it is a never ending issue for me :( I just cant kick my sweet tooth habit!

Whats news with everyone else? Updates please! :p

Also I am feeling left out of all this FB love so please add me- click HERE

Kara- love the pics of Addison! Especially the one where she is reaching for camera- very cheeky! :D

doubledee- congrats on the house! DH is so keen for us to buy one but I want out big Europe trip first. I've been planning Atticus' 1st birthday since 6 months lol We have finally settled on a theme- I think lol "A is for Atticus" - all guests (young & old) to come dressed as something beginning with A

AFU: Atticus is cruising along the furniture and keen to stand solo but hasn't really got the balance yet so lots of falls :rolleyes:

I think I am getting used to working again- I just do Mondays & Fridays but now Uni is back for me (I'm only doing 1 unit thank god) so keeping busy. Its my birthday in a little over a week and have 3 different celebrations as I am making up for last year. Being 6 months pregnant, fat & hormonal I refused to see anyone and declared that I'm old and my life is officially over! HAHA drama queen much? So I am partying this year including a night in Melb with my BFF- will be the first time I've spent the night away from DS :unsure:

PS- Beck you have made me so clucky- today in the supermarket there was a newborn girl- cant have been more than a week old and I could not stop staring at her. If I hadn't had DS with me (therefore proof of my motherness and hence suggesting cluckiness rather than stalkerness) I'm sure her mother would have though I wanted to kidnap her...... and maybe I thought about it ;)

Edited by mymockingbirdboy

B.M.C.M.I.E

Brooke - LOL @ wanting to kidnap the newborn. I'm feeling ridiculously lucky at the moment with how well all three of the girls are coping. I know it might not (and probably won't) last so I'm enjoying every moment of giggles, cuddles and kisses while they last.

I hope you have an awesome time for your birthday! I was pregnant for my 18th and my 21st so couldn't even have a small drink to celebrate. Go Atticus cruising the furniture!! They grow up so quickly.

With Michael's new job, he SHOULD be home every second or third night and every second or third FULL weekend (Friday night to Sunday). I'm super worried about night times. I scare VERY easily and am worried I won't be able to sleep which means I'll be running on empty during the day. I'm going to get some more baby gates for the rooms and if I put one on our bedroom door, our Jack Russell will be moving inside at night. He'll probably trash my house though as he chews on everything but if it means I can rest a bit easier, I'll deal with that later.

B.M.C.M.I.E

Added Isabelle to my UN and felt all mushy :wub: Just wanted to share lol.

TotesFeral

I hope you have a good birthday this time round Brooke!.

This saturday night is my hens night! I'm so excited.

I've also added you to facebook Brooke

dorkalicious

Thanks for sharing the Fb love everyone!

Oooh hens night Kara?! I'll have a drink for you1 Hope its a good one :)

Beck- I felt all mushy reading your sig :wub:

No news here- enjoying some half price Tim Tams and the latest True Blood ep now that bubba is in bed :D

CherrySunday

Added you to FB too Brooke :)

Hope your birthday is great this year.

Been totally absent again, sorry. We're trying to help Evelyn sleep better using the No Cry Sleep Solution, and I'm a bit knackered physically & emotionally.

Being selfish & not doing any personals right now - feeling a bit down. Sorry.

I'm glad everyone seems to be doing well - I hope it continues!

xx

E

dorkalicious

Hey Erin - I used some of the methods in that book to help Atticus sleep better. It took a long time- being the gentle method- but it did eventually help. So try not to get too down- hopefully better sleep is just around the corner xxxx

Live.Love.Learn

I would love to know more about the 'no cry sleep solution' I am quite over 2 hourly feeding to be honest... very draining!

dorkalicious

Ash- its a really terrific book by Elizabeth Pantley- most bookstores have it or you can get online. Definitely worth buying! She offers many different solutions (all gentle- no leaving to cry etc) that you can tailor to suit your situation.

It's not a miracle worker- nothing is - but it did really help us. Because it is gentler intervention it does take a while for progress so you have to be patient.

Roobear

Ok girls I am such a stalker but I think I have now finally found some confidence to join :)

So I am Abby and I have Claire who is almost 6 months.

Congratulations BMCMI on Isabelle Jade. Gorgeous name :wub:

LLL - I remember you from TTC#1 buddy group :) I have read No cry sleep solution as well and really recommend it. Her methods are very gentle.

Looking forward to getting you know you all.