Sign in to follow this  
Sandra

October 04 Parents # 218

lostmyid

Pam, it was a lunging whip...about 1 1/2 long with the same again in lash length. He was trying to get Angus to stop spraying window snow stuff. Yay! 2 wrongs and now Angus is going to go to school with lash marks on his back, chest and nect. And even better, it's swimming lessons in the morning so the world will see that he's been whipped. And this after I had to go and explain that the boys have been playing with matches last week. Pick the seemingly abusive parent!

GIO

Oh crap Nik - I was still writing my post when yours appeared so I didn't see it.

Must be a brother thing.

Does everyone remember MelB - well one of her sons stabbed the other in the hand with scissors and it needs surgery. Just one of those boy fights that got nasty. Poor Mel (and son!).

lostmyid

I'm just at my wits end. Andrew told me that 'boys will be boys' but what am I meant to do? Aren't I meant to protect them from pain/suffering/injury and the like? I'm failing at protecting them from each other.

BTW - I've given up on my floors.

Pam*B

It's one thing to blame dangerous or overly aggressive behaviour on testosterone, entirely another to excuse it. You're spot on in believing it has to be dealt with.

lostmyid

Well I'm taking him to the school psych...maybe that will help?

Edited by lostmyid

Pam*B

Is this sort of behaviour a regular thing? If yes then it can't hurt.

lostmyid

Well the whipping is a first. He has a real problem with consequence. He knows what he wants to happen and will do what it takes to achieve that goal and then everything else doesn't matter.

It's like a piece of his brain hasn't switched on. He's not malicious or cruel...he just wanted Angus to stop spraying the snow so in his head the end justified the means. Does that make sense?

GIO

Maybe. It might just be normal. I mean you grew up with only sisters so you wouldn't know either.

I used to hit my brother occassionally. I think I chased him around the house with a knife once (didn't stab him though).

I've got a bit of a headache today, so I passed on the school picnic thing. Ty has taken them and given me a few hours childfree.

littleman

my brothers were horrible to me..but you get that:) no stabbing or whipping though..gee sounds like a Rhianna song S & M!

Not much happening here, didnt get to the gym today went to a friends house for a bit.

just done a bit of housework now. Also finished some of etanas stuff for easter...even though it mid to late april lol.

cant belive how fast thismonth has gone:(

GIO

I know, it's almost Vanessa's birthday.

We went to drive in last night first time since I wa a kid. We went with a few others so I just sat and drank wine and gossiped - didn't actually get around to watching the movie.

Bram doing better at kinder. No tears this week.

Although he is exhausted. He has gone from having a sleep once, maybe twice a week, to having one every day. Thurs night he fell asleep at 5.30 and slept trhoough (wet my bed though).

So cute.

Oh and I've found the answer to Henry's dawdling. He now rides his bike up the street. And he does really, really well (it's a steep hhill). So that's pretty ace.

Bram still isn't confident enough on two wheels to ride up there, but he's only just turned three, so I guess that's normal.

My period was 5 days late last month, 3 days early this month. Driving me mental.

It's been over 7 years since I had periods, so I guess my body doens't remember what to do. Still b/feeding too.

Winnie The Pooh

Hey Amanda, :secret: Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone, but it's tomorrow, you know, 28th February :whistle:

GIO

No it isn't. It's another year away.

Hey, funny story. Our friends were on the way to the Drive inn. Mum, dad in front seat. Three kids in back seat. Two extra adults in the very back two seats.

Drive into bottle shop on the way.

Attendant comes to passengers window but she didn't want anything.

Turns around and asks "What do you guys want?"

Answer "Couple of Jim Beam, couple of cruisers"

But it had looked like she'd asked the 6 & 3 year olds what they wanted. The attended refused until they explained that there's actually adults right up the back and it's for them.

Pam*B

:rofl: what kind of moron thinks a 3&6 year old would even know about jim beams and cruisers to ask for them?

lostmyid

Dropping Angus at school today I had to tell them about his black eye (thank you Aila) and the huge bruise on his arm (from getting his upper arm stuck in between the slats of his bed). After the lash marks last week I think that I've been pegged as the negligent parent.

GIO

Gawd, poor Angus.

Parent teacher interviews last night. Lydia perfect student, blah blah. LoL

We've put J in the kids' room. Big mistake. She's been waking them up in the middle of the night. They are beside themselves with tiredness.

So Ty bought a pull out couch and we trialling her in loungeroom in her cage. She loves it so far although hasn't had to spend a night on it yet. But she crawled straight up to it and sat on it, pulled her brothers onto it for a wrestle! LOL.

Ciao

A

lostmyid

Amanda, Aila is still in her cot beside my bed. No point moving her...it's not like I have anywhere else to stick her, lol.

GIO

Hey, how weird is this.

Mum and dad are minding mum's friend's daughter's boyfriend's dog for a few nights.

Won't have the grandchildren, but will have some random dog.

Got a headache today, shouldn't be reading or writing.

GIO

Plus - she rang today to say she was going to the dentist and then wanted to come here and walk up and pick up Lydia from school. The house was a mess but luckily I knew she didn't mean it so I didn't try to clean up as I felt crap - and didn't act surprised when she rang to cancel.

Anyway, enough of me.

Bram going better at kinder. He did ask me if I could stay for a bit when we were going today but I said no, and he just shrugged his shoulders as though to say "Well it was worth asking"

So cute.

I should lap it up.

One day I'm gonna be the dorky mum that they will pretend not to know.

Winnie The Pooh
:unsure:

Pam*B

*crickets*

littleman

i have been so busy, heaps going on here atm..anyway shall come back another time for a proper caht, in the middle of housework lol:) just finihed mowing the lawn too:)

Edited by littleman

GIO

I've never met a woman who loves mowing as much as you Sharon. I'm terrified of it. I'm a bit fussy and l like long lines so Ty has to do it a particular way, plus we have uneven land so it's hard to push, and we have a tiny, house which means more lawn - lol so it takes him a good few hours.

Is yours easy?

I just remember even when you were pregnant you used to mow, I was so impressed with you.

Well not much happening here - apart from the fact that we're outta here! LOL.

We have painted the kitchen to tart it up a bit. OK for us to live here like this, but you know, can't expect tenant to live with it. Just need to find a nice paint for the laminate benchtop - just something to last a few years when hopefully we'll be back here and doing up the whole kitchen!

All the walls need a good sugar soap too. Eeek.

Then the plan is to move into FILs in first week of May, and let this place out.

Pam*B

You're going for a few years??? WOW! I thought like 6 months or something!

Your FIL will be outta his mind with excitement you all moving in I'll bet.

I've never mowed. I'm scared of the mower. Just the thought of being that close to a rotating slicing thing makes my legs go all funny :lol:

GIO

No the plan is to go away for 6 months but update the kitchen in a few years.