Sandra

November 04 Parents # 697

Tombi

Yay for me!

Hola ladies...

H turns 40 on the weekend and I'm whisking him off to Buenos Aires (no kiddies) for tango, food, polo and shopping. I'm so excited.

M is doing summer school, swimming, karate, soccer and art. She's having such a ball. Normal school starts mid Feb again. We're still struggling with the attention seeking behaviour, today was a good day, but some days are really hard. Mostly at school, she seems to be ok around us. We're still giving her the benefit of the doubt that it is because of the arrival of the two little ones and all the major life changes, but we are starting to kind of wonder if she is riding it a bit. She's very bright, so we're thinking she might have worked it all out. OTOH, she's only 6, so we're treating it with kid gloves.

B is a character and a half, starting to talk (mama, papa, her own name, bad dog, agua, leche, afuera, mine, mas, Paula etc) a nice mix of Spanglish :)

E is a heartbreaker, he is so friendly and smiley. THe only time we see a temper is when we take too long with his food. He's a hungry boy, still has a bottle at 10pm, 3am ish and then again at around 6. He is eating three meals too, with bottles in between. He's going to be a big boy.

I've received all my handbooks and am ready to start my course when we get from BA. So excited!

xx

Edited by Tombi

Snagglepussed

You have time zones on your side my Love!

Hey! Have to seen that Units are up on UNE Blackboard! I have been quietly freaking out about my work load! eeeks!

May be a little less active on here!

Although I have decided that I am going to do all my Italian Assignments by the end of this weekend so effectively I have only 3 subjects to do! Wise woman that I am!

Edited by Girolama

Tombi

Hey Kim! Yes, I spent most of today printing up my e-reading, making my files pretty and other clever ways to procrastinate from getting started with anything important!

I have my two law subjects (Law of Torts I and Introduction to legal systems and methods) and then my fun subjects are intro to Sociology and intro to Philosophy this semester. I'm really looking forward to get started!

Snagglepussed

We are study buddies! I am doing Socy 100 too! Woot Woot!

Tombi

Yay! We're virtual class mates.

SportySpice

Boo

had a filthy migraine over the w'end.

Pix - how you going - wk 25/26??

busy with work - lots of functions coming up in the following weeks - well fundraisers actually :happy:

bbl

dippinsniffer

Tombi! Lovely to read your news about your fab trip away, kids and study :) . How was life when your mum was here? Besides busy sight-seeing. Yes, ikwym about coming up with all sorts of ways to procrastinate :lol: .

Edited by dippinsniffer

Snagglepussed

That sounds so exciting Dip! Can't wait to see your photos when you get back and hear all about it!

Tombi - How exciting! We can help each other!

At work, just had a quality audit! Ugh! Hate them but he was particularly chatty and nice and it only took about 20 mins - i am so perfect in everyway!

Tombi

:)

Edited by Tombi

dippinsniffer

Hi :waves:

What have you deleted there Tombi :) ??

Edited by dippinsniffer

SportySpice

Morning!

Caro - I'd go if we had the opportunity to move to Darwin (or Perth for that matter :D ), just gets tricky with KHFHDH unfortunately... :o:(

Have to say that sgee's behaviour since back at school as been delightful! Maybe 6 weeks together is just a tad to long these days! ;)

We are talking with her ballet teacher about moving her into Grade 2 "now" - she is due to move up in term 3. She is just sooooooo eager to do her RAD's and get into the Estedford Group (8yo's and up) that we may move her sooner rather than later - but it's dependant on her skills now.... so we'll see what they think!

Her swimming is pretty good ;) and she is just loving nippers! Flute is a hit as well - so all is good in the household atm! :)

DH and I have the w'end coming up w/out sgee - she's off to stupid's - and we're "in love" again! :rolleyes:

busy with work, election stuff is picking up and there is alot (and I mean alot) of anger against Clover atm..... oh well maybe she has run her course... I'm a little disappointed in where she has been headed lately too.

so I had better get back to it!

hope everyone is well and all the kiddies are enjoying being back at school and Yr 1's!

xx

pixiefish

Nipple piercings, Darwin moves, legal studies and golden syrup dumplings! Just a normal week in the 2004 EB world :D

Jules, I love that you got your nipple pierced. I always love hearing adults doing things that just don't fit inside the box :) does dave like it ;) are we still doing our bali trip next year?

Tombi - have fun in BA! how does E go without you? or is this the first time? I remember that kids get like 3 months off in Chile over xmas is that right? such a long holiday, summer school sounds perfect ;)

Been interviewing photographers to help me out with my 4 weddings in March, as I will be quite big by then and might need some help with extra angles and bag carrying (and to cover my ass if god forbid i went into labour which WON'T happen of course)

Been madly nesting and driving everyone crazy. My hubby is kinda laid back in that arena yet reckons he is not, and it is driving me c.r.a.z.y right now. My $4k worth of new stove and oven has been sitting packaged in the dining room for close to 3 mths now and I.JUST.WANT.IT.IN! But he loves doing it the 'wog' way, which is only using the one guy that the family knows, even though he makes everyone wait freaking months to do it. I doubt they even get any great deals either as they have only ever used him for years and have never got quotes from anywhere else so HOW.THE.HELL.DO.THEY.KNOW.THEY.ARE.GETTING.A.GOOD.DEAL! Anyway we have had words and I have threatened to get it done whilst he is away if its not done by next week. Problem is is that he has NO TIME to do any of this stuff, he works really hard and I totally get that... BUT..... he won't admit to not having the time or inclination to do it so as he only has half day off on Sundays, he gets like 1hr of stuff done and anything and everything takes freaking weeks to do. My solution is to outsource everything..... I much prefer just to get it done, minimal arguing and he gets his time off to do stuff that he likes to do... but noooooooo.... so apparently he is going to landscape front and back, repaint this giant house inside, expand driveway from single to double and build a wall to make 4th bedroom upstairs..... all by May 05 :huh: okkaaayyyy

Anyway I am irrational and so is he, so it really is a firey mix right now :rolleyes:

And he just rang me to say he can't pick up kids as planned so can I do it now :evilgrin::rant: arrghh!

Talk laters x

dippinsniffer
But he loves doing it the 'wog' way, which is only using the one guy that the family knows, even though he makes everyone wait freaking months to do it. I doubt they even get any great deals either as they have only ever used him for years and have never got quotes from anywhere else so HOW.THE.HELL.DO.THEY.KNOW.THEY.ARE.GETTING.A.GOOD.DEAL!
Oh my God! Yes! I HAVE to ring around and do all this research to make sure I'm getting a good deal :) and I know a friend who got a friend (the wog way) to do their kitchen and it took monnnths!! They then felt bad to tell them to hurry up so they were stuck with waiting!! Edited by dippinsniffer

Snagglepussed

Gawd Dip - what I would do with your social calendar! Mine is atrociously empty! Poor moi!

Pix - How frustrating that must be! I would outsource myself and although I am married to a wog he is so not like that. He loves doing things himself but he gets right in and does it - a personal bet with himself methinks!

May is going to come around sooooooo fast!

Looking forward to finishing up today as I SO need a weekend (don;t work Fridays) and have not been a very Happy Camper of late (nothing major - I hope) so just cruising along!

Might take the girls for a swim this afternoon to burn off some energy!

Had a PT session this morning and then did a weight in and my body fat % is 41.9!!!!! WTF is THAT about! What a rude bleedin' shock THAT was.......... back to the pavement tomorrow morning for me I fear!

SportySpice

Morning

yay Friday!

sgee with stupid for the w'end... :(

I think DH is taking me to Sugarcane for dinner :D

Pedicure on Sat arvo - a very very rare event for me and "new hair" on Monday - the sun and surf have given me a real blondeeee beacheee look - but the ends are dreadful and not a good look with re-growth! :o Will move back to chocolate brown for the cooler months and may look to shaping into a bob!

back to work

love to all xx

mamabetty

Sounds nice Maz. I went a bit darker this time too. Blonde but with some darker caramel bits to make it look more naturale! I really need a pedicure too. Might spoil myself with one.

Zac is still unsettled at school. :( Every morning he says he doesn't want to go. :( I had a chat with his teacher and let her know and she said he is really quiet but otherwise fine. She's going to watch him at lunch time and make sure everything is ok for him socially out in the playground. Academically he's doing fine and she says he is really bright. :) His little mate in his class is coming over this arvo and staying for a sleep over and they are both sooooo excited they probably wont' get any work done today! :rolleyes:

Max if his usual wonderful self and loving his new teacher. He got student of the week last week and got voted in as Class Rep so he's mega excited about that. :D Both boys have signed on for soccer and we are sponsoring the Under 11 teams so our business name will be on the shirts - fancy! :8

OK I'm finishing up some work. Tired today, woke at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep. I am having extremely vivid and realistic dreams atm - usually featuring mum or dad. Weird thing is I hardly ever used to dream about my dad and now I am all the time. It's coming up for 2 years for mum on the 24th - can you believe that? Still miss her every day. :(

OK back to work.........

Snagglepussed

I can't believe it's been 2 years already Jodes!

Wow my Mum has been gone almost 8 years......and Dad 4!!!! Waaahhhhhh!

Had a beautiful day with a very old friend from school who now lives a good hours drive away and so don't get to see her that much....but we are so intune that even if we don't see each other for months on end we just pick up from where we left off!

Went to Curl Curl and had a swim in the most glorious crystal clear surf then we went and had grilled fish and salad on Dee Why Beach! Great chats and now I am more of a Happy Camper as she was my sounding board for some crap going down at the mo!

I love pedicures and last saturday I had the most wonderful facial and omnilux light treatment.......was a real joy getting out of that horrific heat......am going to do them more often as even hubby noticed a difference in my skin afterwards! Bliss! And believe me I need all the help I can get!

SS - Tell me about Sugarcane! I am a restaurant "Know NOTHING"...is it hoi poloi and all posh and lovely? If so.....enjoy!!!!

Having a nice quiet evening with hubby but at this point he is stuck in a huge traffic jam! Grrrrr.... All good plans and all that!

SportySpice

A Sunday post!!

Kim - Sugarcane is in Surry Hills and Thai - hustle bustle and fabulous. Seats about 60 - did a quick calculation and stuff - menu is fab and the food was sensational - they have a website - take a look!

DH is in the middle of taking down the old fence - which is just some creamy coloured board with framing behind. We're going to do horizonal fencing panels and then stain in the same as the back bi fold doors. He's pulling it down this w'end, next w'end he has a builder friend coming over to put it all up AND then the FOLLOWING w'end.... the cubby house is going in for sgee! I'll be taking her down the coast for most of the time so when we come back we can say that "santa' had been and look....! :D;)

she'll be home around 4pm this arvo and I'm just lazy about - for a change. Lots of functions in the coming weeks so thats going to take up a lot of my time.

Other than that - all good in the household

hello to everyone and love to all

xx

dippinsniffer

Hello :)

Jodie, hopefully Zac will settle in soon :) . Twill be good having his friend from class over, so they can develop a stronger bond in school which will make him happier. When DD started kindergarten last year, it took her about 2mths to settle in.

Yes, I can only imagine how much you miss your mum :( .

Kim, you wouldn't want my social life with uni in the mix :) . Btw, sorry to hear you've had some "crap" going on ... feel free to use us as sounding boards too :) .

Yes, with a good facial, I've been able to notice a difference (a 'glow' and more even tone) in my skin which lasts almost a fortnight!

Edited by dippinsniffer

dippinsniffer

Nic, boys settling into pre-school and school? You settled into school life too?

*Caro*

Hey dudes

you guys have been chatty. I've had the kids all weekend on my own, as DH went to his parents place on Saturday, stayed there Sat night, drove to Sydney with his dad on Sunday, picked up a new car (another people mover!!), gave his dad the old magna and drove the new car home today. Oh and he had an hour long "discussion" at the dealership about payment etc. Joys! :rolleyes: Anyway, we are now the proud owners of not one but 2 people movers :lol: Will be very handy for now, as I'll be able to get my car serviced etc, and will be necessary for when I go back to work, so both of us can do drop off, pickup etc.

Zahra starts preschool tomorrow. She is so excited; she is going to love it!! :D

Dip, yes, I should be free when you are in Canberra to catch up :)

Jodes, I hope Zac settles soon. He was ok last year, wasn't he? We have had a few tears from Em, but not too bad. She is just a bit anxious at drop off.

Kim, is it even possible to be 40-something% fat?? Sounds high to me, but what would I know!! :rolleyes: If it makes you feel better, I am desperately trying to get fit, and I'm using you and a few others I know as a bit of inspiration. I mean, if you can do wth work and study and kids, there is no excuse for me! I'm hoping to visit a few gyms this week to check them out. I was going to visit 3 last week, but only managed 1 - I hope this isn't a sign of how I'll go if I actually join one!

Ok, my eyes are hanging out of head after a bad night with Hugo. He is a weird little bugger - he had a dreadful night last night, then this morning he put himself to sleep without a peep and slept for 3 hours, and then tonight at bedtime he screamed for an hour, despite me there trying to settle him. We're making some headway with him, but boy am I glad he is my last baby!!!!

manhattan

Hey Caro, so do you own 8 carseats now, too?! :D

I need to stick my toe back into the posting waters. Just feeling crazy busy all the time!

xx

Snagglepussed

Caro - well apparently so! The normal range for women in their 40's is 25 - 33% so I guess it IS possible! One must not forget the power of the breast tissue! I am SURE I have 8 kilos sitting just there in those two puppies! LOL Anyway.....

Do you REALLY need a gym? I have found that they really are not necessary and how hard will it be for you to get too with small kiddies in the mix.....Yesterday morning Hubby went for a run and while the kids palyed I did a circuit of skipping rope, stepping up 100 times (alternate legs) on the porch step......hand weights and abdominals and went at it like a bull at a gate until hubby came back so about 40/50 mins in total! I was in a right sweaty state!!!!! All without leaving home!

I so have a gym membership (which I regret) so I do go there at least 2 times a week but really......they are a rip off at the end of the day! UNLESS of course you are wanting to get out of the house for some quality ME time!

Anyway - Happy Valentines to all for today! Hope you get spoiled! Cheers all!

Edited by Girolama

SportySpice

Happy Valentines Day gals! xx

Kimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hmmm - can I just suggest that to bring your body fat down - I know this is going to kill me to say, but prob worse for you - but no alcohol for say 4-5 weeks?? If you cut it out completely and eat sensibly - which I know you do - and with all the extra moving you are doing it will start to shift. Remember that as we get older they reckon we put on 1 kg per year around that mid 40 yo mark - which is me - so I'm just starting to move alot more. Also - to really be successful at working out and weight loss - the workouts have to be high intensity - if you can do 20mins high intensity each day and no alcohol - you'll loose 4-5 kilos over 5-6 weeks. I do high intensity boxing sessions and sprint training now - and just body weight stuff.

got new hair today - pic on fb!

gotta do house stuff!

love to all xx