Sandra

May 2010 Parents Group #6

JJ98

SILVER!

Wow that is a big list - so where is everyone?

Hope everyone is going well

JJ

Edited by JJ98

chris08

Bronze, wow haven't been on here for ages. How is everyone coping with the teething and sleepless nights?

Chris08

sharkie81

(.) (.) Prize!

Hi everyone,

It has been positively AGES since I have checked this thread. How is everyone going?

We're doing well. Alex has 8 teeth, crawls REALLY fast now, pulls up to standing and cruises around on furniture, "finger walks" short distances and has recently started babbling his version of sentences.

His sleep wasn't great for a good while there (due to so many teeth coming through in the past 4 months) but we're back to waking only once per night now which is so manageable.

Eating is going really well. He doesn't refuse anything- which accounts for his 10.5kg in weight!

I returned to work full time for 7 weeks just before Christmas. It was a contract position and it just ended, so now I am looking for some part time work (as I found full time too hard). DH has been off work since November being a SAHD and LOVES it!

Is anyone else starting to think about their babies' 1st birthday parties? I think we might do a BBQ in the local park.

Will be sure to check this thread more often from now on! :)

Oswyn

Hi ladies & babies!!

Chris - teething is happening for us at the moment! Matilda now has 2 teeth and we had a few sleepless nights because of them, but we are getting back to normal now, for the time being at least!

sharkie -Wow, sounds like alex will be walking in no time! Matilda is cruising the furniture now too! I've been thinking about where to have DDs 1st birthday party, we would have loved to be able to have it at our new house, but construction still hasn't commensed as there has been lots of hold ups, we still don't have our land titles yet! What are you thinking abut doing for Alex's birthday?

We had our 2nd swimming lesson this morning, Matilda absolutely loves it!! She is napping now, so worn out from it!!

...I can hear her stirring, better go!!

Take care all

Kath xx :)

thorneth

Hi Ladies! It's Susil (I've changed my username. Kath, could you update the group list for me please? Thanks! :happy: ) Sorry I haven't been on here for a while, busy with work etc. But I've really been wanting to come back in and say hi! So I'm multitasking - expressing, eating lunch and writing on EB!

I'm glad you enjoyed my PP article - it's great that they published it, it will make a lovely memento for me. And Ben is loving the prize - it's a Chicco activity table that makes LOTS of noise. So good all round :)

Work is going fairly well, although starting to get fairly busy now. Ben is relatively happy at home with his Dad on my work days, although there have been a couple of days when I've gone home early as he's been very upset and wanting a breastfeed. He won't take milk any other way - never has taken a bottle and won't take it from a straw cup, sippy cup etc. So I just express at work to keep comfortable and freeze the milk - maybe he'll take it one day! He's eating plenty of solids and drinking water from the straw cup so I'm not too worried about him not having milk in the day. I do miss him, especially when DH calls and says how they went for a walk and stuff. But when I get home he is sooo excited to see me, which is lovely. He also tries to suck my arm, neck, side, etc. until he can get a breastfeed!

Ben is in a fairly good stage at the moment. His teeth came through - he has six now! And heis feeling much happier. He finally started rolling at 7 months and now rolls all over the place, and has started getting up on all fours and looking to crawl. He can't do it yet though and he gets so frustrated! But it can't be far off. He also makes the most adorable noises at the moment - no real words yet but lots of babble sentences in the sweetest voice!

Anna - how are things going for day sleeps? Ben still falls asleep on the breast, but I can take him off and put him down for a nap which is great. Surprisingly he's fine going to sleep with DH when I'm not around. Maybe you could get your DH to settle her on the weekends and you leave the house? Might be worth a go!

Kath - wow! cruising already! She must be getting into everything :D I think having your cousin as godmother sounds lovely - I don't think age matters for that sort of thing. Did you end up deciding? Teeth definitely hurt them! I don't know how the 'experts' can say they don't. Regardless of their studies, when a bub is cranky and wakeful for days and then a tooth pops through and they are back to normal it's pretty clear what was causing it!

JJ - Ben was constipated too, it was because he wasn't getting enough water with me at work and not having as much breastmilk. Did you find out what was causing it? How are the solids and sleeping going now?

Sharkie - any luck finding part time work? I haven't thought about 1st birthday yet - although it is so close isn't it!? Our babies are getting so big, where did the time go? Have you made any firm party plans?

Well, I'd better get back to work. I start at 7:30 so I can leave by 4:30 to get home in time for the dinner and bed time routine :) Talk to you ladies later! (sooner rather than too much later hopefully!)

Susan

sharkie81

Hi all,

Kath- Mum said I walked at 10 months so I think Alex will likely walk around the same age. He's standing on his own for a few secs at a time now. Re: his first birthday- so far I have decided we will have it in a local park which has a great playground. Will probably just have a BBQ. Am very excited to make his first birthday cake though!

Susan- Ben sounds lovely :) Have you tried mixing EBM into his foods? I am pretty sure you did BLW didn't you? You could still mix it into weetbix or yoghurt to give him some extra energy?

Yes, I am starting a part time job next Monday REALLY close to home which is great. I was getting a bit worried for a while there and we thought DH may have had to return to work but he is very happy to be able to stay at home with Alex for another 3 months.

Well, better go have a shower now that Alex is having his morning nap.

Will check in again soon

thorneth

How exciting Sharkie - Alex must be nearly walking now! Ben is not walking yet, but I think he took his first tentative crawl step forward the other day, so I daresay he will be crawling properly anytime now. He has also worked out how to get into the sitting position from lying down, so is enjoying rolling around and then sitting up where he wants to. I didn't think he was pulling himself up yet, but I think he has done it at least once when I wasn't watching! This morning I left him on the lounge room floor and left a bowl of yogurt for myself on the couch. I then went to the kitchen to get him a cup of water. I heard a clinking - rushed back into the lounge room to find he had managed to get over to the couch and somehow got the yogurt off the couch. It was at the back so he must have pulled up and grabbed it off before sitting back down. There wa yogurt eveywhere - all over the couch, the carpet, and all over him. He was very happily slapping his hands in the yogurt and watching it splash :rolleyes: I think it's time to bring the playpen out!

I am going to make Ben a birthday cake from the Women's Weekly birthday cake book! I am excited too :) I am going to make the number one cake - it looks like it is within my capabilities as a baked ;)

We did/are doing BLW. We have tried giving him EBM mixed with other things, but he often refuses it. Lately I have said to DH to just give him milk in the straw cup at meals and whatever he drinks is fine. He can then have water at other times. He drinks a little of it, so that's something at least.

Yay Sharkie for getting a part-time job close to home! How are you finding it?

Well, that's all from me. Hopefully we get some more of our ladies popping in to catch us up with what they've been doing!

Oswyn

Hi Ladies & Babies!

Long time no post! (and this one will be a quick one!)

I hope you are all well! We have been busy, busy, busy! Planning a surprise birthday fishing charter for my hubby, car troubles, fundraising for our playgroup (I'm the fundrasing coordinator, always putting my hand up for things I don't need to be adding to my workload lol!), planning a christening on the otherside of Oz and a holiday, oh and starting to plan a 1st birthday party! So exciting!

How is everyone elses 1st birthday plans going? Anyone want to share ideas?? I'm thinking a pastel pink & yellow theme, maybe a butterfly cake, and probably in a nature reserve not far from home called Whiteman Park, it's where we had my baby shower. The house we are in is definately not baby friendly! Hunca Munca (gotta get used to that!) I've been looking through the Women's Weekly cookbooks for ideas too! The number 1 cake looks great!

Sharkie, congrats on the job, sounds fab!

I'm about to head off to work this arvo myself. The Tupperware is all packed in the car, just need to get myself ready now. It's nice to be out of the house and earning money, not spending it for a change!

Keep in touch

Kath xx

sharkie81

Hi all,

MummaKath Wow- you sound busy! The 1st birthday ideas sounds great. We're thinking of a party in the local park too. I'm going to make a birthday cake of blocks spelling out Alexander (that's the aim anyway), plan B is a trip to Woolworths for a mudcake :) The job is great- I'm REALLY enjoying it, but DH is going to return to work in just under 2 months time so we are starting to plan daycare for Alex :( We've been offered a spot at our chosen centre, so will gradually introduce him to that over the coming months. I'm not sad for him, I'm sure he will love the activities and interaction with other kids, I just wish I had a money tree and could stay home and be with him all day. But then, I love working too. I wish I had a clone! :)

HuncaMunca Yes, Alex IS walking! He started walking a few days before his 10th month birthday and now walks from room to room- can stop and restart walking without holding onto anything. He's so proud of himself- grins from ear to ear! Is Ben crawling now? The 1 cake is a great idea.

Life is going really well for us lately. Alex has started sleeping really well in the last few weeks- by that I mean I can lay him in his cot and just stand next to it for 5-10mins while he rolls back and forward for a little bit, then lays down on his tummy and puts himself off to sleep while saying "Mum mum mum" :) I don't hear from him again until about 4am when I often feed him and then he wakes up for the day about 6.30am. I have demand BF and fed to sleep and done all the things they say I shouldn't, and there were moments I tried CC but caved within seconds and went to him- so to have him finally sleeping for 9hrs straight is bliss. He's really babbling away now, can point to things with his index finger and gives kisses (open mouthed ones).

Sorry to cut it short here ladies, but I'm going to head to bed. Will pop back in to read your updates soon.

thorneth

Hello ladies - I hope you're all well. We're getting ready for Ben's first birthday in less than a week! I can't believe how close it is. I also can't believe how much he's learned in the last couple of months. Crawling, and now pulling to stand and cruising around everywhere, climbing over things. He's started saying 'daddy' and 'up' (no mummy yet - unfair!) Clapping his hands and waving, bopping around to music, blowing bubbles in the bath, kisses and cuddles. Is there anything cuter than your baby leaning in towards you when you say kisses? He has 8 teeth now as well, and with all the drooling (and lack of sleep) I think the next set can't be far off. He really doesn't seem like a baby anymore at all, he's definitely a toddler. Which is sad and exciting at the same time.

Kath, your birthday theme and plan sounds lovely. We are also having ours in a local park, with a BBQ lunch and a jungle animal theme. Then heading to the zoo for the first time in the afternoon. How is the tupperware going?

Sharkie, so glad to hear Alex is sleeping well for you now. Maybe when Ben starts walking he'll start sleeping properly too ;) Has he started trying daycare yet? How is it going? I'm sure he will love all the activities and interactions with other kids.

Well, I'd better go. DH is meant to be looking after Ben today so I can get some things done, but he's having a shower and Ben is trying to 'help' me type (which means pull off the keys and try to eat them). Talk to you all later - probably after Ben has turned one!

Patcaz

Hi Everyone

Wow, i don't think I have been here in since just after Erin was born :blush: . Time has just disappeared faster than I can blink, and I can't believe our bubba's are all now turning 1.

It has been a full on year with lots going on...day to day life has seemed so busy, but thinking back i couldn't honestly say what took so much of my time.

Erin is an absolute gem, she just surprises, amazes and delights us daily. ATM she has 4 teeth, is crawling and cruising the furniture with lightning speed. She so desperately would love to walk, but is too busy trying to run so hasn't quite established her balance yet. Though she can stand up in the middle of the room, and has taken as many as 4 unaided steps before sitting down, so it shouldn't be too long now. I am yet to hear her say "mummy", but she can say dad, and an-dad (grandad) and babbles constantly in a language that I am sure she thinks we understand. Put her near a telephone and she will yell "hello-lo-lo" at deafening pitch.

I have yet to organise her birthday, but we are also heading north for a few days in the week leading up to her b'day so we will probably end up doing 2 parties for her...a small one with family in Qld and then another back in Sydney with family and friends here. Must get my act into gear and get planning.

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hi :) and also to wish all the little bubs a very happy first birthday (to all those that have already had their b'day and those still to come)

JJ98

Happy Birthday to all the beautiful May 2010 bubs!

Haven't been here for ages, has been too much happening, will try to get back soon for an update on all the 1st birthdays!

Hope everyone is well

JJ

thorneth

Hi everyone - thanks for popping in patcaz and JJ. Patcaz Erin sounds adorable - although what is it with the daddy before mummy? :)

We had a lovely first birthday, in the park with the mother's group babies and some of our friends too. I'll post a photo of our cake too - it turned out well, although the animals looked slightly demented :) Sadly Ben's grandparents couldn't make the effort to be there, but we weren't really expecting them to be. Ben had his needles yesterday and they hardly bothered him! I was very impressed with him being so brave. I was all set to whip out a boob to calm him down but he didn't need it at all. He has also started having a go at standing on his own. The other day he was standing on his own and thought that was a good time to play peek-a-boo with us - which resulted in him falling on his bottom. Very cute! He needs to learn that it's harder to maintain your balance with your eyes closed ;) I've also started asking him to point to things in books etc. (where's the dog? where is his nose?) and if he doesn't know he'll grab my hand and move it to the book so I can point to it for him!

Talk to you all later :)

ETA: cake photo - p4300016.jpg:D

Edited by Hunca Munca

michelle~a

Great Cake!!!

Just popping in to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all those bubs and families:)

Amber was due 31st may so I got to know the ladies here more than the June ladies and still talk to lots of you on FB :)

God Bless!!

michelle~a

I just read your list! WOW

Very cool! I know Kimberly82!

Zac and Amber are friend we met in Mothers group! Zac is just gorgeous :)

CourtA&E

Hi Ladies

Doesn't look like this gets used much anymore, but I thought I would go a head and introduce myself anyway.

Im Courtney, my Hubby and I have two little ones DD Alexis who was 3 in April and DS Ezekiel (Zeke) who was 1 on May 30th.

Hope to chat with you all soon :)

goddessabrosia

I dont think I've ever posted in this thread, I wasn't on EB for a while after AJ was born. How is everyone? What are the babies up to??

Just updating: I've had another baby!! Bliss Lorelai was born 19th May 2011 (almost a year after AJ's original due date) and lets just say its different having three, especially when AJ wants to "play" with the baby LOL

Oswyn

Hi!! Where is everyone??? :huh:

Well, just thought I'd pop in (it's been ages since I have) and was amazed at how little activity there has been in here, you all must be busy or something ;)

Congrats goddessabrosia!!! What a beautiful name!

Anyone else expecting again? -I'm not BTW!

Welcome Courtney & Michelle!

Hunca Munca Ben's cake looks awesome! I made a butterfly cake for Matilda, she loved the icing, but DH & I had to show her how to smash it! She had a wonderful day and so did I!! Happy (belated) 1st Birthday to all our babies! I can't believe it's been over a year already!

Matilda is a very active little girl and is almost running! She loves walking and giggles when she gets to where she is walking to! She also has 10 teeth now (P.S. I hate teething and any 'professional' who says teething doesn't cause pain is full of it!). She is also quite chatty and loves asking 'what's that?' and 'who's that?' while pointing, she has also taught herself how to snap her fingers!! She just figured it out on her own! I couldn't do that untill I was 8 I think!

Sorry to cut it short, but I have to get us ready for swimming lessons and Matilda is having a nap so I'm going to attempt a transfer, fingers crossed she stays asleep!

BBL

Kath x

sharkie81

Hi Kath and everyone else!

It IS quiet in here isn't it? I just read a post by A2 (mod) who was encouraging us to keep active in our old DIG groups instead of communicating on Facebook so I thought I would pop in and see how everyone was doing!

Kath Hope the transfer was successful?! Matilda sounds so cute and how clever being able to snap her fingers!The butterfly cake for her birthday sounds lovely.

Goddessabrosia Wow- you've been busy! I think I am busy with one baby, you put me to shame! Congrats on the arrival of your daughter :)

CourtA&E Welcome! You're right, we don't chat very often, but perhaps we can make a change there. What are your two little munchkins up to?

Hunca Munca Your cake looks great! I bet Ben loved it. Is he standing on his own now? He might even be walking? Isn't it lovely how much they understand from books- they may not be able to say things, but they can understand a lot. Yes, Alex LOVES daycare- he stands at the door from our lounge to the garage in the morning and leans against it until we leave in the morning.

Patcaz How was Erin's birthday? What did you end up organising for her?

AFM Alex is just a delight at the moment. So good in fact we are considering TTC in the next couple of months! Exciting times ahead!

He's sleeping through now perfectly almost every night and goes down without a whimper. He running all over the place, climbing onto chairs, bossing our dog around etc. He absolutely loves daycare and they are a very good centre. He's been on an excursion to watch the trains in the city parklands and he's brought home so many examples of his fine finger painting- our fridge is covered! He never cries when I leave anymore (only did for about 1 week) but he walks me to the door of the nursery and waves goodbye (they teach them this :blush: ). He's not fantastic with words- tends to babble mostly, but he can say mumma, dadda, koda (our dog), and then animal noises (woof, moo, quack and buzzz) thanks to an overly keen interest in animals.

He's got all 4 molars through and his eye teeth are coming through now (does it ever end?).

He self-weaned at about 13 months so he's just having cows milk from a cup now. He weaned quite abruptly really and I kept offering the breast for a few weeks but he'd pull off after a very short time. As draining as it was, I really miss those cuddles now. But I made my goal of 12 months and I can't force him to feed!

He's just delightful and I'm amazed at how much he understands. Would be keen to hear if others are considering adding to their family in the coming months?

Well, best get off to bed. Will be sure to check for updates in here more regularly.

sharkie81

Where is everyone?? Too busy running after 15month olds?? :)

Oswyn

It would seem so sharkie!!!

magicbeans

Hi Everyone! Yep, its definately a lot more fun with a toddler isnt it. We are thinking about TTC#2 after my 30th in March next year. But im still always tired (try to have a nanna nap most days) and not sure if we really should. Pretty much the same as everyone else - teething, walking, giggling, babbling, daycare etc. Loving these warm days after the rain playing in the puddles!! :D

magicbeans

Oh i thought that i might share our "current" routine.

Up anytime from 6-7am (too early IMO)

Bottle and breakfast - who else gives their bub a bottle still? should we stop?

back down by 10am

sleeps for at least 2 hours

Lunch and play

Back down about 3-4pm for 1-2 hours

Dinner

Bath

Bottle

Bed 7-7.30

It doesnt matter what time i put him to bed he still wakes this early.

Its nice having a little bit of predictability now days.

Also DS hates me doing anything ie putting nappy on, cutting his nails, putting clothes on, wiping his face. - Any tips??