Sandra

February 08 Parents # 79

Tetinks

GOLD!

babybump2

SILVER!

YAYYYYY Claire! So happy to hear your great news :happy: xxx

babybump2

and yes where is Amanda?? Come back! Poor QLDer's now having to brace for the cyclone!!!

mygorgeousboy

YAY Claire!!! Congrats xo Dr H is so nice. He really made P's birth perfect and i would love to go back to him one day. (if we go back for 3) :happy:

Gotta run got so much happening today and its DH's first day back at work after 2 weeks off so i'm flying solo. :)

RedsGirl

Fabulous news Claire!!! Hope it is all very uneventful for you from here on in!!!

~Simply*Blue~

So happy for you Claire, it's so nice when you see the heartbeat for the first time :)

Jai's going great, 2 weeks old today! Kinda wierd because I would have had him yesterday and I'm not actually due for another 2 weeks.

DS1 started school this week, I'm so sad about it. I'm making sure I spend as much time with the others as I can now that I've realised how fast these first years go.

Lizard breath

Hi Ladies,

Not sure if you all remember me??? I haven't been in here for ages. I am going to make a concerted effort to come in here more this year.

Claire, congratulations on DC#3 that is just wonderful news.

Megan, glad to hear that your pregnancy is progressing well.

Rebecca, congratulations on the birth of Jai.

Amanda, I hope you are ok with the cyclone coming in.

AFM, we are doing well. Lachie is 3 on Friday and I can't believe how quickly it has gone. He is currently TT and has been since just before Christmas and is finally starting to get it. We often go days without having an accident now and if we do it is usually only a #2 accident when he hasn't realised that it coming quite that quickly. He is getting to be such a big boy and comes out with new things all the time that amazes me with his knowledge.

Alex is almost 16 months and getting into everything. He has been walking since just before he was 12 months, so is up to running now. Having the 2 of them run in different directions is certainly a new challenge. He is also talking more and more and I love seeing the 2 of them interact with each other. The only problem now is that they fight over the same toys.

I think that is all that is happening at the moment. As I said before, I will make a massive effort to come in here more often.

Liz.

babybump2

Hi Liz - nice to see you back!!

*Sigh* just back from Macy swimming lesson and one could be forgiven for thinking it has been Beau's. Yep he went in fully clothed... *sigh* AGAIN! :rolleyes:

Yes thinking of Amanda too with the cyclone. Poor QLDer's!!!

mygorgeousboy

Oh Sary, :o:laugh: at Beau! He does love the water doesn't he! H's swimming lessons start back this week and he is already telling me "I'm not wearing goggles okay mum". He does most things for his teacher though. How did Macy go at school?

:waves: Hi Liz. Glad to see you back. Would love to see some updated pics of your littlies on the blog. Its hard to believe our Feb babes are turning 3!

Wow Rebecca, 2 weeks already! I am going to be a blabbering mess on H's first day at school. I can only imagine how you are feeling. How did you DS1 go anyway?

P only woke 3 times last night. I feel much better this morning. Although instead of sleeping in the middle of the night i was glued to the news about the cyclone. :rolleyes: Its just horrible and so scary. Things are looking a bit better this morning though.

babybump2

Ahhh Holly when only 3 times waking in a night is an improvement! :hugs: But yes good news that it is an improvement.

Last day with Macy today... she is soooooo excited. She is only going in for 2 hours tomorrow afternoon and then starts the week at normal time Monday. DH is going away on Sunday for the week. How is that for timing?!... My first week with Macy at school and he is away!!! I am sure I will be fine though... I think!

Off with a couple of chickies to see Black Swan tonight. Heard it is quite disturbing... hmmmm... interesting...

Hope everyone is well...

Amanda - come back... let us know how you are x

mygorgeousboy

Good Luck tomorrow Sary. I'm sure Macy will be totally excited. Hope your not too sad. Your pics on the blog are gorgeous btw... And yes 3 awake times last night was a huge improvement from the 8 awake times i had the night before :o .........Oh well i'm just trying to be positive and ride it out and trying sooo hard not to wish he was older. I honestly love this age though. Hoping one day he just decides to sleep all night. Wishful thinking? :8

Hope your okay Amanda :)

babybump2

Good morning lovely ladies!

Off to take DH to airport - he is off for a week. Ahhhhhhh!!! Macy first week at school and I have kinder interviews for Beau, and literacy tests for Macy and school drop offs and pick ups - all flying solo! Wish me luck!

Macy went great on Friday - she was so excited! And I surprised myself by not getting emotional about it. Maybe it helped that Beau wasn't coping too much with all Macy's school attention and was being a little so and so! He really wants to be going to school too. After I had said good bye to Macy - he was asleep in the car minutes later!! DH came with us too. And he said after he left us to get back to work he got quite emotional himself! Ha! Cute.

I think all the lead up and the thinking of her going I got teary. But on the day - seeing her excitement I couldn't help but be excited for her. She is just so ready. I feel so grateful that she had the extra year at home too.

Well hope everyone is having a great weekend.

xxxx

Ps Wondering what everyone is doing with their soon to be 3 year olds. Are they starting kinder in your states??

mygorgeousboy

Happy 3rd Birthday for yesterday Miss E and Madison…..Claire and Brooke I hope you had a fabulous day with your little girls. :D

Happy 3rd Birthday Miller. Rebecca enjoy your day with your little cutie. I’m sure your boys will have a blast. ;)

mygorgeousboy

Sary, H will go to some sort of care this year I'm just not sure yet. I am looking at going back to work in the next 6 months (hopefully only part time). I will put P into FDC with a friend of mine and H will either go into pre-school (3-5yr olds) or Long day Care. So confusing!!!!!!!!!

babybump2

Yesss happy Happy Birthday Evie and Miller! And yes both Claire and Rebecca hope you enjoy this special day!

Gee Holly - well done on remembering!!!

x

Tetinks

Hi girls

I've had a shocker here. Had a lovely time yesterday with DD for her b'day, then today was her party with a few friends. I missed the party :cry: . i got so sick last night with gastro/food poisoning (not sure which) and couldn't keep anything down or even stand up alone by the time 10am rolled around. DH took her and DS, and I know she had a great time but i am so devastated to miss it. It was a combined party too so there was no postponing it. My only consolation is that she had a great time, friends have been getting in touch all arvo with photos and stories and it sound like she had a ball. We also had a nice day yesterday for her actual birthday, we went to the pool and out for tea. So i'm not a completely useless mum. My poor little peanut. i cried and cried this morning as i felt i was really letting her down, and she was so kind and caring. she got her toy stethoscope to make me all better.

I am really quite worried about the baby, I don't know if it would have been affected by this bug. The hospital (had to get maxalon when i couldn't keep water down) said whatever would be would be and there's nothing i could do. so i am so worried and just hoping the baby is okay. I feel kind of anxious being so early in the pregnancy when all the organs etc are forming.

anyway enough of my pity party. tomorrow is a new day and i have to be hopeful that things are okay.

Brooke and Rebecca hope your little 3 year olds had a great day. so hard to believe they are three isn't it?

Sary it's great to hear that Macy had such a good time at school. Hope this week goes smoothly for you with your DH away. Does Beau understand that Macy will be at school every day?

Rebecca how is your DS going at school? Gosh it is weird to think of these big kids starting school, they were so little when i first met you girls.

Holly I hope Preston is continuing to give you a bit more sleep. it is soooo hard. My nephew was a terrible sleeper but recently it just clicked for him. SIL is over the moon!

DD is staying at daycare this year (still 2 days per week) and is moving to the junior pre-school room. Next year she starts pre-school and in 2012 will go to kindergarten (prep). The pre-school I want to send her to is right across the road and the same campus as her primary school. I am a bit nervous about juggling the pre-school schedule, daycare for DS and (hopefully) a new little baby too.

Liz welcome back, it's lovely to see you. I can't believe your update on your DS2, in my mind he's still a little baby.

To bed for me. Hope everyone is well.

Edited by claireabell

RedsGirl

Oh Claire - you poor thing!!!! Sounds dreadful. I hope everything is OK.

Mimie is moving after we get back from holidays to a kindy, whichis jsut for 3 & 4 year olds. I have to admit I am not entirely up to speed with what happens in NSw with the lead up to school, but this seems to have worked out as we were increasingly unhappy with where she was and this new place is se tup I think for the lead-up to BIg School as well as beign right at the end of our street :ph34r:

I am trying to track down teh last birthday list I did, but the search function on this site is total shyte, so its not happenign (yet).

A big happy birthday to Evie and Madison for last Friday!!

And happy birthday to Mr Miller for yesterday

And of course a happy birthday to my monkey, Miss Mimie.

mygorgeousboy

Happy 3rd Birthday Mimie :D

Oh Claire, i so feel for you. Its such a worrying time so early on. Hope you are feeling better today.

We just got back from Canberra after going birthday shopping for H. I'm pooped and going to put my feet. Hi to everyone.

:)

Lizard breath

Oh Claire you poor thing. I am sure that your little baby is just fine in there.

Happy birthday to all the big 3 year olds.

babybump2

Oh Claire! :bighug: You poor poor thing! I hope you are getting better!!!! One of my girlfriends had gastro 3 times during her pregnancy and she freaked out each time. And her little boy Jo is 3 and a half now! So hoping all will be fine.

Sounds like Evie had a great birthday - which is fantastic. Just hoping you are feeling better. xxx

Happy Birthday to all our Feb babes... can't believe it has been 3 years.

Well Wednesday and Macy has today off - Thank Goodness! I am stuffed! I hadn't thought about how tiring school would be for me! hee hee! DH is away - so there is no down time for me. Macy has been WIRED at night time trying to tell me every minute of her day. 9PM on Monday night, she was still awake and after me pleading she got to sleep - she asked to be wrapped up in her doona from her cot. We call it her "wrap up" doona - so obviously she was feeling really vulnerable and aware she is getting older. Then all the sobbing came out about how she wonders when we will spend time together? :rolleyes: Then I had Beau crawling into my bed and keeping me awake for a lot of the night.

Since Macy has started Beau is really really missing her. And I have a cling on monster next to me the whole time and the thing is when Macy is about he is usually pretty good at playing on his own. Of course Macy and Beau play together but he also often does his own thing while Macy did hers. I have had to dress up as a super hero, play cars, play Mums and Dads and answer all the questions about the world! I tell you the boy doesn't stop TALKING! I thought it was girls that were meant to be the chatterboxes?!?... I have had to say each day - "okay Beau this is time when Mummy needs no talking - I am trying to drive!"

The constant 'Look Mummy a truck and it's blue! I love Blue don't you? Why can birds fly? Mummy did you hear me? I said why can birds fly? Muuuummmmmmyyyyy???? Aren't you talking to me??" Ahhhhhhhh....

And everything seems to be a question that warrants a response - so he doesn't just ramble on and I can tune out. :happy::rolleyes:

So Macy is emotionally draining and Beau is physically draining at the moment. Insisting that I carry him on every school pick up and drop off and refusing to sit in the pram.

But in saying that Macy is LOVING school. Both mornings I got up and she was fully dressed at 7 and asking if she could go yet! So cute!

So day of rest today... well sort of. Off for a play with some kinder Mums - then I have to take Macy to school for a literacy test. And then we have her swimming lesson at 4. Keep your fingers crossed that I manage to keep Beau out of the pool this week!!!

Oh and we had Beau's swimming lesson yesterday - and he is now swimming with NO FLOTATION device! He is such a little fish. Which is great! BUT he won't follow any of the instructions from the teacher and is often trying to do his own thing. *SIGH!*

Big whine - sorry girls xxx

babybump2

Edited to delete - as somehow it posted twice. Nice of you girls to listen/read a whine post - but sure I am pushing the friendship if I expect you to read it twice ;)

Edited by babybump2

ginnyk

Hi Ladies!!

Popped in to wish all the feb babies a

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

:D :D :D

Still trying to work out where the last 3 years went !

Milly had her birthday last friday, we had a quick birthday "party" at home (sausages in bread, and a muffin cake), before heading out to DS's little aths meet at 5:30... what a busy day!

Anyway, I hope all the kiddies and mums are doing well - and Claire, really hope you are feeling better soon.

Sary, amazing that Beau can swim !!

I'll try and pop in more often (again!)...

xoxo

ginny

babybump2

Hi Ginny! Happy birthday to Milly!

Claire - are you on the mend yet? Hope so!

Holly - how's the sleeping going? Any better. Hopefully with the weekend here you will get some good sleep.

Amanda - wwwhhhhheeeeerrrreeeee aaaarrreeee yyyyoooouuuu??? How is the lovely Elise?

Megan - what date are you due - I haven't got a clue how far along you are. Any photo updates for the blog?

DH arrived home last night and I couldn't be happier. We both fell in a heap to bed last night at 9:30. And for once the kids slept. Well Beau till 4 and he slept with me till 7!!! Amazing!

My little girl is really growing up!!! Her first week of school and then last night in the bath - SHE LOST HER FIRST TOOTH!!!!

She was so excited as majority of her friends have already lost teeth, and she knew the drill about the tooth fairy.

Hope everyone is going well - happy weekend! x

~Simply*Blue~

Hi :waves: Havent been able to get on here much as my laptop died :(

Sary Ds is the opposite when it comes to telling me about school. It's like getting blood from a stone! He does seem to enjoy it though, and came home with an outstanding acheivement award on Friday. So proud :D

Claire You know I never thought about that, but T was only 2 when I joined this group. Now he's 6 and at school, looking at it like that it's gone by so quickly.

I'm doing ok despite severe sleep deprivation :( He was doing so well and then 2 weeks ago something changed and he's crying all the time and not sleeping. I don't use dummies, but was that desperate for sleep that I bought some and gave one to him at night. I did get a bit more sleep but not what I'd hoped. Last night he was up every 2 hours, and then at about 5.30 woke up crying and nothing worked.

He also started arching his back, which was the first sign that Miller had a milk intolerance. I really really hope I don't have to go through that again.

We've also decided to apply for a rental tomorrow, our house hasn't sold but we are driving ourselves nuts spending 2 hours in the car each day driving T to school and doing the preschool and daycare dropoff. We are just taking the risk that the house will sell in the next 6 months :unsure:

Hope you are all happy and well :)