@m@nd@

What Nappy Bag to get for twins?

@m@nd@

Hi Ladies,

Im 35wks pregnant with twin girls!! And I am yet to find a nappy bag that I can envision holding all the stuff I will need! What did you use? any reccommendations?

Thanks

Amanda

:)

ETA~~~ I have a Bagger Jogger City Mini Pram, So I would need fairly big straps to hang on the handle.

Edited by @m@nd@

G+2

Hey Amanada,

So soon you must be getting excited, I have the same pram and I got a large tote style Oi Oi bag as a gift and although I can't attach it to the pram using the clips, instead the shoulder strap stretched out over the entire handle bar, it works perfectly well.

You just need a bag big enough to hold double nappies, emergency clothes etc. I find a tote style good for me cause I can shove a cardi in there and a bottle of water for me etc. But I dont think you need a twin specific one - just a big one!

All the best,

ETA: agree with FW my bottle insulator thing is pain in the butt as it is too small for two bottles, even the tiny 125ml ones AND that I have had to change one of my twins almost every time I go out for any extended time - haha

Edited by Gem+twins

Steggles

I have used the Storksak Elizabeth and Skip Hop Double Duo with that pram - I also had an insulated lunchbag thingy that I put under the pram for bottles etc :) These days I use a tiny bag and put stuff in wetbags/lunch boxes/kids backpack under the pram.

becsj

I dont use a nappy bag - i just use a large make-up/toiletries bag for trips to the shops/ park that i put 4 nappies in, pkt of wipes, dummies, and 2 onesie's (for an emergancy) - like FW in the year i have had the twins ive never had to change their outfits....if I need to take bottles i have a double insulated bottle carrier that along with the toiletries bag fits easily under my BJCMD.....

I do have a regular nappy bag but always tend to leave it in the car and just take out the above...now they are eating too, i also take a "smash" type lunch box with their snacks etc...again...just fits under the pram or in the pockets on back of seats...

Blessed to the MAX

I have the gr8x Holdall and it fits everything I need and more. I definitely agree with the pockets on each end for bottles, my twins still carry their water bottles in there and can easily get them out themselves when we are out and about. I now have three little ones under 28 months and take three sets of nappies, drinks, food, toys etc :)

Good luck with the last couple of weeks and enjoy!

MotherClucker

I cant remember the name of that bag and luggage shop but I went in there and bought the biggest bag I could find hehe. It served me well for 3 long years!

catnat

I loved my Kapoochi one that had a zip-off backpack on one end. It has insulated bottle thing that I actually used heaps and clips to put it onto pram. Still use it regularly when going out at night and need to take the boys PJ's.

We used cloth for our twins which took up heaps of room.

When going out I always took:

rug to lay baby on when I couldn't hold both

nappies and spare covers

dirty nappy bag

wipes

formula container

bottles

thermos of hot water

insulated cup to heat bottles in

dummies

rattles

3 outfits (one each and a spare!)

spew rags by a zillion

bibs

spare shirt for me

harrison~at~last

I use a Target one (black) for the triplets, it's standard size. I only take a few nappies, wipes, 3 bottles etc. I don't even usually take a change of clothes!

Lynneghl

I have a GRX8 Back pack Duo (think that's the name of it), IMO best nappy bag I've had.

It has a little backpack that zips off the front for quick outings and the main bag holds enough nappies, wipes and changes of clothes for any outing.

The straps uncllip so it fits on the pram and is nicely tucked away.

Has three separate areas and two side pockets for bottles, (I bought an insulated lunch bag for the bottles)

It has been used most days for 2 years now and the only signs of wear are on the bottom corners.

Sal78

I had 3 nappy bags for ds1 which I hated and didn't even use a nappy bag with the twins. I just used an avent bottle bag or an insulated cooler bag (those licensed ones). Throw a couple of nappies in my handbag and that was it.

If we went out for a whole day then I would pack a lil more...just use a recycling bag. I always kept some nappies, wipes and clothes in the car.

I got one of those little klip containers and filled it with wipes for my handbag.

my twins were not vommitty babies though.

KristyMum-

Also just spotted this in recent topics and as PPs have said it depends if you're a 'pack it all + the kitchen sink' or a 'live simply' kinda nappy-bag-person. I know people with only one baby full stop (ie no siblings) who pack more than I pack for all my guys (when they were smaller) then you have those with two/three+ small babies/toddlers who barely pack one bag. Even with two in (terry squares) nappies at one stage I still packed less than some do. Certain reusable nappies these days don't take up space and I can fit mine in bags/spots made for disposables.

So maybe go the other way round. Work out what you want/need to pack and then find a bag that fits it in.

Good luck

Edited by KristyMum-

Mum2KCIandS

the ju ju be - be prepared is funky as well as practical. I could get lots of cloth nappies and clothes in for my two girls who are 18 months apart - I am sure it will be big enough for twins.

catnat

I think it also depends on how spewy your babies are. We were lucky to make it to the car without changing a baby who'd be drenched with spew. We could never hand a baby to someone to hold without giving them a spew rag. Bottlefeeding or BF'ing makes a big difference too. I had a disposable wearing, breastfed singleton after my twins and felt I never had to take much anywhere!

kazzil

My expensive Kapoochi nappy bag only ever went on a few trips with us. I wish I would have known that even though you think you need a big nappy bag for twins, smaller is better. After all, you carry so much anyway so extra weight is just a PIA.

I had a small satchel from a cheap bag shop that held 1 nappy, 1 unisex change of clothes, a disposable change mat, wipes, a few bibs (mine were reflux babies and regularly needed these changed), 2 bottles and a formula dispenser (and as they got older the bottles were replaced with water cups and the dispenser replaced with snacks). This was perfect for things like playgroup, shops, visiting friends etc when normally they had a nappy change, feed etc before going. I found I needed a bigger bag when they were about 2 as I was carrying entertainment as well so I bought a student's backpack. The Kappoochi lived in the car with extra clothes, nappies etc and in the first 2 years there was twice I needed this. We also used it again a few extra times when they were toilet training.

mumofDDplusDDx2

I would have to agree with the many responses that so far say rarely or never needed the contents of a nappy bag for our twin girls (same as for first daughter), however it was always jammed full of the basic requirements, you know what I mean the kitchen sink, jug for heating bottles, spew blankets two spare sets of clothes for each, spare nappies and wipes, nappy change mat, etc...

I now utilise the pockets on the pram and the under baskets for only the basics but just to make myself more at ease I always pack a mini wardrobe and leave it in the car boot but always take spare nappies and wipes as the girls pee sooo much they would often wet through a nappy but of course this would only occur when out as a matter of inconvenience.

Now in saying all of that my actual nappy bag was probably no bigger than a large handbag anyway

Sal78

Yah I agree with the car stash too. Cleaned out my car today and realised I still had newborn nappies in the back pockets..they're almost 2y.o!

There was only one time when we had an emergency where Dayton threw up so I took off all his clothes and he was in the pram with just nappies on and I raced into Kmart and bought some cheapie clothes for him.

It's easy enough to improvise. I also ditched the formula dispenser for trips thats that required only 1 to 2 feeds and just put the formula straight into the bottle.

A small cooler bag is great for solids, sippy cups. Ours can fit solids, 2 bottles and 2 sippy cups.

cloudgirl

hi.. i never had a dedicated nappy bag for DS 1 and just used a large handbag (tote) with a pebbles nappy bag insert inside (dont recommend them btw.. highly overpriced but nice idea)

we used cloth nappies so obviously 1 cloth nappy in the bag is equiv. to 4 disposables!

i found that in the newborn stage, i needed the most stuff. i kept a bag in the car of spare nappies and clothes and only carried 2 spare nappies, 1 spare jumpsuit, wipes, changemat, muslin cloth (for laying over pram) dummy and a cloth for spew/breastfeeding. obviously bottlefeeding you will need to carry those too.

with my twins due soon, i will prob pack very simmilar. having a spare bag in the car means you can take less out with you.. and once your bubs hit a few months old, you can pretty much carry a small zip bag with a few nappies and wipes in it and thats it. once they start solids and become a toddler, it gets bad again due to having to cart around lots of food.. get a cute cooler bag that fits in your pram to hold everything.

Mariamsmum

I have an Il Tutto Nico tote which is quite large and fits everything I need x2, I love it!

Worth every cent and very stylish too :)

twinboys

It all depends on the type of person you are as well.

Do you like big bags or are you a little purse and run type??

ThinkTwins has a great range

nappy bags

Edited by twinboys

greenthumbgirl

I found some really nice over night bags the other day that would make really nice nappy bags. I have two, one normal one that goes everywhere and another bag in the car with all the backups.