Sandra

November 04 Parents # 696

dippinsniffer

:lol: yeah, that's what I thought too when re-reading but decided to leave it as is.

Kim :) .

Edited by dippinsniffer

*Caro*
"we picked up the kids from my parents who chucked a tantrum on pick-up" LOL Read it again, Dip.

I LOLed at this too! ;)

*only* 2 weeks of school hols left. I think I can, I think I can...!!

pixiefish

Dip - that was a the one thing I hadn't really thought about actually - how much time we would spend 'together' when we were travelling ie. up each other's noses 24hrs a day for 6 weeks! we all freaked out in the first week, coupled with jetlag we all got on each other's nerves.... and I was reminded how well DH and I fit together and travel together, we never get on each other's nerves really even in the most difficult situations :) although that first week was a bit hairy but it settled quickly..... I def came home feeling like I hadn't spent much time with DH on our holiday though, we were always comforting, herding, explaining, holding hands, separating, disciplining and talking to the kids. But hey, thats just life with a big family... it is funny to miss someone though when they are right next to you all day! Funny thing that....

And I am glad you are good with your mum - me and mine are still bad :( - she was a shocker when she dropped us off at the airport and left DH and I feeling quite angry and then I was so polite the whole time OS but when we got back, she called up and said something sh*tty as soon as she got on the phone and I cracked it a little and just asked her to stop with the cactus comments ... and that was nearly 3 weeks ago now. I just wish she wasn't so bloody complicated ... its edging on a year now ... siiiiiiiigh so anyway I am glad you can open your heart and constantly find ways to help yourself out with your mum.... I am jack of all the crap and really over it right now.

dippinsniffer
:) Edited by dippinsniffer

*Caro*

remember back in the old days when we used to chat every day? boy, how times have changed! We're all so busy now!! :8

Oh well, it is still nice to find 10 mins to write a proper post. I find Facebook so easy though - I can just pop in for a minute or two, and update a status or comment on what is happening with someone else. I love EB, but it takes so much more thought! :p

Pix, I found it somewhat reassuring to hear that you guys had some teething issues in the first days of your trip away. When you first told us that you were going o/s with 3 kids whilst pregnant with #4, I got dreadful feelings of inadequacy, because that would be enough to tip me over the edge. I felt a bit more normal when you fessed up to human foibles such as getting on each other's nerves! ;) How is the pregnancy going? How are you feeling? Are the kids excited?

Tombi, is it just me or does H manage to take more than the usual 4 or so weeks holidays each year? You guys seem to have a lot of holidays (don't mind me, just insanely jealous at the idea of lazing around the pool for 2 weeks! :D ) Has E's reflux settled down now? Are you getting much sleep?

Kylie, how are things going with your aunt? It sounds like a dreadfully difficult situation, when she really wants to get better and nothing seems to help. I have been lucky in that we've only ever had quite mild depression in anyone on either side of our family. Our elderly neighbour however has been hospitalised multiple times for ECT. Last time I spoke to his wife, she said they had basically sent him home as there was nothing more they could do for him. :( How are things at your place now, everyone over the flu?

SS, I had no idea about your first husband. That must have been so hard for you. No wonder you often seem so strong on here - it sounds like you have been through the fire and come out tempered and strengthened by it. Amazing that we can still learn new things about each other after all these years.

Things are cooking with gas here. I tried to take the girls to the movies today, while Angus was at childcare and DH stayed home with Hugo. (I was really anxious about leaving Hugo, he likes to keep his boobies close ;) ) As it turns out, Hugo was fine. But between me checking the cinema schedule last night and arriving there today, they changed the screening times and the movie wasn't on. Gees I was mad - but had to hide it as Em was about to go into meltdown and I had to keep her calm. Anyway, we went school shoe shopping instead (not nearly as much fun!!) and will have to reschedule the movies somehow.

In other news, Hugo is Zahra reincarnated. He looks so much like her, and his sleeping patterns are exactly the same :rolleyes: I got him to bed at 7.30 tonight and he was awake again at 8pm. :rolleyes: I'm coping with it MUCH better than I did with Zahra - partly because I know it will end eventually, partly because I've already read all the books so I have a few ideas to try and partly because I can feed him in bed so I'm not losing nearly as much sleep overnight as I did with her. But even though it's easier, I do still have moments where I feel so overwhelmed by him. Things like spending an hour to settle him for a 30 minute nap is really disheartening. I know he is sleep deprived, but I can't seem to help him. Oh well, only another 2 years or so and he should be sleeping ok! :8

I am thinking of joining a gym. So far all I have done is think about it.............

Edited by *Caro*

Malli

Hi Guys,

Im going to have to bail out of his Sundays meeting so if you guys need to change the date pls do as Im up to my head in packing. I cant believe Im finally going to ship my stuff over. SO much stuff in boxes . The rooms are a mess . Ive kinda packed bags but am emptying and packing in boxes the stuff that can wait till arrive on the other side in 40 days. Its so stressful moving, I hope we'll be staying for a while as id hate to think about moving again anytime soon. I can tell you my blood pressure went through the roof today at the drs. 135/80 I figure its the moving and looking after these 5 munchkins at the same time.

nic/Dip/Pix/Giro/SS - If you are free during the wk youre more than welcome to come past before i leave. just give me a call

dippinsniffer

Hey :) .

Caro, :lol: I'd post everyday but don't want to bore anyone :) . I think I'm the only one in here with more time now on my hands than when I was single!? Good to see such a newsy post from you and I hope everyone answers your questions as I'm keen on the answers too :) .

Argh, how annoying that the movie time changed!

Yes, those baby-times with babies who get upset and can't fall asleep or stay asleep are very trying. For me, those evenings and nights were the hardest part of parenting so I'm glad they do pass. As they will for you.

Malli, busy busy busy! Yes, I too hope you don't have to do all this moving rigmarole for years to come!

Edited by dippinsniffer

Snagglepussed
Tombi, is it just me or does H manage to take more than the usual 4 or so weeks holidays each year?
If S. America is anything like Italy H would get more than the stock standard Aussie 4 weeks! DH used ot have 36 days holiday per year! It was bliss!!!!! ;)

Dip - I think that was lovely of the lady to give you the glasses. Heck over the years their mark up on your contacts and frames and lenses have more than paid for them! An you DO still have to get the lenses done right? You are so lovely you deserve it! :)

Malli - you poor thing you must be so frantic! I am so glad when we moved out here DH was doing all that on his own as he is much more practical than I and I would have pfaffed around looking at everything and not being able to cull anything! I know that he has probably thrown things out that I would have kept but I have no idea and that is fine! Pbviously I didn't need them! But half my kitchen stuff is still in the garage 5 years on .......... I really should just get rid of the boxes and not even look into them!

Girls - do we want to still meet on Sunday or leave it until we are settled in school and what not! I am easy....someone just tell me when and where!!!!! I am still keen!

Today I have to get Bec's school shoes as we have just picked up orthotics for her! She was pronating a bit and figured we should fix it now as she will be 10 this year! :o

Have got to register them for Italian and soccer. Bec needs a team sport. Alessia wants to do dance but I have to suss it out because with Italian and swimming (which starts tonight) and soccer etc I have to make sure timetables don't clash!

The start of the school year is always so frantic and expensive! Grrrrrr.

Edited by Girolama

SportySpice

Morning.

bfn :( thought we "may" have been in with a chance. Had a "chat" with DH about it all.... well actually it was me in the kitchen and him on the lounge - trying to have some sort of discussion as his work has seemed to consume him so quickly once again.... I suggested I send him a meeting planner and it "never seems the right time to talk to him".... grrrr I went silent and he was somewhat "nicer" to me later in the evening and this morning.

He rang me yesterday arvo and just started prattling on about his work, going here, there, doing this and that and then asked if I would mind if he headed out to Eastern Creek for the launch of a V8 car thing on Sat morning.... I said to him just go - I can't stop him (which I never do) anyway I then went on to say that I had tested in the morning and bfn and this month it had really hit me (which it had yesterday) anyhooooooooo ivf is unlikely for awhile due to the cost - which I know sounds horrid but he's clawing his way out of some major debt due to a business partner embezzling over $1m from him about 4 years ago and he's doing it really tough - anyway...... I just asked (again) that Feb be our focus as having sex 3 times in the month and those 3 times in the "on" week - just doesn't cut it with me! THERE I SAID IT! Sex is hopeless with him atm! :o:happy::o:o

you gals know what I mean! :) anyway - i'm ok with it atm, I do have in my head a 'cut off' which I'm truly dreading but we can't be on this roller coaster forever - and tbh the last m/c was horrible, both emotionally and physically on me. But its Friday today, so that's a +ve!

Pix - we need to have a catch up and go over that trip of yours..... I love the US! :D

Caro - yes - 25 and widowed. But that was a long time ago now (I still remember lots very clearly though) but as the saying goes, that which does not kill you only makes you stronger :)

Enough doom and gloom!

I have sgee in the office with me today - will do some work then i'm taking her to the Museum and then we'll head back to the office for a couple of hours in the arvo.

Her school shoes still fit from last year :) and the uniforms etc are all good! She's getting excited about being in Yr 1! And she had her first flute lesson yesterday which went really well and she's looking forward to next week!

ok - I had better get some work done!

hello to everyone

love to all xx

dippinsniffer

Kim,

I know that he has probably thrown things out that I would have kept but I have no idea and that is fine! Obviously I didn't need them! But half my kitchen stuff is still in the garage 5 years on .......... I really should just get rid of the boxes and not even look into them!
Yes, yes and yes :yes: !

Meet up this Sun or another time, I don't mind, happy for someone else to make the decision too :) .

Your night out with your DH sounded lovely :) . That's a few of us who have had 'child-free' dinners with our husbands the past fortnight or so.

SS, sorry to hear about your bfn and your husband being consumed with work again :( . What a bummer ...

You know that white space in your post before " ... you gals know what I mean?" well, I had to highlight it a couple of times to make sure there was no hidden message in there :smile: .

... that which does not kill you only makes you stronger
YES!

HELEN, how's life up in K? Hope the biopsy results were good and that you and your DH have a smooth transition back to teaching :) .

Edited by dippinsniffer

*Caro*

Dip, the lady that gave you the glasses either has a wild crush on you, or thinks that you are good advertising for her business. I think you should just accept them graciously! :D

dippinsniffer

Aw, thanks Caro :wub: .

Home from work at 1030pm last night, bed-room antics, falling asleep after 11pm, weirdly waking at 5:45 = tired me. I could barely muster a smile at the veggie lady this morning :happy: ! So I'm in bed with the lap-top, resting before work again.

Listening to the gas-guy outside telling DD "Bet mummy's happy you're not going to be pestering her anymore!" and DD said "No" and he laughed and left :lol: .

Little story: on the way to the butchers, I had warned the kids before entering that they were to not even think of asking for jelly-beans from the butcher's jar. So when he offered them some, they refused (yes, even I was surprised :) ) and later he left. I assumed he was going for a break, seeing as it was 12. He walks in a minute later with a cup-cake for each of my kids :rolleyes: . I don't think he realized they had refused the jelly-beans 'cause I was reducing the amount of sweet stuff. But very nice of him (SEE! niceness and friendliness every bloody day :lol: !).

OK, till tomorrow :waves: .

Edited by dippinsniffer

mamabetty

Hi guys!

On the laptop as my Imac has big issues and is in the Mac repairers. :( I haven't been able to back up for a couple of weeks either so I'm hoping they dont have to wipe all my data. That will be a bugger!

Kids happily back at school this week. Zac is taking a while to get used to his new class. He says he's enjoying it but he looks a bit lost every time I leave. :( Ah well, he'll get used to it. Max is fine. He has a trendy, hip young teacher who seems to be really good.

Work is going well. All our machines are working flat out which is good. We were a big worried there for a while.

Anyway, need to get some housework done before I get the kids.

xxx

Snagglepussed
grrrr I went silent and he was somewhat "nicer" to me later in the evening and this morning.

Aw that's good! Mine just doesn't GET it when I get broody and silent he doesn't often attempt to placate which at the end of the day is often ALL we need but to get it after ASKING really takes the edge off YKWIM?

I am so bummed to hear about your bfn SS! :( Guys often just don't GET it do they? Arrgghhh! I could go on for ages!

Dip - WOW that is amazing about the lenses! Great score for you! Look I still stand my ground that you have paid for those glasses in some way shape or form over the years so enjoy them! :)

Jodes - it's awful leaving your little ones all confused at school isn't it? I am hoping they don't mix the classes up too much from last year considering there were 6 Kindys last year so there are so many kids that I don't even know! Apparently there are 7 Kindys this year! Woah! This is getting ridiculous!

Did school shoes, lunch boxes, haircuts this morning and now I am knackered! Have swimming lessons this arvo and I SOOOO don't want to go out of the house! Looking forward to a lovely aperitivo on my return to chillax!

Edited by Girolama

dippinsniffer

Kim, yeah, little baby-boom in the 2004-2006 period with the children of the baby-boomers ie us, having kids. And those kids all started kindergarten last year and more starting this year. Apparently these similar large numbers starting around Aus. Our school had their highest number of kindergartens ever last year. And supposed to be bigger this year but I don't know that for sure, will find out next week if I can. We had 5 kindergarten classes last year. 19-21 per class so about 100 in total. Normally they have about 60-80.

Edited by dippinsniffer

pixiefish

Hey girls, getting ready for school on Monday here - shining shoes, packing pencil cases and putting names on everything. I have also hit nesting big time and am freaking everyone out with my orders and dreams of painting and landscaping before baby arrives. Fun times here let me tell you ;)

I was afraid with the kids knowing so early on that we were having a baby, that it would be such a long wait for them but so far they have been fantastic. They ask every day whether its kicking, how big it is (there is a app that compares the baby's current size to fruit or veg so they always want to know, it went from banana to eggplant just the other day :D)

Pinky in particular is very observant and attentive... she is always commenting and talking about when the baby gets here, how she is going to help etc. She surprises me all the time with little random comments like 'when we are in the shower, we will have to hold her hand so she doesn't slip over isn't that right mum?' - its like she imagines the baby and what we would do with it in every daily situation .. and then lets me know. Her chattering is incessant and divine all at the same time :rolleyes:

Dash is always asking if its been kicking - its almost at the stage where they can feel it but not quite yet. She is very active at around midnight so only DH has felt the kicks so far. She is a quiet little thing I must say, always lets me know she is there but very gentle. I remember the others being more urgent with their kicks but not this one.... well not yet anyway, she is only an eggplant after all :D maybe she will kick harder when she reaches watermelon!

Just thought I would pop in for a little chat - feels like I haven't 'spoken' to any of you for so long. Hopefully life will settle once the kids get off to school. Monday is going to be weird with all 3 gone all day! Pinky is going up to the 4s room and is quite anxious about the whole affair so hopefully it will be smooth. She took awhile to settle in last year though, a lot of tears.

Malli - sorry we couldn't get together in the end, hope the move goes smoothly and make sure you fill us in when you get over there! Glad DH is coming back to help with the kids too x

Caro - Always remember that I live believing I am invincible and can do anything, so often bite off more than I can chew .... and just chew madly! So yeah the USA was a fabulous experience, but classing it as a 'holiday' would be a mistake lol

SS - your holiday sounded fab! sorry to hear DH is not being particularly attentive ATM but sounds like your weekend away was lovely.

I better get moving, kids are starting to give each other a few sly hay-makers and all I can hear is 'MINE' 'MINE' 'MINE!' 'MINE!!' with increasing urgency.

I always get visions of those bloody seagulls in Nemo... mineminemineminemine!

Snagglepussed

Pix - good to have you chstting in here again! And you ARE innvincible!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

It didn't look like a great day this morning but Dip now that the dun is out I wouldn't mind nicking your idea and going kayaking on Narrabeen Lakes! Will go discuss with the man!

Doesn't look like anyone is game to jump on a location tomorrow for a meet up! I suggest we get the schoolies settled and then organise! Hey I am up for a nighttime girly night too! Feel like a night out somewhere! Am feeling a little anti-social at the moment and need to get out there!

dippinsniffer

Edited by dippinsniffer

SportySpice

Morning

school run!!! :D:D

followed by ballet :D:D

had a fab w'end - nippers twlight on Sat arvo followed by bba and "disco"... Sunday lazing around and beach just what we needed!

gotta go!

Morning

school run!!! :D:D

followed by ballet :D:D

had a fab w'end - nippers twlight on Sat arvo followed by bba and "disco"... Sunday lazing around and beach just what we needed!

gotta go!

pixiefish

Well we had tears today... from Peanut. I didn't really see it coming but he balled when he was sitting down in the assembly line before they were put into their new classes poor baby... :(

The other two were fine and everyone had a good day after all, so hurrah! Dash is in a 3/4 composite class which he is really excited about too.

I got my first lot of work done too which is good - although it was in my underwear as it was too hot for clothes ;) nice visual hey teehee

Ok off for a late arvo ocean pool swim, had one this morning too! I am addicted to them xx

ps: I just asked pinky how old I was and she said 16 LOL!

Snagglepussed

Dip - is everything OK? Your editing worries me! ;)

SportySpice

Hiya all

busy busy busy!

Pix - sgee was a little "clingy" yesterday too, but she was better today. All went well with lots of smiles when I picked her up yesterday - happy little one! Ballet was great and she is looking forward to doing her RAD's in Term 2, new ballet slippers and she's all ready!!

Have booked our July school hols trip away :D:D

KH is stupid

DH is being ok-ish with his work travel and stuff and trying to loose some weight - he is so delusional (sp? sorry) sometimes...... :wacko: Have sent him a meeting planner for the days I need him home in the coming weeks ;)

back to work, love to all xx

dippinsniffer

Kim :) , thanks for asking, I guess you might not have known that I always remove personal info from my posts once a thread is due to be locked. I ramble about my thoughts till post 70 then delete as the guidelines state that threads are locked in here after 70 posts and I don't want my personal info left in here ... foreverrrrrrr :) . So yes, around the 65+ mark, I go back and delete. All great here and thanks again for being concerned xx :) .

SS, where to in July?

SportySpice

Dip - Fiji :D

sgee had her swim lesson yesterday arvo and went pretty good! she's much better in the surf than in still water... :) KH is still stupid, and some things just don't change. We always talk at her lessons (he's the assist. gym manager at the pool) and we have a bit of a laugh here and there..... he was telling me that balmain waterpolo are celebrating 125 years with a black tie gala ball on Friday night...

KH: gala ball for waterpolo on Fri night

Me: oh fantastic - getting all dressed up and taking the girlie?

KH: no - on my own... chuckles

Me: Oh really? No "hand brake"? hahaha where is she?

KH: she has a friend out from Switzerland and they are in Melb for the w'end.

Me: Oh that's convenient - so you'll be home on Sunday? hahahah

KH: hahahaha

some things just don't change!

work is getting interesting

SD#1 is apparently coming over for dinner tonight - she finally moved out about 4 weeks ago and is living in Newtown with her older half sister.... we've still had some shockers with her over the last couple of weeks.... very annoying that these kids just don't get it.... grrrrrr

have to get going - boss in contact and needs some urgent stuff!

bbl

love to all x

Snagglepussed
guess you might not have known that I always remove personal info from my posts once a thread is due to be locked.

What a great idea DIP! I never thought of that!

Ooooh now i can vent more in here knowing that I can delete it all before it gets locked!

Mental note to self! ;)