Nut

Pregnant ACTers Chat #68

Nut

Since we have new interest, and a common misunderstanding in the name of the group I thought I might start a new one with what is hopefully a more general name. If you don't like it though, feel free to make suggestions :)

Link to the previous thread: http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=813757

Tenacious C

Thanks Nut! I'll put my hand up to say I was confused by the previous title of the thread - but then I'm easily confused :happy:

A brief introduction - I'm 17 weeks pregnant with my first, a southsider and have 2 very spoilt dogs.

I'm off to read the previous thread to try and get to know everyone else.

Minnie10

Hi ladies, I would love to join this group! I'm about 7 weeks pregnant with my first (so due around the end of Aug). I have not had my first ultrasound yet as my Dr is away :( (like most of the town!!!) but, I have had plenty of bloods (another scheduled for tomorrow) and so far so good HcG is rising nicely :) . DH and I live Southside. I would love to hear of peoples experience with Calvary and TCH. Although we are closer to TCH Calvary is only about 15mins away.

Shadowess

Hi ladies,

Can I join you here? I'm currently 14 weeks pregnant with our second baby. After loosing our last pregnancy, this one has been a bit stressful, but it looks like we're all good now. I'm all booked in with calvary private, and will be having an elective caesarian at the end of June (due to a previous less than ideal birth).

Anyway, looking forward to chatting with you all!

fee

Mama8

Hi all seasoned mum here :)

#7 is due in august and will be our tie breaker as we have 3 of each.

I will be delivering at TCH like all my other bubs.

Im southside :)

crazyforkids

Hi my name is cathy. im pregnant with #5. i also have two of each.

Im due the end of july and im going through the midwife run birth centre. i have my first app with my midwife on tuesday nex week.

im northside :)

smarty~pants

Hi - I'm expecting our second bub and due 20th March. I'm a southsider and will be delivering public at TCH. Have been under the care of the Fetal Medicine Unit and the obs/midwives at TCH.

My DD is 4 and will be starting preschool in a few weeks... nothing like doing everything at once!

honeydew

Hi all,

Firstly, thanks for starting the new thread - I was a bit confused by the last title (but maybe I'm a bit slow!).

I'm just over 17 weeks pregnant with my first, due 12 June. We are northsiders and will go to Calvary but I'm still undecided as to whether I will go public or private. Had an appointment with an OB (the lovely Dr Dreher) at 14 weeks but couldn't get an appointment with the Calvary public antenatal clinic until almost 20 weeks. I'm hoping to have more info on which to base a decision after a visit to each - but any experiences/views from you guys would be great.

Also - does anyone know what kind of antenatal classes Calvary public or private do and when? I asked the public unit when I was there for the tour but they just said "oh you'll find out at your appointment"...

Thanks - and look forward to getting to know you all better.

:)

abc_123

Hi Ladies,

Great thread! Quick introduction - I'm 28 yrs old and currently 32 wks with our #1. DH and I live in Qbn, and will be delivering at Qbn Hosp (all things going to plan).

We have our first anenatel class tonight, so looking forward to that!

crazyforkids

tess i delievered my dd2 at the birth centre so i knew how hard it wouldbeto get in. so as soon as i got a bfp i rang. i have my first app. on tuesday:)

i also have my dd1 starting kindy this year. so i will have 2 at school and 2 at home. its going to take some getting used too.

im truggling to find maternity clothes. can anyone oint me in the right direction:)

blue82 have fun tonight :)

darnie

Hi Lovely Ladies

I don't belong here, I was just checking for new babies :wub:

Anyway, I hope you don't mind me gatecrashing to say:

Catherine27: When I was pregnant with my now 2 year old, I bought alot of my clothes online from Motherhood Maternity At the time, I found the prices reasonable. The postage was a bit expensive but I decided that if I divided that cost across all items, each item was still quite reasonably priced. I can't remember what the sizings were like. I had great success with their tops, and the pants were ok. One pair I remember being a funny shape but the rest were ok. I quickly looked there to get the URL and I think it looks like they could be having a sale. Oh and delivery was pretty quick from memory, too!

I hope this helps! Can't wait to hear the next lot of baby news! :wub:

Cheers,

Deanne.

Lulu_33

Hi there. I'd love to join this thread too. I'm due with my first bub on March 9. I live in Queanbeyan and had planned and hoped to deliver there but because of their strict rules I found out 2 days ago that I have to go through TCH :( I was due to start the antenatal class at QBN that Blue82 went to by the looks of it, but found out about the change of plans that day. I really wanted to give birth at QBN and am struggling to come to terms with the fact I have to go to TCH. I just hope it's ok.

Nice to meet you all :D

samagard

Lulu_33

TCH is really quite good. I have had two of my babies there (2009 and 2010). The midwives & doctors are lovely there.

Tess

Not long now :D

kjheather

Hi ladies

Nice to see some ACT ladies... I am the only Canberran in my DIG! I'm Northside with Dr Dreher also. Interested in finding out what sort of antenatal classes Calvary offers. I got a letter from them in November that they had received my booking but nothing since. I am guessing that with Christmas and that maybe their admin is a bit backed up.

Anyway, hi all!!! :waves:

Tigermummy

Hi,

I didn't know this thread was here either, but would love to be part of it for the remaining time of my pregnancy - just a few days to go hopefully. I'm a southsider and am going throught he CMP with baby no 2. Can't recommend the CMP enough - they have been absolutely great!

Catherine27 - I bought a couple of pairs of maternity pants at Motherly Instincts in Tuggeranong, but they weren't cheap. I've tried, wherever possible, to avoid buying mat cloths and have found that generally the styles/cuts of some clothing (mainly tops/dresses) are pretty accommodating for big tummies - especially a few things that I got from the Rivers outlet store not too long ago.

*sunflower*

Hi All, :waves:

I am 9 weeks pregnant with number two, due on 08/08/11. My DD is 5yrs, born 17/08/05. Nothing like keeping their birthdays close together! :D

We are southside, but going to Calvary Antenatal as they were great when I had my DD when we lived northside.

We had our first scan on Thursday and we are 9+5 and heartbeat of 179!! We have our next scan just before Australia Day and I can't wait.

Hoping everything continues along as we lost our last bub at 11 weeks in September. So we are sort of holding our breath for the next two weeks.

jess81

Hi Ladies,

Can I join too? I am southside and 16wks preg with baby #2, I am going through the CMP. I was with them for my first and they are fantastic.

I have been ordering some maternity clothes from US sites, sooo much cheaper and they are great quality.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

fillyjonk

Hi everyone - I have been meaning to stick my head in here for a while (rather, into the pregnant mums thread).

Just about to go for a swim. But briefly -

I am jen - 28(ish) weeks pregnant with my second baby and have a little boy, Owen who turned 2 in November. Minnie - I went through the TCH with Owen and I have no complaints whatsoever - as someone said, the midwives and nursing staff are lovely. (I had very shabby treatment with a miscarriage in 2009 though).

This time round I am going through the birth centre - I kind of got in through the back door as I know one of the midwives and she offered to take me on, even though I did not ring up until 8ish weeks. To be honest, I wouldn't say my birth centre experience has been any better than the antenatal clinic so far.

Anyway, I am supposed to be meeting people at Tuggeranong pool so I better go. But nice meeting you all and look forward to getting to know you better.

Lulu_33
Lulu_33

TCH is really quite good. I have had two of my babies there (2009 and 2010). The midwives & doctors are lovely there.

Tess

Not long now :D

Thanks. I'm just a bit overwhelmed with the size of RCH and the change so late in my pregnancy. Nice to hear you had good experiences tho :D

crazyforkids

thanks everyone. i will look into those places. im seriously running out of clothes lol.

hope everyone is well.

afm- moving drawers around today. i am sick of my baby getting the girls clothes out all the time so we are rearranging. also i need somewhere to put all my baby stuff :)

hope you are having a great day :)

Shadowess

Hi girls,

Finally back from our christmas trip.. back to work tomorrow... :( all I can think of is that I have roughly 100 days of work left, before 8 or so months of mat leave!

Honeydew, hope you get to make a decision soon, but, if you end up sticking with the lovely Dr D, you won't regret it. I'm seeing him again this time, after he took great care of me when things turned a bit pear shaped with DD, and then when I had a missed miscarriage earlier this year. Yes, he's expensive, but in my mind, he's money well spent.

I can't remember who it was who was asking about the booking in appointment and antenatal classes with Calvary- they'll send you a letter around 23 weeks, and it'll give you all the details of the appointment and classes. They have a few different ones- a 1 day class, or one that's a couple of hours each week for 6 weeks (we did the 6 week one, and enjoyed it.. a friend did the 1 day one, and I think she ended up wishing she'd done the 6 week one.. so much information to take in). They also have a breastfeeding class, an exercise one, an elective c/s one, and there may be one for parents expecting for the second + time.

Anyway, starting to get a bit of pelvic pain again.. got it last time, but I don't think it was this early... hopefully it doesn't get too bad! Other than that, feeling pretty good! Think I might be dragging out the maternity clothes for work tomorrow...

fee

ACTmum2B

:) Hi Canberran Mums to be (and mums who will be mums again!) :) ,

I'm a south-sider too - gosh lots of us in this forum, seemingly! We're 6 weeks pregnant and are currently wait listed for the CMP (can't believe they're already booked out!).

Sooooo excited about the whole pregnancy experience! Found out last Tuesday, saw the GP yesterday and booked in NT and back-up antenatal visit (CMP suggested) at TCH at this point. Would have wanted to check out JJames as well but it seems their phone's always busy and their website is down? - anyone have their previous bubs there? How was it?

Reviews of hosp experiences (and OBs) much much much appreciated!

Tigermummy

Hi everybody,

Just wondering if the MWs through the CMP will sweep your membranes if you are due or past your due date? Or is that too similar to rupturing membranes. Has anybody had any experience with that?

ACTmum2B - I recommend you do the information session at the CMP, if you want to get into it, but on the waiting list. Lots of people on the waiting list miss out if they don't attend.

crazyforkids

is cmp canberra midwfiery program? and is that the birth centre? if yes. they gave me 2 stretch and sweeps. one on due day and when a week later.

i had a m/w app. on tuesday and got to hear bubbas heartbeat. it was 165bpm. so relieved. she was a wonderful m/w and she is letting me have a waterbirth. so so excited. cant wait to tell me mil. she is coming in with me.

hope everyone is well and staying dry

Tigermummy

Yes, it is the Camberra Midwifery Program - in the Birth Centre. Thanks for your reply - I was just curious about whether they would regard it as too much of an interference. But I actually saw my MW today and I asked her about it also - she said she was happy to do one, if it's what I wanted. Think I'll see what happens over the weekend and try to see her again next week.