Sandra

January 10 Parent Group # 21

Amber Loren's Mum

BUMPING US UP AGAIN.

Amber's 1st party went off with flying colours last sunday, poor bubba tho by that night had start of a cold and then by her 1st birthday on Tuesday we took her to the doctors just to make sure no ear infections and she had a viral throat infection so panadol, fluids and rest...the latter very hard to get her to do. She missed her 1st swimming lesson for term 1, looking forward to it as she enjoyed it last term.

Anyway sorry short post but it late and need to go bed -- had girl who wouldnt go down til 10.30pm...I had sat and tried since 7pm and still had to get childcare bag ready.

Nite. x

catmeow82

Well... I've been terrible at keeping up on here lately. Been so busy. I retured to work at the end of Jan... part time. all good so far but i can really notice the work hours in the week. I'm on night shift tonight so finally got a chance to look on here.

Ben practically runs now... he is so cute but gets into EVERYTHING. He has a high pitched squeal that he uses when he doesn't get his way! He is a determined little thing.

He has loved swimming in our pool over summer. he does the cutest jumping in... kicking... playing. he is so into it! I can only hope his passion continues.

I can't remember what I last posted about. Ben's birthday was small but lovely. he got given junk we didn't need or really have space for. highlight was the megablooks dump truck from MIL/FIL. I did a blue duck cake for him. he decided not to quack when he saw it despite say quack at every duck/chicken/sheep/cow/pig toy he has ever seen for ages now. oh well.

He is a pretty good eater but still dislikes sandwiches! Lunches are still a struggle but I am getting better at finding things for him. I'm finding he isn't progressing with feeding himself very well. i think he is lazy. he eats pretty much all our dinners now. he loved some homemade ricotta gnocci i made last week.

Lougood - my son is also called benjamin... he was born on the 12th of jan 2010. welcome.

I'd better get on with some work. will try get around to posting some pics. ben is such a cheeky thing.

hope everyone is going well.

cat

Riotproof

I guess everybody is terribly busy.

Big :waves: to everyone.

So glad everyone had lovely parties. Ours was fantastic. Really hot day and DH ended up doing more physical stuff on the morning of than he anticipated. So I ended up BBQing! :shrug: Don't quite know how that happened, but it was all good, everyone liked the food and the pool. We got some lovely gifts too. I have just ordered our thank you cards tonight from Snapfish.

ALM, I'm sorry Amber has been so sick. I really sympathise. Rowan has just got his second cold, poor bubba. I can't imagine how hard it is when they get really sick. He's been snotty and coughing, plus today he vomited all over me. :sick: Oh wow, it was gross. Even cleaning it up made me feel sick.

Cat, Rowan's not keen on sandwiches either. He pulls them apart and licks the insides, but he will eat toast. He's also very fond of sushi.

AFU, Rowan does a lot of independent standing for short stints, so we're just waiting for the walking to start. Although I am a bit scared too!

Hope everyone is well. :D

catmeow82

Hi,

Night shift again!

riotproof - sounds like rowan will be walking soon. You should see Ben run... we have hear him coming down our hallway. he is so fast. climbing the coffee table and lounge... even dining chairs. he gets off ok now thank goodness. I'm glad to hear someone else doesn't like sandwiches. it is such a challenge finding lunch for him some days. thankfully he loves dinners. tonight i did a creamy/tomatoy tortilini with bacon, leek, mushroom and asparagus. it was pretty good but Ben ate it all himself with his hands. He eats more than Emma usually. nothing worse than cleaning up vomit... the chuncky stuff is the worst. always rince before putting in the washing machine... otherwise... ew ew ew!!

Ben is loving swimming in our pool and tagging along to Emma's music classes. He is so cute when he dances (like bopping). He still struggles with every nappy change... and loves trying to get his finger down there when i get the nappy off. such a boy!

I hope everyone is well.

I joined a bit of a support group of EB girls on facebook trying to loose weight... so far so good. hopefully i can keep it off this time!

I'll try get back in here soon... I'm going for a gall bladder removal soon so won't be doing another night shift for awhile.

cat

heidistar

Ohhhh very quiet in here :unsure:

FeralAlpacaWarrior

Bump.

Hi girls! Nice to see there are still some of us around. DD is a bit of a lazy bum, she bum-shuffles, and won't commando crawl anymore. She seems to have no inclination to crawl, but is happy to learn to walk holding our hands. We have been going to Gymbaroo twice a week to build her strength, and she loves it. She especially loves laying under the parachute at parachute time, she squeals with delight, it's so cute :wub:

Hope everyone is doing well, looking forward to hearing from you soon! :D

Oh and congratulations Bonnie! Can't wait to hear how you're doing.

B

Edited by lovealpacas

~Jot~

It's been ages since I've been in here! It's nice to hear everyone's doing well. Genevieve's very busy, she's running, climbing and into everything. She's just starting to show a temper and will complain loudly when things aren't going her way! She desperately wants to do everything her big sister does, luckily Matilda is very patient (for a 3 year old!) and we don't have TOO many problems. That said, some days are better than others!

We go to playgroup and do gymnastics with Matilda, and Genevieve's never scared to get right into the thick of things. She's the complete opposite to my shy little girl. We've been sick over the past few weeks, both girls got colds AND gastro in the same week! It was hell. Of course with all the coughing DH and I succumbed to gastro too, that was a fun day trying to hold everything together and look after the kids. Yuck!

How's the weight loss going Cat? I joined but it wasn't for me, I just wasn't ready I think. I've made some changes though and I'm seeing some results, slowly but surely. :)

B, don't you love those squeals? Sounds like you've got a little character there!

Congrats Bonnie, lovely news!

Love the sig Heidi, very cute! My Genevieve wore the same dress that Sianna had for the white rabbit costume for her christening, so sweet. :)

Edited by ~Jot~

FeralAlpacaWarrior

Ah yes Jot, she is certainly a character! She also has just started testing the boundaries and being quite cheeky, throwing food on the floor sometimes and chucking the odd tantrum ;)

Something we're having issues with is her intake of fruit and vegetables. She is getting very fussy, and the only fruit she will eat are bananas and strawberries. And she is eating hardly any vegetables. She will eat vegie bake and spaghetti with lots of vegies mixed in, but other than that, we're a bit stuck. Any ideas ladies? TIA

B

Amber Loren's Mum

:waves:

I have been looking at last posts and was going to bump up the group a few times of late but never got round to it.

nice to hear from you lovealpacas and Jot :wub:

Amber is taking steps and more of them but still not confident to do it all the time...still wobbly but we keep encouraging her by getting her to use her toy nanna bought her which she pushes about and we also bought her a dolls pusher as she loves her baby doll and gives her a little bit of support.

Food ideas..i possibly the last to ask. Amber loves her veggies and fruit although getting stuck myself as to how to dish them up differently every night..thinking she may get bored of the same food every single night but she demolishes the bowl every night.

Temper...amber has possibly shown this from very early on in the picture. When she decides to chuck a wobbly and go stiff if we take something off her etc etc I lay her down on the floor so she doesnt chuck herself down hard which she does and let her kick, cry it out for 3 mins then distract her with something else.

Anyway...a lot has happened since my last post but wont get into that just now.

Hope to see some other faces pop in and say hello again here soon :)

FeralAlpacaWarrior

:waves: Tran!

I must say your sig is gorgeous, Amber certainly does look like a hunny bunny :wub:

Elizabeth is having her little tantrums more often, however we just make sure she is safe and then ignore, ignore, ignore. This is one area where my teaching degree comes in handy.

In regards to getting her to eat her veggies, I watched Supernanny's new series today (I know I know, I'm a sucker for trashy tv :D ), and one of the kids she was dealing with was refusing to eat anything other than sugary junk food. To get the girl to eat healthy food they offerred her just breakfast, lunch and dinner, no snacks in between, and all healthy meals. The food was on offer for an hour, if it wasn't eaten then nothing else was offerred. I only gave Elizabeth one milk arrowroot for afternoon tea, then she ate nearly all of her dinner, veggies included :dance: Going to try similar strategy tomorrow.

Ok, time for bed. Bye for now.

Edited by lovealpacas

~Jot~

B, so glad for your success! I love Supernanny too :blush: and I saw that episode. That's pretty much what we do with our DDs and it works a treat. My MCHN always said that barring a medical problem a child will never willingly starve themselves. We also have a rule, no food for an hour before mealtimes.

Genevieve's been waking at 4.30am for the last week, it's driving me batty. She's always woken once for a BF during the night which is fine but very early morning starts isn't! DD1 is usually up at 5-5.30am and that extra time is precious. Anyway we're working on it. We're hoping to move her in with her sister this weekend, wish us luck!! :blink:

~Jot~

Happy mother's day ladies! I've had a great day. Had a rough night last night, it was the girl's first night sleeping in the same room. It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be but still not great! So I got a sleep in, then a beautiful hand made card, then we went out for a picnic in the park. The weather here was magnificent! And lots and lots of cuddles and kisses. Just perfect. :)

heidistar

:waves: Hi ladies! Wow Chatter :D

I hope you all had a lovely MOTHERS DAY, Mine wasn't nothing exciting. Had to get up as usual as Hubby was made to participate in the Mother's Day funrun & later on we went to the Mother's Day in the park thing they had in the city.

Lovealpacas: Was nice to meet you in person at gymbaroo after all this time :) My Girls love going & the program here is fantastic. I love that they have the combined age session meaning i can take both girls together.

I LOVE Supernanny also, but don't have pay Tv so have to watch it online when i can.

Sianna is still not walking, although she could if she wanted too. She flys around the house with the dolls pram & around the furniture hold on. She also good at climbing these days, lol thanks Gymbaroo ;)

Sianna has gotten very picky with eating also, she still LOVES Rafferty's packs, so i will give her one of those for lunch usually & then a yogurt. Dinner she usally pics at these days & hates to be fed anymore. She also has breakfast, M/T & A/T + 3 x 260mls of milk bottles.

heidistar

I forgot to come & tell you all.....

Sianna WALKED on Friday afternoon! :excite:

~Jot~

Yay well done Sianna! How exciting!

My two are sick AGAIN, fourth time in 4 weeks. I'm so over it already and winter's just beginning.

Amber Loren's Mum
:excite: Sianna

whale-woman

Hello people. This thread seems pretty deserted, everyones too busy chasing their LO.

I've been MIA for a long time, moving house, working, and chasing Minx. She's a real handful these days. When ever I take her to a group with other kids she seems to be the difficult one, running around like a whirling dervish getting into everything. She's always been intense but it's just exhausting. She gets up and first thing gets her hat, shoes and coat and stands banging on the door to be let out of the house. Not just to play in the backyard, but she wants to go run in the park or down to the beach. She has no hesitation doing a runner. She even got out of one of those family change rooms at the pool and ran off (whilst I was naked and changing) and got within a metre of the pool in the time it took me to wrap a towel around me and scurry after her.

Temper - She's been having tantrums since 10 months. She will throw herself in the ground, kick and scream when she doesn't get what she wants, plus hitting and kicking you. It helps if we explain everything to her. We have to say 'bye bye' to all toys/people/places before we leave or a melt down happens.

food - Sorry to hear about the picky eaters out there, it must be so frustrating. Minx is a piglet with her food and will eat practically anything and some days I think she eats more than me. She likes spicy food and is often happier if we add chilli to things. It might be worth a try with the picky eaters.

We got asked to do some photos in Myer the other day as they had a spare spot and will score a free one even if we don't buy any, so I'm happy to get big free pic.

Hope everyones well and drops in here occasionaly.

kittycat01

Hi guys.

Whale-woman - sorry to hear you are having such trouble with minx... My boy is on the quieter side though he does throw a few spectacular freakers if we take something off him. Loves cables/plugs - tries to plug them in everywhere.

We just found out we are expecting no. 2 this week. Due at start of may.

How is everyone else dong?

Kitty

Bonbenoak

This group is so quiet. I remember it being so busy i cound NEVER keep up. Such lovely ladies too. Damn you fb stealing all the fun!

Amber Loren's Mum

Yeah it has gone VERY quiet in here...i check nearly every day for activity but would probably be talking to myself if i posted every day..lol. The other girls must be extremely busy with their 2yo's.

heidistar

Hi Ladies,

Yes i agree Facebook has stolen everyone, shame really isn't it?

I went back to work fulltime in Feb as the nominated supervisor at a local childcare centre. Sianna now attends 5 days a week at another centre in the area. She could come to mine, but i feel it's better for her to go to the other one as she is very clingy & would most likely make working very hard for me. Also the other centre is owned by a lady i use to work for when Nitara was little so i trust that she's taking good care of her.

Nitara started school this year. 5yrs old already!

Hope your all well & had a terrific Easter :)