Sign in to follow this  
Sandra

October 04 Parents # 217

Winnie The Pooh

OK, official time - 53.55. So YAY ME! Was hoping to do it in anything under 58 mins, so I'm stoked.

Thanks for all your support and encouragement, it really means a lot. Am thinking I'll have to post a before and after pic for you all, but may do that on FB in our group. Speaking of which, does it happen to be a "private" group, cause I'm not too sure that it is. Amanda is there a way that you can change it to private cause I'm guessing that others can see pics that we may not want them to see. I dunno though, just thought it was worth a try. Then I def won't have an issue showing my pics :)

Pam/Amanda - wow, that weather sound just awful. I'd love to have some rain here, but not that much. As Sharon said, it's been sweltering heat here. Was 40.5 at 2.30pm yesterday. YUK YUK YUK. Energy supply is struggling to cope across the state.

Sherryn - so how many cocktails did you have?? I was naughty last Saturday when I went to my g/f's 40th and was pretty well and truly "happy". Oh well, haven't done it for ages and won't do it again for a long time either.

Sharon, yeah, still think I'm plateauing, just need to shake things up a bit and try something different. Would really love to do kick boxing, but it's finding the time to fit it all in. Onwards and upwards anyway :)

Nik - did Andrew say anything upon his return from his work trip?

Better choof off and get some lunch for the hungry children.

Take care

lostmyid

V - firstly WELL DONE YOU!!! You are fantastic.

Andrew actually told the kids off for not making me a card. I've apologised to the kids for him. It's not up to them to do something 'cute' because he couldn't be bothered. As for doing something...well I guess it's come and gone because nothing is being done. He has a headache today so I've had to cancel my coffee date with a friend. Oh well, there's always the laundry to keep me occupied. He drives out on Tuesday and tomorrow he has appointment that I need to drive him to (doctors). Quality time!

Pam*B

Vanessa it's def a private group.

To upload an album that only we can see...

First upload the photos to a new dedicated album. Whilst it is uploading you will see underneath there is a "Share Album With..." option. Click on that and select "customise". Then next to "These People..." select "Only Me". When you save it make sure you click on "skip" when it asks if you want to publish it to your profile. Then you go into our private FB group and in photos choose Add Group Photos then select the album you just created.

I've just done a test one with a couple photos of Jed in it and it hasn't appeared on my profile. I'm going to ask someone to go into my albums thru my regular profile on FB and see if they can see it. They shouldn't be able to. However don't you girls bother trying, I'm going to guess that as I've now added the album to our private FB page you might be to see them both in there and via my profile anyway. I'll let you know the outcome.

Edited by Pam*B

Pam*B

Yep that worked. You can see them in the group but not in my profile and if someone other than a member of the private DIO FB group go into my albums, it doesn't appear to them.

Oh and a huge congrats to you V for your big achievement! Hurry up and take that before shot before you lose too much more weight!

Edited by Pam*B

littleman

yes jsut had a look but i am still not sure its private it appeared on my newsfeed and on my profile( the comment i left only not the photo)

am inspired to share mine now lol...remmeber htough these were taken by sam a photpgraoher..and lots of makeup lol, and good angles..next time i actually want to be a bit more daring.

didnt get to the gym today, was hot again plus we had a 40th to go to...althogh a beautiful cool windy change has come in...sooooo nice:)

Winnie The Pooh

Pam, you should be able to see my "before" pic up there, if you can't can you let me know?

lostmyid

Vanessa you look FANTABULOUS!!!

I really hope that our Oct page is private. That's where I've felt safe posting 'stuff'. Today I don't care. Anyone and everyone should know that 'apparently' I am selfish and heartless for wanting a little time away from the house and children today. Clearly with him getting a headache I didn't go and I cancelled my plans, but to have even made them in the first place...for the love of God! What more do I have to do?

GIO

Yes, the group is private. Stuff comes up on your own newsfeed - but that's because YOU shouuld be the only one logged onto YOU. It won't pop up on anyone's feed who isn't in the group.

To test:

Post a naked photo of yourself and underneath ask

"Who can see this naked photo of me?"

and IF you've done it properly, then only we will see it.

I got stuck into the champers last night. We were seeing Ty;s family for the third weekend in a row. Funny, coz two weeks ago they didn't notice my weight, then last weekend they couldn't stop raving about me, and so my SIL and BIL started Calorie King and last night were treating me like the diet guru. hahahahaha

But I'm sure they all think it happened really suddenly. I've been watching what I eat and counting my calories for over three months, and sweating it out til I want to vomit in my loungeroom. It's certainly not something that just magically happened for me.

Nik - hugs hun, we are here for you, no matter what.

Pam*B

Ah you see though, that's what people want. The magic, overnight diet.

Girls if you look to the left of the page under information you'll see it says "Secret: No public content. Members can see all content. Not displayed on members' profiles."

Shaz I'm not sure where you're going wrong...if you look in our group where Vanessa has posted her photos, and see we've left comments, but then go to her profile and you'll see none of that has appeared on her page. :shrug:

joshie

Hi All!

Well done V - LOVE the photos - you look fabulous! What did you do to lose?

Amanda - whoo hoo to you too - although to me you always look fab! You must be one of these lucky people that don't look like they have weight on then they lose some and you think "they're looking great" but you didn't orginally look like you needed to lose any............that probably doesn't make sense!! ha!

Big hugs Nic xx

Pam - oh no I hear THE Plaza flooded! Hope this wild weather is finished with you guys now too. Louise, a friend of mine who watches some weather geek website says they're predicting another cyclone to hit more us mid Feb. Hope they're wrong!!

Louise - atm I am working 4 days a week - I only have Mondays off. If Mondays don't suit you, next term I'll only be working 2 days a week (don't know how I'm going to go with that financially - kinda like having money!!). But yes, we do need to catch up.

Cocktail party was great - very tame but nice to meet some mums at our school, even if most of them are in the high school now. Found out our school dosen't have sex ed - which I find very strange.........gosh even my Catholic school had sex ed!

Alrighty, off to enjoy my 1 day to myself - ah the sound of silence!! Love it!

Pam*B

Nah slight exaggeration. There was some leaky rooves in some stores, enough to close, but that's it. Kmart had power issues but they were still open (with mood lighting lol). If there were any other more major issues it certainly wasn't apparent to the shoppers so it couldn't have been too bad. I did hear the Pt Cook shopping centre roof collapsed though (actually Amanda told me that, oddly enough). Must ask my Pt Cook friends.

Feel so tired tonight. Anyone watching the new Underbelly? This one actually looks good, and it's only a 2 hour thing, not a mini series.

GIO

Yeah, but I don't know if it's true.

Vanessa - Love the photos - you look hot!

And Yay for the great time - heaps faster than you wanted!

Sherryn, yeah, I probably looked fine and I only had a BMI of 23.6, which is still in healthy range, whereas I FEEL better at current weight.

Tooth fairy dramas last night. Little girl lost her first tooth and woke up in the middle of the night sobbing coz the tooth had gone but left no money. I was furious with the tooth fairy, but it turned out he'd left some money she just hadn't seen it. Anyway, so I oculdn't get back to sleep I was so angry, and then J awoke so there were 4 of us in the bed - so I'm back to being tired, as usual today.

Cheers

A

littleman

hi

nik - am so hoping dh sorted something nice out for you:)

v - already said congrats:) yes i need ot shake it up a bit too, its harder as you get nearer:(

Amanda - aww the toothfairy, we have had about 6 teeth gone now, its funny once the first one dropped, which was october last year they all seemed to start falling out.

pam - ohh not too much water damage then, we have had hot hot and hotter weather here terrible.

amanda - how tall are you, me being a shorter every kilo shows:(

sherryn did you enjoy your peace:)

Pam - yes i will work it out. Might post a pic of somethign else first:)

uhmm went to gym today but ate a few biccies, so naughty, sometimes i think my body just wants carbs:( oh well jsut have to go harder tomorrow, thsi is were it gets dangerous fo rme, i lose a bit, and then self reward , which does more damage lol.

pam - no i didnt realise underbelly was on, i hardly watch any tele.

Pam*B

You're right about the teeth. Eve always lost hers in spurts. She's just lost 3 in the space of a month. Jed lost his first on xmas eve so I expect a bunch more soon.

Amanda we once forgot to leave tooth money 3 nights in a row. First night was a Friday so we explained it away as "oh, maybe the tooth fairy doesn't work weekends". Then forgot the next night so used the same excuse. Then forgot Sunday night, but fortunately Monday was a PH so we said "oh she mustn't work on public hols either" :lol:. She eventually got her money (and some interest lol).

Underbelly excellent tonight.

GIO

I remember when Ty & I flew in from Europe, on the way home from the airport Ty's mum was telling us about these two policemen who had been gunned down recently, it was the first we'd heard of it.

Sharon - I'm 5'2" which I think is 162cm - well that's what I always say I am if I have to give height in metric. LOL.

Ciao

A