Sign in to follow this  
Sandra

October 04 Parents # 217

littleman

hey v - glad xmas went well. Yes I have never been one to get all the xmas stuff on sale for next year.

Walkgin is great, also a bit of me time i think is important.

I shoudl join the 12 week challenge whih one are you doing?

yes the new year is comign aorund quick.

We are off to Kangaroo Valley in Jan, hoping to get down there fpr 2 nigths just a small break.

So whats everyone wanting to do for new years resolutions??

i dont know I feel like turning a new leaf!!!

Winnie The Pooh

Hey Sharon

It's one of the threads in "your diet and fitness" section. They are going to start a 12 week challenge for Jan/Feb/Mar so I'm going to be accountable for myself through there.

DOn't have any resolutions, just to be happy and healthy (and a little slimmer, lol). Don't have any plans either as yet, we'll see what pans out.

Kangaroo Valley - I remember going there for a school or band camp a long time ago.

Pam*B

:clap: Good on you Vanessa!

I don't make official new year resolutions. I do however enjoy the motivation you can get from the fresh start of a new year. I'm planning to lose somewhere around 5kgs...not sure how much, I'll know my goal when I get there lol. Basically I want to take advantage of the 4 tennis matches a week that I'll be playing, rather than eating enough chocolate to replace the lost kj's like I did last year :lol:

Anyway, yesterday I was listening to the radio and they were interviewing someone who's written a book called "The Last 5kgs" and everything she said spoke to me. I don't believe in diets, but I do believe in metabolism being the key to weightloss and more importantly keeping it off. Going to see if I can borrow it from the library.

So how was everyone's christmas? Quiet one here, just us, my parents, and my friend Kell for lunch. G's parents in the morning, then my stepbrother and his wife came by for dinner except they didn't end up having dinner because they were so stuffed from lunch LOL. I got two Monica McInerney books so been reading myself to sleep for the last few days.

How's this, yesterday we erected and decorated a 2nd tree lol. I bought my dream xmas tree from a place called House of Christmas for half price yesterday - have had a real one for the past few years but I'm over the mess the cat makes with it, that and the fact the damn things always die before xmas day. So we took the decos off the dead tree and hung them on the new tree then turfed the dead tree :lol:

What else...went to Ikea and bought these photo frame wall shelf things. When they're up will show you. I normally avoid shopping on Boxing Day like the plague.

G and the kids are going away tomorrow without me for 2 nights! They're going up to Lake Charm, spur of the moment, and I don't want to ask anyone to look after the animals at such short notice and I'm a bit over Lake Charm in December anyway (so freaken hot in a tent). I may go up on Wed for one night but if not it's just me and the cat and dog for 3 gloriously peaceful days.

Amanda enjoy your beers. Just reading that made me feel like one actually lol...oh except I'm so over putting stuff in my stomach, I feel like fasting for a week. BTW did Leslie enjoy the gesture?

Better go start packing some bags for the kids.

:waves:

Pam*B

BTW forgot to say to Sherryn, am chuffed that you're reading my blog. I always imagine it's just me and the puter :lol:

littleman

hey pam, whos the author i would be interested in that book..i think i have heard of it before actually.

ohh some nice quiet time for then. my two dont stop fighting all day...its terrible, exhausting actually, roll on bed time:)

Pam*B

Hiya, Sharon the author is Monica McInerney. The two I got are Upside Down Inside Out, and Spin the Bottle. She wrote Those Faraday Girls which I read a while back and loved, so thought I'd try some more Monica. Turns out these two I got for christmas are a spin off from one another, which was pure accident. Funny thing was I started reading the 2nd one first, then went to bed that night and picked up the other one, thinking I had the first one, opened it and realised I'd picked up the wrong book, and that was when I noticed the same characters, so I switched. Would prefer to read them in order.

G and the kids are off now, due back Thursday. I played 2 hours of tennis this morning, now I'm looking around at what needs doing! Clean the house, do some paperwork, finish off a processing the dance photos, washing, grocery shopping...or read a book and have a coffee. Think I'll go for the latter :lol:

Winnie The Pooh

See you all in 2011 :waves:

littleman

happy new year:)

littleman

so dare i ask..whats peoples new years resolutions???

chelle+2

Just thought i would drop in to say hello , merry christmas , happy new year and all that jazz .

Hope everyone is going ok , all good here , loving being a mum of 2 and loving being off work.

Going back in Feb though for 3 days , they are really short staffed and i need to earn some leave credits to go on a holiday in September , Bali with girl friends !!!

will go in and read up on you all

xxx

Pam*B

Wow Hi Chelle, good to see you. Glad to hear being a new mum again is all you hoped for. Happy New Year to you too.

Pam*B

Oh, Graham has taken Eve to the ER, she dropped a 2kg glass paperweight on her big toe, am thinking it's broken. And the kids are off to mum's tomorrow morning for a holiday so it won't be anywhere near as much activity for her as it usually is if she has a broken toe.

Winnie The Pooh

OMG Chelle !!! :waves:

Welcome back, how are you?? Sounds like you're settling in nicely with the 2 boys now, great to hear.

We had a quiet Chrissy and an even quieter new year. Oh well, the days just roll on by now.

Pam - hope Eve's toe isn't broken, will def put a bit of a downer on her away time. H had a pkt of tiles fall on his toe and he's just lost the bottom section where it landed on the nail. Ouch. Enjoy the time without the children :). How's it all going with Jed now and his whinging/whining now that he's found his voice in the family.

Hi everyone :waves: - I'm off to bed now, knackered.

Here's to 2011. New year, new me, woo hoo :)

chelle+2

hahah vee you know exactly how i am lol :p

ps we gotta make a date before u go back to work

not good about eve pam , hope they get seen to quick and arent at hospital all night.

Edited by chelle+2

Winnie The Pooh

LOL Chelle, sprung :tongue:

Hmmm, about that catch up, might have to be before you go back to work, we'll see what we can nut out.

Pam - what's the diagnosis with Eve's toe?

Well, I've bitten the bullet and signed up here on EB to do the 12 week challenge over Jan, Feb & Mar to see what shape I can get my bod into. Only accountable to myself, but it's also about my mental capacity and a lot of will power to continue with it for as long as I can. Have set myself a goal, probably a little unrealistic, but I won't be upset if I don't achieve what I have set out to do, aim high and see what happens. I had a huge wake up call when i saw a pic of myself on H's 6th b'day. This was my "lightbulb moment". So, I've set these little goals along the way to work towards.

OK, enough about me.

How is everyone else??

GIO

Hi All

Happy New Year.

I haven't thought of any New Year solutions, maybe I should.

We are just hanging out here at Bright. Too hot to do much, so just enjoying a bludge and then in the afternoon we usually head down the creek and muck about in that. Even Jemima will sit in it!

Hi Chelle - Good to hear from you. Your holiday sounds fun!

Pam - How is Eve? Was it broken?

Vanessa - Yay on the 12 week challenge. One of the mums at school did a 12 week challenge with a PT and had a ball!

Ciao

A

Hi All

Happy New Year.

I haven't thought of any New Year solutions, maybe I should.

We are just hanging out here at Bright. Too hot to do much, so just enjoying a bludge and then in the afternoon we usually head down the creek and muck about in that. Even Jemima will sit in it!

Hi Chelle - Good to hear from you. Your holiday sounds fun!

Pam - How is Eve? Was it broken?

Vanessa - Yay on the 12 week challenge. One of the mums at school did a 12 week challenge with a PT and had a ball!

Ciao

A

lostmyid

Hi Chelle. I've been stalking you on FB. Good to see you here too.

Happy New Year girls. Very quiet here (other than the screaming). Andrew is away again...home Friday.

I popped in to see how Eves toe is...no news is good news? We have been fracture free so far this year. 3 days and no ER visits!!!

I've posted everything else on FB...seems to be the way these days.

Stay well all. Nik

Pam*B

Not broken though we get the feeling she was disappointed :lol: She is however on crutches as she can't put weight on it at all. It's, oh what do you call it...soft tissue damage. Looks painful, big swollen toe, and the bruises were immediate - in the time it took us to run to her bedroom when we heard her screaming they had already appeared. Funny as it's the third time for her in a short number of months she has acquired soft tissue damage on some part of her body.

We dropped them off on the hume hwy today and left them there. Oh my parents were there to take them haha. So they're off on hols indefinitely, basically till they get tired of their grandparents or vice versa.

Vanessa good luck, I'm really excited for you. Maybe instead of selecting an unrealistic goal you could make that your final goal and set a few mini goals over the next 3 months, with that "unrealistic" goal in mind for in 12 months. They say the longer it takes to lose it, the more likely you are to keep it off.

What else...oh G has been off the smokes since the 1st and he's doing really well. I'm really happy about it I hope it keeps going it means alot to both of us if he can do it for alot of reasons.

We stopped off at the movies on the way home from dropping off the kids. Except there is nothing on but crap right now, and not only that but crap now comes in both 2D and 3D, filling up the cinemas. The only two movies we were remotely interested in weren't on till tonight so we came home. Picked up a DVD anyway so that will suffice for now. I'm sure we'll get to movies before the kids come home, I'll make sure anyway. We're thinking about going for a massage and facial together, Graham's never had one and given he's smoke free and struggling a bit I thought it would be a good treat.

chelle+2

nick , stalk away :)

back on eb as i was talked into (thank-you though) to the 12 week challenge , so thought id drop in and say hi...

got a sig made what i was here :)

Winnie The Pooh

:dance: Chelle - :excite::excite::excite:

LOL Pam, me and my unrealistic goals. All will be OK :) it will not defeat me, be gone unwanted kg's.

Pam*B

LOL sorry, I meant to say it's only unrealistic if you set too short a time frame to achieve it. If you set some earlier goals that you can achieve, then you'll feel fantastic when you do!

Gorgeous photos of the boys Chelle.

Hey I just realised, end of this month will be 7 years since this group started. 7 YEARS!!!!!

So are we going to plan another get together?

Edited by Pam*B

lostmyid

Well I worked out what it is that I want to 'resolve' this year. Instead of editing my photos and deleting the crap ones I actually managed to take and save over 5000 images last year. My memory cards are always full, to the point of having to buy new cards when I've been out and about because the thought of deleting at crisis point made my palms sweat.

So, I have spent 2 hrs this morning DELETING images. I haven't backed them up or archived them. THEY ARE GONE. I'm feeling a little queasy at the minute but I need to be brave about this.

I card down, FOUR to go...and then I can start clearing out and editing on the computer. At this rate I think that I should be finished by maybe November?

Nik

Pam*B

LOL, I have the opposite problem. Say I'm doing a shoot with the kids with a specific purpose in mind (eg. sample album). I'll delete anything and everything that isn't up to par or what I'm looking for. Sometimes I have to go back and retrieve from the wastebin shots that I realised were keepers for another reason lol.