lucky 2

Grounding and Protection

lucky 2

Members share their techniques and practices to ground and protect.

Chicken Pie

i try and make sure i "cover" myself in white light for protection - esp because i seem to attract negative easily as i wanna fix everything etc etc and get caught up in things (i think). i do this by picturing myself covered in bright white light (like a spotlight)

Divine 37
i try and make sure i "cover" myself in white light for protection - esp because i seem to attract negative easily as i wanna fix everything etc etc and get caught up in things (i think). i do this by picturing myself covered in bright white light (like a spotlight)

I hve been doing the same exact thing. I get alot of spirits quite easily and it helps :)

Edited by Rose79

ChampersGal

This is what I do to ground.

Sit with feet flat on the floor.

Imagine your feet pushing further down into the floor

Imagine roots coming out of the bottom of your feet and plunging down into the earth. Picture in your mind the roots pushing through the carpet, through the concrete through the earth etc. feel the connection to the earth. Feel the energy of mother nature flow up through the roots right through your body and out your crown chakra, feel it flow back down and back out of your roots back into the ground.

Then go outside and in your bare feet walk around in the dirt for a few minutes.

:)

For protection I do the white light. I imagine a bubble of white light growing bigger and bigger until it completely surrounds me or car or house etc. I also imagine that a white beam of light is flowing out of my finger and i draw a white light circle around someone or the house etc.

Datrys

I've also struggled with the "wanting to fix everything" type of urge. It's a different approach, but I think knowing our boundaries and what is and is not legitimately within our control is an important part of self-protection.

It's a bit like the serenity prayer, really.

kowloon

I imagine a rich warm brown spiral coming out the earth - symbolising all the strength and power of nature - and let it spiral around me.

Then I imagine a golden light, coming down through my crown, and curling around me like sunlight and magic. Both the spirals meet at my waist and I let them circle, then let the energy back into the earth through my hands and feet.

An other grounding/removal of negativity trick - I imagine a shower of water washing the negativity away - the water is violet coloured - always does the trick!

snapchat95

The grounding technique I got was from a book I read many years ago. I don't remember what the book was called or where it is.. but the technique is to feel yourself being pulled up so you are standing tall and having gold threads coming from your head to each corner of the room. Then from your pelvis (what chakra is there again?), imagine a see-through green tube that attaches to your pelvis, goes down your legs and into your feet, then down into the earth, to the core and imagine it grounding you that way..

It always worked for me..

And if I feel too much negativity, I visualise a bubble of joined up purple stars around me. That one works too..

elcarimfarm

For grounding I find gardening to be excellent. It really connects you to the earth. Or hanging out with animals... I love spending time with my goats.

Hematite is an awesome grounding stone.

For protection, amethyst is a great one, as well as the black stones like obsidian, jet and black tourmaline. Lapis lazuli is the stone of the Archangel Michael, a great protector of the vulnerable.