Sandra

November 04 Parents # 694

dippinsniffer
FTR my two best friends are my husband and my sister.....after that there are scant few who have my complete trust and openness shared with them IYKWIM!
Same here. But mostly my husband. But, even then, there are things I don't tell him which I tell you guys as you'll don't know who I'm talking about so it's easier to discuss, kwim? Remember that catch-up I had with friends where two of them started crying 'cause they felt left out of child-bearing and catch-ups? Well, I haven't told DH any of that as I don't want him to think negatively about these friends of mine. Especially when everything is otherwise going well, ya know and has been for 20yrs! There is no one I am completely open with as I'd hate for my venting or 'down-loading' to make the person I am talking to think negatively about the person who is making me upset. That's just me, I can hold alot inside and eventually, after thinking and self-counselling, it all gets better :) .

Yeah, Kim, so much on FB is sugar-coated but there are some who put all their problems out there every week so there are times it is close to reality :smile: . But even off FB, in face-to-face convo, I would say MOST of my family, friends/acquaintances don't talk about their problems - just like I'm not open about every problem I experience :shrug: . I ask something like "How are you keeping today, how's life, how are you feeling?" and 99% of the time it's "Fine" :rolleyes: . 5yrs later you find out they have depression or marital problems or job-issues or arguing with their parents or whatever :mellow: . But I'm the same, I am selective about which problems I am willing to disclose :rolleyes: .

Having said all that, the majority of my life, I only have less than a week of bad days/yr so 99% of the time, when I say I'm feeling "great" or "fine", I AM telling the truth :lol: . On and off FB, I believe there are some problems we are happy to talk about, some we 'sugar-coat' and some we don't want to talk about and I think - for good or bad - that's just how it is :happy: .

I dropped the 3 older kids to school/childcare this morning and then managed a glorious walk with Hugo in the ergo! A double bonus, i got some exercise and smoochy cuddles with my baby! He even fell asleep in the ergo so there is hope for him to become m baby-wearing baby after all! Yay for things actually going to plan for once!!
That's Great :) ! Edited by dippinsniffer

SportySpice

b*st*rd - did a great post and whooooooooooooooosh gone!

Kim - last migraine was 4 weeks ago and before that was 8 weeks. have done investigations, just unlucky. main triggers seem to be dehydration and sleep deprivation.

head still fuzzy atm.

best buddy - Melis from school - nearly 30 years and ditto to what Kim said about trust etc - and DH is up there too I guess ;)

caro and kylie and malli and everyone with all those kids - what dip and kim also said about the doldrums and sugar coating stuff on fb...... I get them too just with the sgee!

and anyone encountering more back chat and standing their ground with these new 6yo's???/ sgee is absolutely becoming defiant with me on things!

ok - should go and do more work - early finish today

love to all xx

dippinsniffer

Yes, DD likes to argue a point especially when she's not getting her way, been like that since she was 4 :yes: . "But WHY ..." "But WHYYYY....!". But they don't go for longer than 5mins, I'm good at arguing back :tongue: . And it's not like it's all day arguing. Soon enough, she 'moves on' after a minute of foot-stomping and door-slamming and goes back to playing :rolleyes: .

Hey :) . No point doing a new post so just adding on ...

Speaking of DD, we're trying something new with her bed-time, for her sake. Remember she was born a late-sleeper? She'd fall asleep at like 10 or 11pm from the day of her birth? No matter how early we put her to bed, the earliest she would usually fall asleep was around 8:30pm. So, oftentimes, she's lying there in bed, bored out of her mind, for over an hour, poor thing.

See, we have absolutely no probs with her going to bed late as she's zero hassle, and I know for a fact that many humans are genetically wired to go to bed late and wake late, just as some go to bed at 6 and wake at 5 or whatever, left to her own devices, she'd go to bed at around 10 and wake after 8. So I know I can't change her body-clock as it's been six years now and she's still a late-sleeper. BUT, the the reason there is an issue is that she has always been a late waker too. Rarely waking earlier than 7am even as a newborn and often waking at 7:30am. Which, unfortunately, doesn't really work for school, see. Pity schools don't start at 10, that would really work for her :) .

Anyway, the past few weeks, she so often says "I'M NOT TIRED!!" so DH and I talked to her about it last night and we're going to see how she goes with being put to bed at 8:30pm. BUT, we've both made it very clear that if she wakes after 7:30am then there is No Play before school as she always does. It will have to be wake, breakfast, shower, dress, out the door. That's it. She accepts that :shrug: . So, we'll see how it goes :) .

Going for lunch with a friend and then straight after pick-up, having a friend over for dinner :) .

Edited by dippinsniffer

Snagglepussed

Dip -

I ask something like "How are you keeping today, how's life, how are you feeling?" and 99% of the time it's "Fine"
I think the reason for this is becuase "society" has taught us that 99% of people don't want the real answer.....it's become a conversation starter and that's all! Sad really

SS - Really? I honestly believe I am in some type of time warp! 4 weeks and 8 weeks ago! Man life is rushing past me! Bugger I need to slow down! LOL Look after yourself!

Got so much running around to do that I get so flustered with life in general! I am really looking forward to kicking in QLD...... bring it on!

Edited by Girolama

mamabetty

It's, like, totally awesome dudes! :D (said with a very dudey American voice lol).

SS - awww you're so sweet saying that about my legs, but guess what? I am HATING my legs atm! :rolleyes: I think it's an age thing but they are cellulitey and I'm too embarassed to wear shorts in public atm. :unsure: I'm still pretty toned just the layer on top I can't seem to shove. :cry: Ah well I'll keep plugging away at it. Sorry to hear you had another migraine but glad your dad's 90th went well. xx

PIX - you are such a legend! Which magazine so we can all buy it?

CARO - :bighug: another one for you - you are doing an amazing job. :wub:

KIM - so good to have you back in here girlfriend. Now that you have a bit of a break it's great to hear all your news. xx

DIP - jealous you got to meet our latest newborn girl. ;) Seriously it is excellent you got to meet up and represent us all for Malli xx

OUR HOUSE - ok, 2 ways we can go here. We only paid $55,000 for nearly 2 acres of land with rainforest on it. We built our bargain basement house as that is all the bank would lend us at the time. We had to compromise on many things we would have liked. If we sell this we could realistically walk away with about $500,000 BUT for the same type of block in this area or anywhere really on the Coast we're looking at $300,000+ (a few under $300,000 out there but need a lot of work). So $200,000 won't build us a much better house than we have now by the time you throw in driveway/fencing/tanks/water treatment plant/deck/pool etc etc etc. So we'd have to borrow probably another $200,000 ish to finish it off and spend a lot of time planting out etc again.

Still with me? :tongue:

OK if we knock down this one and remortgage for another $200,000 on top of the redraw we have available through our current loan we could build a new house. We would keep the existing plumbing/solar water thingy/tanks etc so that would save us quite a bit. OK we would end up with a lot higher mortgage repayment but we wouldn't have to start again as far as gardens/pool/driveway etc go. Oh and we're not really interested in purchasing an existing home.

Anyway, that's where we're at. I actually would like to just gut this place and reno it - ie put in new kitchen and ensuite and maybe build up a level, render the outside etc but now with termite damage it might be wiser to knock it right down and go blocks and steel.

Ah decisions decisions......

On that note I need a wee and lunch :laugh: Ciao for now...........xxxxx

Snagglepussed

Sounds like a plan! I think you are wise to weigh it all up!

Too often we make rash decisions (going back to my Billy goat/ram approach to life that often gets me in strife)......

Hubby's work have won an important tender for the World Soccer Cup in NZ........they had a presentation saying that they needed people and their doors are open! Hmmmmm.....could we do a NZ stint??????????? I get sooooo lulled by the other side of the bridge! Pity for the Trolls!

And speaking of NZ I am just so shattered for the families of those lost miners! :( Such joy when I heard they had made contact and them whammo! All gone! :( I often wonder if they can be 100% SURE that they are all dead!!! What if some of them are still alive in there???? The thought doesn't bear thinking about really!

A sombre time!

manhattan

I got to see Malli and meet her beautiful new baby today. :wub:

RockPaperScissors

hi! can't believe i'm posting, lol. gorgeous big congrats to malli (missed your baby girl's name) and to pix, with another little girl on the way, yayayayayyyy! so much to say, so little free time these days - boo. think about you all and wonder about where everyone is at...

we're all well, although max had two days off school this week (high temps + sore throat) and cleo must've been feeling a bit off, too. i posted on FB this morning that she was having a 7am nap today... the perils of 430am wake ups :wacko: these early wakes are the source of my daily stress, my exhausted face and body and mind... not good!!! aaron is home this week, so that's lovely... these past two weeks have been tough going, so good to have him home!

big kisses xxx

Snagglepussed

Hi girls! Had a tiring weekend but all good!

Friday actually I spent the day in the city doing citizenship stuff (Italian) then my sister and I went to Yum Cha in Chinatown! Yummo!

Sat we had a work Family day at Luna park which was great. The kids had a ball!!!!!! Although my baby (Bec - 9) got a spot of blood in her pants! :o Yikes! Periods at 9.......she has had nothing since then but I have had a talk to her, she wasn't at all phased by it all and has gone off to school this morning with a pad and a pair of knickers in her bag just in case. I will talk to her teacher this afternoon!!!!! I was 11 but sheesh I wasn't expecting it soooo soon!!!! At least she will have fond memories of her first experience....I was on a freaking Sports and Rec Camp on bivouac in the rain when I got mine! :( Horrible Horrible Horrible!

Sun - we did 5 hours of gardening and cleared ALL of it! I now have three HUUUUUUGE piles of debris to be removed! Ugh! But we also found a hole about the width of a large grapefruit at the edge of the paving (that has been very uneven for years now) that goes down over a metre...... Double :o ....The soil is really soft and it doesn't look too safe! I have visions of waking one morning and finding a sink hole in my back courtyard!!!!!! Will ring the agent today for what it's worth!!!!

Maz - how was your Dad's birthday? That was this weekend wasn't it?

I am doing a Uni TuneUp course in writing skills and I wish I hadn't done it as it's all stuff I really do know (but I guess it is good to revise all this) and I am sooooo tired of logging onto Uni each day! Sigh! Oh well!

Results out Friday! I know I have one HD in Forensics as I have received my final assignment mark back so I can work it out! Phew!

Cheers and have a good week everyone!

Edited by Girolama

SportySpice

kim kim kim.... dad's 90th was last w'end 21 Nov - it was really lovely, just my bro, SIL and the kids and of course mum and dad. really simply bbq and cake and everyone was happy! :D

full on week at work ahead.....

will be cd1 tomorrow - i'm F*&king tired with it all. :angry: sorry..... but you do everything when you're meant to (and i know we've got "issues"... with swimmers and stuff) but you shag and shag and shag on ALL the right dates and still no little basssssssssstard swimmer can meet up with a friggin egg! :(:blink::rant: well we'll have Dec and Jan at it and then Feb will be ivf..... oh bloody hum

got the little one next to me (DH away) and she's sort of reading over my shoulder!!

night all ! :D xx

dippinsniffer

Hi :) . I keep popping in many times a day but you probably all know I'm waiting for a new thread as this thread could be locked at anytime and I don't want my personal news to get locked in :rolleyes: . Nothing earth-shattering, just the 'usual' ... quiet work, party Sat, party Sunday, party Monday (and all the associated grocery-shopping, cleaning, cooking), two catch-ups today (Tues), exciting Wed followed by another party, exciting Thurs and Fri ... but I can't post anything specific till the new thread :rolleyes: . But I'll post replies for now as I could be waiting for a new thread till Jan :lol: !

Jodie, aw, thanks for saying I was a representative to Malli for this group :) x.

Yes, looks like a few things to think about re the house. But it also sounds like you'll might have already come to a bit of a solution with 'knock-down, re-build'.

Kim, yeah, I was wondering on similar lines to Jodie a few months ago ... do you like being back in here, in this group, posting as often as you do now? I like having you back :) .

This NZ World Cup tender, what sort of work is it?

Your weekend sounded great ... yumcha at China Town, Luna Park and all the cleaning up in the garden ... lotsa fun stuff :) . And a HD in Forensics to wrap it all up, good job :yes: !

Period at 9! That is very young. I think medically it's called 'Precocious Puberty'? I was 11 too but that's not classed as young from a medical pov though it is youngish. I was thinking, it could just be her body getting ready for the real thing and she might not have a bleed for months and months. Maybe she'll just get the odd spot here and there before something regular happens in a couple of years. The reverse of what some women go through with menopause .... my mum thought she'd finished menopause (this was about a year ago) as she'd not had a period for 9mths then one day, she got some spotting again and knew her body was just getting ready for ending periods but hadn't actually ended them.

Yes, I actually heard about the miners as it happened as I was listening to the radio in the car at the time and felt a bit choked up :mellow: and those distressed family photos that came through, so so sad, many of them will have such miserable Christmas' :( . And now they say a fire is still burning ....

Tanya, it sounds like you're upto your eye-balls when Aaron is away .... now that you'll have been doing this for months now, is it getting harder (to me it sounds like it but I could easily be wrong) or easier and more manageable? The 4:30am wakes would be a very difficult! That would make even easy things challenging. Are you getting any rest at all? Even an hour?? Take care x.

SS, yeah, the perils of them knowing how to read :lol: . If I wanted to talk about something 'secret' to DH, I used to spell out some words ... but not anymore :lol: !!

And now I can't even attempt to spell s.e.x. (as we sometimes did when talking about it in-front of the kids) as I don't want her saying that word and asking q's about it yet. She knows basics about the baby-making as she asked but sex unrelated to baby-making, she had no idea about and that's just fine by me at this stage :) .

Edited by dippinsniffer

Snagglepussed

I went to the Drs yesterday with a shopping list:

Alessia - excema and immunisation info (still haven't done her 4 yo ones)

Me - varicose veins and script for bloods (check out thyroid)

Bec - period stuff!

Dr said that she is not precocious as these days precocious is considered before 8 in girls! :o

Basically he was explaining that if you do bone scans to see how her paltes are it would probably show that her bone age was around 11 or 12 and not 9. Thus, as far as early puberty goes there is no risk that she will "stop" growing at an ridiculously early age as most bones stop growing around 17....so she may be 14 or 15 - I am confident she will be a fine height by then (145 or thereabouts now)....

So that placated me somewhat. Also she has been gas bagging on the phone like a "right" teenager with her 11 year cousin about periods and what not (she hasn't go them yet - much to her chagrin being th eolder cousin) and Bec even got on the phone to tell my sister etc etc so she is totally cool with it! She is a such a lovely little girl! Mwwwaaahhhhhhhh!

Just sent away for my exam result on my Behaviour Modification unit as I am dying to know how I went! Even though all results are out Friday - this unit was very good and important to me!

SS - sorry about the stuff up! My brain is still in "I dont have to think" mode! Glad it was great!

I have jsut finished reading Life of Pi! The best book I have read in a long time! Love love loved it! Highly recommend it if you haven't read it!

Dip - I do love being back in here! I serioulsy couldn't keep up with you all back then! I was always in the Expat thread too - which has died a natural death unfortunately but I do keep in contact with a lot of them and a lot of us are back here in Aus now!

AHHHHHH just got my exam result - 91% so another HD overall! Woot! 2 more subjects to get back!

Going off to gloat to hubby! Cheers!

dippinsniffer

Kim, ah, I didn't know the age of precocious puberty changed. I thought once it was under 11, it would always be under 11. But they've changed it to under 8, that's interesting ...

Yeah, we only got DD's 4yr old immunizations a few months ago. DS is flatly, absolutely, 100% refusing. So I truly don't know what to do with him. Someone suggested we do it while he's sleeping, here at home, but DH is not so sure about that :shrug: . He might be like 12 before he gets them :rolleyes: . I'm not fussed.

Snagglepussed

My only concern with NOT getting the immunisations done was that the ones up until now would have been in vain! But the Dr said that is not the case..... I might just bite the bullet and book her in (much to her disgust)....... I'll bribe her with a present!

Dip I forgot to answer your question about DH's work. He is in telecommunications so the tender is for all the mobile connectivity in the village etc etc....don't know all the details!

The funny thing is, being in NZ they are worried about volume of tourism and are actually thinking of selling packages whereby they move about the country on cruise liners to get to all the games or they fly them over with accom in Sydney/Melbourne!!!!! Bizzare eh?

SportySpice

:rant: how friggin F*cked is this....

cd1 today.

on Monday 27 Dec when WE FLY OUT ON OUR HOLIDAYS I'll be cd28 therefore having a cycle around 30-31 days I'll HAVE AF on hoiidays with me.

Over it.

dippinsniffer

Argh! How annoying, SS! But what a coincidence, I had AF in Hawaii too when we went in '08 :o:happy: ! Yes, sucked. But more sucky for you as gosh! if you're not going to be pregnant, you should at least be able to have fun swimming and stuff!! Tampons? Diva Cup? On the slightly bright side, your period won't be happening the whole time you're there, will it? There will be days when you are period-free or no?

SportySpice

Dip - my period lasts about 2-3 days..... first day is the main one and then it's pretty light - tampons gal - and that's about it.

I sent DH an email yesterday (he's away) outlining our "on" week so I can be utd or at least test +ve just before we go! LOL wishful thinking.

And looked up Scott too ;) Mr Andrew!

loads on this week!

love ot all

Snagglepussed

Oh damn buggery poo bum wee SS! That sucks! I HATE AF on hols and I imagine you especially hate AF full stop! Grrrrrrrrrrr

*Caro*
got the little one next to me (DH away) and she's sort of reading over my shoulder!!

Emmy still isn't the most proficient reader, but she has an uncanny knack of reading the newspaper upside down in the morning! It's kinda weird! :rolleyes: I hope that a swimmer manages to get out his compass and find his way to an egg quick smart!!! :D Preferably before you go on holidays!

Jodes, thanks for explaining the house thing. I think in your situation, I would be tempted to do a rebuild where you are. We have thought about doing that here, but I'm holding out for somewhere I can walk the kids to school - getting 4 kids in and out of the car is bugging me!!

Happy Birthday to Nic's P and Julie's Kasey!

Can't believe all the babies are turning 6! I went to Em's Kindy concert aka Singalong today. It was so sweet, I got tears of pride and love and joy in my eyes. Then I went to postnatal yoga with Hugo and told all the first time mums about it, and they looked at me like "what do you mean, you have a six year old!? Whoa, do babies grow up?!" Well, maybe I was projecting, but that's how I felt when Em was a baby ;) And now she really is six :D

I got pulled aside by Zahra's room leader/preschool teacher at childcare yesterday. She was preparing end of year portfolios and going through all the kids' artwork, and noticed that Zahra had repeatedly written 'Emmeline' on her pictures. She thought it might be related to sibling rivalry. I asked Zahra about it, but she said she just liked to practice writing the name... hmmm. weird? normal? what do you think?

I think I am adapting to sleep deprivation. Last week I was so weepy. This week, I'm just as tired, but feel much more grounded and ok with it. I can't think straight, but at least I'm not a blubbering mess! I amresigned to the fact that Hugo isn't going to be a good sleeper, but at least this time around, I can see light at the end of the tunnel, whereas going through it with Zahra felt like the end of the world. I'm also probably just more used to being tired now. Zahra is on antibiotics for her tonsillitis that need to be given every 8 hours, on an empty stomach - total PITA! - so I have been going into her room at night to wake her and give it to her. Its so funny, but I really have to work hard to wake her up!! LOL, talk about irony!! :lol: (god, I have just used 'irony' in the right context haven't I? I hate using that word :rolleyes: )

KylieB

Caro - Sarah always writes her siblings names, too. I think it is more of the usual yours and your mum, dad and brothers are the first names you can usually consistently spell? Not sibling rivalry? :shrug:

OMG, it is cold.It is minus 4 with a windchill. I went to a Harvey Norman type place to pick up a few decorations etc. They have it set up with free rides outside (carousel, little train) and the kids and I froze! Home to the warm. Just waiting for it to start snowing again as they are pretty sure there will be another 24 hours almost non-stop.

DH has been away for work since Tuesday morning. Hopefully see him again tomorrow evening. Probably visit the Frankfurt markets this weekend. Maybe some sledding.

Got to go. Thinking of you all. Malli, SS (I've seen your news, Buggar :() and everyone else...Mwah!

X

dippinsniffer

SS, that's it, he's the one :yes: . I was so happy to hear he got the job, it's one of those jobs that I find amazing as the SCC events teams have lots of work managing fun stuff in this wonderful city of ours :) . Are SCC involved at all in Oprah's coming or is that another organization?

Well, sounds like you will be period-free for most of your Hawaii trip, at least :) . It would've sucked if you were there for say 5 days and had a period for 5 days as I'm sure has happened to some tourists!

Caro, I'm glad to hear you're less tired - getting used to broken sleep - this week :) .

I would have thought that if Emmeline and Zahra are playing or getting along well most of the time, that Z writing E's name many times just meant she was special to her :shrug: . I would not have thought of negative connotations. If she was drawing lots of angry or sad pictures with E's name written all over them, I might have thought differently but in this case, seems fine to me.

Re waking Z for the abs, even if every 8hrs, I'm sure it won't matter if you don't wake her overnight for them? Just give a dose straight before bed and then next straight after waking? Just a suggestion as even in hospital, we rarely wake for ab's by mouth unless they're every 6hrs or something. Our times tend to be 8, 12, 17, 21 ... give or take an hour. Sometimes 6, 12, 17, 22. Just wanting to make things easier for you :) .

Kylie, a 6mth long, freezing winter ahead, hey. I can think of lots of negatives but I shan't speak of them and I'll focus instead on all the ... well ... one, actually .. positive: SNOW play :) . And I guess it's nice snuggling under duvets/doonas by the warmth of a roaring fire :) . And there is something to be said for a European White Christmas, even I will admit to that :yes: .

Bye :) .

Edited by dippinsniffer

SportySpice

Dip - I'm fishing around about some Oprah stuff - the LM MAY hold some sort of reception, but Premier's and SHFA (Sydney Habour Foreshore Authority) will be managing it.... mainly Premier's Dept.

lots on here!

xx

Snagglepussed

Pity you can't wangle tickets SS......maybe she'll do are 'WE ARE ALL GOING OT NEW YORK" reciprocal thing for us Aussies! LOL

Caro -

I would not have thought of negative connotations. If she was drawing lots of angry or sad pictures with E's name written all over them, I might have thought differently but in this case, seems fine to me.
I would have thought this as well. Me thinks she is an over-analysing teacher! I think it's cute that she writes it and maybe she find Emmeline with all those round letters easier to manage than Zahra! Z's are hard man!!!!! ;)

I keep thinking about your Mum (wasn't it?) saying "no-one ever died from sleep deprivation?" Well they DID use sleep deprivation as a war time torture and it can most certainly kill if prolonged and intense........so throw that back at her and tell you just want compassion thanks.....not logic! LOL Hope you get some good shut eye soon! :)

Kylie - I am missing the whole snow thing and I know what I would prefer.....this rain is beginning to get me down! Ugh!

It's been snowing in Milan heaps too! sigh!

Day off tomorrow which I really need as I am soooooo unmotivated here in the office (as my daily post count reminds me)!

Edited by Girolama

*Caro*
Caro - I would have thought this as well. Me thinks she is an over-analysing teacher! I think it's cute that she writes it and maybe she find Emmeline with all those round letters easier to manage than Zahra! Z's are hard man!!!!! ;)

Yes, zahra is pretty hard to write. I hadn't thought of that! She looks up to Em too, so it makes sense that she'd want to 'include' her in her pictures. Thanks, you guys and my sister have made me feel better. My sister's eldest at this age used to draw lovely colourful pictures - and then cover them in black! Now, that would freak you out!! ;)

I keep thinking about your Mum (wasn't it?) saying "no-one ever died from sleep deprivation?" Well they DID use sleep deprivation as a war time torture and it can most certainly kill if prolonged and intense........so throw that back at her and tell you just want compassion thanks.....not logic!

yes, my mum is all cute and nice at first, but underneath it, she is a hard woman!! She is a very tough cookie and expects that others will just 'get on with it'. :rolleyes:

Kylie, you guys must be so cold over there. I can't imagine how many layers you must need to go out. My BIL was in Zurish the other night - it got down to minus 18! Yikes! how do you cope for so long with Mike away? I was thinking of you last night as I put the kids to bed on my own for the 2nd night in a row - but at least DH came home from taekwondo after a few hours, he wasn't away all night...

The sun is finally out here today! woo hoooooooooo!

Dip, on the abs thing, it is actually more convenient in some ways to give it to her at night as I go to bed - esp on childcare days, as it means I don't have to worry about sending abs to care and get them to somehow give it to her on an empty stomach... Nearly finished now anyway, phew!

Brat

Hey guys! Haven't posted in YONKS! Thanks for all Kasey's birthday wishes. She had such a great day :) Back to normal Kasey today though :D

Hope all our 'babies' had a wonderful birthday.

What is everyone up to for Christmas?

This is MY first vegetarian Christmas - how wrong is that! mmm Turkey :rolleyes: . Might indulge in a seafood platter!

We are having Chrissy at our house again this year (it's the biggest and messiest so makes sense!). Was looking forward to having Mum stay the night and doing a santa stocking for her (I hate the thought of her waking alone Chrissy morning!) but now my Brother and SIL (evil one!) have decided to leave QLD and move back here! They are driving and leaving QLD on 20 December! Bloody hell! So Mum will have 5 extras staying with her (no jobs, no money etc etc) in her unit - they are the most selfish, using people you will every come across!! BIG SIGH. and I now have to seat an extra 5 in my house Christmas day. But hey what's Christmas with out LOTS OF NOISE and CHAOS!!!. I should be happy - meanie I am.......

What else....

I have been offered my old job back at Bright Eyes (Sunglasses) same hours, more money (just) and more flexibility. So thinking about that. Not sure what to do.

Still gyming HEAPS :) I am now officially the lightest I have been in 9 years :) and no longer 'overweight!!!' Feeling good. Usually do 1 hr weights followed by 20-30 min jog 4 times a week.

Oh and Proud Mum moment. Tomorrow is the end of school concert and I received a phone call telling me that one of my kids is receiving a major award :) I have a feeling it is Kasey (she is a charmer and has come a long way, for her IYKWIM) but hope it is Sarah as she is such a smarty, top of her class but because she is well behaved and fairly consistent NEVER gets recognised for it. Will fill you all in tomorrow no doubt :)

Sad for me as we are moving to a new school next year. We ALL love the one we are at and it doesn't make any sense at all to move......but we think it will be worth it in the long run. Closer school with Middle School attached. I will give it a term and if I'm not happy move them back and rethink things. Our current school is tiny and such a fantastic community. Iam such good friends with the teachers and parents, as of course are the girls. Every single person knows and loves Ashton too :( Next year is a huge new school filled with little sh*ts ;) Time will tell.

Kylie I just love looking at your photos. I ADORE Christmas and although I have lived here my whole life, when I see your pics, it feels like Christmas here is fake compared to yours, if that makes sense. Everything is so spectacular and joyful looking :) But yeh you can keep the layers of clothes thanks....

Ok, have pass the parcel to wrap for Kasey's party on Sat. Want to get organised while I am alone (ash is alseep). Kasey wants a pink party with only girls :rolleyes: . Ash wants to borrow her Pink Dress :D , ahhh I love that boy. He tells everyone he is part girl, has begged for a Princess cake next year, then in the next breath picks up a weapon and 'kills' everyone :D

Bye for now. Love to you all. x