Sandra

November 04 Parents # 694

mamabetty

2 posts in 2 days!!!!! :D

CARO - :bighug: just for you xx

PIX - :dance: just for you xx Great news about the photography retreat too!

YOGA - I will go and do a class again at some stage but for now I'm happy to do it at home for a bit. I might try the one near the school for something different.

Took both boys to school today and got the call for Zac at 12.00 :rolleyes: His rash was getting redder so took him to the chemist and got some antihistamine liquid for him. Hopefully that will clear it all up but he's home until it's gone. :rolleyes:

Had the house bug sprayed this morning and he found termite damage. :( Getting an inspection next Tuesday - more money. We're thinking of knocking down this house and starting again so if it's riddled maybe we'll do it sooner rather than later. :ph34r:

OK off to get Maxi moo shortly - be good xxxxx

KylieB

Hiya!

Just a short one from me as time seems to be getting away from me always. I have to take the car in to drop for a service and the ball joints replaced. I did go last week but they stuffed up so I was waiting with 4 tired, bored and grumpy kids for an hour and a half. Hope they have the replacement car organised for me. I really cannot go without the car as I have no way to get kids to school. And I've washing to put out, fold, dishes. Not that one has anything to do with the other :rolleyes:

Anyway.

Pix, great news.

Tombi, well done on the Uni front. I think I may have to look into it, as well. I'm feeling a little...hemmed in at the moment.

Kim, great that Uni is finished and you can relax for a while.

Ah, can't keep up lol

Christmas is just about in full swing here. First advent is when everything revs up, with the beginning of everyone's Christmas markets. I can't wait for our trip to London. It will be a treat asking for things in my native language for a bit. It will feel a little more relaxing than having to think about things every single moment. I am also toying with doing our ski trip just after Christmas, given Aggi only gets 3 weeks off then the next holidays is Easter where the snow won't be so abundant.

Predicting snowfall overnight next Wednesday. Just light but will be lovely to see first snow :)

Love to everyone. Thought I'd best get in on the post frenzy ;) XXXXXX

Edited by KylieB

dippinsniffer

Hi :) .

Pix, I'm guessing ... girl? No reason. No vibe. Just a wild guess :) . I'm glad it's all worked out.

Yes, our mutual friends are great fun to catch-up with, we really enjoy their company :) .

The photo work-shop sounds brilliant :yes: !

Yes, where are you HELEN? I think of you all the time and hope you and your family are happy and healthy. Hoping the less posts are due to 'good busy' with school, school activities, GL, friends and travelling :) .

And Tanya n Alicia, how's life with you guys? Super-busy?

Kim, I hope you have a restful and relaxing first day without work and uni despite having citizenship stuff to sort :) . DH's bro finishes today too :) .

Aw Caro, :) hoping for a much better day today.

SS, 90th! Excellent! Plans?

Jodie, termites! That sux! I'm in the middle of organizing an inspection on ours as we've not had it done since we moved in a few yrs ago.

Kylie, "they stuffed up so I was waiting with 4 tired, bored and grumpy kids for an hour and a half" grrrr, how annoying! And the dishes and washing and folding ... not related to the car but it does all add up when one is having a very busy day. Which actually makes them all related: they all make your day very busy :) . I'm not surprised you're feeling "hemmed in".

Though the trip to London and skiing sound like just the tonic even though I understand travelling with 4 kids is not easy, at least Mike's there which makes it more of a break :) .

I've made a new friend at work :smile: . Well, not 'new' as such but new friend to catch-up with. We've known each other for 15yrs but only at work. She's lovely. But this year, we've really hit it off and she sits with me whenever we see each other at work-meetings and a couple of months ago, she offered to catch-up outside of work so yesterday, we organized something for Dec. I'm happy about that :) . Why do I sound like an immature school-girl :lol::blush: .

Edited by dippinsniffer

KylieB

Dip, as soon as I turned up today, the guy from last week came up to me saying "hello, Frau Boyd, how are you?". Everything was processed fairly quickly and he asked me for the card from the week before that the guy wrote on to say I had a booking etc as they needed it for "proof" :o I have this big 7 seater car :D and even though I still have to pay as they don't do complimentary courtesy cars here, I have to have a car if I get any work done on mine. So all is good. Ball joints (in the car, my dear)will be fixed for our trip.)

No, you don't sound like a school kid. Actually, I have been invited to so many things lately and we have made a lot of new friends since being out here! Sat night we are going to a school mums house. Her husband met us for the first time 2 weeks ago and asked his wife where she had been hiding us. He is a wise a*se, funny, also an ATCer (tower controller) and oh so French! We all had a heap to talk about, Aggi had gone to a kids party and told everyone Id drunk too much alcohol, so as soon as I turned up he started making cracks about having a bottle of red wine stashed away for me since he knew my weakness yadda yadda. So, same type of thing. It is nice when you "click" with someone. You just never know.

My feelings are more of the type that I watch most other people working, or studying and enjoying it to a certain degree. My status here doesn't yet allow me to take up employment, plus I would still need to find care for Rhys. But I know it is shortlived. Just that my days as an ATCer seem further and further away and I loved my job. But if I work, it takes away from us having holidays so until our travel itch is done, I suppose I'll just have to suck up my miserable life :tongue: Only joking. I am very fortunate. Just wish the Australian money could stop coming over here.

Got to go. Done a run tonight (treadmill). Just finished dishes. Now I'm going to get ready for bed and have a beer!

Night X

*Caro*

thanks for the hug, Jodes, it really helped! :) Yesterday was just truly sucky.

Pix, I forgot to say - I vote girl too!! :babygirl:

Kylie, I have been putting off getting our 7 seater serviced because I won't have any way of getting me and the kids around. :whistle: Really must figure something out... I must say, I have wondered a few times how you have managed to make such good friends over there. You have a group of people that you can go away with for the weekend, whereas I haven't made so much as a coffee mate through school :rolleyes: Thank god for my old work contacts and my ACT EBers or I'd be a lonely ole sausage, I tell ya! I just don't know how to make friends, I think... :unsure:

KylieB

Caro, I've had to really make an effort because I'd go crazy otherwise. The expat community and German people associated with that is a very supportive network because we are all in a similar boat, with everything seeming like a mountain to get over, ya know? Also, it is very community based here. Much like Australia was back in the old days :) It was easy for me to be complacent at the other house as I did the drop off for Aggi and was gone. No time to chat or do kids playdates. But I have a load more time now. By the way, the girls weekend? One lady is the wife of a controller I've worked with for 15 years, the other is the partner of a guy I did my ATC course with back in 89. The other is a mum of kids at the same school as Aggi but was also a controller in Melbourne. So it was sort of already a grou, no friendship formations required! lol

I have to push to get a car serviced. If they want my business, then they can provide me with the means of doing so. Ask them if they have a spare one. Only thing is, if it is a small service, paying for the hire/courtesy car is a PITA. Have they Saturday servicing? Some of them also come out to pick up (not over here, they don't), or can do a basic service at your house OR if you drop it in, tell them you have only 4 hours and they should be able to do a minor service in that time. It is imperative you really spell it out to them the importance of getting that car back or they just don't get it. That is my experience, anyway. Or you end up stuck and stresses because your car isn't ready and the kids are at school!

Okay, got to start lunches. I wake at 0530 every morning. Blerk.

pixiefish

Yep its a little :babygirl::wub: :wub:

mamabetty

Oh Pix how excitement! :D What a perfect little family! xx

CARO/KYLIE - I too hate getting the car serviced. Either you sit around waiting (b o r i n g) or get them to drop you somewhere. Now that my Prado gets serviced in Nambour there is nowhere around there I would particularly like to go. So we wait until DH is home in the wet and he takes it in for me. It's due now actually but it's running fine so no biggie. CARO I have made some really nice friends this year with Zac's prep class mums. I have actually been invited to a few events but for one reason or another haven't gone but I should make the effort. I also get on really well with one of the soccer mums that organised our Futsal team and the boys have play dates and we get on the wines lol. So all my friends thus far since moving to Qld have come from the school/sporting community. :)

DH has the cold now so he's been in bed all day. I'm bored as it's been drizzling all day so now I'm ordering a pizza online as I can't be fagged cooking. :rolleyes: Have a good weekend girls. xxxxx

Guest Mini-Grey

Hey Girls,

Jodes

Thanks for the reminder, our Prado is due for a service too! The first one since we got it, should I brace myself for the $$?!

Pix

Awww, congrats, a girl, very sweet. :) Miss Z will like that I am sure!

Caro

If I was living in Perth I'd be in the same boat as you. Thank good for my EB and blogging buddies. But up here, we have been more social than ever. Made heaps of friends, mostly teachers but a few mum's from the girls classes. I pinch myself sometimes on how we did it. But saying that, two of those friends are leaving at the end of the year. Which will be sad but I think new friends will come into town like we did.

Tan

I wasn't logged into Blogger when I looked at your snaps the other day, so didn't have the chance to say, great shots! How big is Cleo??! She has grown.

A bit of news to share. DH got the official thumbs up that we will be here next year. We thought we would but weren't 100% sure, the Ed Department could have moved us. So that is good news, we are pleased, the girls are settled and DH is fitting into other teaching duties, like he is being groomed in a way to stay longer. Even though groomed is a funny word to use, KWIM? I've been full time for two weeks now which has had its moments but is going okay. The new programme I am involved in will most likely run next year too, which is why they are starting it now with only 4 weeks of school to go, to iron out any hassles now, start in 2011 all ready to go. Out of the 3 other ladies doing it, I'm the only one who will be here next year! So DH reckons I'll have a job there next year too. The deputy who implented the programme gave me a bunch of flowers yesterday to thank me for all my work, so that was nice, doing something right even though I feel like sometimes I am just stumbling my way through! Shh, don't tell! Milly has been a bit clingy a few times but I have been lucky I can just pop into the PP area and say hi during recess which is great. Grace got her second merit certificate of the year on Friday, her teacher said to me it is a delight to write her report. Which is nice to hear. I can't remember did I mention to you guys a lump near my C scar? I think before Christmas? Dip, you have a great memory, did I? I think I did. Well its been getting a bit bigger and tender to touch, so I went and got an ultra sound a few weeks ago. It was "inconclusive" and the radiographer said in all the years she has been doing ultrasounds, she's never seen anything like it. Huh? So the doctor has organized going up to Darwin to have a needle biopsy and possibly a CAT scan on it. On the plus side, lunch with Jules! And maybe a few hours shopping in Darwin on the day before. Fly up on Wednesday the 8th, hospital stuff on the 9th, back to KNX on Friday. Flying solo, DH and the girls can't come, would be impossible. I will have to be brave. ekk! Otherwise all is good! Went out last weekend and some some aboriginal rock art which was pretty cool, must blog it.

Edited by Mini-Grey

dippinsniffer

Good Morning :) .

Kylie, car-serviced, friends .. sounds good :) .

Pix! A girl! Congrats :) !

Caro :) , in the hopes it makes you feel less friendless, I went through my entire address-book and I've made very, very few new friends. I have school & work friends whom I've known for 10-20yrs and you guys. So they all go back a long way. In the past 5yrs, I've made 4 new friends through kid-related ventures eg play-group or school.

Helen, really nice to hear all your news :) .

Yes, you definitely told us about your lump and I think some of us said it might be scarring but now we know it's not.

Good luck with the biopsy, what a bummer you have to travel to get such a simple procedure done but such is life in the northern-reaches of Oz :) . But it's an opportunity to catch-up with Julie (kid-free!) which is great :) .

Edited by dippinsniffer

pixiefish

Very quiet in here :thumbs::excite::clap::dance: maybe if i do a little dance, people will post

helen - the move sounds so fantastic for you guys, really working out and next year now, wow! So happy for you guys....

Worked all weekend and managed to throw my back out somehow... its a little better this morning but I bet it will get worse as I have a full day's editing to do arrrghh

Bit of work excitement: my brother's wedding was in yesterday's Sunday papers so hopefully get some biz from that AND my first magazine published wedding is appearing in Sydney Bride this December, I am so excited about that :happy: ... so happy with how its all turning out :)

Edited by pixiefish

Snagglepussed

Well done Pix! Wow you are just going from strength to strength!

Had a lovely weekend. Spent Sat in pamper mode....3 hours hairdressing stint then I went and had a manicure and pedicure and bikini wax (ouch)......

Sat night at my sisters for combined fam birthday dinner and the BEST pav (I am a star) then yesterday we had our 12th Wedding Anniversary so we went and did The Spit to Manly scenic walk (10km and 5 hours)! Glorious day....the kids were amazing! They lost the plot a little about 2 km from the end......

We were so exhausted that we came home, ordered pizza and were in bed at 9.30pm! We are NEVER in bed before 11.30pm usually!

Doing a three week online Tune Up writing course at Uni! Need to tweak my essays and what not! Bleagh! Don't feel like doing it but it's not too taxing thank God!

Bye.....at work!

SportySpice

Morning!

quickie from me,

migraine and pretty sick, was meant to be heading to Malli's, then I was called to go to CBR for sitting today and i'm in bed - on line for about 10 mins then back to sleep for me - too much throwing up - yuk yuk yuk.

dad's 90th b'day was lovely. family over for a bbq and just really nice and laid back and all good.

wedding on Sat was beautiful and I teared up sooooooooooo much. good to see Pix there too! ;)

i'm just busy, mirgaine and sinus playing up so resting today as rest of week (and next 3) are out of control!

tombi - jodes has sensational legs! :D

jodes - demolish the house??? details please!

dip, caro, kylie and everyone else - hiya and love to you all

lying down now - eyes are hurting!

boo to me. grrrrr head.

xx

Malli

Good on you pix for making it in the papers and magazine. How do you get picked to be in the mag or is it something the ride organises?

Dip - Finally glad to have met up with you. Your DS is such a well behaved boy! He didnt move till my DS started discussing Bob the Builder :) We will have to met up before I head back o/s. Thanks again for the gift for DD. After you left she stayed up for 2 hrs :)

Pix - Nic - Julia - Kim - Maz : Wish you could have made it today. Will need to organise another day when more of you are free and none of the kids are sick.

Im tired and need to grab a nap while bubs is sleeping. I have the whole 5 here today as one was unwell and all sorts of my children woke up during the night.

*Caro*

Geez, Maz, that's no good. Another migraine :(

Jodes, surely your house is too young to knock down? I thoght you guys only build a few years back?!

Pix, you are definitely on the up and up! well done! :thumbs: How are you going to do this with a new bub? will you just scale back for a few months?

Helen, great to hear how things are going with you guys. Sounds like you have really settled in there :)

Great weekend, Kim!

Thanks for all the comments on the friend thing. Kylie, I feel much better now, knowing that were English speaking friends, most of whom you knew before. That is much more realistic! I'm not lonely or anything - I'm too busy to be lonely! I do love my ACT EBers though. We meet fairly regularly for breakfast and the occasional play date. Its a nice top up to my other social outlets!

I know we aren't meant to wish away our time with our babies or kids, but I can't help but countdown till Hugo is a bit older and less needy. I've never been a huge baby fan and I'm really not enjoying it at the moment. Not Hugo so much, he is lovely, its just the constant putting off things because he needs to be fed, and settled, and he is waking heaps. I feel quite overwhelmed a lot of the time and like I can't get anything done. It's not that I'm not coping, I am coping, but it feels like a difficult, teary struggle. At least I know I am done at 4 - the thought of a 5th give me cold sweats. I'm really looking forward to actually enjoying the lead up to Christmas next year.

KylieB

Maz - :(

Malli - I bet you are tired!

Caro - It gets better. It does. I've been there. And I'm beginning to see how it works on the other side. You have no real support network, young kids. It is tough on the mental and physical side with tiredness. But you will make it through and in there you will have days when you feel your awesomeness in the background. I can't say anything other than that because I'm just getting to that "other side".

Got to go :)

*Caro*

Thanks Kylie. I know it will get better and easier, I'm just hanging out to reach that point. I am really looking forward to Hugo being a toddler - I'm sure I'll enjoy the new independence and wonder of a toddler better when I'm not pregnant or have a newborn to deal with - I've never had that luxury before! :rolleyes::lol: Whereas right now, all I want to do is put Angus in a box and wait for him to grow some common sense! :lol:

I'm so easily distracted, that I forgot to mention it was Emmeline's birthday yesterday. How weird is it to have a six year old in the house!! Where did the time go!?! In lieu of a party, we had a family outing to the zoo. It would have been great if we weren't all overtired - there were more tears and stamping of feet than really necessary!! But still, we had a pretty good run with the animals, and got up close and personal with some penguins and a wombat. The snakes were also a big hit, which freaked me out! We beat a hasty retreat when a great white shark swimming past us had all 3 kids in tears! :rolleyes: They had just had enough! We finished the day with a picnic of Dominos pizza in the backyard which was lovely and relaxing - no cooking, yay! I made brownie cupcakes with marshmallow topping for her to take to school today. They looked odd, but were a real hit.

uh oh, Hugo is awake. Bye :waves:

Edited by *Caro*

KylieB

Caro - yeah, but even though you know it it still doesn't make it any easier lol And then you feel crap because you think you shouldn't feel that way. But knowing where I am now, I know I could not do it again willingly :ph34r: If I was younger and hadn't done it all so quickly. I am still exhausted. I wake exhausted. I wonder if I will ever feel normal again lol

But I have to say, I hope the weather forecast comes to fruition this week! Snow from midweek (would you believe Wednesday is called Mittwoch here? Literally "midweek") until at least Sunday! But cold to go with it :)

Pizzas tonight. Sarah's choice. Aggi has a day off school tomorrow as the teachers have a training day. I think I'll go find Kirsty a really warm jacket, some fleece lined jeans and some ice skates for the girls. Like I can ill afford it but hey :blush:

Chat later.

dippinsniffer

Good Mornin' :) .

I typed this up last night but watching 'Midsomer Murders' meant I couldn't edit to post properly so I saved it.

CARO, Happy Birthday to your Emmeline :) . Zoo (even if it had it's 'moments'), pizza-picnic, brownie cup-cakes with marshmallow topping, no cooking ... what an exciting day :) .

Yes, the day will come, in just a couple of yrs, when all will be in day-care/pre-school or school :yes: ! Can you imagine!

And yeah, the neediness of some babies definitely applied to DS here so I agree with you .... all that feeding every 1-2hrs for 50mins at a time, the nappy changes, the trying everything to keep them from crying every hour, the waking every 2 hrs at night for 10mths straight, the unsettledness ... yes, I agree, soo much easier when they're older, self-sufficient and able to be rationalized with. Well ... most of the time :) !

I'm LOVING this stage with my kids, so much easier than when they were babies, I'd be happy if it were like this with a 4 and 6yr old forever :) .

And YES, that's right, I've tried to look from the 'outside in' sometimes and see my kids through the eyes of when I was solo, in my late teens and it is so weird to think we have 6yr olds! SIX! If I really think about it, it feels strange to realize that I'm the mum of a SIX yr old! I was telling DH just last week when we were on a walk, if he ever imagined this would be how his life turned out, happily walking with a wife behind those two kids, running up ahead :) .

PIX, being 'published' in a paper and mag! Very exciting :) !

MALLI, yes, his behaviour has improved massively the past 6mths. huge! He's just wonderful, wonderful to have around, soo helpful, so curious, so chatty, so loving ("daddy, can I have a cuddle") and we do so much stuff together (like browse shops, go to cafes, visiting) and he's almost perfect - for a 4yr old boy, who just 18mths ago would be a run-about and pest in a shop/cafe which necessitated taking him only when he was asleep :rolleyes: !

It was good seeing you in action with your kids :smile: . I know you've said in the past that all you seem to do is yell and 'referee' but today, you were perfection with them and they were just fine, imo :) .

Your boy is such a conversationalist and your elder two girls (after they sorted out their play-doh dilemmas) played so well together out on the verandah/balcony thing :yes: . And your third girl is soo adorable with her chubby cheeks and so much more mature at 18mths than DS was at that age, she has such an 'interested' (and adorable with those chubby cheeks!) face, like she's perpetually curious about the world :) .

I meant to say, I like listening to you switch from English to Arabic with them, I like listening to bilingual families :) .

It was great meeting you after so long and I do hope we see each other before you go back - there were many items around your house - with Arabic writing - which I was interested in knowing more about :) . I am using the book-mark right now in my book, thanks, perfect gift :) . You're doing an amazing job being a mum of 5, straddling two countries :) .

Had a lovely weekend. Spent Sat in pamper mode....3 hours hairdressing stint then I went and had a manicure and pedicure and bikini wax (ouch)...... Sat night at my sisters for combined fam birthday dinner and the BEST pav (I am a star) then yesterday we had our 12th Wedding Anniversary so we went and did The Spit to Manly scenic walk (10km and 5 hours)! Glorious day....the kids were amazing! ...
BRILLIANT :thumbs: .

SS, good to hear your dad's 90th was nice :) .

You and Pix at the same wedding? 'Small world' coincidence, Pix, photographing or guest?

KYLIE, awww, sorry to hear you're so exhausted you barely know what normal feels like :hugs: . You're doing a magnificent job with parenting under very challenging circumstances in a foreign country and travelling so much, it's no wonder, hey :) !

Cool, that's an interesting bit of trivia about 'Mittwoch'! Though I do like 'Hump Day' :) .

Something I've wanted to share for weeks: A lady I know at work is from China, like, she came here a few yrs ago was telling me one evening that after she finishes work at 10pm, she had to get home and wash her kids' clothes for school the next day and dry them; she wasn't getting to bed till midnight. Apparently, a common occurrence.

And yesterday, I read this on FB from the friend of a friend in India who was discussing a nice b'fast she had, "Awesome wd friends ,wdout husbands, after droppin child off to school, all relaxed n eatin at a cool venue ...". My point being, Australia, China, India, Germany, Chile ... parents have very similar experiences/feelings when parenting at some time or another, whether it be staying up late to get the kids' things sorted or enjoying their child-free time with friends. Of course there are some cultural differences but there are many similarities too :) .

Nothing and I mean nothing planned for today so I'm just gonna see what organizing I can do now for December parties, getting frames for some of DD's really nice art-work which I have kept over the years. DH is also home. Two catch-ups with friends tomorrow. Stunning weather here ... *happy sigh and thrill of joy* :) .

Edited by dippinsniffer

KylieB

:) Dip. I think it is just the "normal" for me now. I mean really, I have either worked crappy shiftwork or later in life had waking kids since I was, oh, about 15 :ph34r: I would not know. It is just that now I'm older, I have more trouble keeping up with it. I wake and wonder if I did sleep lol Doesn't matter, my motto is sleep is for the weak ;)

I also think I need a blood test to check thyroid function. My weight loss may have adjusted my med levels and it needs a tweak? Who knows. I also have a slight sore throat so for the first time in a while I'm wondering if I'm coming down with something. I usually don't get what the kids get but they did have something a few weeks ago.

I keep thinking about putting something in concrete about our Christmas drinks and horses doovers ;) But then I don't know if I can be a*sed! Too many Christmas markets to go to!

KylieB

Oooo, Happy Birthday to Emmeline for the day before yesterday! I think that sounded like a great day. Those brownies sound awesome (that is my new fave word at the moment :rolleyes:)

SportySpice

Dip - wedding was of a buddy of mine and I recommended Pix to her and bingo she did the shoot! :D

migraine still lurking - going to be a long hard day with it :(

best be off and ready for school and work!

xx

dippinsniffer

Kylie, yeah, I know it's 'normal' for you but it just sux that it has to be that way :closedeyes: . I know there are trade-offs and all that and you guys have been to more places than most could dream of but still, I WISH you were able to feel perky, on top of the world, refreshed and energetic every day :) . Maybe one day that time will come, in the years to come :) . Though, I'm hoping none of us end up like poor DH's mum who's hormones changed after her hysterectomy and ever since, she has suffered insomnia and at best, might get 6hrs sleep, at worst, 3hrs. And she's mid-60's with no kids to wake her. I feel so sorry for her, she's tired almost every single day for the past decade and poor immune systems mean she gets sick often and it really knocks her around :( . Though she never complains, such is life, you'd never know to see her as she makes the effort to be perky and energetic but I can tell, some days she's only a little tired, some days she's very tired. I hope to never be like that :mellow: .

I've noticed more and more people saying "awesome" - I like to say it the American way like "ah-serrrm", you know :) .

Edited to insert emoticon.

Edited by dippinsniffer

Snagglepussed

I think we all fall into the doldrums regularly (at least for me) and oftentimes when we read FB (a real culprit) about other's lives and it all sounds so glorious...........it really is sugar coated....

Caro - FTR my two best friends are my husband and my sister.....after that there are scant few who have my complete trust and openess shared with them IYKWIM!

If we were all just more honest with each other it would be better.....

Having 4+ kids surely is a handful! I don't know how you do it you girls!

Malli - so sorry not to have been able to come down to see you all! We definitely have to organise it!

Dip - bilingual is great......Bec and I often converse in Italian out and about but in Sydney one has to be very careful! LOL

I rememebr once when Nonna was here we were walking through a shopping centre and there was an older distinguished man with a walking stick and he obviously had a wooden leg (you could see)....I said to Nonna in Italian "Look that man has a wooden leg" and he turned to us, smiling and started talking to us in fluent italian! I wanted to die but he made no mention of my gaf! He was just so happy to be able to use his Italian! He had been stationed there during the war and had spent many years there......Ahhhhh so much history amongst us!

Maz - your migraines are worrying! Have you made any food/nutritional connections that could act as triggers for a flare up? Have you seen a naturopath? :( You poor thing! Take it easy!

*Caro*

A little ray of golden sunshine in amongst my doldrums. :D I dropped the 3 older kids to school/childcare this morning and then managed a glorious walk with Hugo in the ergo! A double bonus, i got some exercise and smoochy cuddles with my baby! He even fell asleep in the ergo so there is hope for him to become m babywearing baby after all! yay for things actually going to plan for once!! :dance:

Caro - FTR my two best friends are my husband and my sister.....after that there are scant few who have my complete trust and openess shared with them IYKWIM!
me too, absolutely me too! i miss having my sister in Australia - even though we couldn't see each other regularly, at least there was only a 30min time difference. it's hard to coordinate a good chat with her when she is in belgium and busy with own 3 kids. But you would know all about time differences. you must love living near your sister!!

Have an AWESOME day everyone!

Edited by *Caro*