Sandra

November 04 Parents # 694

dippinsniffer

Aw, new baby :) .

I've been waiting for something substantial to post instead of lots of one-liners after everyone's individual posts :) .

NIC, how was it with your DH's parents staying over?

How was Halloween celebrated in your house-hold? It's been a popular topic of convo on the radio-waves!

Yeah, can totally understand you'd be upto your elbows in nappies and sick of it!

JULIE, sounded like a great weekend indeed of 'all play and no work' :yes: .

HELEN, good to hear all is well with you guys and that you're following a new class :) . Hope Milly had a fun party :) .

KYLIE/ PIX, yup, would agree with 'probably the best country in the world for that type of surgery' :yes: .

JODIE, how weird of me, I thought only SG and Peanut were late October babies :doh: . His b'day sounded so much fun :) !

We are all really well :) .

Edited by dippinsniffer

Snagglepussed

I am taking on a 100km in a month challenge from my lecturer in Behaviour Modification! LOL He did it in a week but I am not that committed.....so a month it is! By 30th Nov I muct have walked, jogged or cycled 100km! Hmmmmm, can she do it!

Very busy weekend! Put my car on carsales last Mon, guy came to look Thu and then came and picked it up Friday with cold hard cash! Not bad.......so had to get another one and finally bought a Suzuki Swift yesterday afternoon at about 4.30!!!!!

The rest of the time was spent on my bed surround by notes and texbooks studying.....got 14 chapters done.....another 7 to go I think, exam on Wed......also have a yucky sociology essay due tomorrow but I am waiting on my friend (who happens to be a sociology lecturer) to proof it!

So it's been MAD around here! Have to organise finance and the car pick up this week (hopefully by Wed morning so I can GET to my exam) but I do have BIL car for a few says which is good!

So at work with my eyes hanging out of my head!!!! Hubby is sick (flu) so I have been sleeping on the sofa bed in the kids' room and it is killing me! Not at all comfortable! Sat night I slept with Bec there and she hogged the whole bed!

Need coffee!

Jodes - that play centre sounds ACE! I don't know what to do for Alessia's party this month as she wants Lollipops ..... but with 4 kids just with us and cousins it's too exy to have all her mates! May resort to a park one again! Will keep you posted if anyone wants to come!

Take care.......

ETA - how it is freaking possible to have excruciating heartburn when I have only had a small bowl of muesli this morning (4 hours ago)......Grrrrr......very distracting?

Edited by Girolama

greentreefrog

Hi girls

Malli - hope you are enjoying sweet baby cuddles!

Kim - You sound like you are just flat out. I have no idea how you find the time to study! I don't think there's any way I could do a full Uni course now. Funny I never really liked sociology, but bizarrely always got distinctions. Then with subjects I really liked, sometimes, I only managed a pass. Weird huh? Your DH is sick? Oh no, not man flu!

Pix- Bit full on about your Dad, but you know he'll be fine. We've got the best cardiac surgeons in the world here. Sharing your worry about the nuchal bloods. At least the scan was good, so there's a positive. Fingers crossed for good results in the upcoming tests. We understand your need to lie low, we're all here for you when you're ready, no matter what the results might show xxx

Dip - you sound as busy with life as usual! I have the same problem with Logan. He's 4 and still doesn't like wiping his own bottom. He likes me to do the last wipe to be sure he's clean. I told him that he's going to have to wipe himself at school next year, no one will do it for him. His reply - "I won't poo at school, I'll wait till I get home". Hmmm. Looks like we need some intensive training over summer!

Halloween - not real big around our area, and I would be happy not to do anything. But I have boys and they love creepy spooky scary things, so we had to do something. I'm definately not going out trick or treating, so I made a lolly treasure hunt in the house and they wore scarey masks and stuff. Then we watched some skeleton cartoons.Must say I loved Nic's pics on FB. How cute is Gabriel in that hat??

We've been to orientation last week for Logan to start school next year. How weird is that? Both kids at school. I'm going to love having Wed/Thurs to myself for a few hours! Logan is definately ready intellectually, not sure about socially. But then, he's such a shy child, I don't think he'll ever seem ready socially. One introvert and one extrovert. We've told his brother he has to look after him to start with.

My car is all fixed now after the bus/jenolan caves incident. Like brand new, and with a minimum of fuss.

My neck is really hurting me. Woke up sore on Thurs. Did some stretching and put some heat packs on it over the weekend. Worse this morning, so went and had a massage, which was good at the time, but still hurt after. So took myself off to the chiropractor. He reckons I've injured my C5-7 facet joints (in my sleep). He adjusted the area and that released it a bit. Now just gotta get more heat into it. He told me not to go to the gym :( lest I make it worse. So instead I went for a 30 minute bushwalk (with a heat pillow around my neck :tongue: ) and then came home and ate an almond and custard scroll. Hmmmm. Work will be interesting. Taking my heat pillow with me!

Right, must be off, sick people await my care!

Snagglepussed
He reckons I've injured my C5-7 facet joints (in my sleep).
Now tell us REALLY how you injured them! In your sleep! Yeah right! :D

BUt that would be painful!!!! The gym....no way. Sore neck calls for more custard and almond scrolls and lolling on the couch in front of daytime tele!

Take care!

Edited by Girolama

SportySpice

:dance::clap::dance::clap:Malli xx

Pix - ditto to what julia said ;)

Pix and Jodes - hope the boys had wonderful b'day party's! :)

Melb was great BUT wet and cold!

Hairspray was fantastic, Mary Poppins was fantastic and sgee just loved them so much (so did I! ;)

Saw the FS today and am :( bloody age.... grrr.... all bloods and u/s and everything fine and "normal" for a "woman my age"..... particuarly my hormone level relating to my "ovarian reserve".... how many eggs I have left - not a definiative number but by the level of this particular hormone they have an "idea" of what's left..... anyway - nurse on Wed and iikely to have first transfer and stuff all done mid Dec. :o

getting busy with work, melb cup tomorrow - not doing anything - sgee finishes school at 3pm - may get her a little early and get into a TAB and watch the race - will be reading the form tomorrow and ready to place bets! ;) Depending on track - likey Americana (or whatever) as an each way. ;) will check it's odds again tomorrow.

mirgraine still lurking but otherwise work tomorrow and DH home and sgee happily in bed.

love to all

night ladies xx

Snagglepussed

OK well I went to the TAB this morning.

The girls both picked Maluckyday so I have put an each way bet on him for them...

I went with first choice - no rhyme of reason and have

Zipping and Once were Wild.....

Hmmmm, have won first or place for the last two years so here's hoping this year follows suit!

One more chapter to read (from scratch) and then exam tomorrow at 1.45! Think of me girls!

dippinsniffer

Julia, :smile: both kids in school next yr! Wow! 12hrs ALONE every week! It'll be so nice for you :) . Do you plan on enjoying those times for doing what you like or will those days be for errands and chores?

Hope your neck gets better soon ... and I agree with Kim, "Sore neck calls for more custard and almond scrolls and lolling on the couch in front of daytime tele!" :yes: .

Kim, good luck with the hundred kms and your exam :) . I'm sure you will get at least a Distinction :) .

SS, good luck with the FS stuff :) .

Bye :waves: .

Edited by dippinsniffer

Snagglepussed

Jeez Dip you really make me relax reading your posts.....you are SOOOO calm...I envy that. :sleep:

dippinsniffer

Aw Kim, only working 16hrs a wk and no uni would do that :) .

SS, thought of you within a second of the win as you betted on 'Americana' didn't you :thumbs: .

Edited by dippinsniffer

SportySpice

Yes Dip! Re Americain....

but here's the REAL sad bit....

did a box of 4

Americain

Maluckyday

So you think and

Shocking

with the box of 4 you just need all 4 in any order..... so I get three from four..... grrr IF, IF shocking had placed as well and I had all 4 I would have "collected" over .................... wait for this and sit down........................................................

$16,000. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

back to lotto.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr shocking grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

dippinsniffer

OMG, SS!! So close!!! 16,000!! Crikey bobs!

dippinsniffer

For those interested:

http://goldenridge.chost7.com/index.php?cat=17 a farm for kids I only found out about yesterday. Something for the school hols maybe or next yr.

Edited by dippinsniffer

greentreefrog

Thanks for that farm info Dip, that sounds like something my kids would love! Especially Logan, he just loves animals :happy:

dippinsniffer

No worries, Julia :) . One day I also want to check out the Bus and Tram or Fire Engine or whatever it is museum up near Penrith too :) .

Yes, both my kids enjoy animals but DS just really, really enjoys them :) . Most days, he's pretends to be an animal. Yesterday it was a dog. He fully goes to 'fetch' or 'sit' or 'beg' and does all the right moves and barks and pants :lol::wub: .

SportySpice

Dip, thanks for the shops info ;)

i'm just overwhelmed with things atm so will be lurking and not saying much

ivf was good today but the $$'s are going to hurt, so we're likely to hold off until jan/feb due to xmas and hols. my head is just all over the place atm with so many questions and how i'm feeling about wanting to do this next journey.

DH has been a d*ck and hasn't been very responsive towards me - a man thing - but it's been pretty hard with his work coming first and just other stuff. on top of that his 21yo DD has been a complete and utter cow and lieing again and manipulating conversations - this time relating to sgee's bday party - if you have a grudge with me - fine, but don't hold my sgee to ransom coz you're a b**ch.

anywhat THAT has really upset me, DH and ivf and my head is just going everywhere. I just feel like I want to cry all the time but not sure about what either .... make sense. just overwhelmed i think.

anyway - will be in and out and let you guys know what's happening.

xx

Snagglepussed

Oh SS - I will be finished exams as of next Wednesday if you feel like a Manly catch up vent......

Exam today went well although one of the shirt answer Qs worth 4 points went out with the garbage! :) Just had NO IDEA.....oh well! Can't be helped....I am vacillating between a D and an HD so all good either way!

Now a night off to catch up on some tele and no books and then back to it tomorrow for my exam next Tues! Ugh!

DH is on his way home with the new wheels and indian! Yay! No cooking for me! Having a Corona and just chilling! The kids have eaten their vegetables tonight....Woot! All good!

Dip - thanks for that link! Looks great and so close too! A day visit sounds good!

Edited by Girolama

Snagglepussed

Hey! Do any of you Sydney women have a recommendation for a tax/financial advisor!

I need to get this foreing income sh*te sorted! It's beginning to do my head in and I don't understand why ATO return changes each year......we got a bill and i DON'T KNOW WHY! Waaaahhhhh!

*Caro*

Hey chickadees!

Pix, have been thinking of you. Hope you are doing ok. The waiting must suck.

Not much doing here. DH, Hugo and I all have colds - and its our wedding anniversary. we celebrated by having a glass of cheap champagne with our dinner - oven fish and chips with the kids :lol: My, haven't we come a long way :p

Is my nearly 6yo the only Nov 04 baby who hasn't lost a tooth yet?? :huh:

Snagglepussed

Was she late in getting them as a baby? That can often have something to do with it! I know my nephew had his first tooth at 4 months and then lost his first tooth jsut before turning 4 so there you go....maybe it goes the other way too!

Just did some revision on the practice tests for Crim exam on Tuesday but I am so NOT into it! It's dry and boring and it could be such a great unit! The lecturers READ the damn lecture which is boring as bat poo to listen too! I don;t understand that! If you aren't passionate about an area WHY OH WHY do you lecture? And they are young too which really just riles me more!

She even made the terrorism lecture boring! I mean really????

Anyway I have decided that I am going into the exam with a potential HD so I am NOT going to bust a blood vessel preparing for this because I WANT MY LIFE BACK!

Over and out!

Tombi

Quick howzit from me!

No, M hasn't lost any teeth, but she was born Dec22.

Kim, I can recommend either P.aul L.yon at P K F, but they charge big biccies as they look after the high end suits, or if you want no frills, but 100% dependable and a genius with tax minimisation, P.eter K.onnaris in Kogarah. Tell him I referred you and that I'll shout him a pisco sour when he's in Chile next year if he looks after you!

xx

Edited by Tombi

SportySpice

Caro - sgee STILL has all of her bubba teeth and she was 23 oct..... I think she got her first tooth around 6-7 months... maybe just a bit later... she's seen the dentist twice - she comes along with me now - and he says they are fine and they can loose their first tooth anywhere up to 7.... guess that's what will be happening with us!

lots on

love to all xx

Snagglepussed

Oh Tombi - now I want a Pisco Sour! Waaaahhhh! I lurve them so much! Was my fave tipple at my fave bar along the canals in Milan (TANGO)......Sigh!

Thanks girls for all your recommendations.....am making a list....checking it twice........trying to find out...(oops that's Christmas)......you DO realise it's only 50 days away or thereabouts!

Snagglepussed

Hey Pix! Just looked at your brother's wedding photos (they are amazing as always) and shock of shocks....

One of the bridesmaids was Bec's Kindy and Year 2 teacher!!!!

Small world strikes again!