Sandra

November 04 Parents # 693

Malli

Hey Ladies thanks again and thanks for your mobile msgs and calls! It means so much to me.

Im feeling much better after my big cry and feel ready now. Well at least till I lie on the bed tonight :)

Kylie - You go girl with your weight. After this one Im going straight back to the Contours for the next two months while Im here. Hoping to ship some of my weight before I head o/s

Snagglepussed

Malli - thinking of you! I would be hopeless birthing alone even though I am a silent labourer and don't make any noise, conversation etc.... LOL Thinking of you!

I am very confused with the whole OS thing! Are you guys moving over?

Kylie - way to go girl on the weight! Very envious! With all that german fare too! Phew! I am impressed! I am back on the wagon again (for the 1000th time) ...... 65 is my ultimate goal at the moment or even 68 really (pre-preg weight) but I just CAN'T stay 80 which is what I am at the moment! Ugh! :o

Exam next Wed and then the following Tue and I am freaking out!

In a weird head space as I got 93% for one assignment yesterday and then came home to a 55% for another subject and it rocked me! I have set the bar so high that my very first "JUST Pass" killed me! For that subject I have a 75% weighted assignment to submit as a final "exam" so really feeling out of my depth with it all! It is sociology and so very very OUT THERE.......almost anything goes but then obviously not (if you look at my 55%).....

I wrote to the lecturer and he was LESS than helpful.....basically telling me I didn't do a strong piece of work but it is such a subjective subject that I am still not really understanding where I went wrong......I am waffling but it obviously still affects me more than I am willing to let on! Phew.....that was hard...off my silly soap box now!

Anyway........got ot fly to get to school on time!

*Caro*

Kim, I feel your pain! Sociology does my head in - I just don't get it! That was my worst subject at uni - even though I expected to love it. I barely scraped a pass - but when on to do very well in my law degree, so I am obviously no dunce! Give me constitutional law any day :lol:

I've been trying to get a bit of weight loss going too. Trying to cut back on calories (but CANNOT cut out chocolate - I am addicted!) and get more active. DH bought me the Zumba DVD set for my birthday :lol: I went to post natal yoga yesterday, and I'm a bit stiff today - either that was a serious workout, or I am seriously out of shape!!

Thinking of you, Malli xx

RockPaperScissors

malli :( i can't imagine being in your shoes right now... but those thoughts don't help, so i too shall chant 'go malli go' and really, we all know you'll be fiiiine birthing alone, if it comes to that, as you won't actually be alone, with hospital staff with you. still, i truly wish it could be different for you...

and not to bother you, but like kim, i'm confuzzled about your overseas plans, why your DH is away, and whether you are in australia long term, or not? but no matter... those answers will come out in time :)

thinking of you, malli, so much!!!

i have only just 'got' borebora... der!

kylie, gosh you are small! how tall are you again?

kim, you and i have a common thread with our weight. when i was 80kg, i hit the wall, fed up with the slow gaining of weight, and really hit WW hard. lost 12kg, then fell pregnant with cleo! i'm at 68kg again now, but back on WW as i'd really like to get to 65kg. it's possible :) for both of us :)

SS, so what's DH being such a schmuck over? general stuff, or specific? hoping not baby-making related... xxx

we are all into week two of aaron away; he is home on wednesday, and we have a BUSY weekend planned, with a wedding on the saturday and max's party on the sunday. for max's party, we've decided on a pool party with family and six school friends. i have googled 'pool party cakes' and wow, some amazing creations!!! i am not particularly talented with cake making, so may just hollow out a sponge, add blue jelly and some swimmers and sea life :D

okay, back to the grind i mean work :shhhhhhhhhhhhhh:

xx

manhattan

hi guys, fyi i spoke to malli on the phone this morning to see what we could work out and as it happens, her brother will take the kids so she should have her mother with her. she said she was going to check into hospital alone tonight as the induction really won't start until the morning. she was feeling much better now that there was a proper plan in place, so just send her all your strong, happy vibes now. :)

Snagglepussed

Oh that is good! I have been thinking of Malli all afternoon!

i have only just 'got' borebora... der!

Alright......can someone please let me into the inner circle...? I have NO idea what it means....

dippinsniffer
Kylie - unfortunately, we can't help out with your City... and its planning issues!
:)

... heading to melb this w'end - off to see Hairspray and Mary Poppins, part of her b'day pressie ... She'll have 1/2 of school on Friday and we fly down mid arvo - we'll meet DH there .....
Sounds like heaps of FUN :) .

I'm pretty happy with myself. I'm down to about 62 kilos ...
FAB :) !

I wrote to the lecturer and he was LESS than helpful.....basically telling me I didn't do a strong piece of work but it is such a subjective subject that I am still not really understanding where I went wrong......it obviously still affects me more than I am willing to let on!
:mellow: DH found the same unhelpfulness and lecturers just not explaining things very well either. Lots of them don't have teaching degrees so while they might be experts in their field with Masters and PhD's, some of them don't really know how to TEACH. I found that with some of my uni courses too. But I guess like any job, most lectures are good but some are ... not.

... like kim, i'm confuzzled about your overseas plans, why your DH is away, and whether you are in australia long term, or not?
Which is what I've been asking for months and why I'm hanging to see her sooooon :) .

...so may just hollow out a sponge, add blue jelly and some swimmers and sea life
Sounds perfect :) .

I was telling Malli last night that I was available at any time day/night for baby-sitting so her mum can be with her for as long as needed so I had my phone with me all night and today in-case she called and only put it away this arvo after I read Nic's post about her brother baby-sitting :) . Everything has worked out in the end - as these things almost always do :) . Now to wait patiently for tomorrow .... wishing you all the best, Malli :) .

Edited by dippinsniffer

Brat

Hi guys!

Thanks for letting us know about Malli, Nic, I feel happier for her knowing she has her Mum. Thinking of you too Mallixx

Snap to both Tanya and Kim! 81 was MY turning point too!!! I went down to 66 and was very happy, back up to 76 (but with heaps of gym so no-one but me noticed - weird!) Now I am 67 so very happy, but no goal in sight, just plodding along slowly, lost of exercising and calorie counting, but very slow going (maybe it's the weight training???) In any case I am always comfortable under 70!!

Good job Kylie! 62 is teeeeeny :) How is life btw?

Where is Jodie? How is Buddy going?

Nice to hear from Nev too. Though I see most of you around facebook I never feel like I'm missing anyone much....

Iam pigging out tonight - umm maaa. I made a spaghetti omelette and LOVE it (the kids aren't too fussed) so lots of leftovers..

I have done something to my shoulder last Sat (lifting weights :( ) AGONY! I went to a Physio yesterday which was pure bliss, but have damaged it again doing a weights class!!! Gawd I sound like a gym junky - so weird for me. I even LOVE running now. Feel bad if I can only fit in a 3 km run lol. A few months ago I couldn't run for a minute I swear!!

Love the new pics Caro and Pix. How cute is baby HUGO!!! and Angus sucks his fingers like my Ashy xx Pix you guys are stunning (I have a crush on your brothers lol!!)

Love to you all x

Edited by Brat

KylieB

Ah, that is good Nic. Thanks, it makes *me* feel better as well.

OMG! I mis-got the Borebora joke? :laugh: I thought he was just being sarcastic, and referring to the little French-Polynesia islandi PMSL I thought, yeah, it is flat and you wouldn't need a pram there :tongue:

I'm going to go away as I can't help laughing about it.

62? yeah, it is good but I still have love handles. I am not tall. 163cm. You should have seen be just before Aggi. I was 54kilos, all muscle. I was tiny, though. I saw a pic the other day of back then and maybe even a little too thin?

Anyway. Only a half hour until pick up. Been in and out all day.

Ciao.

Malli

:D induction didnt work. back in tomorrow at 7am if nothing happens tonight.

Oh how I love happy gas. Even though i tend to cry rather than laugh

thanks for all your happy thoughts. they seem to be working!

Edited by Malli

dippinsniffer

Well, it's almost 7am .... :) .

Yup, Julie, crush on Pix's brothers here too :) . I'm sure if I ever see them IRL I'd be all giggly, shy and blush :smile: .

All brilliantly well here :) .

Edited by dippinsniffer

pixiefish

You guys are gross about my brothers, shush ;) Dad is still here and looks like he might be having open heart surgery before he goes back!! He saw his doc that originally did his bypass surgery 22 years ago and he would rather do it here than Chile. So we are all freaking out a bit and waiting to hear whats going to happen.

I recently heard Canboring rather than boraberra :D

Gearing up for peanut's party this weekend and looking forward to it....!

Am a bit stressed at the moment guys so sorry for short post ... just a lot on my plate right now. I will pop back in to check on our Malli though :wub:

dippinsniffer

Hey, what a surprise, no one has made a birth announcement yet! Normally I'm way down the list offering congrats :) . But not this time ... :)

Malli had a baby girl at 11:23 (I'm assuming this morning, not last night?), 4.4kgs and 53.5cms long.

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU and your family, Malli :) .

Pix, give us a shout if you're feeling overwhelmed and stressed and have alot on your plate, ok? We're here to help :) .

I was wondering how things were going with your family 'reunion' the past few weeks and with Caro's reunion too ... all those people in the house and playing 'tetris beds' :) .

*Caro*

Congratulations Malli!! Wonderful news! I was sure it was going to be a boy :rolleyes: I always get these things wrong! Can't wait to hear names...

Tetris beds at our place was fun! We moved all the kids upstairs with us - Hugo squished into the bassinet that he was really too big for, Angus in a cot and the girls on cot mattresses on the floor - Emmy was too long for hers, so we put them end to end so her feet could go on Zahra's bed, and then made them share a doona :lol: Not quite child abuse, but close :p Downstairs, we had my sister and her 2 daughters in one room (2 in proper beds, one on a blowup mattress), Mum and Dad had a queen size bed in one room, and my brother and nephew shared a room with foam mattresses on the floor. It all worked quite well - even having the world's shortest showers so we wouldn't run out of hot water!

I have finally ordered cards for Hugo's thank you cards. I feel so organised :blush::laugh:

KylieB

Wow! Malli. A big congratulations to you. Well done and can't wait to hear the beautiful name you have picked :) My goodness, girl, you guys make big babies! XXX Thinking of you on your babymoon.

Pix - I bet you have a lot on your plate.

Got to run. Grumpy Rhys.

manhattan

Dip, I got a text in the middle of a birthday party and was just coming on to post now but you beat me to it. :)

Congrats again, Malli! So happy for you guys and can't wait to hear how the birth worked out in the end. Hope you are all recovering well. Enjoy the next few days with your new bundle. :wub:

I was sure it was going to be a boy

Malli told me yesterday that they'd already found out they were having a girl but I couldn't remember her telling us!

I am off to bed soon. My day has been poo, both literally and figuratively. I am sick of changing dirty nappies in completely ridiculous locales and also need a vacation from my husband. G'nite! xx

pixiefish

Such fantastic news Malli - I got the text too but was out Halloween shopping :) I am so happy for you guys, can't wait to hear the beautiful name and the beautiful pics xxx

dippinsniffer

What are you getting to celebrate Halloween, Pix?

pixiefish

Just spoke to her, she sounds fantastic and I heard the new little one crying :luv: nothing like a newborn cry :) i have her hospital number if anyone wants xx

Edited by pixiefish

greentreefrog

A big congratulations to Malli and family! Hope you enjoy this time with your newest arrival xxx

Snagglepussed

Ooooh congrats Malli! A little girl! Lush! Enjoy!

When Kylie put a note in FB to say there was news here i jsut immediately jumped to conclusions and went "No way.....Kylie pregnant!" LOL

Yay....anothe bubba in our midst! Great stuff and a big bubba too!

Brat

Congrats Malli and family :) So 4 girls and one boy huh? ;) Hope you are all well and everyone is enjoying your new bundle of joy xxx Looking forward to hearing all about your new daughter xxx

Pix!! Wow about your Dad! That's huge news! Will he stay with you the whole time? Is his wife and daughter with you too? Thinking of you lots x

No work for me this weekend :) :) SO movie night tonight and fish and chips! Then party tomorrow, sleep overs and Sunday Trick or Treating lol

Have a great weekend everyone

GeraniumQueen

Another one that came here from FB thinking that Kylie is pregnant :rofl:

Congratulations Malli, backing out of your thread now ;)

Brat

lol @ everyone thinking Kylie was pregnant!! I did briefly also :)

Guest Mini-Grey

Oh Malli! Fantastic news. Congrats!!! Anyone know bubs name yet?

Edited by Mini-Grey