AnotherFeral

...apron sew-along? *Now running approx. 10.10.10 - 31.10.10*

blueberry℘twist

I just started cutting out my apron and I dont have enough co-ordinating fabric :doh:

I thought I bought a meter, which wouldnt have been enough anyway but the pattern says I need 1 3/4 yards, and I only have 1/2 meter, and I have just been into town before I found this out, so it will have to wait till next week now :(

oh well, I can get the bodice and skirt part don and ready to go ;)

RedHibiscus

I was going really well on my apron last night, could have had it finished, BUT ... one of the fabrics was upside down and it was VERY noticable! :rofl: It's kinda funny now, was a little frustrating last night though, I was on a roll! A plus though is I adore my apron already, even when it was just the top sewn together, I fell in love with it. :blush:

Mum is my saviour, she has the same fabric I fudged and I will be able to use that (thank goodness for Mothers!). :wub:

Along with that, I cheated and got premade binding ... and it wasn't the right size! :rofl: So I made some binding (wasn't as hard as I thought it would be) and I am very pleased it turned out properly!

Sue How is yours coming along?

L&L :pray: you have got some time to sew!

LJ* Oh I :heart: that apron, it is awesome. Gorgeous fabrics and pattern, it came together perfectly. Well done! :D

anyonez~angel Have you started sewing yet?

I guess I had better move. Off to have a browse of the boards before getting the princess organised for school.

Have a lovely day ladies. :D

blueberry℘twist

I have finished one side, but trying to decide whether to do it reversible or just go with one side ;) ????

I am going to alter the pattern and do an adjustable strap around the neck instead of a tie up one, I hate having a knot at the back of my neck and a few people that have made this apron said it was better that way :)

anyonez~angel

No sewing from me yet. We have all been sick On and off but I have cut out some fabric for an apron for my nephew so with 1 day left I will finish that.

Blueberry twist - is it reversible or 1 sided???

Redhibiscus - I hate when that happens. Yay for your mum tho

How is everyone else going???

blueberry℘twist

It is reversible, I have finished the apron part of it, and have done one side of bias binding neck strap, I just have the other side to do now which is not too hard but having visitors I keep getting interuppted :rolleyes:

RedHibiscus

Sue That's what I was up to this morning, but I FINISHED! I love it, though there are a few adjustments I would make next time (and there will be a next time, Tori wants one lol).

Sooo, here it is (Tori is modelling), click image to enlarge. :)

EmmelineApron1-1.jpg

EmmelineApron2-1.jpg

I love that feeling you get when you have created something (and actually followed through and completed it lol!). :wub:

Anyway, I had better run, off to dinner for Mum's birthday (it's on Monday) so better get Tori organised (or she will spend the rest of the night in front of the mirror hehe).

Take care all and have a lovely weekend. :D

AnotherFeral

Beautiful apron, Tracey.

blueberry℘twist

Your apron looks great Tracey :D

I have just finished mine ;) will take photos tomorrow.

There are a few things I will change next time I make it too ;)

RedHibiscus

L&L I got my fading pen from Spotlight, wasn't exxy and it disappears in water. As for the apron, I would taper the bottom a little, make the sash longer, and the halter strap shorter lol. Re: cutting patterns, I use baking paper, and pin that to my fabric then cut. HTH. :)

Sue Can't wait to see it! :)

Hi all, bad mood here. DH is being a tw@t. :rant:

blueberry℘twist

I would make the accent band under the top part the same width as the straps, then it would sit better I think.

I made the neck strap adjustable with 2 d-rings, since I hate having ties behind my neck ;)

I would make the base of the skirt a little narrower and straighten the bottom too.

I made my opening for turning in the side too instead of the base, because I finder it hard to close a curved seam than a straight one ;)

blueberry℘twist

Just took some dodgy photos of my apron :p click on my sig to see them on my blog ;)

L&L - I have 3 different types of pens, one is blue and removable by water, one is pink and has its own pen eraser, and the other is an iron removing one, that is my fave - but because it is white I cant always use it.

I just lay the interfacing (IF) over the paper pattern and copy it with a regular black ball point pen, then cut out the IF pattern. Then I lay the IF pattern over the fabric, it usually sticks to the fabric without needing to be pinned, if it is a straight line type pattern I will just use my ruler and rotary cutter to cut around the pattern but if it has lots of curves etc. I will trace the pattern onto the fabric with one of my pens and then cut with scissors.

I find the better you cut out a pattern the better your sewing will be since you have nice clean accurate lines to gauge your seams from :)

I would love to do another sew-along, but wont have any time till the new year, anyone else keen?.... :unsure:

AnotherFeral
Edited by aratiaw

blueberry℘twist

Not sure what to do for the next sew-along??? In the past we have done:

Oven Mitt

Handbag

Skirt

Gratitude Wrap

any ideas.......

Edited by blueberry℘twist

AnotherFeral

Ooh, nice work!

I'm working on one too, also a Christmas present, using the butterfly fabric that I think I showed early on in this apron caper. It's nearly finished. I have fabric for two more, for people I'll be seeing in the first week of January. Not sure yet if I'll attempt them with such a tight (for me) deadline.