AnotherFeral

...apron sew-along? *Now running approx. 10.10.10 - 31.10.10*

anyonez~angel

aratiaw That fabric is very cute. Fitting for the task :)

redhibiscus Hope your pattern comes today.

So my pattern came today and oh dear lol. I think I might have a challenge ahead of me. This will be my second time sewing off a pattern so fingers crossed I get it.

Still waiting on my fabric from HT so I will be cutting out the pattern tonight.

AnotherFeral

Cutting out the pattern is an essential step, so you're still making progress.

redhibiscus, did your pattern arrive?

DD2 had a decent nap today, (not a reliable thing!), so I managed a bit of sewing during the day, blogged here.

RedHibiscus

Nope, no pattern. :cry:

Oh well, I have some other fabric here I could whip up one from a freebie pattern if I can find one I like. :ph34r:

Zebette

RedHibiscus Sorry to hear you are still waiting on your pattern to arrive. Maybe tomorrow?

aratiaw - I love your fabric, I think it will look amazing when it's all finished and I can't wait to see it.

AnotherFeral

Thanks :). It was $5/m (Craft Depot clearance bin). There were a few metres left on the bolt, and they had quite a few other nice quality quilting fabrics in there too. The store is a pretty amazing sight, actually - their range of quilting fabrics is massive. Expensive compared with online only stores, though.

I think my fabric choice would be enhanced with the addition of some piping, perhaps a solid matching the blue/grey dots, but it's a bit late for that now, and this one is just for me anyway.

AnotherFeral

How's everyone going?

I did a couple more steps today, plus fixed a spot that DD1 took to with her scissors! More detail in my blog.

Zebette

I have just put in an order with Pink Chalk Fabrics so will have two more aprons to do once that material arrives, I doubt that I will get it done by the end of October but I am okay with that given I have done two this month now.

I just updated my blog actually with the little matching hairband i did for DD6 and her apron. I thought it would be good to keep her hair out of her face but didn't want to do a big chef hat style thing.

RedHibiscus
Pattern arrived earlier, have transferred it to paper and it is now sitting there lol. I was going to have a nap before I started with the fabric cutting but was too hungry to sleep so have just had half a packet of Oreo biscuits! :ph34r:

blueberry℘twist

so I am guessing you are now on a sugar high, madly cutting away :lol:

AnotherFeral

L&L: Well done! Can't wait to see photos! My 2yo also loves to 'help' with baking, and unfortunately I struggle to manage her enthusiasm, so I don't do much baking with the girls these days.

Tracey, your fabric looks great!

Zebette, the headband is perfect. What tutorial did you use?

DD1 has been invited to a princess/queen/king etc. party, and wants to go as a queen. Of course, the party is about 3 days after we move house, so I need to get the costume done before the serious packing kicks in and kills my sewing time! I've spent a bit of time drafting a pattern (adapting a dress pattern), so I haven't touched my apron today - might sneak in a bit of sewing before bed.

AnotherFeral

Ok, I couldn't not do a bit of work on the apron, so I did the (fiddly! tiny! rolled) hems on the shoulder ruffles (step 8 in the tutorial I'm using).

AnotherFeral

I made more progress today; blogged here. It's starting to come together.

How's everyone else doing?

RedHibiscus

Sue LOL. No, no cutting. I haven't done anything actually. :blush:

L&L Fantastic, I bet your DS2 loves it!

aratiaw Your apron is coming along nicely.

Zebette I too love the headband. Well done!

AFM, no sewing has happened for over a week. I have a pair of jeans to alter today but that will probably be it as I need to get organised for our weekend in Brisbane this weekend. Tori & I are going to see Paramore (it will be her first concert) and we are a little excited! :dance:

Also need to make some cupcakes to take to MILs tonight as she is having a 'Girls Night In' for the Cancer Council.

Happy sewing ladies. :wub:

Zebette

Aratiaw - The tutorial I used was this one for the 10 Minute Head Band so simple. I might need to make the fabric longer though as it is a smidge snug on her (she does have a big head though!)

AnotherFeral

Great link; thanks Zebette!

Have a fantastic weekend, Tracey!

I've now sewn all my apron pieces together and I'm part way through finishing off the waistband (hand stitching). I may or may not finish it tomorrow, depending on family activities. The next steps are to sew on buttons, sew button holes and finish the ends of the straps.

I found this apron pattern last night. I think the kids' ones are especially cute (though I'd probably change the shape of the pocket). To buy or not to buy?

AnotherFeral

Tonight I finished off the waistband, added buttons, button holes and stitched the ends of the straps closed, which means I'm finished! I actually did the buttons twice; the first time I sewed them on the wrong side :doh:.

It's a bit big for me, but I knew it would be and the people I'm sewing the other aprons for are larger than me. It's still wearable. For the others, I'll make the straps wider and the ruffles narrower - they do look a little silly!

I'll get some photos tomorrow. Would you like to see it then, or would you like me to wait until the 31st?

AnotherFeral

Oh, so cute!

Zebette

Aratiaw - now, now , now! Don't make us wait.

L&L Well done it looks great..I bet he can't wait to get into the kitchen for some fun now.

AnotherFeral

Ok! It will probably be a few hours though.

AnotherFeral

I've put some photos up on my blog.

MIL visited today so she saw my apron, and I even managed to get her to try it on without revealing my intentions to sew her one. However, I'm not sure if it's the right one for her - maybe I should use a different pattern. I won't be making hers until late November, so there's time to decide.

anyonez~angel

Aratiaw love it. well done.

My fabric arrived today. Still on the line tho so will start tomorrow

RedHibiscus

I will be cutting my fabric today, if sewing happens after that then it's a bonus lol! Had a big weekend and little sleep (you know, the 'not in your own bed' type of uncomfortable). Will be doing a little washing and tidying but once I find my fabric under the pile of stuff on the dining table I will be right to go! :D

aratiaw I love it. Well done! :thumbs:

:waves: Hi everyone, how are your aprons coming along?

blueberry℘twist

Tracey - I am up to the same as you ;) got some some shopping to do first then this arvo I will get stuck into it :D

aratiaw - love the apron, I like the black and white too ;)

L&L - very cute :D

I just remembered I have a little chef hat pattern somewhere, might make one for DS to go with his apron ;)

raysofsunshine

All finished here! The pics are on my blog.

I really enjoyed doing this and I am fairly happy with the result. The pattern was really easy to follow. I am looking to make some more for gifts to match my sisters kitchens.

How is everyone else going?

Leesa

AnotherFeral

Very nice, Leesa!