duedec

Diva Cup

duedec

After seeing the Diva Cup recommended in the EB recomends thread, I've decided to give it a go.

Can people suggest to me whether 1 is sufficient - or do you have some additional ones.

TIA.

Another Feral

You'll only need one. Just rinse it out each time you empty it and boil it to clean between periods.

Good luck with it. One of the best things I ever did lol

Orangedrops

Only one but I would go for a Moon Cup or Lunette over the Diva they are much easier to use from my experience. I love my cup!

themelster

I only have one. But mine is a Moon cup. Love it. Best thing ever.

Maree+2

Are the moon cups worth the money? Are they easy to use and clean? When removing the cup does it easily spill?

joykey
Are they easy to use and clean? When removing the cup does it easily spill?

This is one thing that worries me. I am clumsy. I can just imagine taking it out to empty somewhere like the ladies' room at work and spilling it everywhere, including on my clothes :sick::lol:

Another Feral

I've never spilt anything. Unless your flow is very heavy you don't have to empty often anyway. You may get away with not having to do it when you're at work or out and about. I usually just do it in the shower so it doesn't matter if it spills anyway. If you empty it over the toilet it will only spill into the toilet.

I've emptied it everywhere from work to plane toilets and never had a problem with mess.

Barefoot

Just the one.

I have a diva cup and love it. I empty it in the shower in the morning, then it will be good untill after I got home from work or mid-late afternoon (except on my extremely heavy days)

Towards the end, I would only have to do it in the shower, so much cleaner.

If you have to do it on the toilet (my worst fear is droppng it into the loo) I just pull it out, tip it into the loo, get some loo paper ready and bring it up (but not out of the loo) use the paper to wipe it, then re-insert.

I didnt boil mine between periods either, just let it sit in hot water from the tap for a while to soak.

Love my Diva cup (almost cant wait for AF to return after DS., almost)

mintyfresh

Like others have said, you only need one. I love mine, best investment I ever made. I generally only have to empty mine twice a day. So usually when I get up in the morning and when I get home from work. It's  rare that it's needed more than that, only on super heavy days. Mind you, it's been a few months since I last used it. It's still sitting in the cupboard waiting for (I hope) several months after baby is due.

Go for it! You won't regret it.

themelster

I only ever have to change mine morning and night. That's what I love so much about it. So I usually only change it in the shower.

joykey

So do they have something dangling from them to pull them out with, or do you have to dig around inside to get it out? I suppose I should google a picture to answer that question :blush:

Orangedrops

Nothindangles out but the stem sits just inside your vagina so it is easily reached no digging around. It took me a couple of goes to get the hang of it but now it's really easy.

~Nuddle~

only need one, I tried the diva and never got it comfortable, then switched to a meluna, and love it...

pundelina

I love mine too! So bizarre to be loving a 'feminine hygiene product' :happy: I just have the 1, it's enough. I've got a Lunette and it took me a few days to get the hang of getting it out but once I did it was fine. Like the others, it's easy to do in the shower and is leave-in-able for ages.

*mylittleprince*

Where can you buy them from online?

Silvermist~

I've also been wondering about these and think I'd like to try.

This will sound silly, but I'm quite a 'queasy' person and I'm wondering if I'll have trouble using it. :blush:

Guest CaptainOblivious

What is the difference between all of the brands?

zibble

I bought my diva cup from iherb in jan. Someone posted it here ages ago.

Code is DES856 and gives $5 off [not sure if it still works]

The diva cup works well for me most of the time. I have had the occasional leak but normally because I haven’t got it in right. I empty mine morning and night. So wonderful not having to worry at work about it.

Kafkaesque

I've got a Diva and just have the one. My period is pretty light so I only ever empty it once in 24 hours, in the shower in the morning.

Guest CaptainOblivious

Well, I've just ordered a green fleurcup. It was rated #1 buy the comparison website. Hopefully it works out well.

Thanks so much Excentrique for the website. I think it ended up being around $30 so around 3-4 month's spend on 'personal hygiene products' ;)

Party of Five

I highly reccommend them, they take a bit of adjustment, but well worth the perserverance!

Get one :yes:

mrsploppypants

a question for those people who have heavy periods and use a cup...do you need a pad as well?

just contemplating buying one as i have had enough of tampons/pads/ blah blah blah

LuckyLast

I will let you know in a couple of days..

Today is day 1 and I am trying out my new 'purple' Meluna Cup :smile:

I have a reasonably heavy flow now after having children, but my main concern (and the reason that I've waited so long to purchase) is my retroverted & retroflexed uterus.

I am really hoping that this works for me, especially for overnight (when I usually have to wear 2 pads in order to get a good nights sleep without fear of leakage).

So far, comfort-wise it's great! :smile: Much better than tampons (which never worked for me anyway).